PDA

View Full Version : My Little Pony XXVII: Eternal Chaos comes with Chocolate Rain

Pages : 1 2 3 4 [5] 6

Kris Strife
2011-10-16, 09:00 AM
You're going to have trouble coming up with Rainbow Dash's and Applejack's. These two had the most tame breakdown by far and not much insane pics of them.

Although, I did spy a Princess Molestia pic, which was quite disturbing.

I thought it was easy to copy one pony's expression to another pony if you have the right software? Isn't there the whole mane cast doing that shrug thing?

SlyGuyMcFly
2011-10-16, 09:02 AM

Blast you to the seventh depth of the nine horrors I WANT THIS FACE

All yours my good chap! I am nothing if not an accomodating gentlecolt.

And feel free to use my own cropping (http://i633.photobucket.com/albums/uu55/EvenHuman/TerrortacticsPony-1.png) if you'd prefer not having that unsightly black line on the left there...

EsperDerek
2011-10-16, 09:04 AM
I wonder if we can give Midnight some sort of complex... :smallamused:

Also, I didn't know you ate. Or that you could eat. :smallconfused:

I think I'm getting a complex already...Scary Momma Twilights everywhere...

I-I think I'm going to go hide under my bed....

Soras Teva Gee
2011-10-16, 09:07 AM
I thought it was easy to copy one pony's expression to another pony if you have the right software? Isn't there the whole mane cast doing that shrug thing?

That's like 70% palette swapping though

byaku rai
2011-10-16, 09:09 AM
... I slept, and four pages popped into existence. x.x

... Could I have the third one from the bottom, far left? (the closeup)

Gadora
2011-10-16, 09:12 AM

It sounds like you have a problem.

Girls! I found somepony with a problem we can help with!

Grif
2011-10-16, 09:13 AM

Is it a party?

SlyGuyMcFly
2011-10-16, 09:15 AM
... I slept, and four pages popped into existence. x.x

... Could I have the third one from the bottom, far left? (the closeup)

http://i633.photobucket.com/albums/uu55/EvenHuman/TerrorPony3.png

Bam.

Welf
2011-10-16, 09:17 AM
Sweet Celestia, Don't say that!

Isn't it crowded enough in here without another personality making him go craz-

Hi Boys!

Run.
Agreed.

Awkward. We wear the same face today.

otakuryoga
2011-10-16, 09:18 AM

no, no, no

it is a Complex, not a Problem

this calls for Sexy Psychiatrist Twilight not any of the scary twilights
Then again...that just might give Midnight an entirely NEW complex 8)

Soras Teva Gee
2011-10-16, 09:18 AM

Quick what can we do. MusthelpfriendsMusthelpfriendsMusthelpfriendsMusth elpfriends

byaku rai
2011-10-16, 09:20 AM
http://i633.photobucket.com/albums/uu55/EvenHuman/TerrorPony3.png

Bam.

Thanks!

... wonder how this is gonna effect people on the WH thread...

Soras Teva Gee
2011-10-16, 09:29 AM
Thanks!

... wonder how this is gonna effect people on the WH thread...

People in other thread must think we all went crazy

Crazy, wait maybe we're going too far.
No! We just have to find other ponies to help!

Kalinda
2011-10-16, 09:30 AM
Sweet weeping Celestia this thread got horrifying overnight.:smalleek:

I'm going to go with a milder one, just for a little variety in the terror...

Lix Lorn
2011-10-16, 09:31 AM
So much scary, scary Twilight.
Awww, I bet Midnight-

[COLOR="DarkOrchid"]I think I'm getting a complex already...Scary Momma Twilights everywhere...

...that.
(goes and cuddles Midnight)
Don't worry Midnight. I'm still here. It's all going to be okay.

*skulldesk*
(Giggles)

Shadowy
2011-10-16, 09:31 AM
People in other thread must think we all went crazy

Crazy, wait maybe we're going too far.
No! We just have to find other ponies to help!

Oh god it's spreading.

It? You mean me? I'm spreading?

Did you forgot about me boys?

Point aside, keep running!

I just need to help you!

Kalinda
2011-10-16, 09:32 AM
no, no, no

I'll help, but only within the ethical constraints of my psychological training...

EsperDerek
2011-10-16, 09:36 AM

Is it a party?

no, no, no

Quick what can we do. MusthelpfriendsMusthelpfriendsMusthelpfriendsMusth elpfriends

I'll help, but only within the ethical constraints of my psychological training...

I'm safe, I'm safe under my bed, nopony can see me, no scary or sexy Momma Twilights can get at me. It's okay, it's okay...

*whimper*

Awww, I bet Midnight-

...that.
(goes and cuddles Midnight)
Don't worry Midnight. I'm still here. It's all going to be okay.

Waahh, Lixie, everypony is suddenly so scary and I'm getting bad flashbacks of that time when I accidentally doodled in all of Momma Twilight's magic books!

Lix Lorn
2011-10-16, 09:37 AM
I'm safe, I'm safe under my bed, nopony can see me, no scary or sexy Momma Twilights can get at me. It's okay, it's okay...

*whimper*

Waahh, Lixie, everypony is suddenly so scary and I'm getting bad flashbacks of that time when I accidentally doodled in all of Momma Twilight's magic books!
Don't worry... it'll pass. They can't get us under here.

((There is a temptation to switch to a crazy twilight avatar NOW, but that would be MEAN. Also, lazy.))

Callos_DeTerran
2011-10-16, 09:41 AM
Kay, I haven't been into ponies long, and this is my first post in this thread, but this Halloween change is simply too good to ignore. :smallamused: May I get one of Flutter-rage please?

Also, for those interested in carrying capacities and how it relates to D&D strength, aren't quadrupeds (like ponies) gifted with the ability to carry/drag 4 times instead of two times? I mean, if you count Big Mac as a horse and not a pony (he's just awfully big for a pony...), the guy can drag from 2,250 to 3000 pounds with a strength score of 14 or 16.

HalfTangible
2011-10-16, 09:42 AM
Episode 3:

Did anyone else notice they changed Bon-Bon's voice? Drastically?

Granted she's an extra pony and it doesn't really matter so much, but still!

Bon Bon's voice has had at least two incarnations already: one when she spoke to Applebloom and one when she was looking for Fluttershy.

Grif
2011-10-16, 09:43 AM
Oh god it's spreading.

It? You mean me? I'm spreading?

Did you forgot about me boys?

Point aside, keep running!

I just need to help you!

PARTYPARTYPARTYPARTYPARTY!

Dexam
2011-10-16, 09:44 AM
And just what is going on in this thread?

*raises eyebrow, Vetinari-style*

Strife Warzeal
2011-10-16, 09:46 AM

Nothing much, just scaring and possibly mentally-scarring Midnight.

Shouldn't the text colors be the four found in her hair opposed to a full on rainbow?

SlyGuyMcFly
2011-10-16, 09:49 AM
Kay, I haven't been into ponies long, and this is my first post in this thread, but this Halloween change is simply too good to ignore. :smallamused: May I get one of Flutter-rage please?

Bam.

Edit: I'm stupid and made it the wrong size.

Please stand by...

Edit 2:

http://i633.photobucket.com/albums/uu55/EvenHuman/Terrorface4.png

Bam.

EsperDerek
2011-10-16, 09:49 AM

Gammy Cestya! Help meeee! Save me from the scary versions of my Momma!

Brazen Shield
2011-10-16, 09:55 AM
http://img.ponibooru.org/_images/fac8b89edcc75b665e8bfb23186e4835/71599%20-%20Fightershy%20fluttershy%20image_macro%20oh_snap .png

Can somepony make this avatar size for me? PRETTTTTYPLEASE?!At work. Cannot do myself. WANT NOW

Welf
2011-10-16, 09:56 AM
Btw:

Aren't the crazy Twilight avatars technically spoilers? Not that it matters now.

Grif
2011-10-16, 09:56 AM

Also, for those interested in carrying capacities and how it relates to D&D strength, aren't quadrupeds (like ponies) gifted with the ability to carry/drag 4 times instead of two times? I mean, if you count Big Mac as a horse and not a pony (he's just awfully big for a pony...), the guy can drag from 2,250 to 3000 pounds with a strength score of 14 or 16.

Here's two I found on Google-Fu. Resized to 120x120.

http://www.dumpyourphoto.com/files3/77310/ZxKPe7.jpg

http://www.dumpyourphoto.com/files3/77311/U5dlFGIB1sq.png

Brazen Shield
2011-10-16, 09:59 AM
Btw:

Aren't the crazy Twilight avatars technically spoilers? Not that it matters now.
Serious question:
Has anyone not seen the episode yet?
There are so many of us it's hard to tell when we can stop "spoilering" things.

Soras Teva Gee
2011-10-16, 10:01 AM

FOUND YOU!!!!

Btw:

toooo late

SlyGuyMcFly
2011-10-16, 10:02 AM
http://img.ponibooru.org/_images/fac8b89edcc75b665e8bfb23186e4835/71599%20-%20Fightershy%20fluttershy%20image_macro%20oh_snap .png

Can somepony make this avatar size for me? PRETTTTTYPLEASE?!At work. Cannot do myself. WANT NOW

http://i633.photobucket.com/albums/uu55/EvenHuman/Terrorface5.png

Bam.

It's a bit pixelated, I'm afraid. My Paint-fu is weak.

Dexam
2011-10-16, 10:02 AM
Nothing much, just scaring and possibly mentally-scarring Midnight.
*Raises eyebrow even higher*

Shouldn't the text colors be the four found in her hair opposed to a full on rainbow?
(Probably. I'm still getting the hang of this code generator.)

They won't hurt you, child. They're just having a little fun for Nightmare Night.

Kalinda
2011-10-16, 10:03 AM
http://i15.photobucket.com/albums/a374/Kalindshepard/71599-Fightershyfluttershyimage_macrooh_snap.png

edit:Crap, ninjad

Grif
2011-10-16, 10:05 AM
*Raises eyebrow even higher*

(Probably. I'm still getting the hang of this code generator.)

They won't hurt you, child. They're just having a little fun for Nightmare Night.

Isn't it fun? As the sole Pinkamena Diane Pie representative, I declare this to be a partypartyparty! Where we all help Twilight to help somepony else!

byaku rai
2011-10-16, 10:06 AM
Um... I haven't seen the whole episode yet... gonna go do that now...

Tectonic Robot
2011-10-16, 10:12 AM
Beeskee turns her attention to the newcomer, smiling at the compliment. "Apparently so. Hello there." Something about the colt makes her a little nervous, but she blushes at the continued flattery. "Thank you. What sort of job? Um, and I may not be able to sing, er, like this, for very much longer. I'm not sure of the details."

Oh, it's a wonderful job! You sing for... orphans. Orphans, yeah. Sad, little disillusioned orphans with no one to care for them. And it pays well! Very well. You could be rich after the first show!

*Midnight grins happily. "I always appreciate good singing. I personally cannot sing a lick. My voice is really terrible, both in my normal form, and as a male like this. I know, I tried."

He claps his hoofs together.

"That was very brave that you sang for us as wel-"

*Midnight tilts his head, looking at the new figure in the room. His ears twitch slightly, looking at the diamond dog curiously.

"That's...that's quite the outfit..."

(This one's actually a pony.)

Oh, you know, need to keep stylish and such. Why don't you go inquire about where you can get your own, and me and this dame here will discuss business, eh?

Soras Teva Gee
2011-10-16, 10:12 AM
Check it out guys, a big 'ol vector smile:

http://img.ponibooru.org/_images/5b686532e053dbf7f842949fd759d4ec/71876%20-%20absurd_res%20crazy%20smile%20twilight_sparkle%2 0vector.png

More I look at this smile the more I think "Why so Serious?"

Totally somepony with video editing should make that.

Dexam
2011-10-16, 10:14 AM

Ooohhh, looks like somepony is... TARDY!

Clock is ticking. Clock. Is. Ticking!

EsperDerek
2011-10-16, 10:18 AM
Btw:

I think it's safe to say that we've completely blown up spoilieriness with this, yeah. Oh well.

FOUND YOU!!!!

"AHHHH!" *dives back under the bed and goes back to hiding with Lixie.

*Midnight peeks out.

"T-This is the worse Nightmare Night ever!"

Brazen Shield
2011-10-16, 10:19 AM
http://i633.photobucket.com/albums/uu55/EvenHuman/Terrorface5.png

Bam.

It's a bit pixelated, I'm afraid. My Paint-fu is weak.

http://i15.photobucket.com/albums/a374/Kalindshepard/71599-Fightershyfluttershyimage_macrooh_snap.png

edit:Crap, ninjad

You are both AWESOME!

Yay!! Have fun!!

Aotrs Commander
2011-10-16, 10:20 AM

Yes, but ponies are small as well, so it means it evens out to the same as humans - I checked that first.

*whimper*

Heehee. Revenge against Midnight, and, best of all, I didn't have have do anything!

*munch munch*

This is better than pro-wresting!

I have been watching faaar too much Earthworm Jim.

You don't even like wresting!

I know!

Still, that just make it an even more true statement...

Also, I didn't know you ate. Or that you could eat. :smallconfused:

How many times do I have to... arg!

YES, before anyone makes any comments, spirit-bound Liches can ingest things (e.g. potions, chocolate (no way I was givin' that up, even in death), spleens), as the ingested matter does not physically fall through our bones is but is instead amalgamated into our systems and excess energy re-radiated on the ethereal plane. In the same way I can sigh, whistle a merry tune, and y'know speak, despite not having any lungs. Spirit-bound Undead can pretty much do anything a living being can do, with none of the disadvantages.

Shorn of the D&D terms used to humorously render my abilities in a fashion most accessable to the D&D-familiar denizens of the Playground, Spirit-Bound Liches have a plethora of abilities, due to our "haunting" of our bodies, including:

Extremely high resistance (more-or-less immunity in practise) to almost all forms mind-attack and control. Almost all of these effects work on the brain and as well as the mind, and we don't have any actual physical brain structure to work on, or even an analogue to one, like technological creatures do. As an analogy, a real-world equivilent of Dominate Monster would still work on a Cybertank, as it has a brain, just not an organic one.).

Regeneration at a fairly considerable rate, due to our souls essentially being infused with our whole body; blow us apart us with something that does not do permenant damage and, somewhat like the T-1000, the parts will slide back together and reassemble over time. And a bit like Wolverine's super-ramped up healing factor, if you don't totally destroy the all the bits of the body with damage inflicted by the types of energy1 that cause permenant damage, we will eventually recover (though the process is not quick!) This also grants us resistance to effects that alter out physical forms for the same reason. "Permenant" damage is like damage to a human; it will heal, but at more a conventional rates akin to a living being's natural healing rate. (I have tended to call this "rejuvenation" here, as Undead cannot technically have Regeneration in D&D without being stupidly overpowered2, and I used the same word when stating proper Liches up for my own games.)

An aura of supernatural fear and awe, as do most super-power creatures (angels, demons, dragons, demi-gods etc).

The ability to drain the life-force and health of a living creature, on touch, and to a lesser degree, merely by standing in proximity; as a by-product, both of these effects also produce a great deal of elemental cold energy, increasing the harm further. The life-drain is pretty much permenant and irreversible, aside from rare magic (or even rarer very high tech) or over a long period. (In D&D, this equates closest to Con Drain - which, aside from magic healing only "heals" if you put your stat points into in at level up; similarly in Rolemaster, the effects equates easiest to reducing the temporary Constitution stat, which again can only be healed by (the much rarer stat-healing) magic or by level-up (though in RM - naturally - there are several alternate ways of handling it, one akin to D&D's negative levels). The cold portion is easiest to equate to cold damage in D&D and Cold criticals in Rolemaster.)

Absorbtion of both negative energy and elemental shadow energy (the latter is not like the D&D illusion definion of the term, but is best thought of of being like a darkness-version of lasers), similarly, we are (in practise) immune to cold-based attacks.

Considerable innate resistance to magic, psionics and similar supernatural energies.

Slightly enhanced senses, especially with regard to vision and hearing (we can see much further into the EM spectrum and hear higher and lower frequency sounds than humans). We can also see the emanations of life-energy coming from living creatures; this ability is best thought of as us seeing life-energy as a "colour" rather than an illumination.

The ability to do pretty much any action we could do in life (except excrete and perform sexual activity), including eat, speak, sigh, and occasionally spontaneously spew up random things if surprised.

The proficiency, intensity and degree to which any Lich or Skeleton Warrior3 manifests these abilities varies from individual to individual, though it tends to increase, as do all things, with time, power and experience.

So now you know. And knowing is part of the conflict or somesuch...

1I'll leave you to guess at what sorts those are, because I'm not stupid enough to tell you! Not, that, sadly, they are especially rare in a high-tech universe anyway.

2Because the only thing that would ever inflict damage would be the thing that casues real damage; anything else causes nonlethal - which Undead are immune to. That's why, say, Vampires have fast healing, not regeneration!

3Nomenclature used to specifically describe a Spirit-Bound skeletal Undead with no spellcasting ability; basically a Lich like me but with no spellcasting ability. (As Aotrs basic training requires learning basic necromancy spells (e.g. creating animated undead) the Aotrs is quite literally composed of Liches.) As Spirit-Binding, unlike phylactery-binding, is not something you genenally can do to yourself (it's difficult to cast spells when you're dead; i.e. your soul is seperated from your body), this is possible, unlike in D&D when only spellcasters can become "liches".

