PDA

View Full Version : Random D&D dungeon generator

faceroll
2011-10-10, 01:18 PM
This is a very useful tool.
It gives you monsters, traps, and descriptions.

http://donjon.bin.sh/d20/dungeon/

BRC
2011-10-10, 01:19 PM
It sure sounds useful, I wish I had a link to it!

But seriously, there are several such generators on the internet. Which one are you talking about? Why do you prefer it above others?

Flickerdart
2011-10-10, 04:25 PM
Playing around with it for a little while, I'm impressed: the dungeon is populated by both static and roving monsters, with various agendas. However, one of the results I got was "10 x Iron Golem, consumed by disease and madness" which I think is hilarious. It doesn't seem to give much thought to environment and factions, as chromatic and metallic dragons of various kinds live in rooms next to one another.

NNescio
2011-10-10, 04:34 PM
Playing around with it for a little while, I'm impressed: the dungeon is populated by both static and roving monsters, with various agendas. However, one of the results I got was "10 x Iron Golem, consumed by disease and madness" which I think is hilarious. It doesn't seem to give much thought to environment and factions, as chromatic and metallic dragons of various kinds live in rooms next to one another.

Hey, if you are running a Nethack-esque* campaign...

(*AKA "roguelike", but the term may be confusing on a D&D forum.)

faceroll
2011-10-10, 05:26 PM
That site is really cool. It's got random spellbooks, random grimoires, random everything.

Cool stuff!!

darkelf
2011-10-10, 08:53 PM
Playing around with it for a little while, I'm impressed: the dungeon is populated by both static and roving monsters, with various agendas. However, one of the results I got was "10 x Iron Golem, consumed by disease and madness" which I think is hilarious.
nice. they could be just covered in filth, which doesn't affect them but any living creature which comes into contact with them might contract something nasty. or they could be affected by a rusting blight, which may spread to the party's weapons and armor, like the attack of a rust monster.

It doesn't seem to give much thought to environment and factions, as chromatic and metallic dragons of various kinds live in rooms next to one another.
that's just how they roll, dawg.