PDA

View Full Version : A World of Magister Lords, Sorcerer Kings, & Emperor Magus

Anderlith
2011-10-09, 04:06 PM
So I was thinking of a world of magical indulgence. Mages make life awesome & easy. Create Food & Water make it so world hunger is not a problem. Roads don't exist out side of the mega cities because of Teleport Circles. Magister Lords rule the mega cities. Basically the citizens live to serve & the mage makes use of them however s/he can. There are a few exiled & free folk out side the wizard's walls & the sorcerer's wards & such that make traditional towns but they are always lower tech & lifestyle. It's kind of like tippyverse but not every mage lord wants to kill, because when you are immortal (or so powerful you are next to immortal) why worry over peons? Especially if the peons love you.

My idea is to have the players be in one of these magical mega cities, maybe as spell component farmers, or local neighborhood peacekeepers or such. Anyhow the city explodes without warning, killing most of the populous leaving a half hundred or so refugees & the party among them. Left in the smoldering ruins of the Magister Lord's city with experiments & angry pets & such running about & now having to fend for themselves in a world they have forgotten to survive in, they will walk & fight & maybe find civilization, but they will have to uncover the truth of that night & lead an exodus for the refugees.

I would like any comments you have, & would like some input for some of the things that the party could encounter, or have to deal with (like feeding lots of people that used to get three square meals a day, & the old magical menagerie of toxic predators >:)