Not really, since when a Lich does a spit-take, it either creates or pulls a random liquid from somewhere in the universe. Most of the time, it's usually related to what has been drunk (which has, of course, been absorbed and re-radiated as energy on the ethreal plane), but you never know. I've personally expelled fruit-juice, custard, and on one unusual occasion, grade-3 brake fluid...

A whirrey thing? I don't really listen. If I want to cook something (and, as I will have to inevitably explain AGAIN, I am perfectly capable of eating stuff (where it is broken down and reradiated as energy of the ethreal plane blah blah blah)), I use the microwave. I apparently do not "cook" by what most people consider cooking....

*skulldesk*

*skulldesk*

*skulldesk*

Soras Teva Gee
2011-10-16, 10:24 AM
Ooohhh, looks like somepony is... TARDY!

Clock is ticking. Clock. Is. Ticking!

Tardy!
Tardy!
TARDY!

TTTAAAAAAARRRRDYYYYYY!!!!!

Kalinda
2011-10-16, 10:34 AM
Tardy!
Tardy!
TARDY!

Tardy!
Tardy!
TARDY!

byaku rai
2011-10-16, 10:35 AM
Just finished it.
Thoughts:
SCARY TWI IS SCARY.
I know what OCD is like, so I sympathize with Twi on that, but dear god that's too far. Take your meds, girl.
I did see a bit of OOC, but it can pretty easily be handwaved by "everypony has bad days." The most glaring thing was RD's sudden uberstrength. Maybe AJ gave her a +1 apple or something?

Lol bigpants <3 Big Macintosh is a great character.

Soras Teva Gee
2011-10-16, 10:41 AM
Two pic that have been mind=blown:

Well More Anyways!!!!
Muahahahaha!

WHEN YOU SEE IT:
http://img.ponibooru.org/_images/f1fa778e25ae3b5412e92dfadf8d7d51/71824%20-%20lesson_zero%20nest%20twilight_sparkle%20winter_ wrap_up.png

FRIDGE BRILLANCE:
http://img.ponibooru.org/_images/ac6cd938d06df9494ef162711bdd329a/71802%20-%20applejack%20fluttershy%20pinkie_pie%20rainbow_d ash%20rarity%20twilight_sparkle.jpg

byaku rai
2011-10-16, 10:44 AM
WHEN YOU SEE IT:
http://img.ponibooru.org/_images/f1fa778e25ae3b5412e92dfadf8d7d51/71824%20-%20lesson_zero%20nest%20twilight_sparkle%20winter_ wrap_up.png

Yeah, I spotted that too. XD Prolly just the animators re-using sprites.

Dexam
2011-10-16, 10:52 AM
Have a couple of S2 Ep3 spoiler-y fan-arts before I send myself to the moon got to bed.

http://fc02.deviantart.net/fs71/f/2011/289/0/2/picnicking_in_style_by_kp_shadowsquirrel-d4czxo3.jpg

http://fc01.deviantart.net/fs71/f/2011/289/e/e/a_gift_horse_by_kp_shadowsquirrel-d4czpvz.jpg

http://fc09.deviantart.net/fs71/i/2011/289/9/e/fluttershy_is_badass_by_doggie999-d4d07e7.jpg

Kris Strife
2011-10-16, 10:55 AM
*Midnight peeks out.

What about the one where Blueblood started budding off clones?

...Oh, NIGHTMARE NIGHT. Sorry, thought you were talking about the bad dreams.

How many times do I have to... arg!

*skulldesk*

*skulldesk*

*skulldesk*

I'm sorry I forgot a seldom used detail for a setting I don't do anything with? Or even know if I can find out details from anyone not you, or that I'd be interested in learning more about?

Not trying to be rude, but honestly, I'd likely forget a detail like that in a series/setting I enjoy and watch regularly, unless I'd just seen it within maybe three to five days. I don't get upset when somepony forgets how old my character is, when age is actually a significant factor. I'm not sure if this is genuinely upsetting to you, or if you're just over reacting to be in character. If it actually is bothering you, I'm sorry, but I really don't know what I can do about me simply forgetting things. :/

Grif
2011-10-16, 10:55 AM
Tardy!
Tardy!
TARDY!

Tardy!
Tardy!
TARDY!

Only Twilight can make such an innocent sounding word... sinister...

:smalleek:

Just like how Pinkie managed to PARTYPARTYPARTY! Hurry up Twilight! You don't want to be... tardy!

Kurgan
2011-10-16, 10:59 AM
Wow, ponythread got a bit crazy here overnight. Not sure if I'm gonna join in, but wow, impressive how fast you guys changed faces.

Welcome!

http://ponibooru.413chan.net/_images/0da1a106ff7923e0fb2630d06310c636/12549%20-%20macro%20scootaloo.jpg
http://ponibooru.413chan.net/_images/06c7d0d2105a1314ea928cadd5a55a09/7961%20-%20animated%20jumping%20scootaloo.gif
http://img.ponibooru.org/images/ec/ec96250ba0d21e071d00aa0d9d864fdc
http://28.media.tumblr.com/tumblr_lqf1wk7Cg71r25d4bo1_250.gif

Heehee. Revenge against Midnight, and, best of all, I didn't have have do anything!

*munch munch*

This is better than pro-wresting!

I have been watching faaar too much Earthworm Jim.

You don't even like wresting!

I know!

Still, that just make it an even more true statement...

Hey guys, I just had this great idea! After the horror Twilight craze fades, lets all put on a Lixie face! Everywhere he looks, it will be Lix posting. :smallbiggrin:

Vent Reynolt
2011-10-16, 11:01 AM
Hey look everypony: New avatar for Nightmare Night!

FFRP: Blue Ponies Yay!

(IIRC I've seen an Autumn Leaves, but not an Autumn Breeze. I wouldn't worry about duplicate pony names anyway unless they're being used in ponythread or the character turns out to be especially well known.)

Topaz has to stop giggling like a schoolfilly before she can answer. Pleased to meet you, Autumn Breeze. Raindrop and I got to talking at the Blue Pony Meetup and eventually realized we were the only two left, so we decided to get dinner. I'm afraid I bent his ear asking so many questions about being a unicorn weather pony it drove the rest of the ponies off. You don't find a lot of unicorns that are interested in flying, all in all.

Yeah, tell me about it. A weather unicorn? How strange is that?

So, What makes you so interested in flying unicorns anyway? Just how in Equestria did somepony this quiet catch your attention at all?
Autumn, that's not re-
Oh, right, sorry. I don't want to mess up your date.
It's Not A Date!
Oh, good, then you won't mind if I stay around for a while.

And now for something completely different...

(Warning - may contain trace amounts of The Great and Seductive Trixie.)

http://d.facdn.net/art/sip/1318645969.sip_relaxing_trixie_escala40.jpg

That is a fantastic Trixie!

Don't nobody move! I have a shotgun and I ain't afraid to use it!
Lyra, you do realise you just drawn attention to yourself and most likely become the target of a dozen marshmellows as we speak.
Curses, always the fatal flaw in my plan!

Lyra! You're wide open! Raindrop fires off a few shots at Lyra before checking for other targets...

Marshmallow Fight!
Topaz doesn't try to go for any of the actual guns; she conjures a disk about the size of a ping pong paddle and runs through the free fire zone attempting to swat back as many of the marshmallows fired at her as she can. Her return rate is not especially high. :smallbiggrin:

I've got you now... Raindrop fires one more shot and reaches for another marshmallow. What the...? How did I use up more than half the bag already?!

Quoted for it prompts me to fan art.

Oh, wow. Really? :smallredface:

I just had a bit of Fridge Horror about one of Twilight's lines in ep3:
"The 'Want It, Need It' spell... works every time!"
..."Works every time"? She has used this before?! :smalleek:
Twilight needs to take another course in Magical Ethics.

Well, of course. How else would Twilight know how to cast the spell if she hadn't practiced it at least 100 times before.

Soras Teva Gee
2011-10-16, 11:07 AM
Wow, ponythread got a bit crazy here overnight. Not sure if I'm gonna join in, but wow, impressive how fast you guys changed faces.

Join us! All Will Be Assimilated Into The Crazy Herd!

MCerberus
2011-10-16, 11:08 AM
Pfffft and you thought I was crazy.

edit- something I felt necessary for the fine folks at ponibooru
http://img.ponibooru.org/_images/142a599afd10af2df2fa6e3dc86d0cb0/71976%20-%20Fightershy%20fluttershy%20murder%20murdershy%20 scootaloo%20you%27re_next.jpg

Nameless
2011-10-16, 11:26 AM
*looks at thread*
What... Happened? This was supposed to be a happy place.
Happy place...
HAPPY.

Lix Lorn
2011-10-16, 11:26 AM
"AHHHH!" *dives back under the bed and goes back to hiding with Lixie.

*Midnight peeks out.

(cuddlecling, slightly scared herself)
Everything's going to be okay.

Hey guys, I just had this great idea! After the horror Twilight craze fades, lets all put on a Lixie face! Everywhere he looks, it will be Lix posting. :smallbiggrin:
Oh, I've done that before! With different avatars too. Good times.

Shadowy
2011-10-16, 11:27 AM
*looks at thread*
Happy place...
HAPPY.

How can you consider this not happy?

Ahha! You have a problem! Just let Twilight help you through it....

Grif
2011-10-16, 11:28 AM
*looks at thread*
Happy place...
HAPPY.

It is a happy place! Just look at all the Twilight smiles. http://i.imgur.com/2lTPE.png

Forum Explorer
2011-10-16, 11:28 AM
*looks at thread*
Happy place...
HAPPY.

Well I'm happy :smallbiggrin:

Vent Reynolt
2011-10-16, 11:31 AM

Hi Everypony! (http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=UKkA7JJS6bM) Did somepony mention that they have a problem? I'm always happy to help a friend. You know what they say, "A friend in need is a friend indeed!"

Nameless
2011-10-16, 11:31 AM

Oh no, I'm quite alright. And very happy.
http://i.imgur.com/ROEne.png
See?

Kalinda
2011-10-16, 11:36 AM
See?

Are you sure you're happy? You can tell me your true feelings...

MCerberus
2011-10-16, 11:37 AM
See?

*licks*

So happy.

byaku rai
2011-10-16, 11:37 AM
See?

Well, if you don't have a problem...

Maybe we need to MAKE a problem!

Gadora
2011-10-16, 11:44 AM
Take a good look at just who you're cuddling...1

Oh, I've done that before! With different avatars too. Good times.
Count me in if you want to do it again. Heh, it'd be kind of funny if that wound up happening during my turn in the Playground interviews.

1EDIT for those who come in later. At the time Esper had one of the terrorpony avatars.

Dirtbag
2011-10-16, 11:57 AM
I got bored so I did all the Nutty Twilight Avatars.

I wont even try linking to each individual one so just go to my Photo bucket (http://s1197.photobucket.com/albums/aa421/Ballziggler/) page and go through them.

Geno9999
2011-10-16, 11:59 AM

NO! I don't want to fall in love with a doll! I'm already a doll!

Vent Reynolt
2011-10-16, 12:02 PM
I got bored so I did all the Nutty Twilight Avatars.

I wont even try linking to each individual one so just go to my Photo bucket (http://s1197.photobucket.com/albums/aa421/Ballziggler/) page and go through them.

http://i1197.photobucket.com/albums/aa421/Ballziggler/50.jpg

This one looks kinda like Molestia. Like teacher, like pupil, I suppose.

EsperDerek
2011-10-16, 12:02 PM

*Midnight's eye twitches slightly.

"It's okay, Lixie! I know why this is happening! It's because I've been a bad filly!"

*Twitch*

"With all the taunting the liches and the genderbending and the general naughtiness and shipping! I've been a bad, bad filly, and this is why this is happening!"

*Twitch Twitch*

"But I can be good! See, look, Mommas! Lixie! Everypony, I can be a good filly! I promise!"

*Her horn glows brilliantly, and she ends up in a very conservative looking outfit. Her generally pretty wild hair is forced into a tight bun, and a pair of glasses perch over her eyes.

"N-No more naughtiness for me! I promise, I'll be good!"

Vent Reynolt
2011-10-16, 12:05 PM

"It's okay, Lixie! I know why this is happening! It's because I've been a bad filly!"

*Twitch*

"With all the taunting the liches and the genderbending and the general naughtiness and shipping! I've been a bad, bad filly, and this is why this is happening!"

*Twitch Twitch*

"But I can be good! See, look, Mommas! Lixie! Everypony, I can be a good filly! I promise!"

*Her horn glows brilliantly, and she ends up in a very conservative looking outfit. Her generally pretty wild hair is forced into a tight bun, and a pair of glasses perch over her eyes.

INKWEEEEEEEEELLLLLLL! Librarian. Midnight. NOW! Um... that is, if you want to. I don't want you to feel obligated to do this.

Soras Teva Gee
2011-10-16, 12:06 PM

You're Going To Like Smartypants!

And you're going to like her more then ANYTHING!

*Hearts Geno*

byaku rai
2011-10-16, 12:08 PM
Heh heh heh...

Works every time!

Somepony needs to turn the crazy Twi faces into ponemotes. That would be SO. AWESOME. http://i.imgur.com/Dy4NS.png

Neoseanster
2011-10-16, 12:10 PM
"THAT'S IT!" Twilight, standing by.

UrsielHauke
2011-10-16, 12:10 PM
Ep3 (Are people seriously still spoilering?):
I think this is one of those episodes that you either love or hate. Personally, I thought it was absolutely fantastic, and really meme-heavy, of course. I think that's honestly really important so the writing gods of FiM can get it all out of their system. I can honestly see why some people wouldn't like it. It was rather fanfiction-esque and, again, meme density: Critical.

But... Dash was wearing sunglasses.

It made me so happy.

Dirtbag
2011-10-16, 12:14 PM
Somepony needs to turn the crazy Twi faces into ponemotes. That would be SO. AWESOME. http://i.imgur.com/Dy4NS.png

How big are the emotes?

Although that may take awhile so I don't know if I can do it with my busy schedule.

Just curious, cause I might try if I can.

MCerberus
2011-10-16, 12:20 PM

*Twitch*

*Twitch Twitch*

*flies past the naughty librarian making funny noises*

AlterForm
2011-10-16, 12:22 PM
Ep3 (Are people seriously still spoilering?):
-snip-

The episode came out yesterday. I know it's easy to lose track of time with how insanely fast this thread moves, but come on, yesterday. :smalltongue:

I think our usual rule of thumb was at least until the Tuesday after, more likely until Thursday? Something like that?

Kris Strife
2011-10-16, 12:26 PM

*Twitch*

*Twitch Twitch*

I put 20 bits on her lasting less than a week.

EsperDerek
2011-10-16, 12:27 PM
INKWEEEEEEEEELLLLLLL! Librarian. Midnight. NOW! Um... that is, if you want to. I don't want you to feel obligated to do this.

*flies past the naughty librarian making funny noises*

"I am not a naughty librarian! This is a perfectly conservative outfit because I'm being a good filly!"

*twitch*

MCerberus
2011-10-16, 12:29 PM
I put 20 bits on her lasting less than a week.

So you're saying that it won't be long before the librarian continues
*puts on sunglasses*
checking out again

YAAAAAAAAAAAAAH

Gadora
2011-10-16, 12:30 PM
The episode came out yesterday. I know it's easy to lose track of time with how insanely fast this thread moves, but come on, yesterday. :smalltongue:

I think our usual rule of thumb was at least until the Tuesday after, more likely until Thursday? Something like that?

Crud. Our terrorpony avatars are spoilers, no? *sigh*

'twas fun while it lasted, anyway.

Zevox
2011-10-16, 12:36 PM
Random couple of images I liked, to distract from crazy Twilight nutiness:
http://img.ponibooru.org/_images/25969a551d41169aff0ed526d3abadb3/72248%20-%20artist%3Asolar-slash%20rainbow_dash%20spike.jpg
http://img.ponibooru.org/_images/a948f6d872728bd63171ccb9197bda27/71700%20-%20applejack%20artist%3Ayudhaikeledai%20comic%20de rpy_hooves%20fluttershy%20mane_six%20pinkie_pie%20 rainbow_dash%20rarity%20spike%20twilight_sparkle.j pg
Zevox

Tectonic Robot
2011-10-16, 12:39 PM
Didn't you say ponies weren't crazy, silver?
To be honest boss, this was completely unexpected. Besides, I'm certain we can wait it out...
All right, let's just lie low for a while. You made any money yet?
Er, no, but I'm working on that boss...

*Twitch*

*Twitch Twitch*

"I am not a naughty librarian! This is a perfectly conservative outfit because I'm being a good filly!"

*twitch*

Welp. I feel bad for Midnight.

Vent Reynolt
2011-10-16, 12:48 PM

*twitch*

There's just one problem with your cunning plan. Once you put clothing on a cute pony, it is implied that the clothing can then be taken off. This makes a clothed pony about 63.7% sexier (roughly speaking) by comparison.

*Blushes because of Midnight's new look*

Um... yeah... I'll just go now.

Geno9999
2011-10-16, 12:56 PM
You're Going To Like Smartypants!

And you're going to like her more then ANYTHING!

*Hearts Geno*

"Must... Resist... Spell..."
*rolls a 1 on Will save*
"Forget this! This body was lame away!"
Suddenly, the doll known as "Geno" shirks down to about 3-4" tall, and falls limply to the floor. Above it is a tiny, twinkling star.
And now it's time for a new me! Time to TRANS-FOOOOOOORM!
The tiny star flies right into Mr. Smartypants, and in a flash of light... uh oh.
The small childhood plush toy has now grown to the size of a regular pony.
"Booyah! I'm Geno no more! I'm Mr. Smartypants!" It appears that his voice has also changed from a deep and wooden voice to high pitched squeaky voice, as if he's speaking through the toy's squeaker.
"And now to do my homework!"

Soras Teva Gee
2011-10-16, 12:56 PM

Twelve o'clock Saturday!

(Seriously, only way to avoid this madness is to y'know actually avoid it. I watched the episode yesterday afternoon, I simply went nowhere near ponythread, ponibooru, or EqD until I had time)

Kindablue
2011-10-16, 12:57 PM
http://farm7.static.flickr.com/6097/6250216943_e6b79bebf1.jpg

http://farm7.static.flickr.com/6118/6250745306_ffd0064480_m.jpg

http://farm7.static.flickr.com/6171/6250213293_7c1e0a949a_m.jpg

http://iambrony.jsmart.web.id/gif/files/rainbowworry.gif

Rappy
2011-10-16, 01:06 PM
I think it's quite clear that they laughed, they laughed, we heard them laugh...

...and now we've gone completely mad! As an entire thread, no less.

Ohohohoho yes.

Soras Teva Gee
2011-10-16, 01:08 PM
"Booyah! I'm Geno no more! I'm Mr. Smartypants!" It appears that his voice has also changed from a deep and wooden voice to high pitched squeaky voice, as if he's speaking through the toy's squeaker.
"And now to do my homework!"

Here use this:

http://img59.imageshack.us/img59/1225/smartypantsava.jpg

Vent Reynolt
2011-10-16, 01:14 PM
Everypony! I just realized that one episode of crazy!Twilight has spread more chaos and ponysanity around here than the two episodes with the literal incarnation of pony chaos, Discord!

That somehow sounded more impressive when I first thought of it.

Trixie
2011-10-16, 01:14 PM
She did reflect off the rainboom shockwave/plane when she did her first rainboom? (http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=AGg3u03JPfk)

Eh, it just looks like extra-sharp turn? Besides, filly RD is very light, meaning much less inertia.

Not sure it it can be compared with ramming into the ground, but ok.

PROPOSAL: TERROR TACTICS

Find me Trixie picture and then we'll talk http://www.giantitp.com/forums/showthread.php?t=218423&page=34

"Superior firepower" and "advanced technology" isn't always. While watching Avatar, I saw what was coming miles away. I couldn't help thinking "You folks are SO screwed." and not just from experience playing Alpha Centauri and knowing just how much a living planet can kick flank. Fortunately that movie handled it well, and it didn't feel like an Ewok victory, at least not too much.

Eh, it was just as bad, IMHO :smallannoyed:

No, worse, since we roughly know what modern stuff ought to do, and having 100 year more advanced version perform worse than early guns from 500 years back so Cameron can have an Aesop was jarring. With Star Wars, you can handvawe stuff due to too many unknowns, with 30 mm autocannon, not so much. Sorry.

Deadly
2011-10-16, 01:16 PM

http://i1197.photobucket.com/albums/aa421/Ballziggler/49.jpg

Vent Reynolt
2011-10-16, 01:18 PM

http://i1197.photobucket.com/albums/aa421/Ballziggler/49.jpg

You know what...?

*Pouncehugs anyway*

Kindablue
2011-10-16, 01:30 PM
You know what...?

*Pouncehugs anyway*

I need an adult.

Deadly
2011-10-16, 01:32 PM
You know what...?

*Pouncehugs anyway*

http://i1197.photobucket.com/albums/aa421/Ballziggler/18.jpg

Come 'ere! Hugs for Everypony!

EsperDerek
2011-10-16, 01:37 PM
There's just one problem with your cunning plan. Once you put clothing on a cute pony, it is implied that the clothing can then be taken off. This makes a clothed pony about 63.7% sexier (roughly speaking) by comparison.

*Blushes because of Midnight's new look*

Um... yeah... I'll just go now.

*Midnight grins softly, and shifts slightly, her horn glowing, undoing one of the buttons on her shirt.

"Oh, you like it, do you? Well, you don't have to leav-" She goes wide-eyed, and clasps her hooves over her mouth.

"Good filly, I'm a good filly..."

Kindablue
2011-10-16, 01:39 PM
S2E3
Just occurred to me - did Big Mac take the dolly because he likes dollies - or because it belonged to Twilight... With the licking from his Discored self, one wonder if he might not be nursing a secret crush...

I've been hanging around you guys too long, haven't I?

We shall call it Maclight (http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Maglite).

otakuryoga
2011-10-16, 01:41 PM

i think that was mostly due to expectations that the episodes wouldnt make it on to youtube til like Monday like in season 1

there was a high quality rip up(albeit with commercials intact) by 10:15AM
and i think the high quality commercial-less one was up by 1PM

I would still be more than ok spoiling til say Tuesday..but with the show hittin yuotube this fast thursday just seems excessive

Grif
2011-10-16, 01:41 PM
I need an adult.

Somepony called?

Kris Strife
2011-10-16, 01:42 PM
*Midnight grins softly, and shifts slightly, her horn glowing, undoing one of the buttons on her shirt.

"Oh, you like it, do you? Well, you don't have to leav-" She goes wide-eyed, and clasps her hooves over her mouth.

"I'd like to change my bet from a week to less than five days."

otakuryoga
2011-10-16, 01:44 PM

now how is she gonna claim to be a good filly when she continues her date with Rarity......

Forum Explorer
2011-10-16, 01:48 PM

I'd like to bet All of my Monies on before nightfall please.

Vorpalbob
2011-10-16, 01:55 PM
I just realized something about Twilight's ethically suspicious spell...

Those who are effected will Want Mr. Smartypants.

They may even Need Mr. Smartypants.

But there ain't no way they're ever gonna love him. (http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=quOGuEvTX8c)

http://t3.gstatic.com/images?q=tbn:ANd9GcQngKBF8Yrp2P0mWeEf0uoBCEznQzqYc paZmRh_RBPYjh11t01NSiQoWg

Pokonic
2011-10-16, 01:56 PM
We shall call it Maclight.

I always thought it was Sparkmac.:smallconfused:

Veg Sorbet
2011-10-16, 02:00 PM
Frogstart: *Wanders in, glares briefly towards Seft*
"Once again, I'm left to take care of..."
*notices multiple crazy Twilights, eyes widen*

"Oo-kaay..." *nervously eyes the exit, glances at Seft*
"you're on your own for a few days. if you want me, I'll be in Cloudsdale. Don't ask me how, I just will!"
*flees*

S2E3:I'll admit, I found parts of Twilight's breakdown somewhat cringeworthy, but it was still an amusing episode, even if I did watch a good thirteen minutes of it muted.

Vent Reynolt
2011-10-16, 02:05 PM

o////////o

Well, I guess I can stay a little bit...

You don't have to be a good filly, aft-

... er...

THAT'S NOT WHAT I MEANT TO SAY, AT ALL!

Grif
2011-10-16, 02:07 PM
o////////o

... er...

Somepony is naughty (http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=7NM0rYa81P8)!

Tectonic Robot
2011-10-16, 02:19 PM
Somepony is naughty (http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=7NM0rYa81P8)!

Freaky Fred is truly the freakiest character out of Courage.

I DEMAND ARTS OF HIM AND TWILIGHT. DEMAND IT!

EsperDerek
2011-10-16, 02:23 PM
now how is she gonna claim to be a good filly when she continues her date with Rarity......

Quite simple, because the Rarity date has slipped into Story Midnight mode. :smallwink:

I'd like to bet All of my Monies on before nightfall please.

o////////o

... er...

"Oh my gosh! I'm still naughty and seductive, even when I'm trying not to! Poor Vent, I'm so sorry!"

*She twitches, and giggles a little madly. Actually, a little like Twilight did.

"I know! I'll have to take drastic measures! I'll have to become an undead or something!"

Forum Explorer
2011-10-16, 02:24 PM

I DEMAND ARTS OF HIM AND TWILIGHT MIDNIGHT. DEMAND IT!

Fixed it for you :smalltongue:

Deadly
2011-10-16, 02:47 PM
A Topic of Discussion!

So something's begun to really bug me. I'm kinda going all Twilight over it now :smalltongue:

It's about the use of the various terms for horses/ponies, primarily "filly" and "colt". I don't want to be a grammarsemantics nazi, but the way I see these used sometimes makes me want to... love and tolerate some sense into my fellow bronies... >.>

Just want to get some other views on this, you know, since maybe I'm wrong or just overly pedantic or something.

Here's my take on the issue:

A filly or colt is a young horse or pony, a "child" basically in human terms. A Filly is female, colts are male. The CMCs are fillies, like Twilight herself said in Call of the Cutie: "I for one think you are three very lucky fillies".

A foal is pretty much new-born, so a "baby" in human terms. I do not think there are distinctions on gender here, "foal" is gender-neutral. I also don't think we've ever seen a foal in the show, so sadly no comparisons available.

A mare or stallion is an adult horse or pony. Mares are female, stallions are male. The mane six are mares, Big Macintosh is a stallion.

The problem I usually see is when somepony refers to an adult pony as a filly or colt, or somepony like the CMCs as foals.

Calling the CMCs foals would be really demeaning, something Diamond Tiara or Silver Spoon would do.

Now, calling an adult pony "filly" or "colt" could be intentional and done with full understanding of the meaning, for example as a (mild maybe friendly) insult, much like calling a grown woman "girl" may not be entirely polite or downright insulting depending on context and tone. But as a general form of address it's wrong.

It bugged me when the mayor said "Fillies and Gentlecolts" to an audience clearly made up almost entirely of grown ponies. But I figured it just sounded a lot better than "Mares and Gentlestallions", so I tried to live with it. But sometimes it really rubs me the wrong way. Not in the cases where it seems it may be completely on purpose, but in those other cases where it's apparently from a lack of understanding the meaning of the terms.

Should I worry about this or am I wasting my time?

SlyGuyMcFly
2011-10-16, 02:54 PM
I just realized something about Twilight's ethically suspicious spell...

Those who are effected will Want Mr. Smartypants.

They may even Need Mr. Smartypants.

But there ain't no way they're ever gonna love him. (http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=quOGuEvTX8c)
http://t3.gstatic.com/images?q=tbn:ANd9GcQngKBF8Yrp2P0mWeEf0uoBCEznQzqYc paZmRh_RBPYjh11t01NSiQoWg

I have the stupidest grin right now. Have a cookie.

Forum Explorer
2011-10-16, 02:55 PM
A Topic of Discussion!

*snip*

It does seem worry worthy in my opinion. Clearly when somepony says "silly filly" it isn't something to worry about but otherwise the problem is a matter of lazyness or lack of knowledge which are two things to be fought at all times.

And now to distract you.

Do you all think Nightmare Night will include them dressing up in costumes? If so which costumes do you think the Mane 6 will dress up as? Which would you like to see? Are there good pictures of this already? Can anypony else stand the suspense for the next episode?

Anarion
2011-10-16, 02:57 PM
I'm coming late to the party, but could someone please cut me the picture of Twilight pushing on Rainbow Dash's head (Bottom row, second from the right here (http://img844.imageshack.us/img844/6852/lessonzeroimagecompilat.png))?

Eakin
2011-10-16, 03:01 PM
Watched the new episode late last night.

So good!

How does this show KEEP GETTING BETTER?

Fluttershy MURDERS A F%#KING BEAR?
Rainbow Dash is a WALKING TACTICAL NUKE? With "Deal with it" sunglasses?

And how many background/fandom ponies did they throw into that brawl scene?

I thought the message of the week was going to be "try not to worry so much over minor things" so the message actually caught me by surprise a bit. Good life lesson, as always though. And I really like that they had Celestia demand that ALL OF THEM start writing letters, since that opens up a wider range of possible "lessons" without having to shoehorn them through Twilight

My only complaint was that there was almost NO Pinkie Pie. I thought we would be getting a new musical number from her! The internet remix machine NEEDS FUEL BADLY.

Also somewhere around the 15:00 mark Twilight progressed past "adorably disheveled" to full on terrifying. That was way past even "Party of One" creepy craziness levels. Are we sure this is for 7 year olds

Re: "Ponies are strong"

I don't know if we can use Tom as an effective barometer here. Discord-physics were in full effect and he might have (correctly) decided that it would be funnier if they could just carry it rather than forcing Rarity to stay in the middle of nowhere. Then he couldn't have shown off his "upgrades" to Ponyville.

Love all the new crazy Twi avatars around here. I knew that I'd be seeing a lot of those before the episode was even over.

Pheehelm
2011-10-16, 03:07 PM
Just watched the latest episode. I think it has my favorite moral of any episode so far.

Good heavens, though, I think they provided more image macro and animated gif material in twenty minutes than the entire first season.

Speaking of which, since I grumbled about the lack of it last time -- I'm intrigued by their idea for a seasonal update. All six ponies writing letters? Interesting potential for character development, there. Bit more ensemble cast-y.

Deadly
2011-10-16, 03:10 PM
And now to distract you.

Do you all think Nightmare Night will include them dressing up in costumes? If so which costumes do you think the Mane 6 will dress up as? Which would you like to see? Are there good pictures of this already? Can anypony else stand the suspense for the next episode?

I'm going to bet there'll be costumes all over. It's too fun to not happen. I have no idea what they'll all dress as, though.

I can't wait to finally see canon Luna. I hope she'll be awesome.

I'm coming late to the party, but could someone please cut me the picture of Twilight pushing on Rainbow Dash's head (Bottom row, second from the right here (http://img844.imageshack.us/img844/6852/lessonzeroimagecompilat.png))?

Dirtbag did them all here (http://s1197.photobucket.com/albums/aa421/Ballziggler/)

Grif
2011-10-16, 03:12 PM

herp!
http://www.dumpyourphoto.com/files3/77348/kmDN3AuXHw5.png

Anarion
2011-10-16, 03:15 PM
I'm going to bet there'll be costumes all over. It's too fun to not happen. I have no idea what they'll all dress as, though.

I can't wait to finally see canon Luna. I hope she'll be awesome.

Dirtbag did them all here (http://s1197.photobucket.com/albums/aa421/Ballziggler/)

Ah thanks very much. I'll go change that now.

Regarding your comments on fillies and foals, as well as mares and stallions. I think the show actually qualifies everyone except for older adults as fillies and colts, with foal applying even to children of the CMC age. I realize that isn't the realistic meaning of terms, but it's technically a made up universe and they can use the terms however they want as long as they're consistent. And so far, they have been mostly consistent. For example, Spike also uses "fillies and gentlecolts" in "Fall Weather Friends" and the Equestria Gurlz song refers to them as fillies as well.

Deadly
2011-10-16, 03:22 PM
Regarding your comments on fillies and foals, as well as mares and stallions. I think the show actually qualifies everyone except for older adults as fillies and colts, with foal applying even to children of the CMC age. I realize that isn't the realistic meaning of terms, but it's technically a made up universe and they can use the terms however they want as long as they're consistent. And so far, they have been mostly consistent. For example, Spike also uses "fillies and gentlecolts" in "Fall Weather Friends" and the Equestria Gurlz song refers to them as fillies as well.

I think it's mostly an issue of what sounds best. "Mares and Gentlestallions" really doesn't sound good, and for the song "fillies" probably fit a lot better too. I think it's fine for the target audience with such artistic license, but it does bother me.

Saying "Fillies and Gentlecolts" is like saying "Boys and Girls" to an audience of adults. Not something you do, except maybe as a joke.

Kindablue
2011-10-16, 03:23 PM
It does seem worry worthy in my opinion. Clearly when somepony says "silly filly" it isn't something to worry about but otherwise the problem is a matter of lazyness or lack of knowledge which are two things to be fought at all times.

And now to distract you.

Actual spoiler:
http://fim.413chan.net/art/src/131794238710-DerpyHalloween.png

If I remember correctly, this is a colored version of an illustration from a leaked storyboard for the episode. I can't seem to find the original, though.

Deadly
2011-10-16, 03:24 PM
Actual spoiler:
http://fim.413chan.net/art/src/131794238710-DerpyHalloween.png

If I remember correctly, this is a colored version of an illustration from a leaked storyboard for the episode. I can't seem to find the original, though.

HOLY CRAP, that's Rarity? I never noticed that before now.

Trixie
2011-10-16, 03:28 PM
I though that was supposed to be Twilight? :smallconfused:

I'm sorry I forgot a seldom used detail for a setting I don't do anything with? Or even know if I can find out details from anyone not you, or that I'd be interested in learning more about?

*hugs* http://i.imgur.com/N2nfK.jpg

Kindablue
2011-10-16, 03:35 PM
Actual spoiler:
http://img849.imageshack.us/img849/8363/4fbi1.jpg
It's Rarity.

