PDA

View Full Version : Need help with mah raging character

KotserB
2011-10-10, 11:42 AM
I created this character which isn't going to survive long, but I just want to have some fun with it.

Its a Dragonborn Goliath Barbarian 2/Fighter 4/Frenzied Berserker 2.

The point is my 'friends' wont let me have fun and made a bard with Soothing Voice and we have a Shadowcaster which is able to cast a rooting spell.

I only have a good fort save (+16).
My Reflex save is +1 and my will save is -2 (wisdom 4 :D).
My question is: can i do anything to prevent myself from being rooted or soothed?

the rest of the party btw looks like this:

Warlock/Duskblade (forgot the race)
Half Elf Bard (with the soothing voice shiz, some alternative class feature instead of countersong)
Dark some Elf Shadowcaster
Psion without race (yet)
Incarnate (forgot the race)
and me!

apart from my question: do you have any tips for me to improve my character? Atm is looks like this:

STR 26
DEX 11
CON 22
INT 12
WIS 4
CHA 16
Yes i rolled pretty good

FORT +16
REF +1
WILL -2

AC 12 (touch 10, flat-footed 12)

BAB 8

HP: 95

Class Features:
Mountain Rage 1/day (racial substitution level for level 1 Goliath Barbarian)
Illiteracy (for the fluff, my DM allowed me to keep it)
Lion Totem (which gives me Pounce, its a alternative Class Feature from some complete book)
Dungeoncrasher (give up your level 2 fighter feat for some awesome things, also alternative class feature from dungeonscape i believe)
Uncanny Dodge (its useless i know, but i dont care, need the BAB and d12 hit die)
Frenzy 1/day (im gonna be so dead, i need a natural 20 to stop my frenzy)
Supreme Cleave (woah, awesome!)
Immune to Frightful Presence (dragonborn thing)
Draconic Aspect (Heart) (I figured that if my friends would ever wanted to see me again I'd probably better dont make myself capable of flying)

FEATS:
Improved Bull Rush (next level ima grab Shock Trooper and i will be konwn as the first player in our group to end up with an AC lower then 0)
Intimidating Rage (prereq.)
Power Attack (duh)
Cleave (duh)
Extra Rage (Moah Rage and Frenzy)
Diehard (nice bonus from the Fr. Bers.)
Destructive Rage (again a prereq.)
Leap Attack (+ pounce = nice)

FLAWS:
Blind Rage (cant end rage voluntarily)
Pathetic (-2 on one ability score, guess which one i chose)

TroubleBrewing
2011-10-10, 11:48 AM
It sounds like your friends know that you want to play a foaming psychopath, and that they're OK with that, but they don't want to die horribly and pointlessly. They've figured out a compromise in that you can hulk out and kill everything bad, but when those times are over and it looks like a TPK is imminent, they have a few panic buttons to use. This is a good intra-party dynamic, and you shouldn't really be looking for ways to circumvent their TPK-prevention measures. Unless you WANT to earn a reputation as the opposite of a team player.

In response to your other question, I give you Being Bane: Eldariel's Guide to Barbarians! (http://www.giantitp.com/forums/showthread.php?t=105525)

KotserB
2011-10-10, 02:26 PM
It's sort of what I'm looking for, the opposite of a team player (although im majorly just trying to have fun).
in our last campaign i played a Chaos Gnome and for some reason everyone hated me. All the players and the DM also think the Spellthief is a poor class, and i think it's awesome. If this character dies I'm going to play one and my teammates don't like that decision. BUT IM CRAZY.

faceroll
2011-10-10, 02:40 PM
for some reason everyone hated me

Gee, I wonder why.

TroubleBrewing
2011-10-10, 02:50 PM
It sounds like your last character pissed off the group, so they made arrangements for your character to be less intentionally destructive this time.

Can you really fault them for that?

hex0
2011-10-10, 02:55 PM
See if you can use fractional saves, trust me.

KotserB
2011-10-10, 03:52 PM
My last character wasn't destructive at all. It was a Chaos Gnome Beguiler that didn't do any harm (the only thing I can remember is this: the kobold had sunglasses, he lost them so I made a Minor Image of it and he failed his safe). The hated me cuz i was a Gnome.

BTW: What are fractional saves?

hex0
2011-10-10, 06:22 PM
The rules are in unearthed arcana. Google fractional saves as well

Andion Isurand
2011-10-10, 06:57 PM
Take a look at the arctic template (Dragon Magazine 306) for +2 Con and -2 Cha among other things, at LA +0.

The Steadfast Determination feat (Endurance is the prerequisite) lets you use your Constitution for Will saves rather than Wisdom.

Try to get Troll Blooded as your first level only feat (Dragon 319 61) for Regeneration 1 (fire/acid) combined with the Heavy Legs construct graft (FoE 158) to ignore the effects of fatigue.

KotserB
2011-10-14, 03:59 PM
I decided to dump the improve my save thing and im just gonna be awesome with my incredibly low saves.

ive changed the following 2 feats:
- Reckless Rage replaced by Improved Bull Rush
- Greater Cleave replaced by Leap Attack