PDA

View Full Version : No/Low Magic Pathfinder

Jaraak
2011-10-11, 10:26 PM
Hi!

Starting a new game in a low/no magic pathfinder setting. We're not allowed to pick magic classes. (Not sure about Alchemist).

First time playing pathfinder (been playing 3.5 for ages).

Whats some strong ranged builds?

Thanks in advance!

Larpus
2011-10-12, 01:06 AM
With those restrictions, the Gunslinger sounds just about right.

DeMouse
2011-10-12, 01:18 AM
Dervish Dancer Duelist.

Fighter6 (with dervish dancer archetype and feat)/ Duelist 10.

Main problem with the build is casters, no magic means fun times.

Eric Tolle
2011-10-12, 03:55 AM
That means you're pretty much limited to Barbarian, Cavaliers, Fighters, Gunslingers (maybe), Monks, Rogues. Of them all, the fighter, with the bonus feats works best. You might try the archer archetype, but I find it lackluster myself.

Go Dex, Wis, Str in priority. Take Point Blank Shot, Precise Shot, Deadly Aim, Rapid Shot in that order.

DeMouse
2011-10-12, 10:36 AM
Derp diddn't see the ranged caviat.

Halfling rouge (Sniper and Skimisher archetypes) With skill focus stealth.

Crossbow fighter, either a single heavy or duel-wielding hand crossbows works very well. You can even use an oversized heavy or light crossbow at a -4 and -2 penalty to attack respectively (same way as somone can use an oversized bastard sword two handed).

Hurling barbarians are alot of fun if not particularly effective.

Lord.Sorasen
2011-10-12, 07:30 PM
When you say magic, does it mean no spellcasters, or does it mean "stay mundane?" Because if it just means no caster, the paladin is a surprisingly effective option. Super magic bow or calvary archer, dex+cha, perhaps divine hunter but really it's fine either way... If you take the... I think it's shining light... Well basically there's an archetype that loses your spellcasting.

Keep in mind this totally goes against the low magic feel for many, so it'd be a dm thing more than ever.

Jaraak
2011-10-12, 10:02 PM
There is very little magic in the world. In our party we're having a Witch, which is going to be a bit like Jesus. We're to protect him from the haters. Eventually we might get spells so Paladin is in.