Eakin
2011-10-16, 03:35 PM
I think it's mostly an issue of what sounds best. "Mares and Gentlestallions" really doesn't sound good, and for the song "fillies" probably fit a lot better too. I think it's fine for the target audience with such artistic license, but it does bother me.

Saying "Fillies and Gentlecolts" is like saying "Boys and Girls" to an audience of adults. Not something you do, except maybe as a joke.

I think you're totally right that they're doing it wrong, and they KNOW they're doing it wrong, but they think it sounds better so they're hoping you'll overlook it or MST3K Mantra it (no TVTropes link because I am not a bad person).

So yeah, artistic license.

Lix Lorn
2011-10-16, 03:37 PM
Take a good look at just who you're cuddling...1

Count me in if you want to do it again. Heh, it'd be kind of funny if that wound up happening during my turn in the Playground interviews.

1EDIT for those who come in later. At the time Esper had one of the terrorpony avatars.
Midnight. Not EsperDerek. THERE IS A DIFFERENCE WHEN I WANT THERE TO BE.

*Twitch*

*Twitch Twitch*

"Oh my gosh! I'm still naughty and seductive, even when I'm trying not to! Poor Vent, I'm so sorry!"

*She twitches, and giggles a little madly. Actually, a little like Twilight did.

"I know! I'll have to take drastic measures! I'll have to become an undead or something!"
(blinkblink)
ACTIVATING MENTOR MODE!

"Now listen here Midnight." says Lixie sternly but caringly. "You know perfectly well that your mother is a little unstable, and you know that it's not your fault as well. Don't start denying who you are just because your mother's breakdown is starting to make your personality twist just as much."

BlasTech
2011-10-16, 03:38 PM

That's okay, Momma Luna is here to help

Have a couple of S2 Ep3 spoiler-y fan-arts before I send myself to the moon got to bed.

[IMG]http://fc09.deviantart.net/fs71/i/2011/289/9/e/fluttershy_is_badass_by_doggie999-d4d07e7.jpg

Karate Fluttershy just looks fantastic. Her, RD and Applebloom (and probably Rarity too) all seem to be well aquainted it ... what is it with ponies and Karate anyway?

Pheehelm
2011-10-16, 03:38 PM
As far as the "gentlecolt" thing goes, I would look at it as sort of parallel to "boyfriend." Is it inappropriate to refer to a grown man as a boy? Usually. Is it inappropriate for a grown woman to refer to her male significant other as her boyfriend? Usually not. It's maybe not consistent, but it goes without question.

That is to say, ponies politely refer to male adults as "gentlecolts" and for the most part don't really question it because they all know what they mean.

Athaniar
2011-10-16, 03:49 PM
Hm, didn't Faust say there was something evil that corrupted Luna into Nightmare Moon (or am I misremembering her quotes again)? Would be interesting to get some more info on that in the next episode, given that she is the focus and all. Season-spanning plot thread leading up to new villain? Hey, I can dream. I bet it was the Old Gods. It's always the Old Gods.

Neoseanster
2011-10-16, 04:02 PM

I DEMAND ARTS OF HIM AND TWILIGHT. DEMAND IT!

I DEMAND ARTS OF HIM AND TWILIGHT MIDNIGHT. DEMAND IT!

Fixed it for you :smalltongue:

Hello new friend, my name is Fred,
the words you hear are in my head.
I say, I said my name is Fred,
and I've been very... naughty.

http://img202.imageshack.us/img202/8729/fredik.jpg

o_o

This dripping mane, this droopy tail,
unfold sweet memories of a mare,
whose tresses, oh, they'd twist and twirl,
and tempt me to be... naughty.

Twilight Midnight, my love was named,
and her fair hair, a mane untamed,
until one evening, I'm ashamed,
I got a little... naughty.

The look upon the young filly's face,
was sweet as lace,
but in this case,
I realized she... needed space.

*insert crude doodle of angry shaved Midnight here*

Altaria87
2011-10-16, 04:04 PM
Future Episode Spoilers

More CMC in Episode 6 :smallbiggrin: (http://www.equestriadaily.com/2011/10/season-2-episode-6-cutie-pox.html)!
Just thought I'd leave that here, as well as my joy. I may have to acquire some insulin in time for the 12th.

Trixie
2011-10-16, 04:07 PM
A Topic of Discussion!

So something's begun to really bug me. I'm kinda going all Twilight over it now :smalltongue:

It's about the use of the various terms for horses/ponies, primarily "filly" and "colt". I don't want to be a grammarsemantics nazi, but the way I see these used sometimes makes me want to... love and tolerate some sense into my fellow bronies... >.>

Just want to get some other views on this, you know, since maybe I'm wrong or just overly pedantic or something.

Here's my take on the issue:

A filly or colt is a young horse or pony, a "child" basically in human terms. A Filly is female, colts are male. The CMCs are fillies, like Twilight herself said in Call of the Cutie: "I for one think you are three very lucky fillies".

A foal is pretty much new-born, so a "baby" in human terms. I do not think there are distinctions on gender here, "foal" is gender-neutral. I also don't think we've ever seen a foal in the show, so sadly no comparisons available.

A mare or stallion is an adult horse or pony. Mares are female, stallions are male. The mane six are mares, Big Macintosh is a stallion.

The problem I usually see is when somepony refers to an adult pony as a filly or colt, or somepony like the CMCs as foals.

Calling the CMCs foals would be really demeaning, something Diamond Tiara or Silver Spoon would do.

Now, calling an adult pony "filly" or "colt" could be intentional and done with full understanding of the meaning, for example as a (mild maybe friendly) insult, much like calling a grown woman "girl" may not be entirely polite or downright insulting depending on context and tone. But as a general form of address it's wrong.

It bugged me when the mayor said "Fillies and Gentlecolts" to an audience clearly made up almost entirely of grown ponies. But I figured it just sounded a lot better than "Mares and Gentlestallions", so I tried to live with it. But sometimes it really rubs me the wrong way. Not in the cases where it seems it may be completely on purpose, but in those other cases where it's apparently from a lack of understanding the meaning of the terms.

Well, when it's something with purpose, like episode one, with 'foal' being replacement for 'fool', but yeah, other times I'd completely agree with you.

erikun
2011-10-16, 04:08 PM
sexy Momma Twilights
http://img202.imageshack.us/img202/6551/psychtwi.png
"So tell me, Midnight. First Rarity, and now your own mother. Perhaps we should look into this attraction of yours towards the older generation."

I'd second or third the "it sound best" line for reasoning its use. As Pheehelm points out, even in English with have boyfriends and girlfriends - not malefriends or womanfriends.

I'd also like to note that the "mane cast are all mid-twenties" idea is hardly universal, so I'm not all that sure that fillies would be incorrect for the main cast either.

Zevox
2011-10-16, 04:08 PM
A Topic of Discussion!

<Filly/Colt Stuff>

I think part of it may be that, as the show's title says, these characters are Ponies, not Horses. For whatever reason the only character who looks like a full-grown horse would is Celestia (and Nightmare Moon, but oddly Luna ends up a Pony after changing back), and everyone else stays small even into adulthood. So it could technically be accurate to refer to even "adult" Ponies as fillies and colts, because they never become full mares or stallions, due to being different from real-world horses.

Zevox

Grif
2011-10-16, 04:12 PM

o_o

was sweet as lace,
but in this case,

Dat grin. It's like Twilight's.

Deadly
2011-10-16, 04:12 PM
As far as the "gentlecolt" thing goes, I would look at it as sort of parallel to "boyfriend." Is it inappropriate to refer to a grown man as a boy? Usually. Is it inappropriate for a grown woman to refer to her male significant other as her boyfriend? Usually not. It's maybe not consistent, but it goes without question.

That is to say, ponies politely refer to male adults as "gentlecolts" and for the most part don't really question it because they all know what they mean.

I suppose you could rationalize it as something cultural, specific to Equestria, but still it bothers me, and not just with the "fillies and gentlecolts", that was just one example.

I think part of it may be that, as the show's title says, these characters are Ponies, not Horses. For whatever reason the only character who looks like a full-grown horse would is Celestia (and Nightmare Moon, but oddly Luna ends up a Pony after changing back), and everyone else stays small even into adulthood. So it could technically be accurate to refer to even "adult" Ponies as fillies and colts, because they never become full mares or stallions, due to being different from real-world horses.

Zevox

Aren't these terms used for ponies in exactly the same way in real life, though?

I'd also like to note that the "mane cast are all mid-twenties" idea is hardly universal, so I'm not all that sure that fillies would be incorrect for the main cast either.

I'm sure most could agree they are at least adults, maybe young adults but certainly not children. Faust called them as much, too, I think.

Zevox
2011-10-16, 04:14 PM
Aren't these terms used for ponies in exactly the same way in real life, though?
Correct me if I'm wrong, but isn't a pony just a young horse in the real world? The term being basically the sexless version of filly/colt?

Zevox

Athaniar
2011-10-16, 04:14 PM
Future Episode Spoilers

More CMC in Episode 6 :smallbiggrin: (http://www.equestriadaily.com/2011/10/season-2-episode-6-cutie-pox.html)!
Just thought I'd leave that here, as well as my joy. I may have to acquire some insulin in time for the 12th.
That sounds both adorable and hilarious, as always when it comes to them. I don't get the feeling this season will disappoint me.

Kindablue
2011-10-16, 04:19 PM
Episode 3 spoiler:
http://th01.deviantart.net/fs71/PRE/i/2011/288/b/3/you__re_my_favorite_by_equestria_prevails-d4cyhgy.jpg (http://equestria-prevails.deviantart.com/#/d4cyhgy)

What a weirdo.

Forum Explorer
2011-10-16, 04:21 PM
Correct me if I'm wrong, but isn't a pony just a young horse in the real world? The term being basically the sexless version of filly/colt?

Zevox

I believe (not positive on this) that pony refers to a particular type of horse.

Deadly

Zevox

No, a pony is a small horse, nothing to do with age.

A pony is a small horse (Equus ferus caballus). Depending on context, a pony may be a horse that is under an approximate or exact height at the withers, or a small horse with a specific conformation and temperament. There are many different breeds.

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Pony

Trixie

That is wrong, unless you consider Peke and a Wolf the same thing.

Zevox
2011-10-16, 04:23 PM
No, a pony is a small horse, nothing to do with age.

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Pony
Huh. Okay, that's weird. I've always been under the impression that it was a young horse, not some subtype of horse, or horses under a certain height (I find it odd that there'd be a distinction for the latter).

Oh well then, that means the premise of my explanation is no good. Carry on.

That is wrong, unless you consider Peke and a Wolf the same thing.
I have no idea what a Peke is, so I couldn't tell you.

Zevox

Deadly
2011-10-16, 04:27 PM
Huh. Okay, that's weird. I've always been under the impression that it was a young horse, not some subtype of horse, or horses under a certain height (I find it odd that there'd be a distinction for the latter).

Oh well then, that means the premise of my explanation is no good. Carry on.

Zevox

No problem :) I honestly don't know why there'd be such a distinction either, but I'd guess it might be of some use in competitions to make a distinction like that.

Trixie
2011-10-16, 04:27 PM
I have no idea what a Peke is, so I couldn't tell you.

Be my guest (http://lmgtfy.com/?q=peke&l=1), then? :smallconfused:

EsperDerek
2011-10-16, 04:30 PM
"So tell me, Midnight. First Rarity, and now your own mother. Perhaps we should look into this attraction of yours towards the older generation."

*Midnight goes scarlet. She stammers hard, kicking her hoof against the ground.

"I'm not attracted to my Momma!"

o_o

was sweet as lace,
but in this case,

"Oh my Celestia I'm so scared now I'm running far far away...

That's okay, Momma Luna is here to help

(blinkblink)
ACTIVATING MENTOR MODE!

"Now listen here Midnight." says Lixie sternly but caringly. "You know perfectly well that your mother is a little unstable, and you know that it's not your fault as well. Don't start denying who you are just because your mother's breakdown is starting to make your personality twist just as much."

*Midnight giggles.

"It's okay, Momma Luna! Lixie! I have this figured out! I'll channel some of the night energy that you use, Momma Luna, and I'll transform into an undead, and I won't have to worry about being a good filly anymore! I'll always be one!"

Her horn crackles with pitch-black energy, that briefly obscures her form! There's a flash of darkness, and when Midnight reappears, she's defintely changed....

Two black bat-like wings have pushed out of her back, and her tail has changed into a rather cute, black devil-tail. Two more bat wings push out from her head. She blinks, looking down at herself.

"...I was supposed to turn undead, not into a succubus!" She protests, and then lets out a soft sigh, finally admitting defeat. "Alright...you're right, Miss Lixie...I guess I have been getting a little crazy myself..."

Lix Lorn
2011-10-16, 04:35 PM
*Midnight giggles.

"It's okay, Momma Luna! Lixie! I have this figured out! I'll channel some of the night energy that you use, Momma Luna, and I'll transform into an undead, and I won't have to worry about being a good filly anymore! I'll always be one!"

Her horn crackles with pitch-black energy, that briefly obscures her form! There's a flash of darkness, and when Midnight reappears, she's defintely changed....

Two black bat-like wings have pushed out of her back, and her tail has changed into a rather cute, black devil-tail. Two more bat wings push out from her head. She blinks, looking down at herself.

"...I was supposed to turn undead, not into a succubus!" She protests, and then lets out a soft sigh, finally admitting defeat. "Alright...you're right, Miss Lixie...I guess I have been getting a little crazy myself..."
...Lixie gets a nosebleed.
"Um. I don't think 'good' is really your thing." blushing profusely. "Adorasexy."

Beacon of Chaos
2011-10-16, 04:53 PM
I honestly don't have much to say right now, so instead I'm just gonna plug the Canterlot.com Halloween Nightmare Night (http://www.canterlot.com/topic/3340-updated-oct-15th-huzzah-its-october-get-ready-for-the-great-harvest-spook-tacular-contests-and-nightmare-night-updated-oct-15th/) competition again. There's an art contest and a writing contest and there will be prizes! (though I don't know what they are yet). Just a thought.

And Re: foal/filly/colt: Filly has been used for both Applebloom (by AJ) and by Applebloom (regarding the mane 6) in the Zecora episode (the name of which escapes me right now), so it seems to roughly mean girl. One would assume colt would be used the same way. Over at Canterlot we use foal to mean CMC age, but that's not really official.

In case anyone wants to know, the colours I used before were: #0099CC, #66CC99, #9999FF, and #FF99FF, in that order

Topaz
2011-10-16, 04:59 PM
Yep, didn't take long for the tactical rainboom videos (http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=1hiwynjUFqs)to appear. As an aside, what do you reckon we should call it? "Friendship Nuke", "Sonic Rainbomb" or something else?
I like "Sonic Rainbomb".

Eh, it just looks like extra-sharp turn? Besides, filly RD is very light, meaning much less inertia.

Not sure it it can be compared with ramming into the ground, but ok.
The idea is that RD has options besides just running into the ground.

And sometimes excellent -- I should know.

Oh please, Mids. That never works.

Hee hee hee...HaHaHaHaHa! And here I was going to ask to come out for Nightmare Night. I've become redundant!

EsperDerek
2011-10-16, 05:01 PM
...Lixie gets a nosebleed.
"Um. I don't think 'good' is really your thing." blushing profusely. "Adorasexy."

SuccuMidnight grins softly, and that tail flicks around, playfully tickling Lixie's tender nose. It seems that she's recovering from her little crisis.

"You're absolutely right, teacher. I should just be me. What and who I am. I'm a "good" pony in all of the ways that counts. Everything else? Well." She gives Lixie's ear a playful nibble. :smallwink:

And sometimes excellent -- I should know.

Oh please, Mids. That never works.

Hee hee hee...HaHaHaHaHa! And here I was going to ask to come out for Nightmare Night. I've become redundant!

"Oh! You still can come out, Nightmare! It's only fair! You're hardly redundant, Nighty. You get to have fun that night. :smallsmile:"

Beeskee
2011-10-16, 05:02 PM
PROPOSAL: TERROR TACTICS

Have you ever thought that people weren't properly scared of ponies? Let's fix that. Let's spread the fear far and wide.

Pick an image off this list (http://img844.imageshack.us/img844/6852/lessonzeroimagecompilat.png) and wear it as your avatar for the next few days. Think of it as a Halloween celebration.

(I can help anypony who needs cropping, just indicate which one you want)

I tried to find a "scary derpy hooves" pic. Really I did. I don't know if there are any, but if there are, I didn't find them. And... you really don't want to know what I did find while searching. ... There? How's THAT for scary? Mental image trumps any actual pic I could find. *keeps reading thread* I stand corrected... O.o;

I'll use another Derpy pic. It's a different style, maybe it will go with what other folks choose.

Ponies have super-powers, and that's that.

YES.

RP: Honesty

*Midnight grins happily. "I always appreciate good singing. I personally cannot sing a lick. My voice is really terrible, both in my normal form, and as a male like this. I know, I tried."

He claps his hoofs together.

"I'm not normally any good at singing, I just thought I would try. Thank you, I'm glad it came out well. I bet you sing better than you think, though." The continued applause makes her a little embarassed, but she smiles softly, appreciating the compliment.

"That was very brave that you sang for us as wel-"

*Midnight tilts his head, looking at the new figure in the room. His ears twitch slightly, looking at the diamond dog pony curiously.

"That's...that's quite the outfit..."

"I could have sworn I've seen an outfit like that before. I can't remember where though." She tries to think about where it might have been. (Probably in a movie...)

So much scary, scary Twilight.

I know, I'm almost afraid to read the thread! ... Almost. *clicks on next page*

Oh, it's a wonderful job! You sing for... orphans. Orphans, yeah. Sad, little disillusioned orphans with no one to care for them. And it pays well! Very well. You could be rich after the first show!

(This one's actually a pony.)

Oh, you know, need to keep stylish and such. Why don't you go inquire about where you can get your own, and me and this dame here will discuss business, eh?

"Oh my! Orphans! How sad." Something about it seems suspicious though, and considering the, er, recent change she's undergone, going somewhere with the strange pony might not be the best idea. Still... orphan ponies? Awww... What pony could say no to that? "I... might be able to do something..."

Her suspicions are confirmed when the new pony (un)subtly tries to encourage Midnight to go away. "Er, maybe you should come with us, Midnight? Maybe we could put on an act for them? Trixie might enjoy performing for them as well." Something in her expression as she looks at Midnight seems to say 'Please don't leave me alone with this guy.' She would definitely feel much safer with one or more powerful unicorns, known to be nice, within shouting distance.

Everypony! I just realized that one episode of crazy!Twilight has spread more chaos and ponysanity around here than the two episodes with the literal incarnation of pony chaos, Discord!

That somehow sounded more impressive when I first thought of it.

It actually is impressive. Regardless of whether a pony loves or hates the particular episode's story, the amount of stuff they crammed into it as gift-wrapped presents to the fans is unbelievable.

Eh, it was just as bad, IMHO :smallannoyed:

No, worse, since we roughly know what modern stuff ought to do, and having 100 year more advanced version perform worse than early guns from 500 years back so Cameron can have an Aesop was jarring. With Star Wars, you can handvawe stuff due to too many unknowns, with 30 mm autocannon, not so much. Sorry.

Living planets that can coordinate their actions on a large scale work differently than Earth. Imagine every lifeform on Earth actively and continually attacking humanity with no regard to their own individual safety while ignoring standard predator/prey relations AND acting as coordinated military units. I mean, I know we have a lot of guns and bullets and etc, and 6+ billion people to use them, but still. It would be a close fight that could go either way. There were nowhere near that many people on Pandora, they lost that war before it started, by not understanding the nature of the world.

Also, they were retarded. They could have pulled up a giant trade ship with a sampling of everything Earth had to offer, and showed the contents of it to the Na'vi and said, "Pick whatever stuff you want us to bring, and we'll bring a full load of those things next time. Just mine us some plot-onium, using your own mining techniques. We won't interfere in your world at all, unless you want us to." Okay, maybe they would have wanted gold? Or maybe they would have wanted cheese-whiz. The humans didn't even bother to TRY. I know the movie said the Na'vi wouldn't be interested in trade goods, but there's bound to be something on Earth they would want. Fine silks, fun toys, something, ANYTHING, but the humans just saw "zomg lol savages we can pillage from" without understanding them, and didn't try.

Edit: There may have been more details in the screenplay or book, so maybe the humans did try to do something other than "raep teh planet" - and I know the movie itself was a metaphor for how we're interacting with our environment here on Earth. I'm just going based on the movie plot as given tho, with no supporting details. I even had to look up what 'unobtanium' was in the Avatar universe since it's never specified in the movie, I know it just meant some rare element for plot purposes, but apparently it's an FTL starship component. That still doesn't make what they did right.

It's about the use of the various terms for horses/ponies, primarily "filly" and "colt".

I think it's meant primarily as a term of endearment. It might sound offensive in our terms, but the ponies are generally sweet to each other, so personally I think they almost always mean it nicely. It could also be age-related, such as any pony younger than the speaker is a filly or colt. To Celestia, everyone would be a filly or colt. Nightmare Moon uses it rudely, calling ponies "foals" several times as a replacement for the word "fool".

(CaptainJack) I can't even say what I'm thinking here. Fortunately, several other ponies did.

"...I was supposed to turn undead, not into a succubus!"

Beeskee just goes wide-eyed.

Grif
2011-10-16, 05:08 PM
SuccuMidnight grins softly, and that tail flicks around, playfully tickling Lixie's tender nose. It seems that she's recovering from her little crisis.

"You're absolutely right, teacher. I should just be me. What and who I am. I'm a "good" pony in all of the ways that counts. Everything else? Well." She gives Lixie's ear a playful nibble. :smallwink:

"Oh! You still can come out, Nightmare! It's only fair! You're hardly redundant, Nighty. You get to have fun that night. :smallsmile:"

Lyra, what are you doing?
*nosebleed*
Oh my, that is saucy. Wait, I thought you're supposed to be watching Twilight.
No time... Midnight... *drools*

Deadly
2011-10-16, 05:09 PM
And Re: foal/filly/colt: Filly has been used for both Applebloom (by AJ) and by Applebloom (regarding the mane 6) in the Zecora episode (the name of which escapes me right now), so it seems to roughly mean girl. One would assume colt would be used the same way. Over at Canterlot we use foal to mean CMC age, but that's not really official.

As far as I can tell, Applebloom just calls them "silly fillies", which given the context is obviously meant ironically as in "you're acting like little fillies".

Using foal for CMC aged ponies is even worse than the filly/colt thing, IMO.

BlasTech
2011-10-16, 05:11 PM
*Midnight giggles.

"No my dear" Luna replies, her smile only getting wider as she approaches. "Not crazy ... sane."

"Yes, sane. You are one of the few who has yet to be marked. You can see it, can't you? When you look into the eyes of the affected." She leans in close, her pupils shrunk to the size of pinheads, and giggles.

"There's only one way to stay safe my dear, and I figured it out! The madness, the insanity, it comes for you. It will do so every day and every night until the night of Nightmare. The only way to protect yourself is to always be on guard, always vigilant ... It likes it best when you sleep, you see."

As she giggles again, her outline begins to blur, her body gradually becoming transperant with every word she speaks. Her voice changes too, becoming deeper, more resonant, filling the room until Midnight can no longer tell where it's coming from. With her final words, "Luna" vanishes.

"So ... don't ... go ... to ... bed!"

Oh boy, this is what I get for posting when sleep deprived, a sudden realisation I have no idea how to properly RP Luna ... luckily, I can always just pass it off as an illusion of ponysanity!

EDIT: Blah, in the time it takes me to type a paragraph, you guys have already finished 10 replies! (Feel free to ignore this post, I have a feeling it's a bit late now :smalltongue: Will leave it up just for posterity's sake though! XD)

RdMarquis
2011-10-16, 05:13 PM
Scary Twilight everywhere, and seven new pages I have yet to get through...How long was I asleep? :smalleek:

Soras Teva Gee
2011-10-16, 05:18 PM

Some food for thought:

1. Lauren Faust considers the mane six to be 12-18 in emotional maturity as needed. Ergo at least for the mane six they are teenagers, not strictly adults. This can apply to a fair number of others around town. (Yes they are physically mature, the same note I read mentioned that their physical development is faster then emotional/mental development.

2. Related to item 1, there is a steadily rising cultural presence of degrees between child and adult. Aside from teenager we now have "tween" and particularly young adult. The terminology does not quite match up and girl in particular is expanding. I'd say even up to 30 people plenty of people wouldn't be quite comfortable with terms implying full maturity. There is a strong cultural factor of not wanting to be considered quite grown-up since it implies a lot of things people consider boring verging on old.

3. On something of the other end for all it may be technically correct outside of horse circles the use of "mare" is likely to have "old" in front of it.

4. Finally consider the actual target demographic of the show. With a loose filly=girl is easy to establish referring the mane characters as mares risks a certain amount of identification from the intended viewers. And there just isn't the cultural impetus for girls to identify as future women as there is to be girls. For all the double standard you can find this is a show that has a Princess not a Queen for a similar reason. (And an only distantly related Prince not a Duke for an more gender neutral variant)

Beacon of Chaos
2011-10-16, 05:24 PM
I like "Sonic Rainbomb".
I like Atomic Rainboom/bomb myslef.

I tried to find a "scary derpy hooves" pic. Really I did. I don't know if there are any, but if there are, I didn't find them. And... you really don't want to know what I did find while searching. ... There? How's THAT for scary? Mental image trumps any actual pic I could find. *keeps reading thread* I stand corrected... O.o;

I'll use another Derpy pic. It's a different style, maybe it will go with what other folks choose.
There's a Discorded Derpy tumblr somewhere that might have something you could use. She's an evil genius of some sort there.

"I could have sworn I've seen an outfit like that before. I can't remember where though." She tries to think about where it might have been. (Probably in a movie...)

You may be thinking of this:
Morrigan from Darkstalkers.
http://upload.wikimedia.org/wikipedia/en/6/64/Morrigan(Darkstalkers).png

Deadly
2011-10-16, 05:27 PM
Some food for thought:

I can accept that the show may not be technically correct all the time, to cater to its target audience. It isn't all that bad so far because they actually seem to use words like "girl" more often.

What I am most concerned about are how these terms are used by the community, in fan fics and discussions. I guess it breaks my immersion when I come across a blatantly wrong use of these words. It can even be disturbing when in the context of shipping and you suddenly get an association of "children" in the middle of a hot shipping scene.

Beeskee
2011-10-16, 05:27 PM
You may be thinking of this:
Morrigan from Darkstalkers.
http://upload.wikimedia.org/wikipedia/en/6/64/Morrigan(Darkstalkers).png

O.O

I actually meant the trenchcoat/fedora outfit the mafia pony is wearing. :smallbiggrin: I figured it was from Godfather or something like that.

But yeah that is a good match for what I was thinking of for Succubus Midnight.

Edit: Oops, forgot a reply:

There's a Discorded Derpy tumblr somewhere that might have something you could use. She's an evil genius of some sort there.

None of the ones I found were quite up to the "crazy Twilight" standard, but that sets a pretty high bar.

Lix Lorn
2011-10-16, 05:28 PM

"I uh this is not the normal student teacher relationship!" squeakblush!
Blink.
"...why do I care?"
Happyblush!

*nosebleed*
And thus the torch is passed.

Kindablue
2011-10-16, 05:30 PM

http://img.ponibooru.org/_images/a6740fb66e1b4852ff5679947418f6ee/41153%20-%20Raindrops%20anvil%20artist%3Aalevgor%20derpy_ho oves%20insane%20showers%20underp.jpg

Thanqol
2011-10-16, 05:32 PM

Welcome to the List.

(As a fun fact, Freud was wrong. But what he did know how to do was talk to people until their craziness transformed into the one thing he knew how to cure - and then he cured that.

Puts a different spin on this conversation when the first step is convincing Midnight to be attracted to her mom. As her mom.).

EDIT: ALL GIRLS LOVE THEIR FATHER

"Oh my Celestia I'm so scared now I'm running far far away...

what have i done

WELP, art list added.

YO.

http://img195.imageshack.us/img195/4479/derpav.png

Good morning, terrifying ponythread! Where all the ponies in this thread are CRAZY!

EDIT:

O.O

I actually meant the trenchcoat/fedora outfit the mafia pony is wearing. :smallbiggrin: I figured it was from Godfather or something like that.

It is from the Godfather, actually, with a few tweaks.

Beacon of Chaos
2011-10-16, 05:43 PM
O.O

*headdesk* I totally misread that. Whoops XD

Anyway, I'm off for the night... sweet dreams ponythread... I'll leave you with this:

http://img.ponibooru.org/_images/c8c208211c7fac16d6e75ef5305a13dc/72401%20-%20artist%3Aosakaoji%20psycho_twi%20twilight_spark le%20twilightsparkle.png

Beeskee
2011-10-16, 05:48 PM
http://img.ponibooru.org/_images/a6740fb66e1b4852ff5679947418f6ee/41153%20-%20Raindrops%20anvil%20artist%3Aalevgor%20derpy_ho oves%20insane%20showers%20underp.jpg

Woah. Okay, that is definitely a solid candidate for "crazy Derpy" :smallbiggrin:

YO.

http://img195.imageshack.us/img195/4479/derpav.png

EDIT:

It is from the Godfather, actually, with a few tweaks.

And another! O.O;

Hehe I was just guessing with that, but it's such a popular standard for the Mafia media image. Which, of course, is nothing like the real Mafia now, at least according to the one person I knew who had distant ties to them.

*headdesk* I totally misread that. Whoops XD

Anyway, I'm off for the night... sweet dreams ponythread... I'll leave you with this:

http://img.ponibooru.org/_images/c8c208211c7fac16d6e75ef5305a13dc/72401%20-%20artist%3Aosakaoji%20psycho_twi%20twilight_spark le%20twilightsparkle.png

No worries, hehe. G'night! ... Gah! This thread just keeps getting more terrifying!

BlasTech
2011-10-16, 05:50 PM

Best i can think of is trying to crop out the cameo of Derpy in this picture (http://4.bp.blogspot.com/-n4jy8of3Ajo/Tpf0KTVibDI/AAAAAAAAOFo/NDi4yrB5Miw/s1600/Clipboard01.jpg)... its seriously creepy once you see it but the resolution may not be high enough for use as an avatar. (That said, I'm sure there's a bigger version of the original pic on Deviant Art or something)

Scary Twilight everywhere, and seven new pages I have yet to get through...How long was I asleep? :smalleek:

With a brand new episode out, long enough :smalltongue:

Soras Teva Gee
2011-10-16, 05:55 PM
I can accept that the show may not be technically correct all the time, to cater to its target audience. It isn't all that bad so far because they actually seem to use words like "girl" more often.

What I am most concerned about are how these terms are used by the community, in fan fics and discussions. I guess it breaks my immersion when I come across a blatantly wrong use of these words. It can even be disturbing when in the context of shipping and you suddenly get an association of "children" in the middle of a hot shipping scene.

I'd find it hard to consider filly and colt being misused in that sense. I could see it being misused with a minority of characters who are distinctly older. Though even Big Mac and Cheerilee (who I view as older) I'd forgive, you'd have to reach the Cakes or of course Mayor Mare.

Foal, yes because there's no one it could even loosely apply to that should be in "hot" shipping scene. Though maybe as some really gooey sentiment.

And mare and stallion would have much the same cut-off. Only ones that can't use it are those that have no business with being in "hot" scenes.

I would point out for complaining about fandom works.... If they are avoiding Mary Sue, IKEA Erotica, and Ebony Dark'ness Dementia Raven Way they are performing above the bell curve anyways.

erikun
2011-10-16, 05:59 PM
...and now, you know part of the reason why I don't like the ponysexfics.

*Midnight goes scarlet. She stammers hard, kicking her hoof against the ground.

"I'm not attracted to my Momma!"
http://img41.imageshack.us/img41/6049/twidoc.png
"Don't you worry yourself one little bit, Midnight. Momma Twilight has just the book to solve all your problems. It says right here in On Death and Dying by Elisabeth Clopper-Ross (http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/K%C3%BCbler-Ross_model) that denial is the first stage of going through grief."

"Let's see... it says the next stage is anger, so all we need to do is make you angry and we'll be moving right along. You'll be better in no time, and all by the book!"

http://i.imgur.com/BgqS5.png

As a side note, if I keep making icons at this rate, I might as well create my own Imgur account.

EsperDerek
2011-10-16, 06:00 PM
"No my dear" Luna replies, her smile only getting wider as she approaches. "Not crazy ... sane."

"Yes, sane. You are one of the few who has yet to be marked. You can see it, can't you? When you look into the eyes of the affected." She leans in close, her pupils shrunk to the size of pinheads, and giggles.

"There's only one way to stay safe my dear, and I figured it out! The madness, the insanity, it comes for you. It will do so every day and every night until the night of Nightmare. The only way to protect yourself is to always be on guard, always vigilant ... It likes it best when you sleep, you see."

As she giggles again, her outline begins to blur, her body gradually becoming transperant with every word she speaks. Her voice changes too, becoming deeper, more resonant, filling the room until Midnight can no longer tell where it's coming from. With her final words, "Luna" vanishes.

"So ... don't ... go ... to ... bed!"

Oh boy, this is what I get for posting when sleep deprived, a sudden realisation I have no idea how to properly RP Luna ... luckily, I can always just pass it off as an illusion of ponysanity!

*SuccuMidnight goes wide-eyed, as suddenly everything about this version of her Momma suddenly goes so terrifying! Her wings flare nervously, and she coughs after Luna disappears.

"After that, I don't think I could sleep anyways..."

*nosebleed*

*Midnight, who has gotten so good at detecting hidden ponies, seems to flick that tail playfully in Lyra's direction. Maybe, Possibly. :smallwink:

"Oh my! Orphans! How sad." Something about it seems suspicious though, and considering the, er, recent change she's undergone, going somewhere with the strange pony might not be the best idea. Still... orphan ponies? Awww... What pony could say no to that? "I... might be able to do something..."

