PDA

View Full Version : Pounce for Cleric?

Adindra
2011-10-10, 08:30 PM
So i have a level 20 cleric to build 4 levels of cleric 5 levels of ordained champion 1 level of church inquisitor and 10 levels of contemplative. The build is based around smashing things with a longsword but the problem ive been having is how to get pounce so i can charge and use shock trooper every round and get the extra attacks.

So i ask how does a LN cleric gain pounce?
and if there is no way to gain it normally how would i go about making an item for it?

MesiDoomstalker
2011-10-10, 08:47 PM
There is a Druid spell in SpC that gives you Pounce for a round. IIRC, its 3rd level so using the item creation rules for a continuously active spell item: CL x Spell Level x 2000= 5 x 3 x 2000= 30,000 gp. Make them boots (pounce is based on movement) and ask a Druid to make them for you (make sure hes 5+ and has craft wonderous item). May cost more to "research" it and you'd have to wait at least a month before it is ready. Alternativly, do it yourself with allied Druid casting the spell for you.

Hirax
2011-10-10, 08:55 PM
Crack open your Spell Compendium and look up Rhino's rush, and note that it's available for clerics via the wrath domain. The domain power isn't that good and the spell list is medicore, though, but it's an option.

Curmudgeon
2011-10-10, 08:59 PM
Asking for pounce (http://www.d20srd.org/srd/specialAbilities.htm#pounce) in an item is munchkinery, and you should expect a scolding from any prudent DM. However, if you just want to be able to move and full attack, there's a decent solution for you: the Travel Devotion feat (Complete Champion, page 62). This lets you move your speed as a swift action, meaning you can still full attack. Travel Devotion can be activated once daily and works for 10 consecutive rounds, and you can get extra activations by burning 2 turn undead attempts. With just a 12 CHA you'll be set for 3 encounters a day.

Person_Man
2011-10-10, 09:01 PM
Ways to get Pounce or Free Movement (http://www.giantitp.com/forums/showthread.php?t=103358)

For a 20th level Cleric/Whatever, I suggest just Shapechange or Polymorph (which you can get with Domain spells). If you're willing to use free movement (which is usually enough to get a full attack every turn, but not trigger certain feats which require a Charge action) then Travel Devotion or a Psicrown of the Evader will work fine, along with a variety of other more limited use items.

Adindra
2011-10-10, 09:16 PM
to be honest i was asking for a player of mine :smallsmile: its the last big battle against a god so im letting them pull out all the stops but thank you very much for all the information!

ThiefInTheNight
2011-10-10, 09:56 PM
Is there a reason that Travel Devotion won't work here? Does Shock Trooper require a charge?

BlackestOfMages
2011-10-10, 11:11 PM
1 level dip to a totemist, if he has a slot spare?

or travel devotion works if he dosen;t need to be too fast

Hirax
2011-10-10, 11:12 PM
Things like battle jump, valorous weapons, leap attack, and shock trooper all require charging, so while travel devotion is definitely a useful feat, it won't necessarily be the right solution for everyone.

hex0
2011-10-10, 11:25 PM

Dip into Warmind for Psionic Lions Charge? Wait, that is a bit more than a dip...

Dusk Eclipse
2011-10-10, 11:35 PM

I think you need at least 3 levels to bind Sphinx claws to your hand chakra and even then IIRC that pounce only works for natural attacks.

Person_Man
2011-10-11, 10:39 AM
I think you need at least 3 levels to bind Sphinx claws to your hand chakra and even then IIRC that pounce only works for natural attacks.

For Sphinx Claws specifically you would need 2 feat (Shape Soulmeld and Open Chakra) OR 5 levels of Totemist (which would give you 5 soulmelds, 1 chakra bind, 3 points of essenta, and open Totem, Crown, Feet, and Hands chakra). And yes, it would only be for natural weapons.

Daftendirekt
2011-10-11, 11:08 AM
Is there a reason that Travel Devotion won't work here? Does Shock Trooper require a charge?

Yes, it does.

faceroll
2011-10-11, 11:26 AM
He could always use Miracle to ask for a manifestation of Psionic Lion's Charge. By RAW, it's instantaneous, so one manifestation is all you need to forever gain pounce.