PDA

View Full Version : Hexblade help.

Mockingbird
2011-10-11, 01:25 PM
Hi, I'm making a character off shapeshifting and hexbladery. :P
Here's my stats-
Changeling Hexblade 4 (this revision: https://docs.google.com/View?id=dgsxfnsp_6hc8d69gj ), Warshaper 2
Str 19 (w/ warshaper's +4)
Con 20 (w/ warshaper's +4)
Dex 14
Int 13
Wis 14
Cha 16

Feats
After I take four levels on Warshaper, I'm gonna move into Magus (Hexcrafter) for more hexes and channeling, then cross-blooded Sorcerer (abyssal and serpentine) for the natural weapons. It says for spell combat, you can make all your attacks at a -2 penalty and discharge a spell as a full-round action. Any suggestions? After that I'll probably take more magus or sorcerer, I don't know.

stack
2011-10-11, 02:50 PM
I assume you are playing pathfinder with 3.5 allowed content. I don't see much benefit to mixing three base class casters, as you will end up with low spells all around. Pick magus or hexblade, not both.

If you want natural weapons on a CHA heavy build, dip synthesist summoner. For INT heavy, going alchemist with feral mutagen would work.

Either way though, I would stick with straight class magus (hexcrafter). Losing spell recall hurts, but the unlimited nature of the hexes helps dull the pain. Slumber would be a great choice. Make sure you can either get reach or cast defensively though. Whips are fun if not perfectly optimal.

Zaq
2011-10-11, 04:00 PM
In both the base class and your revision, the DC for your Hexblade's Curse is tied to your class level, so unless you put some serious juice into debuffing enemy saving throws or supercharging your CHA, nobody's going to be affected by it before you get too much farther in. If you're just looking for Mettle, Arcane Resistance, and the Dark Companion (which, admittedly, isn't a bad package), then you're fine, but if you want to actually be using your Curse, I'd reconsider spending too many levels in non-Hexblade classes. (I do see that Master Hexblade feat in the doc you posted, but that's not going to come online until you get 2nd level spells, which doesn't sound like it's going to be soon.)