Her suspicions are confirmed when the new pony (un)subtly tries to encourage Midnight to go away. "Er, maybe you should come with us, Midnight? Maybe we could put on an act for them? Trixie might enjoy performing for them as well." Something in her expression as she looks at Midnight seems to say 'Please don't leave me alone with this guy.' She would definitely feel much safer with one or more powerful unicorns, known to be nice, within shouting distance.

Midnight (somehow in her succubus form, even though she was 'Prince' Midnight moments ago), tilts her head curiously. She, too, is getting rather suspicious at how quickly and how unsubtly is trying to shoo her away. She nods at Beeskee, and smiles comfortingly.

"Oh, my, well, I'm not the performer that my Momma Trixie is, but I have picked up some of her skills through sheer osmosis. Why don't I do just that, and give you a hand with those...poor...orphans.

"I uh this is not the normal student teacher relationship!" squeakblush!
Blink.
"...why do I care?"
Happyblush!

*Midnight grins playfully.

"My, I'm doing a good job, if I can make you flush and squeak like that, teacher..."

She gives Lixie an affectionate nuzzle and kiss, which is about as close as you can get without having to pull the curtain on the scene. :smallwink:

Welcome to the List.

WELP, art list added.

Hee hee hee. Very nice.

O.O

For the record, she is indeed where I got the characteristics from, I played the stuffing out of Darkstalkers when I was younger. :smallbiggrin:

otakuryoga
2011-10-16, 06:05 PM
Puts a different spin on this conversation when the first step is convincing Midnight to be attracted to her mom. As her mom.).

EDIT: ALL GIRLS LOVE THEIR FATHER

shouldn't be too hard then since Twilight is her father

I'd find it hard to consider filly and colt being misused in that sense. I could see it being misused with a minority of characters who are distinctly older. Though even Big Mac and Cheerilee (who I view as older) I'd forgive, you'd have to reach the Cakes or of course Mayor Mare.

i cannot understand why people think Cheerilee is older?
Cutie Mark Chronicles...Cheerilee is one of the fillies onstage wearing the costumes Rarity made
now..i have always considered Rarity to be probably the eldest of the mane 6..but not by too large a margin

Thanqol
2011-10-16, 06:07 PM
shouldn't be too hard then since Twilight is her father

That would be the point I was making. :smallwink:

Oh, also, Proposal for next thread title:

My Little Pony XXVII: HAI GURLZ

Tectonic Robot
2011-10-16, 06:10 PM
O.K., where is this going on exactly? Because I'm not sure.

*Midnight giggles.

The stallion stares at this display with one eyebrow raised, slightly leaning backwards as it continues. "That's... kind of odd.", he says.

"I'm not normally any good at singing, I just thought I would try. Thank you, I'm glad it came out well. I bet you sing better than you think, though." The continued applause makes her a little embarassed, but she smiles softly, appreciating the compliment.

"Yes, hehe, yes, the more the merrier, eh?" The stallion rubs his hooves together while laughing softly to himself.

O.O

I was thinking of something in the style of the midnight crew, myself.

Midnight (somehow in her succubus form, even though she was 'Prince' Midnight moments ago), tilts her head curiously. She, too, is getting rather suspicious at how quickly and how unsubtly is trying to shoo her away. She nods at Beeskee, and smiles comfortingly.

"Oh, my, well, I'm not the performer that my Momma Trixie is, but I have picked up some of her skills through sheer osmosis. Why don't I do just that, and give you a hand with those...poor...orphans.

"Oh, of course, of course, suit yourself! You just need to promise to do what I ask, see? Oh, and uh, why are you suddenly a mare? With wings on your head?

erikun
2011-10-16, 06:10 PM
Given that this is Ponythread XXVII, I think you may be off by one. :smallwink:

Trust me, everyone is together in that boat.

Thanqol
2011-10-16, 06:11 PM
Given that this is Ponythread XXVII, I think you may be off by one. :smallwink:

Roman math is hard.

Soras Teva Gee
2011-10-16, 06:14 PM
My Little Pony XXVIII: Every Pony In This Thread Is CRAZY!

I'll throw this out there since we're ten pages away.

Crazy? Whose's crazy?
I Just want to help my friends learn about friendship!

Grif
2011-10-16, 06:22 PM
*Midnight, who has gotten so good at detecting hidden ponies, seems to flick that tail playfully in Lyra's direction. Maybe, Possibly. :smallwink:

*drools, takes out camera and begin snapping photos.*
Lyra, you disgust me.
... I can do this all day...

Lix Lorn
2011-10-16, 06:22 PM
*Midnight grins playfully.

"My, I'm doing a good job, if I can make you flush and squeak like that, teacher..."

She gives Lixie an affectionate nuzzle and kiss, which is about as close as you can get without having to pull the curtain on the scene. :smallwink:
"I uh-" blush! "Yesverywell."

Seconded.

Beeskee
2011-10-16, 06:27 PM
Best i can think of is trying to crop out the cameo of Derpy in this picture (http://4.bp.blogspot.com/-n4jy8of3Ajo/Tpf0KTVibDI/AAAAAAAAOFo/NDi4yrB5Miw/s1600/Clipboard01.jpg)... its seriously creepy once you see it but the resolution may not be high enough for use as an avatar. (That said, I'm sure there's a bigger version of the original pic on Deviant Art or something)

... I just saw it. That IS creepy.

Derpy is WATCHING YOU!

Beeskee seems greatly relieved at that. Knowing that if anything is fishy, Midnight could probably level the place on her own, nevermind if her parents get involved too. She barely refrains from both letting out an audiable sigh of relief and grinning, since now if anything is weird about this it will no doubt attract the attention of Trixie, Twilight, and possibly Luna and Celestia. She doesn't want to tip off the newcomer though. "I'm sure we can come up with something appropriate."

For the record, she is indeed where I got the characteristics from, I played the stuffing out of Darkstalkers when I was younger. :smallbiggrin:

It seems to fit. :smallbiggrin:

"Yes, hehe, yes, the more the merrier, eh?" The stallion rubs his hooves together while laughing softly to himself.

I think that's kinda up to you? It was your suggestion. :smallsmile: Just don't paint yourself into a corner RP-wise, leaving options open is a good general rule. I tend to be more 'reactive' when RPing than 'active', something I'm trying to work on, but I've done more playing than DMing though so I'm more used to responding to something than initiating it. Not counting flirting with Midnight. *blush*

The filly suddenly feels a little less sure of this plan, given the stallion's apparent comfort with dealing with a known powerful unicorn, but things are in motion one way or another. "I didn't catch your name, sir..."

---

My Little Pony XXVIII: HAI GURLZ

I like it. :smallbiggrin:

Grif
2011-10-16, 06:29 PM
Fourthing My Little Pony XXVIII: HAI GURLZ.

Because !Twilight is well on its way to becoming a meme on its own.

Trixie
2011-10-16, 06:30 PM
Seconded.

Should I change thread title since we have 3 votes for XXVII already? :P

Tectonic Robot
2011-10-16, 06:31 PM
Beeskee seems greatly relieved at that. Knowing that if anything is fishy, Midnight could probably level the place on her own, nevermind if her parents get involved too. She barely refrains from both letting out an audiable sigh of relief and grinning, since now if anything is weird about this it will no doubt attract the attention of Trixie, Twilight, and possibly Luna and Celestia. She doesn't want to tip off the newcomer though. "I'm sure we can come up with something appropriate."

The filly suddenly feels a little less sure of this plan, given the stallion's apparent comfort with dealing with a known powerful unicorn, but things are in motion one way or another. "I didn't catch your name, sir..."

"Oh, you can just call me... Honest. Honest L. Believable. The L stands for Lee, yeah, that's it. Let's just uh, step outside, and walk over that way, ok?"

Nameless
2011-10-16, 06:32 PM
It is a happy place! Just look at all the Twilight smiles. http://i.imgur.com/2lTPE.png

They're looking into my soul. http://i.imgur.com/Npxit.png

Hi Everypony! (http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=UKkA7JJS6bM) Did somepony mention that they have a problem? I'm always happy to help a friend. You know what they say, "A friend in need is a friend indeed!"

Oh, thank you. Please keep Twilight away from me from now on. I actually had nighmares last night. http://i.imgur.com/pUT8r.png

Are you sure you're happy? You can tell me your true feelings...

How about I just keep them bottled up like I usually do? http://i.imgur.com/EvxT1.png

*licks*

So happy.

I hope I taste alright. Because I smell like hair dye right now. http://i.imgur.com/UwGCn.png

No... PLEASE! Don't hurt me! I have family and friends!
Take them instead!

Hurray! *cuddles*

Vorpalbob
2011-10-16, 06:42 PM
I have the stupidest grin right now. Have a cookie.

Yay Cookie! NOM

Beeskee
2011-10-16, 06:43 PM

"Oh, you can just call me... Honest. Honest L. Believable. The L stands for Lee, yeah, that's it. Let's just uh, step outside, and walk over that way, ok?"

Beeskee barely refrains from giggling at that. "Nice to meet you Mr. Believable. Hrm... I knew a Johnny Evilpony (http://www.vgcats.com/comics/?strip_id=47) once, you remind me a bit of him. Do you know him? Distant relation?" She waits for Midnight to join them first, and follows him out...

Edit: I have this feeling she's going to end up in some risque club or pulling carts underground or something, lol.

Gamerlord
2011-10-16, 06:47 PM
Wow, so many pages since I left!
Anyway, just wanted everyone to know I have returned from Comic Con, it was pretty fun. And if anyone is curious if I saw any pony cosplayers, I did not. In fact, I saw almost nothing pony releated.
@Ep 6 details:
Oh joy, another CMC episode. :smallannoyed: The synopsis sounds kind of interesting, but status quo will no doubt rear it's ugly head at the end and Applebloom will stay a blank flank.

SlyGuyMcFly
2011-10-16, 06:50 PM
Trust me, everyone is together in that boat.

At least it's not a ship right?

EsperDerek
2011-10-16, 06:52 PM
"Don't you worry yourself one little bit, Midnight. Momma Twilight has just the book to solve all your problems. It says right here in On Death and Dying by Elisabeth Clopper-Ross (http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/K%C3%BCbler-Ross_model) that denial is the first stage of going through grief."

"Let's see... it says the next stage is anger, so all we need to do is make you angry and we'll be moving right along. You'll be better in no time, and all by the book!"

http://i.imgur.com/BgqS5.png

As a side note, if I keep making icons at this rate, I might as well create my own Imgur account.

*SuccuMidnight's eye twitches slightly, and she throws up her hooves in irritation, her new wings matching suit!.

"Oh, for petessake, I'm not attracted to my Momma Twilight! She's my Mom! I don't have an Opedius complex! Even if Momma Twilight is actually 'Dad'!"

The ponythread, of course! :smallbiggrin:

*drools, takes out camera and begin snapping photos.*
Lyra, you disgust me.
... I can do this all day...

*Midnight tilts her head back, and calls out. "I hope that those pictures turn out well, Lyra! You might want to turn off the flash next time if you're being stealthy!"

She seems a little more brazen in this form, that's for sure.

"I uh-" blush! "Yesverywell."

"I look forwards to our next...private lesson, Mistress Lixie!" :smallredface:

The stallion stares at this display with one eyebrow raised, slightly leaning backwards as it continues. "That's... kind of odd.", he says.

"Oh, of course, of course, suit yourself! You just need to promise to do what I ask, see? Oh, and uh, why are you suddenly a mare? With wings on your head?

*Midnight giggles softly, and flaps those little wings.

"Well, it was all sort of a weird situation, but in general, it's because I wanted to be. I'm a very talented magician, you see. Have you heard of me before? Or my parents? You do seem to be rather new here."

*Midnight gives Beeskee a comforting pat, not seeming to be too concerned herself that the stallion is rather comfortable around her. After all, it's entirely possible he doesn't know who she is. Plus, even if he does, she's relatively sure she can handle it. Probably.

"We'll put on something spectacular! After all, my Momma was an orphan when she was a child, and such bad things happened to her because of it. We should made these little colt and fillies lives a little brighter."

"...You cannot be serious. That cannot possibly be your real name."

erikun
2011-10-16, 07:00 PM
*SuccuMidnight's eye twitches slightly, and she throws up her hooves in irritation, her new wings matching suit!.

"Oh, for petessake, I'm not attracted to my Momma Twilight! She's my Mom! I don't have an Opedius complex! Even if Momma Twilight is actually 'Dad'!"
http://i.imgur.com/KLXX3.png
"Oh, goody! That certainly sounded like a healthy amount of angry to me! I bet we're all feeling better already. Now, on to 'Bargaining'."

"Hmm, I wonder how that would work in this situation."
http://i.imgur.com/I0AiJ.png

Kindablue
2011-10-16, 07:03 PM
Drawfriends stuff:
http://2.bp.blogspot.com/-mep1ABRGVRQ/TpteossOZoI/AAAAAAAAOXI/Lh2bD3lGdQA/s1600/71956+-+Harry_the_bear+artist+cartoonlion+bear+cub+filly+ fluttershy.png

http://fc09.deviantart.net/fs71/f/2011/289/0/8/so_far_away__luna_by_sugiko-d4d0zdk.png (http://sugiko.deviantart.com/art/far-away-263745560)

http://fc01.deviantart.net/fs70/f/2011/288/c/d/the__worst__possible__thing__by_jiayi-d4cyqcl.png (http://jiayi.deviantart.com/art/THE-WORST-POSSIBLE-THING-263640549)

http://th05.deviantart.net/fs70/PRE/i/2011/288/e/a/apples_to_apples_by_candracar272-d4cz19k.png (http://candracar272.deviantart.com/art/apples-to-apples-263654696)

http://th03.deviantart.net/fs71/PRE/i/2011/289/a/0/aerial_skirmish_by_equestria_prevails-d4d1tp3.jpg (http://equestria-prevails.deviantart.com/art/Aerial-Skirmish-263784855)

http://th05.deviantart.net/fs71/PRE/f/2011/289/9/3/rainbow_dash_laborwork_by_lebenitois-d4d0hmy.png (http://lebenitois.deviantart.com/art/Rainbow-Dash-laborwork-263722570)

http://fc08.deviantart.net/fs70/f/2011/289/4/2/4288f6797fe8e54660999def0604e0ce-d4cz9nk.png (http://foxinshadow.deviantart.com/art/Ahaha-it-s-friendship-time-263665568)

Thanqol
2011-10-16, 07:12 PM
"Oh, goody! That certainly sounded like a healthy amount of angry to me! I bet we're all feeling better already. Now, on to 'Bargaining'."

"Midnight, how much do you want to confess your true feelings about your father? A doubling of your allowance? A tripling?"

Wait, bargained-with is the same as bargain-ing, right?

"How about I waive my fee? Psychotherapy is expensive, or so I've read!"

Roninhirox
2011-10-16, 07:24 PM
Hey pony thread I am back from con and still mostly alive. It was a blast and I came back with tons of swag, merch, and pictures. And once I have a few hours to sit down and relax I will post some of the more pony related pictures and maybe a few others. Well see you guys on the other side of an over night shift.

Beeskee
2011-10-16, 07:30 PM

*Midnight gives Beeskee a comforting pat, not seeming to be too concerned herself that the stallion is rather comfortable around her. After all, it's entirely possible he doesn't know who she is. Plus, even if he does, she's relatively sure she can handle it. Probably.

"We'll put on something spectacular! After all, my Momma was an orphan when she was a child, and such bad things happened to her because of it. We should made these little colt and fillies lives a little brighter."

The younger pony is certainly comforted by that, perking up slightly. What was she worried about, anyway? This was going to be FUN! "I'm sure we'll put on a memorable performance."

Beeskee totally didn't want to say anything about his name.

Pokonic
2011-10-16, 07:35 PM
How about I just keep them bottled up like I usually do?
Yeah, go with this. It works fine with me! "twich"

Tectonic Robot
2011-10-16, 07:38 PM
Beeskee barely refrains from giggling at that. "Nice to meet you Mr. Believable. Hrm... I knew a Johnny Evilpony (http://www.vgcats.com/comics/?strip_id=47) once, you remind me a bit of him. Do you know him? Distant relation?" She waits for Midnight to join them first, and follows him out...

Edit: I have this feeling she's going to end up in some risque club or pulling carts underground or something, lol.

Never heard of him! Sounds like he might make a good employee, though. Where did you say he lived?

*Midnight giggles softly, and flaps those little wings.

"Well, it was all sort of a weird situation, but in general, it's because I wanted to be. I'm a very talented magician, you see. Have you heard of me before? Or my parents? You do seem to be rather new here."

The stallion stops for a moment, and stares at her with a neutral expression on his face. "Talented, you say? Exactly how talented? And why can't it be name? I'll have you know my parents were very eccentric..."

SiuiS
2011-10-16, 07:38 PM
La-lala-lala-lala-lala...

*happens to walk by a mirror*

Oh, my hat seems to be—

http://3.bp.blogspot.com/-MUQAsYNc7Tg/TpowMrQoCdI/AAAAAAAAOVQ/RTyiwpZIIgg/s1600/happy_halloween__pinkie_by_bitter_knitter-d4cqufn.jpg

I-I-I-I bu-bu-bububuh...

BLLEEEEAKBAAAANE!

what the HAY?!?

Brazen Shield
2011-10-16, 07:45 PM

Oh, my hat seems to be—

http://3.bp.blogspot.com/-MUQAsYNc7Tg/TpowMrQoCdI/AAAAAAAAOVQ/RTyiwpZIIgg/s1600/happy_halloween__pinkie_by_bitter_knitter-d4cqufn.jpg

I-I-I-I bu-bu-bububuh...

BLLEEEEAKBAAAANE!

what the HAY?!?

Totally NOT male.

Beeskee
2011-10-16, 07:48 PM

Never heard of him! Sounds like he might make a good employee, though. Where did you say he lived?

"Oh, he moved around a lot. Sold a lot of interesting things too. I think he was branching out into the candy business..."

(Strawberry balls and pocky lol)

Thanqol
2011-10-16, 07:49 PM
Guys, that enormous 'Bleakbane' is hella stretching the screen.

Shadowy
2011-10-16, 07:50 PM

Oh, my hat seems to be—

I-I-I-I bu-bu-bububuh...

BBBBBBLLLLLLEEEEEEEEEAKBAAAAAAAAANNNNNE!

what the HAY?!?

Something seem different with SiuiS?

Not that I can see.

Do you have a problem I could help with?

Brazen Shield
2011-10-16, 07:52 PM
Guys, that enormous 'Bleakbane' is hella stretching the screen.

Yeah, I just told him about that and the missing end quote in the spoiler box. Should be fixed soon.

EsperDerek
2011-10-16, 07:55 PM

"Midnight, how much do you want to confess your true feelings about your father? A doubling of your allowance? A tripling?"

Wait, bargained-with is the same as bargain-ing, right?

"How about I waive my fee? Psychotherapy is expensive, or so I've read!"

*SuccuMidnight pauses for a moment. Trying to convince these strange Twilights normally doesn't seem to be working at all, so, maybe...

She throws herself dramatically on a couch she manifests with her magic!

"Oh, Celestia, you're right! I have been so attracted to my Momma for so long! Please, take me now! I give my love and heart to you!"

She sighs dramatically, putting all her best acting skills into it!

The younger pony is certainly comforted by that, perking up slightly. What was she worried about, anyway? This was going to be FUN! "I'm sure we'll put on a memorable performance."

Beeskee totally didn't want to say anything about his name.

*Midnight grins softly. "I might have to borrow my Momma's cape and hat for this one. The Magnificent Midnight and the Brilliant Beeskee shall wow everypony!"

The stallion stops for a moment, and stares at her with a neutral expression on his face. "Talented, you say? Exactly how talented? And why can't it be name? I'll have you know my parents were very eccentric..."

*Midnight smirks slightly.

"Clearly they were. And while I don't like to brag, I am considered to be quite talented at my craft..."

"Oh, he moved around a lot. Sold a lot of interesting things too. I think he was branching out into the candy business..."

(Strawberry balls and pocky lol)

Midnight simply snickers at this. :smallbiggrin:

Thanqol
2011-10-16, 07:59 PM
*SuccuMidnight pauses for a moment. Trying to convince these strange Twilights normally doesn't seem to be working at all, so, maybe...

She throws herself dramatically on a couch she manifests with her magic!

"Oh, Celestia, you're right! I have been so attracted to my Momma for so long! Please, take me now! I give my love and heart to you!"

She sighs dramatically, putting all her best acting skills into it!

"Oh look! Acceptance!"

"Wait. She skipped Depression."

"That can't be right. Denial, anger, bargaining, depression, acceptance."

"We can't have that. That's not by the book."

"Guess we're going to have to help her get back into Despair."

"It'd be unhealthy to do otherwise."

Tectonic Robot
2011-10-16, 07:59 PM
Oh dear lord this page stretch! SiuiS, spoiler your post for the sake of the thread!

*Midnight grins softly. "I might have to borrow my Momma's cape and hat for this one. The Magnificent Midnight and the Brilliant Beeskee shall wow everypony!"

*Midnight smirks slightly. "Clearly they were.

And while I don't like to brag, I am considered to be quite talented at my craft..."

The trench-coated stallion starts heading down the road, and says "what exactly is your craft, then? And yes, eccentric, let's talk about this never." He looks back at them bemusedly.

(Holy cow that's a word?)

Aotrs Commander
2011-10-16, 08:00 PM

Oh, my hat seems to be—

I-I-I-I bu-bu-bububuh...

BLLEEEEAKBAAAANE!

what the HAY?!?

Ah...

Uh-oh.

Yes...

About that...

I suppose it was too much to hope that you would live the rest of your life in blissful oblivion of the horrible fate bestowed upon you, wasn't it?

Totally NOT male.

Um...

Well, you see, ahaha, there is a perfectly logical explanation for your current situation. It wasn't so much as that I lied, per se, as much as it was that I LOOK, BALLOONS!

*flees*

Shadowy
2011-10-16, 08:03 PM
"Oh look! Acceptance!"

Obviously help is the key!

*flees*

Don't you live on a spaceship? Where exactly can you flee to?

Zevox
2011-10-16, 08:05 PM
Seconded, definitely seconded.

Zevox

Brazen Shield
2011-10-16, 08:08 PM
Oh dear lord this page stretch! SiuiS, spoiler your post for the sake of the thread!

Hey, it's Shadowy's fault now. Nothing we can do :(

Edit:

Crisis averted!! Yay!!

Beeskee
2011-10-16, 08:14 PM

"Ooh, that has a nice ring to it." She trots along next to the other two ponies, looking forward to the event regardless of how it might turn out. It promises to be interesting, at least. "Hrm, I don't think I ever even considered trying magical things. Of course, I can't do unicorn magic, but maybe there are some tricks I could do." Heh.

Midnight simply snickers at this. :smallbiggrin:

I love VGCats, hehe.

It is so totally weird (re)watching Firefly while reading PonyThread.

Aotrs Commander
2011-10-16, 08:15 PM
Don't you live on a spaceship? Where exactly can you flee to?

The dude is an epic-level spellcaster with access Gate spells and/or Gate technology that can create an intersystem, interdimensional or even intertemporal corridor. Better question is where can't he flee to...

That said, he could just be cowering in the crawl spaces in engineering bulkheads again...

*sigh*

I suppose I better go search for him.

This could take a while, folks...

Geno9999
2011-10-16, 08:17 PM
"Oh look! Acceptance!"

I'll help! I'll say something depressing!
*reenters wearing a purple snake costume*
Rawr, I'm a scary snake! Aren't I depressing? (http://www.homestarrunner.com/dumpingtontoon.html)

MCerberus
2011-10-16, 08:18 PM
*flies over thread*
I approve

EsperDerek
2011-10-16, 08:19 PM
"Oh look! Acceptance!"

Obviously help is the key!

*Midnight pauses, openign an eye, and then lets out a soft sigh.

"Okay, time for Plan C. RUN AWAY!"

Her horn glows brilliantly, and she teleports away!

The trench-coated stallion starts heading down the road, and says "what exactly is your craft, then? And yes, eccentric, let's talk about this never." He looks back at them bemusedly.

(Holy cow that's a word?)

*Midnight tilts her head, smiling slightly.

"I'm a fortune-teller, of course! Can't you tell my the tarot card on my flank here? I can tell the future, you know. Plus, some minor magical show talents, that I've picked up here and there."

"Ooh, that has a nice ring to it." She trots along next to the other two ponies, looking forward to the event regardless of how it might turn out. It promises to be interesting, at least. "Hrm, I don't think I ever even considered trying magical things. Of course, I can't do unicorn magic, but maybe there are some tricks I could do." Heh.

*Midnight nods knowingly, and is keeping a very cautious eye out, both for her sake, and Beeskee's own. If anything bad were to happen, she's the one who is most likely to be able to get htem out of it.

"Slight of hoof is just as important as actual magic is, for putting on a good show."

EDIT: Apologies. Boy, we've all broken a few of the informal forum rules today, haven't we? :smallwink:

Beeskee
2011-10-16, 08:32 PM

"I'm a fortune-teller, of course! Can't you tell my the tarot card on my flank here? I can tell the future, you know. Plus, some minor magical show talents, that I've picked up here and there."

*Midnight nods knowingly, and is keeping a very cautious eye out, both for her sake, and Beeskee's own. If anything bad were to happen, she's the one who is most likely to be able to get htem out of it.

"Slight of hoof is just as important as actual magic is, for putting on a good show."

Beeskee smiles at Midnight's descriptions of her talents. "Yes, and quite a good one from what I understand." She keeps an eye out as well, though with less experience she's less certain as to what exactly she should be looking for. Still, something about 'Mr. Believable' leaves her wary. She hopes she won't be useless if push comes to shove, but as an earth pony her options are limited. Still, anyone who underestimates ponies because of their lack of magic or wings is usually in for a surprise. This simple fact helps put her mind at ease somewhat. She trots quickly to keep up with the two slightly larger ponies. "That sounds like useful advice to remember. I never even considered trying magic. I'll have to see what I can do."

Sorry lol, I didn't realize how spammy we were making things.

I went back and spoilered the last few pages of RP. I couldn't think of a better name for it so I called it "Honesty" - hopefully it will be easier to find for those who do want to read it.

AlterForm
2011-10-16, 08:43 PM
Politely, guys, I think the RP has passed our "it should go in spoilers now" threshold.

Pokonic
2011-10-16, 08:47 PM
Politely, guys, I think the RP has passed our "it should go in spoilers now" threshold.

Indeed. I have to admit I have stopped visting this thread as much as I would have liked to due to the roleplay making it hard to find a conversation to pick up on.

Originally Posted by Soras Teva Gee

Oh yeah, seconded.

Heh, its funny because its true!

Kris Strife
2011-10-16, 08:52 PM
IKEA Erotica

I'll probably regret this, but what does this term mean? :smallconfused:

"Helping" Midnight

"I can help!"

"I can help here too!" He hands Midnight an envelope full of photos.

And an unrelated pic I found.
http://img.ponibooru.org/_images/31d9d59d85eff72af066a90604763905/72450%20-%20The_Great_And_Powerful_Trixie%20Trixie%20artist %3Avalcron%20comic%20fix%20magic_kindergarten%20tw ilight_sparkle.png

Dirtbag
2011-10-16, 08:52 PM
Okee Dokee Lokee.

Since I have no way to do a batch job removing the backgrounds so they look clean and pretty like this:http://i1197.photobucket.com/albums/aa421/Ballziggler/01-2.png

Is it okay to settle with this:http://i1197.photobucket.com/albums/aa421/Ballziggler/01D.png

The latter I can have done 10 seconds flat, the other I would have to do each image by hand and I don't want to do 75 images by hand.

If the latter is too ugly (I don't like it but if everypony else is happy...) to be alive then I have no problem doing the first, but I'd like everypony to pick out the ones they think could be used for emotes. That way I don't have to waste time on ones that wont be used. Use this (http://s1197.photobucket.com/albums/aa421/Ballziggler/) for now as I don't know any other image hosting thing yet. Imgur looks pretty so I'll look into that.

Name them off by the numbers they are named with. Ex: 01, 02, 03, etc.
Thank you for your cooperation.

Zevox
2011-10-16, 08:54 PM
Well, this was inevitable (http://ponibooru.413chan.net/post/view/72388). (I would link the image directly, but it's not showing up properly in the preview for some reason.)

Zevox

Istari
2011-10-16, 08:54 PM
I'm working on turning my pony from the deviantart pony creator into my avatar, but I'm having some problems getting it sized correctly. Any tips?

Mando Knight
2011-10-16, 08:59 PM

It's a TV Tropes term (http://tvtropes.org/pmwiki/pmwiki.php/Main/IKEAErotica). To explain it without requiring you to go waste another couple hours: IKEA, as you might know, is a brand of cheap, basic, ready-to-assemble furniture. IKEA Erotica does not in fact refer to erotica involving furniture (that would be a Cargo Ship (http://tvtropes.org/pmwiki/pmwiki.php/Main/CargoShip)) or the company itself. It refers to the style of documentation used for the brand's instructions for assembling the furniture... that is, the erotica reads very much like "insert tab A into slot A," and often turns out to be every bit as boring. It is quite common in poorly written amateur works, such as bad fanfiction.

Due to the nature of the content it is failing to describe, any fiction featuring this is automatically NSFW... though it can be used as a manner of slipping sexual remarks past the censors in otherwise fairly standard fare as well...

Dirtbag
2011-10-16, 09:07 PM
I'm working on turning my pony from the deviantart pony creator into my avatar, but I'm having some problems getting it sized correctly. Any tips?

What program are you using? If Photoshop, simply press Image<Image Size Then change the width/height of pixel dimensions to 120/120.

Then at the bottom of the floating menu their is a drop down box that says "Bicubic (best for smooth gradients)." Change that to "Bicubic Sharper (best for reduction)." Click ok. Then save it as a PNG and do the happy dance.

If Paint... I don't know. I can do it for you?

Tectonic Robot
2011-10-16, 09:09 PM
Honesty

Any particular reason we're calling it Honesty?
"Tricks, er yes, of course. Because we're doing a magic show for orphans, right." "Mr. Honesty" stops for a moment, and looks as if he's going over something in his head. He shrugs and keeps on walking.

EDIT: Apologies. Boy, we've all broken a few of the informal forum rules today, haven't we? :smallwink:

Honesty
Fortune telling? How interesting. Let's no longer talk about that. Oh, what an odd piece of road. Let's stop here and look at it.

Beeskee smiles at Midnight's descriptions of her talents. "Yes, and quite a good one from what I understand." She keeps an eye out as well, though with less experience she's less certain as to what exactly she should be looking for. Still, something about 'Mr. Believable' leaves her wary. She hopes she won't be useless if push comes to shove, but as an earth pony her options are limited. Still, anyone who underestimates ponies because of their lack of magic or wings is usually in for a surprise. This simple fact helps put her mind at ease somewhat. She trots quickly to keep up with the two slightly larger ponies. "That sounds like useful advice to remember. I never even considered trying magic. I'll have to see what I can do."

Oh, a good fortune teller as well. Whatever. The stallion begins banging on the ground where he stopped in a strange and rhythmic fashion. "Oh dear, I'm so itchy, I am hopping up on down." Although he says it extremely woodenly, his words feel... truthful, almost paradoxically.

Edit: YO DAWG I HEARD YOU LIKED SPOILERS SO I SPOILED SPOILERS IN YOUR SPOILERS SO YOU CAN SPOILER SPOILS WHILE YOU SPOIL.

That's possibly the weirdest sentence I've ever typed out in my entire life.

EsperDerek
2011-10-16, 09:11 PM

"Helping" Midnight

"I can help!"

"I can help here too!" He hands Midnight an envelope full of photos.

*Midnight goes scarlet when she sees the photos in the envelope (that she got in PM, too!). She looks at Leo, her cheeks red.

"This isn't helping! This isn't helping at all! Why are you showing me these!? Oh, why does everypony think I should have an Opedius complex?!"

It's a TV Tropes term (http://tvtropes.org/pmwiki/pmwiki.php/Main/IKEAErotica). To explain it without requiring you to go waste another couple hours: IKEA, as you might know, is a brand of cheap, basic, ready-to-assemble furniture. IKEA Erotica does not in fact refer to erotica involving furniture (that would be a Cargo Ship (http://tvtropes.org/pmwiki/pmwiki.php/Main/CargoShip)) or the company itself. It refers to the style of documentation used for the brand's instructions for assembling the furniture... that is, the erotica reads very much like "insert tab A into slot A," and often turns out to be every bit as boring. It is quite common in poorly written amateur works, such as bad fanfiction.

Due to the nature of the content it is failing to describe, any fiction featuring this is automatically NSFW... though it can be used as a manner of slipping sexual remarks past the censors in otherwise fairly standard fare as well...

Technically NSFW, even if they're about as, uh, erotic as those aforementioned Ikea instructions. I think I used one by accident to put the desk I bought together one day.

Honesty
Midnight tilts her head, watching the strange pony's even stranger behavior. She looks back over at Beeskee, and then sighs.

"This is just kind of getting sad, isn't it?"

She looks back at the strange pony.

"Alright, pal, what are you really up to, here? You're lying worse than I do, and believe me, I'm a terrible liar.

Neoseanster
2011-10-16, 09:12 PM
Decided to take my bi-yearly visit to VG Cats to see if they put up a new comic or two in the last months since I peeked, and lo and behold!

A brief pony reference!

http://www.vgcats.com/comics/images/110906.jpg

Soon, everypony will know about the magic of friendship, and all their problems will be solved!

But... but what will I write my letters about then? We can't have that... there will always be problems.

Problems I can help to... solve... we'll have to make sure of that!

Mando Knight
2011-10-16, 09:12 PM
If Paint... I don't know. I can do it for you?

If you're using Paint, the first step would be to go to places like this (http://www.gimp.org/) or this (http://www.getpaint.net/) or this (http://inkscape.org/).

Decided to take my bi-yearly visit to VG Cats to see if they put up a new comic or two in the last months since I peeked, and lo and behold! A brief pony reference!
Oh, he made a reference long before that (http://www.vgcats.com/comics/?strip_id=304). (Yes, it's only two strips back, but that's, like, the beginning of the summer or something given the update period.) Don't see it? Look at the first panel. The computer's wallpaper is at least 20% cooler than the entire rest of the page.

