PDA

View Full Version : Seeing the past through the dead

Ryu_Bonkosi
2011-10-11, 12:07 AM
Is there a spell out there that lets you see images from a dead person's life. And if there isn't what level would you put a spell like that?

Flickerdart
2011-10-11, 12:13 AM
There's always Speak With Dead (Cleric 3), so you can just ask them. Sensitivity to Psychic Impressions (Seer 2) is kind of like what you want.

Calanon
2011-10-11, 01:24 AM
Is there a spell out there that lets you see images from a dead person's life. And if there isn't what level would you put a spell like that?

There is no such spell, but I'm confident your DM wouldn't be to opposed to letting you make your own :smallsmile:

Interview with the dead
Necromancy [Language dependant]
Level: Sor/Wiz 3, Clr 3
Components: V
Casting Time: 1 standard action
Range: 10ft
Target: One Corpse
Duration: 1 round/level

This spell lets the caster the see the life and times of deceased. The caster must ask each question (taking 1 round each) otherwise the deceased will be unable to answer

I've always been terrible with making flavor for spells. if anyone wants to fix it go ahead...

Flickerdart
2011-10-11, 01:34 AM
Extract Plot Hooks
Necromancy [Fiat]
Range: Touch
Duration: Concentration up to 1 round/level

When the caster touches the corpse, he immediately gains knowledge of one plot hook. For every additional round that he concentrates on the spell, the DM must say something to the effect of "Come on, you guys, this is so obvious".

Calanon
2011-10-11, 01:57 AM
Extract Plot Hooks
Necromancy [Fiat]
Range: Touch
Duration: Concentration up to 1 round/level

When the caster touches the corpse, he immediately gains knowledge of one plot hook. For every additional round that he concentrates on the spell, the DM must say something to the effect of "Come on, you guys, this is so obvious".

What source book is that from? :smallbiggrin:

Golden Ladybug
2011-10-11, 04:05 AM
Isn't there a Necromancy spell that lets you eat a Dead Person's brain to get there memories in return for taking 2d6 Wis damage? I'm sure I saw it somewhere...Hmm, maybe not a Necromancy spell. Divination maybe?

What I'm saying is, I've seen a spell that does this. I'll find it and get back to you

hewhosaysfish
2011-10-11, 07:12 AM
I'm sure there's one somewhere that lets you see the last thing the dead person saw before they died.
I'm AFB right now though, so I couldn't say what it's called.

Big Fau
2011-10-11, 07:13 AM
What source book is that from? :smallbiggrin:

TV Tropers' Guide to Playing D&D.

Tyndmyr
2011-10-11, 07:48 AM
There's a feat...I forget where, but it's official. Heroes of Horror, I believe?

Anyway, it lets you see and converse with the dead for 1 min/some stat modifier after their death. This and a fantastic diplomacy modifier is win.

Analytica
2011-10-11, 10:02 AM
Isn't there a Necromancy spell that lets you eat a Dead Person's brain to get there memories in return for taking 2d6 Wis damage? I'm sure I saw it somewhere...Hmm, maybe not a Necromancy spell. Divination maybe?

What I'm saying is, I've seen a spell that does this. I'll find it and get back to you

In either Heroes of Horror or Book of Vile Darkness, yes. Lots of good cannibal options among the Corrupt spells... :smallbiggrin: