PDA

View Full Version : Natural weapons

BIGMamaSloth
2011-10-10, 06:59 PM
Does anyone know of a magic Item or feat that will give me a claw attack on each hand?

Flickerdart
2011-10-10, 07:03 PM
Demon Armor (http://www.d20srd.org/srd/magicItems/magicArmor.htm#demonArmor) does it in Core.

Grod_The_Giant
2011-10-10, 08:05 PM
Skin of the Claw- 16,000 gold psionic item, Claws of the Beast power at-will.

comicshorse
2011-10-10, 08:33 PM
Beast Claws from Savage Species (p49)

Or being a Razorclaw Shifter ( If you're playing in Eberron or your G.M. is allowing Shifter as a race)

gorfnab
2011-10-11, 02:52 AM
Feat: Eldritch Claws - Dragon #358

Coidzor
2011-10-11, 05:09 AM
If you've got the Dragonblood (dragonblooded?) subtype, there's a soulmeld that'll give you claw attacks just from being shaped in Dragon Magic, Wyrm Claws, I think. If you're willing to spend a few more feats, a few Magic of Incarnum Soulmelds give claw attacks when bound to the hand or arm chakras. I think Kruthik claws in particular.

As an interesting aside, a gore attack is one of the natural attacks hardest to grab as a PC without picking the right race, itself a difficulty if one is to remain a viable PC, and is available from a helmet in the Magic Item Compendium. Horned Helm, IIRC.

Darrin
2011-10-11, 05:21 AM
Skin of the Claw- 16,000 gold psionic item, Claws of the Beast power at-will.

MIC dropped the price to 12000 GP.

Also:

Gauntlets of the Talon (4000 GP, MIC p. 103).

Feytalist
2011-10-11, 05:31 AM
I seem to remember a vile feat in BoVD that grants you a claw attack. Willing Deformity, or somesuch.

GodGoblin
2011-10-11, 06:48 AM
On the far off chance you are playing a Kobold the Web enhancement for them gives them 2 claw attacks I believe.

KillianHawkeye
2011-10-11, 07:00 AM
On the far off chance you are playing a Kobold the Web enhancement for them gives them 2 claw attacks I believe.

And a bite attack as well.

GodGoblin
2011-10-11, 07:14 AM
Oh I am so playing a Kobold Totemist next...

Flickerdart
2011-10-11, 10:49 AM
Why? It's not like growing claws from your claws will get you better claws, and the best claws still come from Girallon Arms.

Coidzor
2011-10-11, 08:29 PM
Girallon Arms + Lamia Belt + Thri-kreen. SO MANY CLAWS! More claws than your body has room for.

4 claws + 4-2 claws + 2 claws = like 8 claws.

Take Deepspawn feat for the tentacles. Put gloves off man on them. Put on gloves of talon. 10 claws.

GodGoblin
2011-10-12, 03:43 AM
Why? It's not like growing claws from your claws will get you better claws, and the best claws still come from Girallon Arms.

Because isnt the best way to start a Totemist is to have as many natural attacks as possible?

Angeal976
2011-10-12, 08:08 AM
If you are a sorcerer, or if you take the feat Dragontouched then you can take the feats Draconic Claws, which gives you a claw on each hand, damage of 1D6 for medium creatures. It also let's you make a swift action claw attack when you cast a spell that takes a standard action.

Flickerdart
2011-10-12, 10:41 AM
Because isnt the best way to start a Totemist is to have as many natural attacks as possible?
Yes, but having sixty instances of claws on only one pair of hands is still only going to end up with two claws. Having different natural attacks is the point.

GodGoblin
2011-10-12, 11:25 AM
Ah, and I take it that Totemists lack in tail slaps and wing attacks then? :smallfrown:

Dusk Eclipse
2011-10-12, 11:54 AM
The only way to get a wing attack I know of are a graft in DM(I think) which is quite pricey and the Chaos Rock span souldmeld from some Dragon Magazine

Tail slap... I think there is a souldmeld in DM; but I am not sure...

Mockingbird
2011-10-12, 11:57 AM
Warshaper level 1 can grow any natural weapon
Sorcerer (abyssal or draconic bloodline) level 1 gets claws
Dragon Disciple level 1 gets claws and bite
Kobolds get claws
Druids get wildshape, most animals get claws

Coidzor
2011-10-12, 12:18 PM
The only way to get a wing attack I know of are a graft in DM(I think) which is quite pricey and the Chaos Rock span souldmeld from some Dragon Magazine

Tail slap... I think there is a souldmeld in DM; but I am not sure...

The tail attack granting soulmeld is all kinds of wonky wording, so it's debated whether you can use it as an actual natural weapon or not, unfortunately.

dextercorvia
2011-10-12, 01:56 PM

Girallon Arms + Lamia Belt + Thri-kreen. SO MANY CLAWS! More claws than your body has room for.

4 claws + 4-2 claws + 2 claws = like 8 claws.

Take Deepspawn feat for the tentacles. Put gloves off man on them. Put on gloves of talon. 10 claws.

I felt a great disturbance in the Force, as if millions of voices suddenly cried out, "Yo dawg..." and were suddenly silenced. I fear something terrible has happened.

RotD WE Kobolds can benefit from the Dragon Tail feat in RotD, and have two primary claws, a secondary bite and secondary tail attack without any levels in totemist. At that point, I suggest finding a source of bonus damage, rather than adding in extra attacks, especially since their Strength is fairly pathetic.

Treblain
2011-10-12, 07:28 PM
One of the Master of Masks masks can get you two claws. And if you get bored of them, you can switch to the Gladiator's Mask for proficiency in all exotic weapons.