PDA

View Full Version : D&D 3.5 Vampire Bloodline (PEACH)

fye121
2011-10-09, 11:36 PM
The Ancestral Blood

http://i196.photobucket.com/albums/aa227/Kyouki-chan93/1124.jpg

HI I'm was a long time lurker on giantitp, but i decide to try myself to some homebrew. I would appreciate any comment on this bloodline .
As they are Vampire, there have half-vampire but what happen when your grand-grand-grand father was a half vampire. ..
{table=head] Level |
Minor |
Intermediate |
Major

1 | | |+ 2 Move Silently
2 | | +2 Move Silently | Vampire Blood
3 | | | +1 Cha
4 |+ 2 Move Silently |Vampire Blood| Vampiric Strength
5 | | | Vampire affinity +2
6 | | +1 Cha | Charming Gaze
7 | | | + 2 hide
8 | Vampire Blood |Vampiric Strength | Children of night
9 | | | +1 str
10 | |Vampire Affinity +2 | Dr 5/Magic and Silver
11 | | |Vampire Affinity +4
12 |+1 Cha |Charm Gaze|Energy Drain
13 | | | +2 bluff
14 | |+2 Hide | Gaseous Form
15 | | | +1 Dex
16 |Vampiric Strength |Charm Gaze |Dr 10/ Magic and Silver
17 | | | Vampire affinity +6
18 | | | Dominating Gaze
19 | | +1 Str | +2 Sense Motive
20 |Vampire affinity +2 |Dr 5/Magic and Silver | Vampire Heritage
[/table]

Vampire Blood(ex):
You get the great power of the Lord of night , but it come with a Price.The Ancestral Blood get some weakness of the vampire.they recoilr a strongly presented holy symbol. These things don’t harm the vampire—they merely keep it at bay. A recoiling vampire must stay at least 5 feet away from a creature holding a holy symbol and cannot touch or make melee attacks against the creature holding the item for the rest of the encounter. Holding a vampire at bay takes a standard action.

Vampiric Strength: the blood that flow into the Ancestral blood augmented the strength on his whole body allowing him too do slam attack that do 1d6 for a medium size.

Charming Gaze: the Ancestral Blood may look on is eye of his prey allow him to charm the one that look on his eye, the ancentral blood may use charm monster 1/8, 1/4 or 1 time his quarter his character level. Exemple a level 20 ancentral blood (major bloodline) 5 time a days.

Children of the Night (Su)
The Ancestral blood command the lesser creatures of the world and once per day can call forth 1d4+1 rat swarms, 1d3+1 bat swarms, or a pack of 2d6 wolves as a standard action. (If the base creature is not terrestrial, this power might summon other creatures of similar power.) These creatures arrive in 2d6 rounds and serve the vampire for up to 1 hour.

Energy Drain (Su)
Living creatures hit by Ancestral blood's slam attack (or any other natural weapon the vampire might possess) gain 1 negative levels. For each negative level bestowed, the Ancestral blood gains 5 temporary hit points. A vampire can use its energy drain ability once per round.

Gaseous Form (Su)
As a standard action, a Ancestral blood can assume gaseous form once a day as the spell (caster level as the Character ), but it can remain gaseous and has a fly speed of 20 feet with perfect maneuverability.

Dominating Gaze: (Su)
As the Ancestral blood may use 2 of his charming gaze to use domination instend. caster lvl has the character lvl.Dc is 1o+ 1/2 lvl +cha

Vampire Heritage: The Ancestral blood gain the more powerful form of the vampire transforming him in a living undead, he gain the immunity of the undead but keep his constitution score. he gain also a bite attack doing 1d4 + str that allow him , when he pin a living person, to drink his blood dealing 1d4 con damage with the normal damage of the bite. the Ancestral blood gain 5 temp hp for each successful attack.

that was my first Homebrew so please critique honestly and tell me how i can review the Ancestral bloodline.

Pyromancer999
2011-10-10, 10:44 AM
There are a lot of spelling and grammar areas, so I'd fix those if I were you.

The main thing with this bloodline is that some of the stuff is underpowered(Hey, I get a slam attack! Neat-o!), while other stuff is way overpowered(I can pretty much bestow negative levels at-will with no saves!), while still other stuff like Vampire Blood is just a detriment. It mainly feels like you're trying to turn the Vampire into a bloodline, rather than making something for Vampire-descended characters.

Also, there already is a Vampire-Descended bloodline out there in the form of the Inherent bloodline (http://www.giantitp.com/forums/showthread.php?t=213704).