PDA

View Full Version : The Spy in Pathfinder

Mockingbird
2011-10-08, 01:09 PM
Hi, I'm building the Spy from Team Fortress 2 in Pathfinder.
I'm actually going to play this character in a campaign, and here's what I have so far, for first level.

Le Spy
Human Ninja, level 1
Dexterity 20 (from human's +2)
Strength 14
Charisma 16
Intelligence 12
Wisdom 12
Constitution 14
Exotic Weapon Proficiency (butterfly knife from Adventurer's Armory)
Weapon Finesse

Anyone have any ideas for this character?

Kamai
2011-10-08, 01:37 PM
In a mechanics sense, is there a reason that you're going with the rogue over the Ninja (http://paizo.com/pathfinderRPG/prd/ultimateCombat/classes/ninja.html)? Getting invisibility and disguises inherently and quickly seems that it should only help your concept, and get more use out of your Charisma.

Mockingbird
2011-10-08, 02:14 PM
In a mechanics sense, is there a reason that you're going with the rogue over the Ninja (http://paizo.com/pathfinderRPG/prd/ultimateCombat/classes/ninja.html)? Getting invisibility and disguises inherently and quickly seems that it should only help your concept, and get more use out of your Charisma.

:P
Thanks, I forgot about ninja. Let me edit my first post...

Ravens_cry
2011-10-08, 02:18 PM
You do realize that is a 40 point buy?
Your DM is allowing 40 point buy?
Pathfinder point buy?
Woah.

Mockingbird
2011-10-08, 07:52 PM
You do realize that is a 40 point buy?
Your DM is allowing 40 point buy?
Pathfinder point buy?
Woah.

Point buy? I don't know the meaning of the phrase (literally. :p)
In our campaigns, we roll the dice, assign them to the stats, derp around and we have our characters.

Madcrafter
2011-10-08, 08:01 PM
I agree with ninja mechanics working better for the spy, unless you think backstab is more like a rogue's sneak attack. Why not be a changeling? I think that would mimic the disguise action very well (along with disguise checks).

Point buy is when you get a pool of points to spend on stats. The price goes up the higher the stat is (its in the DMG, page forgotten)

Ravens_cry
2011-10-08, 08:20 PM
Point buy? I don't know the meaning of the phrase (literally. :p)
In our campaigns, we roll the dice, assign them to the stats, derp around and we have our characters.

Then sir, I congratulate you on your superb rolling skills.