PDA

View Full Version : Threatened Spaces as Difficult Terrain?

mrcarter11
2011-10-11, 03:47 PM
Can anyone tell Me if something that does this exists? I don't care if it's as a feat, class feature, ACF.. Just wondering if it can be done at all. Thanks to anyone that answers.

NNescio
2011-10-11, 03:48 PM
Can anyone tell Me if something that does this exists? I don't care if it's as a feat, class feature, ACF.. Just wondering if it can be done at all. Thanks to anyone that answers.

Knight's Bulwark of Defense class feature.

mrcarter11
2011-10-11, 03:53 PM
I see. Well I guess I'll wait to see if anything else comes up.

BlueInc
2011-10-11, 03:56 PM
Pathfinder adds the Ground Breaker (http://www.d20pfsrd.com/classes/core-classes/barbarian/rage-powers/paizo---rage-powers/ground-breaker-ex) (and Greater (http://www.d20pfsrd.com/classes/core-classes/barbarian/rage-powers/paizo---rage-powers/ground-breaker-greater-ex) version) Rage Power and Cities Variant Channeling (http://www.d20pfsrd.com/classes/core-classes/cleric/archetypes/paizo---cleric-archetypes/variant-channeling).

Sucrose
2011-10-11, 03:56 PM
The level 3 stance Thicket of Blades from Tome of Battle's Divine Spirit discipline provides a similar effect, making 5' steps provoke AoOs from you.

mrcarter11
2011-10-11, 03:59 PM
Yeah, I was gonna attempt to combine the two.. With Stand Still.. I don't want to be a trip build though.. More of a, "You can't move because I said so" type build.. I'll have 35 ft reach, so I figured that taking advantage of AoO's was my best bet.

And thank you, to the three of you, for your quick responses.

NNescio
2011-10-11, 04:01 PM
There's also Earth Devotion, which can achieve a greater effect, but it can only be used once a day unless you have TU attempts to spare.

More of a, "You can't move because I said so" type build.

That's pretty much the shtick of the GOD Wizard (and battlefield controllers in general), 'though they're probably not what you are looking for.

mrcarter11
2011-10-11, 04:04 PM
No they aren't.. I honestly get annoyed with people who play up the god idea..

The Dark Fiddler
2011-10-11, 04:06 PM
That's pretty much the shtick of the GOD Wizard (and battlefield controllers in general), 'though they're probably not what you are looking for.

Stand Still chain-wielders do a pretty good job of it too.

You know, as good of a job a melee person can do in 3.5.

Gwendol
2011-10-12, 07:20 AM
Combine with Mage Slayer (they can't cast defensively, and can't 5' step out of reach), Hold the Line, Large and in Charge (if you are Large or Larger), Defensive sweep, and items like Steadfast boots, Bracers of Opportunity, and the like.

Really, you want to force people to provoke as much as possible, and be able to hit every time they do.

mrcarter11
2011-10-12, 02:17 PM
Well, Thicket of Blades stops the step. Casting defensively is still a problem I guess. I'm not familiar with Large and in Charge(Though I'm not, I'm medium), Defensive Sweep and Hold the Line both are useful more often than not. Defensive Sweep and Stand Still tend to work in tandem with each other well.

The items you mentioned I think I know of, though I don't believe I've used em before.. But thanks for a couple neat ideas.

Person_Man
2011-10-12, 04:02 PM
Another often over looked option is the simple net (www.dandwiki.com/wiki/SRD:Net) (or harpoon, if you want something that deals damage, but are willing to attempt a more difficult to-hit roll). An enemy hit by a net with a trailing rope can't move away from you unless they beat you on an opposed Str check, and you don't need to be holding the rope (presumably you can just tie it to your body).

There are also a variety of Grapple options, which can deal massive damage, and are amazingly effective at locking down 1 enemy at a time.

mrcarter11
2011-10-12, 04:34 PM
The net idea would work.. Just have to find a way to use it while I hold a spear and a shield..

On a unrelated note.. Person_Man posted in one of my threads.. Considering how often I use your handbooks, I feel slightly honored.