PDA

View Full Version : The 'Ultimate' Bard

Chilingsworth
2011-10-12, 01:05 PM
Hey Playgrounders, I'm concidering a buid for a Lv 30 gestalt game on the forums, and was thinking of playing an "ultimate bard" Here's my build idea:

Bard10/Lyric Thematurge 10/Bard 10// Warblade10/Sublime Chord 10/Seeker of the Song 10.

Feats Spellcasting Prodigy (Cha), Skill Focus: Perform, Song of the Heart, Song of the White Raven, Melodic Casting, Lyric Spell, Unclaimed Slot, 3 unclaimed epic slots.

The build isn't supposed to be absolutely as powerful as possible, rather my character wants to choronical the last battle as creation is remade, so maybe, if there are any survivors, they won't be completely ignorant of those "final" days.

Any Suggestions?

Tyndmyr
2011-10-12, 01:07 PM
Needs more Ultimate Magus, IMO.

Talya
2011-10-12, 01:09 PM
Sweeeeeeet.

Seriously, nice concept.

I recommend Making heavy use of bardic ACFs. Since Sublime Chord and Bard stack for Bardic Knowledge purposes, it's not all that far-reaching to decide they stack for the Bardic Knowledge ACF "Bardic Knack." Coupled with Jack of All Trades, Snowflake Wardance, Dragonfire Inspiration, Song of the Heart, Two Weapon Fighting and a pair of Crystal Echoblades (which can be further enchanted to epic levels), Melodic Casting, Lingering Song...

gkathellar
2011-10-12, 01:19 PM
Spread out your Warblade levels a little more, to optimize your maneuvers.

Sublime Chord is awesome in gestalt — make sure to remember that it adds to your bard CL, and vice versa. CL 40 for the win.

Chilingsworth
2011-10-12, 01:46 PM
Sweeeeeeet.

Seriously, nice concept.

I recommend Making heavy use of bardic ACFs. Since Sublime Chord and Bard stack for Bardic Knowledge purposes, it's not all that far-reaching to decide they stack for the Bardic Knowledge ACF "Bardic Knack." Coupled with Jack of All Trades, Snowflake Wardance, Dragonfire Inspiration, Song of the Heart, Two Weapon Fighting and a pair of Crystal Echoblades (which can be further enchanted to epic levels), Melodic Casting, Lingering Song...

Thanks! Where can I find the Bardic Knack ACF? My character is human, and his stats before items/level up bonuses are: str 12, dex 14, con 14, int 14, wis 12, cha 17.

Spread out your Warblade levels a little more, to optimize your maneuvers.

Sublime Chord is awesome in gestalt — make sure not to remember that it adds t your bard CL, and vice versa. CL 40 for the win.

What level progression would you suggest? Keeping in mind that I can't take any of my PrC's until level seven (when I can start taking Lyric Thaumaturge) Can't take Sublime Chord and Seeker of the Song until until level eleven, and that once I start seeker of the song, I must finish it as you can't multiclass out of it and return to it.

gkathellar
2011-10-12, 01:56 PM
Thanks! Where can I find the Bardic Knack ACF? My character is human, and his stats before items/level up bonuses are: str 12, dex 14, con 14, int 14, wis 12, cha 17.

PHBII for Bardic Knack.

Take a look at the Slippers of Battledancing — with that stat spread and ToB, they'll do wonders for you.

What level progression would you suggest? Keeping in mind that I can't take any of my PrC's until level seven (when I can start taking Lyric Thaumaturge) Can't take Sublime Chord and Seeker of the Song until until level eleven, and that once I start seeker of the song, I must finish it as you can't multiclass out of it and return to it.

I'm not sure. Unless your DM is crazy enough to let you take Lyric Thaumaturge and Bard at the same time and still get full spellcasting, I guess you can't actually hold off on Warblade. Well, don't be afraid to take Martial Study/Stance, at least, since you'll be able to refresh and your IL will actually be respectable.

I'd tell you to remember Song of the White Raven, but I'm sure you were already going to.

Golden Ladybug
2011-10-12, 06:41 PM
Never has my Avatar been more appropriate.

I like what you're doing here, but all I can really suggest is taking Battle Dance (http://www.realmshelps.net/cgi-bin/featbox.pl?feat=Battle_Dance) as one of your Epic Feats. The Two-Weapon Fighting using Dual Crystal Echoblades, Slippers of Battledancing, Battledance, Snowflake Wardance and maybe even some other things (add two levels of Paladin of Freedom maybe :smalltongue:) you basically add your Charisma to everything. Multiple times.

To chronicle the last words of your Universe, you're going to need to fight your way there first. Good luck.

Chilingsworth
2011-10-12, 07:34 PM
I'm well on my way to finishing this build!

Here's the link: (http://www.myth-weavers.com/sheetview.php?sheetid=336702)

What I need to do now is compile the list of special abilities my classes give me, chose spells (both bard and sublime chord) and chose manuvers (unfortunately, only as a 10th level warblade, but that'll still let me get white raven tactics and iron heart surge, which is what I'm really after. I basically chose warblade as a filler class until I could start my PrC's.)

Finished it! I'm not trying to make it overpowered, particularly overpowered, more an adequate aid to my allies and a fun character to play. Of course, since it's a Lv 30 gestalt, it'll be pretty dang powerful, anyway, at least by my usual standards, lol.