PDA

View Full Version : query about King Maker adventure path

Kol Korran
2011-10-11, 03:17 PM
i am considering DMing this AP, but i have a question:

i understood that the AP includes a fair deal of city and empire building and ruling. however, when i told some of my players they said they didn't like to mess around with building and treasury., resources and expenses calculations, (we have enough of that in RL) but liked the idea of making national policies, making them big decisions, and taking their kingdom in new directions, as well as defending it. they just didn't want to micro manage.

so my questions are- how much micro manage is needed for the AP? can it be hand waved somehow, or done off screen, and focus on the "bigger issues" (are there mechanics for that?) or arethe logistics too much a part of the AP to be ignored?

tl;dr- can the King Maker AP be played with the feel of running a kingdom, without the tedious micromanagement of it?

thanks in advance,
Kol.

AzazelSephiroth
2011-10-11, 10:14 PM
Kingmaker can totally be done with a Kingdome behind the scenes feel. In fact the AP actually gives advice and sidebars to this effect, letting the Kingdom grow on its own and with little or no interaction from the party unless they want to.

My group loved the AP and they loved the micromanaging but after the first few months we stopped worrying so much about the numbers and rolling checks and more about roleplaying the major events like drought, war, and strange happenings. I say run it! It was a blast for me and my group.:smallsmile: