PDA

View Full Version : [3.X] Ninja of the Crescent Moon (S&F)

Thurbane
2011-10-10, 01:48 AM
Hey all,

Just wondering what people think of the Ninja of the Crescent Moon PrC? I happened to notice it the other day, but it's not a PrC I see mentioned often. It seems like a good Monk-like PrC at a glance: full BAB, all good saves, 4 skills/level, 5d6 sneak attack plus a bunch of random goodies.

I know it's from a 3.0 source, but I was wondering what the general opinion of the PrC is?

Cheers - T

Eldariel
2011-10-10, 01:51 AM
Hey all,

Just wondering what people think of the Ninja of the Crescent Moon PrC? I happened to notice it the other day, but it's not a PrC I see mentioned often. It seems like a good Monk-like PrC at a glance: full BAB, all good saves, 4 skills/level, 5d6 sneak attack plus a bunch of random goodies.

I know it's from a 3.0 source, but I was wondering what the general opinion of the PrC is?

Cheers - T

It's pretty good. Terrible to qualify for but numerically it stacks up fine to e.g. Daring Outlaw. There's, however, a nerfed IIRC and 3.0 PRCs are all quite obscure (which is a shame since while a pain to qualify for, most of the martial PRCs in 3.0 are way better than the 3.5 ones, all the way up to being actually worth using occasionally).

It's basically the CA Ninja with full BAB, all good saves, proper Sneak Attack, condensed ability progression & better stealth and actually worthwhile Kuji-kiri (though off a secondary attribute so still mostly useless). It also has the ability to actually wear proper armor; indeed, a Rogue-base has little trouble qualifying.

Thurbane
2011-10-10, 01:55 AM
Ugh, just read that it got errata'd quite badly: medium BAB, only good save is Ref...shame...