Vent Reynolt
2011-10-16, 09:16 PM
*Opens up latest page of Ponythread*

*Sees quote talking about SuccuMidnight*

Just another day of Ponysanity.

Now time to find out the context...

Tectonic Robot
2011-10-16, 09:17 PM
Honesty

The stallion stares at Midnight, looks around, and says, "whatever could you possibly me-" when suddenly a bone chilling scream is heard from around the next bend! Mr. Honest jumps a good three feet in the air and spins around, all blood draining from his face. "What in the name of Crunch's diamond teeth was that!"

Edit: Aw, darn it, I need to go sleep. Sorry guys...

Neoseanster
2011-10-16, 09:19 PM
Oh, he made a reference long before that (http://www.vgcats.com/comics/?strip_id=304). (Yes, it's only two strips back, but that's, like, the beginning of the summer or something given the update period.) Don't see it? Look at the first panel. The computer's wallpaper is at least 20% cooler than the entire rest of the page.

I failed my spot check. ;-; I actually did read that one, too, but missed it! I has a sad now.

byaku rai
2011-10-16, 09:21 PM
... Maybe if I lurk a little longer all the crazy will go away...

... And maybe a Princess Luna plushie will just spontaneously appear in my mailbox...

Oh well. back to lurking. Looking forward to next week.

... And I promise there'll be a story update soon, it's just that the last couple days have had me running ragged.

EsperDerek
2011-10-16, 09:27 PM
*Opens up latest page of Ponythread*

*Sees quote talking about SuccuMidnight*

Just another day of Ponysanity.

Now time to find out the context...

Ponysanity is the best. :smallwink:

... Maybe if I lurk a little longer all the crazy will go away...

... And maybe a Princess Luna plushie will just spontaneously appear in my mailbox...

Oh well. back to lurking. Looking forward to next week.

... And I promise there'll be a story update soon, it's just that the last couple days have had me running ragged.

No, see, the crazy doesn't go away, it just keeps mutating into different and more interesting forms. :smallbiggrin:

Jahkaivah
2011-10-16, 09:28 PM
Hey guys.

http://i28.photobucket.com/albums/c226/saxcsa/CrazyPony.png

What's going on in this thread?

Topaz
2011-10-16, 09:31 PM
... I just saw it. That IS creepy.

Derpy is WATCHING YOU!
Want an avatar?
http://i245.photobucket.com/albums/gg62/HybridFeline/CreepyDerpy.png

Drawfriends stuff:
I see you spared the thread, but I shall not be so kind (bwa ha ha!):

WARNING! LEVEL FIVE CUTENESS ALERT!
http://3.bp.blogspot.com/-aMfZiaQdkNE/TptezDzQjgI/AAAAAAAAOaA/9SJolDUgAtU/s1600/a_gift_horse_by_kp_shadowsquirrel-d4czpvz.jpg

Something seem different with SiuiS?
Not that I can see.
Do you have a problem I could help with?
Aren't you supposed to be helping find Berry Ann? http://i.imgur.com/7Yvwk.png

If you're using Paint, the first step would be to go to places like this (http://www.gimp.org/) or this (http://www.getpaint.net/) or this (http://inkscape.org/).
Or if you don't need a full-blown art package, IrfanView (http://www.irfanview.com/) works really well for me.

Beeskee
2011-10-16, 09:33 PM

Any particular reason we're calling it Honesty?

"Tricks, er yes, of course. Because we're doing a magic show for orphans, right." "Mr. Honesty" stops for a moment, and looks as if he's going over something in his head. He shrugs and keeps on walking.

Fortune telling? How interesting. Let's no longer talk about that. Oh, what an odd piece of road. Let's stop here and look at it.

Oh, a good fortune teller as well. Whatever. The stallion begins banging on the ground where he stopped in a strange and rhythmic fashion. "Oh dear, I'm so itchy, I am hopping up on down." Although he says it extremely woodenly, his words feel... truthful, almost paradoxically.

Edit: YO DAWG I HEARD YOU LIKED SPOILERS SO I SPOILED SPOILERS IN YOUR SPOILERS SO YOU CAN SPOILER SPOILS WHILE YOU SPOIL.

That's possibly the weirdest sentence I've ever typed out in my entire life.

That's, uh, maybe a bit too many nested spoilers. :smallbiggrin:

I called it Honesty because Mr. Honest L. Believable is lying about something. :smallwink: It's also short to type but infrequently used in conversation so anyone looking to read the RP can find it more easily.

Beeskee innocently asks, "Do you think they'd like us to do some tricks?"

She blinks at what he says, and considers the piece of road that seems to have drawn his attention. There doesn't appear to be anything remarkable to it, to her eyes at least.

She backs up a bit when he begins to stomp though, glancing at Midnight in confusion. "Er, are you okay there, Mr. Believable?"

(oops, more responses came in as I was writing this)

Midnight tilts her head, watching the strange pony's even stranger behavior. She looks back over at Beeskee, and then sighs.

"This is just kind of getting sad, isn't it?"

She looks back at the strange pony.

"Alright, pal, what are you really up to, here? You're lying worse than I do, and believe me, I'm a terrible liar.

Beeskee blinks, just as confused as Midnight, not really having any idea what the odd pony is up to at this point. The only thing she can think to do is check the ground beneath her hooves and make sure it's not about to collapse or anything.

The stallion stares at Midnight, looks around, and says, "whatever could you possibly me-" when suddenly a bone chilling scream is heard from around the next bend! Mr. Honest jumps a good three feet in the air and spins around, all blood draining from his face. "What in the name of Crunch's diamond teeth was that!"

Edit: Aw, darn it, I need to go sleep. Sorry guys...

Beeskee's ears perk up and she goes wide-eyed at the sound of the scream, looking all around to try and figure out what could be causing it. "Oh my! What was that?!"

Whups, no problem, g'night. :smallsmile:

I think I missed responding to the Berry Ann RP too, but I'm not sure...

Decided to take my bi-yearly visit to VG Cats to see if they put up a new comic or two in the last months since I peeked, and lo and behold!

A brief pony reference!

He actually did a whole pony comic, but there were negative reactions to it so he pulled it. That made me wonder how many comics he's decided "weren't good enough" and taken them down after posting, or not posted at all.

I have it saved, but be warned, it's either very disturbing or "laugh out loud" hilarious. Or possibly both. I'll post a link if folks want.

Want an avatar?

Got it, thanks. :smallbiggrin:

Forum Explorer
2011-10-16, 09:37 PM
just finished reading the Silent Ponyville fic series. The series is so good it actually makes the unbearable and infamous Cupcakes (Don't read it!) tolerable.

And I really really hate Cupcakes (Don't read it!). To the point where I seriously thought about learning how to program a virus to bring down that page.

BlasTech
2011-10-16, 09:43 PM
just finished reading the Silent Ponyville fic series. The series is so good it actually makes the unbearable and infamous Cupcakes (Don't read it!) tolerable.

And I really really hate Cupcakes (Don't read it!). To the point where I seriously thought about learning how to program a virus to bring down that page.

... Er, is this meant to be a compliment for the series? Saying it makes a horrible thing seem good by comparison is normally reserved for something even worse ... or am I just missing the point? =/

Kris Strife
2011-10-16, 09:43 PM
*Midnight goes scarlet when she sees the photos in the envelope (that she got in PM, too!). She looks at Leo, her cheeks red.

"This isn't helping! This isn't helping at all! Why are you showing me these!? Oh, why does everypony think I should have an Opedius complex?!"

Leo raises an eyebrow curiously. "Personally, I'm more interested in that you asked why I'm giving them to you instead of how I got them..."

OOC: There was nothing overt in the pics I found, but I decided to err on the side of caution with it. The one I posted has to do with Magic Kindergarten and Twixie. :smalltongue:

Topaz
2011-10-16, 09:49 PM
FFRP: Blue Ponies Yay!

Yeah, tell me about it. A weather unicorn? How strange is that?

So, What makes you so interested in flying unicorns anyway? Just how in Equestria did somepony this quiet catch your attention at all?
Autumn, that's not re-
Oh, right, sorry. I don't want to mess up your date.
It's Not A Date!
Oh, good, then you won't mind if I stay around for a while.
Topaz blinks and pulls back just a little. Oh, well, I'm kind of a flying unicorn myself. *ahem* I mean, I noticed his cutie mark and he told me about being a weather magic unicorn and it was very interesting! I like talking to unicorns with interesting magical abilities, there's always a chance that I'll learn something myself.

Thanqol
2011-10-16, 09:49 PM
*Midnight pauses, openign an eye, and then lets out a soft sigh.

"Okay, time for Plan C. RUN AWAY!"

Her horn glows brilliantly, and she teleports away!

HELPING

"Oh no! She's back to denial! After her, girls! We've got to get her back to anger!"

"This is going to be the best lesson ever."

*Teleports after*

"MIDNIGHT, you're grounded for a month!"

Zevox
2011-10-16, 09:50 PM
... Er, is this meant to be a compliment for the series? Saying it makes a horrible thing seem good by comparison is normally reserved for something even worse ... or am I just missing the point? =/
Well, if the work he's referring to is a sequel to/spin-off of or otherwise uses material from Cupcakes, that would make it a compliment - saying that it took terrible material and made it something very good. Otherwise, you'd be correct, that would normally be an insult.

Zevox

Brazen Shield
2011-10-16, 09:55 PM
snip.

Soooooo.... I don't know you well enough to send you a random PM. This has led me to post this in-thread:
DUDE! YOU HAVE MY REAL NAME IN YOUR SCREEN NAME AND IT IS FREAKING ME OUT!!

Hahaha. Man, I'm always double-taking whenever you post!

... o.o....
*cough*
I, uh... I mean, I like your screen name...
>>

Forum Explorer
2011-10-16, 09:57 PM

Oops, I guess without context it does sound that way. :smallredface:

In the story it references Cupcakes (Don't read it!) more then once. It did so it such a way that Cupcakes (Don't read it!) became an interesting part of the plot, basically giving Cupcakes (Don't read it!) a reason to exist outside of Brony nightmares.

Or to put it another way it uses Cupcakes (Don't read it!) to make its own story better and more dramatic. More immersive if you will.

Or to put it yet another way I no longer feel massive waves of regret for reading Cupcakes (Don't read it!)

Kinda like how Rainbow Factory was made better by having an amazing song (http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=YRx_iXgLAyw). Though that is another story I would advise against reading.

EsperDerek
2011-10-16, 10:00 PM
Beeskee's ears perk up and she goes wide-eyed at the sound of the scream, looking all around to try and figure out what could be causing it. "Oh my! What was that?!"

Whups, no problem, g'night. :smallsmile:

*Midnight bristles herself, her new head wings flaring nervously as she hears that noise! She steps forwards, moving to get ready to protect Beeskee from whatever is going on! Her horn glows brilliantly.

"What on Equestria was that!?"

Leo raises an eyebrow curiously. "Personally, I'm more interested in that you asked why I'm giving them to you instead of how I got them..."

*Midnight rolls her eyes.
"Look, I'm in the middle of running away from a couple of crazy alternates of my mothers, I'm not thinking straight right now, and why DO you have these pictures ANYWAYS?!"

HELPING

"Oh no! She's back to denial! After her, girls! We've got to get her back to anger!"

"This is going to be the best lesson ever."

*Teleports after*

"MIDNIGHT, you're grounded for a month!"

"It's not denial! I can't deny something that's not there, I'm not sexually attracted to Momma Twilight!"

*She yeeps, as she's pursued, teleporting away again, trying to flee away from the Twilight!

"I'm not grounded! I'm in University now, you can't ground me!

Kindablue
2011-10-16, 10:01 PM
I think I'm going to check this "Cupcakes" thing out now, Explorer. Thanks for the recommendation.

BlasTech
2011-10-16, 10:02 PM
Oops, I guess without context it does sound that way. :smallredface:

In the story it references Cupcakes (Don't read it!) more then once. It did so it such a way that Cupcakes (Don't read it!) became an interesting part of the plot, basically giving Cupcakes (Don't read it!) a reason to exist outside of Brony nightmares.

Or to put it another way it uses Cupcakes (Don't read it!) to make its own story better and more dramatic. More immersive if you will.

Or to put it yet another way I no longer feel massive waves of regret for reading Cupcakes (Don't read it!)

Kinda like how Rainbow Factory was made better by having an amazing song (http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=YRx_iXgLAyw). Though that is another story I would advise against reading.

Well, if the work he's referring to is a sequel to/spin-off of or otherwise uses material from Cupcakes, that would make it a compliment - saying that it took terrible material and made it something very good. Otherwise, you'd be correct, that would normally be an insult.

Zevox

Oohhhhh *lightbulb goes on*

Yeah, that makes much more sense.

Heh, sorry for being confused! I blame my lack of familiarity with the premise of the source material, I thought it was just based off a video game, not that it used elements of cupcakes (Don't read it!) Oh great, now you have me doing that too! :P

(PS: Did anyone read the first sentence of ^ in Applebloom's voice? I know I did when I typed it.) :smalltongue:

Dexam
2011-10-16, 10:04 PM
In case anyone wants to know, the colours I used before were: #0099CC, #66CC99, #9999FF, and #FF99FF, in that order
Thanks! This is really helpful.

Hey guys. HAI GURLZ!

http://i28.photobucket.com/albums/c226/saxcsa/CrazyPony.png

What's going on in this thread?
Fixed that for you... http://i.imgur.com/xl9dK.png

Like it or not, the Cupcakes fanfic is now an ingrained part of some of the Brony sub-culture, and there is little you can do about that. Any attempts to "bring down the page" won't be well received, and mirror pages will pop up to replace it. I don't like that particular fic either - I don't hate it, it just made me feel nauseous reading it - but it does stretch the limits of the "love and tolerance" mantra. :smallsigh:

RP: Helping Midnight
*raises eyebrow even higher at the shenanigans*

Midnight Trixibelle Lunata Celeste Sparkle! If you don't start behaving yourself right this instant young lady, I'm sending you straight to my room!

1. I don't know if this is Midnight's full name, but it seemed appropriate, so I'm rolling with it.
2. What the hay, guy behind the keyboard? Only yesterday you started out as Celestia/Vetinari due to the "raised eyebrow" expression, but now you've already devolved the character to Molestia? Confound you, ponythread!

Beeskee
2011-10-16, 10:07 PM

*Midnight bristles herself, her new head wings flaring nervously as she hears that noise! She steps forwards, moving to get ready to protect Beeskee from whatever is going on! Her horn glows brilliantly.

"What on Equestria was that!?"

"I'm not sure, but it sounded like it came from over there." She points with a hoof in the general direction the sound came from. "I think we should go investigate. Someponies may be in trouble." She refrains from adding that, with everything going on with the very odd pony, the someponies may very well be them. Then again, possibly not. Mr. Believable seemed just as startled as they were.

Forum Explorer
2011-10-16, 10:07 PM
I think I'm going to check this "Cupcakes" thing out now, Explorer. Thanks for the recommendation.

Are you planning on sleeping anytime soon? Or are just easily disturbed? If yes then unfortantly you will regret me bringing it up.

If you insist I advise you read Silent Ponyville first.

It remains the most hated pony fic I can think of though. It deserves the [Total piece of crap] tag! :smallfurious:

Kris Strife
2011-10-16, 10:08 PM
*Midnight rolls her eyes.
"Look, I'm in the middle of running away from a couple of crazy alternates of my mothers, I'm not thinking straight right now, and why DO you have these pictures ANYWAYS?!"

"...Bonbon was having a yard sale. And I know one place you can go where they probably won't follow.

Thanqol
2011-10-16, 10:11 PM
"It's not denial! I can't deny something that's not there, I'm not sexually attracted to Momma Twilight!"

*She yeeps, as she's pursued, teleporting away again, trying to flee away from the Twilight!

"I'm not grounded! I'm in University now, you can't ground me!

HELPING

"The denial is even worse. The book doesn't say anything about backsliding!"

"Why won't she let us help her?"

"We should send her baby photos to the university newsletter!"

"That'd make anypony angry!"

Midnight Trixibelle Lunata Celeste Sparkle! If you don't start behaving yourself right this instant young lady, I'm sending you straight to my room!

1. I don't know if this is Midnight's full name, but it seemed appropriate, so I'm rolling with it.
2. What the hay, guy behind the keyboard? Only yesterday you started out as Celestia/Vetinari due to the "raised eyebrow" expression, but now you've already devolved the character to Molestia? Confound you, ponythread!

Molestia is the bestia!

Kindablue
2011-10-16, 10:12 PM
Are you planning on sleeping anytime soon? Or are just easily disturbed? If yes then unfortantly you will regret me bringing it up.

"... not soon enough," you mean? Because I'm exactly that kind of person! Thanks again!

EsperDerek
2011-10-16, 10:14 PM

*Midnight yeeps, as she hears Princess Celestia scold her...and use her full name, which only seems to happen once in a very blue moon!

"Cestya! But...but...everypony else is going weird! I'm just trying to run away and find a place to calm down and wait..."

She suddenly goes scarlet red.

"D-Did you say...your room?"

Midnight Trixibelle Lunata Celeste Sparkle!

...Bahahaha. Depending on what everypony else thinks, I might just steal that for her 'full name' indeed. Ponythread? What do you think?