PDA

View Full Version : Quick DMM question

Nich_Critic
2011-10-12, 12:16 AM
As far as I can tell, though DMM only works on divine spells, it doesn't seem fussy about which class those spells come from. Does this mean that a multiclassed X19/Cleric 1 (Where X is another divine spellcaster) can use DMM the full range of divine spells that X has, even if X doesn't grant turning or rebuking?

Amoren
2011-10-12, 12:29 AM
As far as I know, yes. In fact, I think one of the benefits of divine spellcasters taking a one level dip in a prestige class (sacred exorcist, I believe?) IS to get a turning pool to use on Divine Metamagic.

candycorn
2011-10-12, 01:04 AM
Yes. As a matter of fact, you can get turning from many sources.

1)Azurin Cleric ACF (can be used for feats that require turn undead uses)
2)Dread necromancer (rebuke undead @level 1)
3)Turn undead PrC (1 level dip)

Those 3, with 1 level dips in each, if you had 16 Charisma, and Extra turning twice, would give you 42 turns for DMM, in 14 turn chunks. That would persist 6 spells, for those counting. 22 Charisma, and extra turning 3 times would persist 9. Crazy, huh?

Dusto
2011-10-12, 01:01 PM
Yes. As a matter of fact, you can get turning from many sources.

1)Azurin Cleric ACF (can be used for feats that require turn undead uses)
3)Turn undead PrC (1 level dip)

Don't have my stuff with me, but can you tell me where to find those please?

Amphetryon
2011-10-12, 01:06 PM
Don't have my stuff with me, but can you tell me where to find those please?

Azurin is a race in Magic of Incarnum.

Turn Undead via PrC can be done with Sacred Exorcist (Complete Divine) or Knight of the Raven (Expedition to Castle Ravenloft) off the top of my head.

Dusto
2011-10-12, 02:04 PM
Ok thanks. The reason I am asking is we started a new campaign, and after my friend made his cleric, the DM read in the errata that turn attempts from domains like fire, plant, etc... don't work for DMM. The DM is also pretty strict on money and equipment, so Nightsticks are basically not an option.

So now with CHA of 16 and two feats blown on Extra Turning, he barely has enough turns to persist two spells.

Amoren
2011-10-12, 03:20 PM
Another option is using the Lightbringer Cleric ACF from Expedition to Castle Ravenloft (which specifically mentions to work with divine feats). All it requires is membership in the Lightbringers to use.