PDA

View Full Version : Heroforge & Cloistered Cleric & Dark template

Pinba77
2011-10-10, 07:25 PM
Hello everyone,

I've been using Heroforge (http://nzcomputers.net/heroforge/default35.asp) for several years now and it used to allow me pretty much all I needed, but... I've hit a problem (or two).

Has anyone been able to include or select or modify the Heroforge character sheet so that he can use the Cloistered Cleric variant class?

I'm also trying to add the "Dark" template (from Tome of Magic) to my base character, but I haven't figured out how to do it.

If anyone has solutions, I'm all ears (Listen check +25).

Thanx!

MesiDoomstalker
2011-10-10, 08:10 PM
Hello everyone,

I've been using Heroforge (http://nzcomputers.net/heroforge/default35.asp) for several years now and it used to allow me pretty much all I needed, but... I've hit a problem (or two).

Has anyone been able to include or select or modify the Heroforge character sheet so that he can use the Cloistered Cleric variant class?

I'm also trying to add the "Dark" template (from Tome of Magic) to my base character, but I haven't figured out how to do it.

If anyone has solutions, I'm all ears (Listen check +25).

Thanx!

Not formally, no. For Cloistered Cleric, I just went to the enhancment tab and put in appropriate changes for BAB, enter your d6 HD as normal (adjusting if you take it for 1st level) and just tacking on the Knowledge Domain everytime.

For the Dark template...well I can't really help ya there.

Calanon
2011-10-10, 08:51 PM
Move silently (+30) come at me bro~

Anyway the Dark Creature template appears to basically be the results of a creature being in contact with the Plane of Shadows for to long so perhaps you can make yourself either born in the Plane of Shadows or a planar traveler who got trapped there for some time before escaping yourself when an Illusionist casted a shade spell >_>

MesiDoomstalker
2011-10-10, 09:23 PM

Anyway the Dark Creature template appears to basically be the results of a creature being in contact with the Plane of Shadows for to long so perhaps you can make yourself either born in the Plane of Shadows or a planar traveler who got trapped there for some time before escaping yourself when an Illusionist casted a shade spell >_>

I think your misunderstanding his question. Heroforge is a excel spreadsheet that lets you build characters and it does a bunch of auto-calculations for you. This includes templates but, for whatever reason, Dark Creature template is not in there (or he hasn't found the show/hide template tab).

Pinba77
2011-10-10, 09:30 PM
Thank you MesiDoomstalker, I'll try doing that. However, I'm not sure I understand what you mean by "tacking on the Knowledge Domain everytime"?

Not formally, no. For Cloistered Cleric, I just went to the enhancment tab and put in appropriate changes for BAB, enter your d6 HD as normal (adjusting if you take it for 1st level) and just tacking on the Knowledge Domain everytime.

For the Dark template...well I can't really help ya there.

Yes, thank you Calanon for your suggestion regarding the possible in-game origin of the Dark template, but my question was about how to implement it in the Heroforge character sheet. :)

MesiDoomstalker
2011-10-10, 09:33 PM
Thank you MesiDoomstalker, I'll try doing that. However, I'm not sure I understand what you mean by "tacking on the Knowledge Domain everytime"?

Yes, thank you Calanon for your suggestion regarding the possible in-game origin of the Dark template, but my question was about how to implement it in the Heroforge character sheet. :)

There is, like, 5 slots for Domains. Cloistered Clerics get the regular 2+Knowledge. Go to the Domain tab, click on any of the domain slots that isn't the first 2, click on Knowledge. Boom. Knowledge domain. Heroforge doesn't care it is "illegal" it just calculates it into your stat block.

Pinba77
2011-10-10, 09:43 PM
Ah! Thank you, now I understand! :)

There is, like, 5 slots for Domains. Cloistered Clerics get the regular 2+Knowledge. Go to the Domain tab, click on any of the domain slots that isn't the first 2, click on Knowledge. Boom. Knowledge domain. Heroforge doesn't care it is "illegal" it just calculates it into your stat block.

You were right on both accounts: I hadn't found the show/hide template tab and the dark creature template doesn't show. There might be a logical explanation for that: if you look at the Options tab, you can select all the books you want to use for the character sheet. Tome of Magic (from which the Dark template comes from) is visible, but there is no check box in front of it. So there's no way to select this book and consequently, IF it's incorporated in the database, it can't be used in the show/hide template tab.
Oh, I forgot to mention it, but I'm using HF version 6.1.0.1.b2.14.

This includes templates but, for whatever reason, Dark Creature template is not in there (or he hasn't found the show/hide template tab).