PDA

View Full Version : FFFFFFFFFFFFUUUU--- [Help with Microsoft Word?] D:

Morph Bark
2011-10-08, 03:56 AM
So I just accidentally closed one of my Word tabs. No biggie, I got it saved anyways, so I re-open it.

Turns out I don't have it saved. At least, not the most recent version, and I completely forgot what I typed there (due to doing it yesterday and leaving the tabs open for today).

Is there any way to recover what I lost? ._.

Brother Oni
2011-10-08, 04:11 AM
No, unfortunately.

Autorecover only works if Word aborts unexpectedly, however you closing your tab by accident doesn't count as aborting unexpectedly to the program.

I think the latest version of Word (2010) does have previous versions of the document if that's enabled - you have to go to the File ribbon and look there.

Phishfood
2011-10-08, 04:53 AM
Nothing you can do about the current document i'm afraid, you can however set word to autosave every few minutes and create backup copies so that it doesn't happen in future.

Happens to the best of us I'm afraid, the boss did the same thing on thursday.

Morph Bark
2011-10-08, 04:55 AM
Nothing you can do about the current document i'm afraid, you can however set word to autosave every few minutes and create backup copies so that it doesn't happen in future.

How can I do this?

Brother Oni
2011-10-08, 05:09 AM
How can I do this?

Tools -> Options -> Save normally, but it depends on which flavour of Word you have. (http://support.microsoft.com/kb/107686)

You can also use the Help function in Word itself to find things, assuming you installed the help files.

Quirinus_Obsidian
2011-10-09, 08:50 AM
Also, autosave will only work if the document has been saved once. What I do is open the file, then do an immediate "Save As", then start working. Same goes for any MS Office product (Excel, Powerpoint, visio, etc.).