PDA

View Full Version : Dig out your cyberpunks...

Mulletmanalive
2011-10-12, 04:19 PM
Please sugest to me as many different cool modifications that could be made to cybernetic limbs as you can.

I've been through a few RPGs but damn, Shadowrun 4e and the Ghost in the Shell rpg are so practical and obsessed with hacking each other's brains, so, as many nifty things, combat or otherwise as you can, please.

Believability is a minor bonus but it doesn't matter too much.

Go!

Seerow
2011-10-12, 04:29 PM
Personally, SR4's cyberlimbs have had enough customization to keep me happy. But if you want more stuff:

Eye Lasers-Not like the ****ty tool based ones that you can get in Shadowrun, but closer to the damage of a laser pistol. Blast that guy away with your eyes. Because seriously that is awesome.

Extendable Arms-Grants extra reach, think Dalsiem from Street Fighter. Great for punching that guy 15 feet away, or introducing new forms of grappling that are harder to escape.

Rocket Feet-Yeah, we have cyberskates. We have skimmer discs. But those are boring. So instead, we go Iron Man Style and put rockets in our feet so we can ****ing fly. Eat your heart out mages.

Cyberguns-While these exist in shadowrun, they're crazy expensive on capacity. I'm talking about something so cheap/space efficient that a pistol takes up like one finger, that you could hold up like a kid playing with an imaginary gun. A shotgun or rocket launcher might be more like the palm of your hand. Maybe more limited on ammo without bulky external mods though.

More Modular Limb Options-I personally love modular limbs, but the options for them seem pretty weak. They're usually used so you can swap out a synthetic limb for regular use for a bulky obvious limb for heavy combat. That's cool and all, but you should have more stuff. I have no real ideas offhand, but there should be like a batman style of utility belt for limbs.

That's all I got at the moment. Probably will post more later if I think of it.

Anderlith
2011-10-12, 04:34 PM
A cyber hand with a cyber eye in it, you can see around walls without exposing your melon, & if you make it detachable you can get really creative uses out of it. (best used with a tazer finger or poison injector)

Mulletmanalive
2011-10-12, 04:36 PM
Thanks, that's a couple i didn't have.

This is me basically trying to bulk out the options on my cyborg class.

Seerow
2011-10-12, 04:45 PM
A cyber hand with a cyber eye in it, you can see around walls without exposing your melon, & if you make it detachable you can get really creative uses out of it. (best used with a tazer finger or poison injector)

This is way less useful than just having an occular drone (a SR4 option that he's probably already aware of).

Though the occular drone would be more useful if it had the ability to actually fly around and **** instead of having that crappy limited movement quality....

Speaking of, as a Cyborg, rather than a guy with a bunch of cyberlimbs, you should be able to mod vehicles that you can basically become a part of (like unscrew the head from body, screw head into car type deal), or maybe even do transformer style changes, where your body can turn into like a motorcycle or car, or even more exotic things like planes and submarines.

Pyromancer999
2011-10-12, 04:46 PM
Two things no cyborg PC I've ever had in my games come without:

Butt Rockets(functions as jetpack and rockets fired from the wazoo) and Automatic Afros.

Anderlith
2011-10-12, 05:40 PM
Talking sphincters you gotta have talking sphincters, with hidden storage compartments, that way you can pull talk out your *** & pull stuff out your ***. If Lone Star shows up have your *** start talking, they can gag your mouth, but they probably don't have the equipment to shut up the other end.

@Seerow: I don't think ocular drones can be outfitted with weapons.

Mulletmanalive
2011-10-12, 05:51 PM
Speaking of, as a Cyborg, rather than a guy with a bunch of cyberlimbs, you should be able to mod vehicles that you can basically become a part of (like unscrew the head from body, screw head into car type deal), or maybe even do transformer style changes, where your body can turn into like a motorcycle or car, or even more exotic things like planes and submarines.

You can do this non-invasively by just AR riding into your subscribed vehicle's drone software and piloting it in realtime.

This isn't specifically, btw, sttuff more at home in steampunk or even warforged would work fine as long as it's not too magical seeming

Eldan
2011-10-12, 05:56 PM
I kinda want tentacle arms. Like those of, say, Doctor Octopus in the Spiderman movies, but much smaller, and with a normal hand at the end.

Just...
Your arm splits open, and your hand moves another twenty feet ahead on a long tentacle. Think of hte many, many applications.

Seerow
2011-10-12, 05:57 PM
You can do this non-invasively by just AR riding into your subscribed vehicle's drone software and piloting it in realtime.

Yeah, you could even go full VR rigging the vehicle. But physically transplanting into the vehicle is much cooler.

This isn't specifically, btw, sttuff more at home in steampunk or even warforged would work fine as long as it's not too magical seeming

Yeah but I've never been big on steampunk, and Warforged I typically see as more magitech, so stuff for them I would look at as more magical in nature. I'm sure others will have more ideas for that style thing, but I personally like Shadowrun.

Anderlith
2011-10-12, 06:03 PM

Be a brain in a jar. Shadowrun has rules for it

Seerow
2011-10-12, 06:03 PM
Be a brain in a jar. Shadowrun has rules for it

That's basically what I was referring to...

Eldan
2011-10-12, 06:05 PM
Also, speaking as someone who has never really read a Cyberpunk RPG:

Tools. Tools in your fingertips. How many damn times would I have wishes for a pen in my index finger? A pair of tweezers? Probe?

Solaris
2011-10-31, 10:02 PM
Talking sphincters you gotta have talking sphincters, with hidden storage compartments, that way you can pull talk out your *** & pull stuff out your ***. If Lone Star shows up have your *** start talking, they can gag your mouth, but they probably don't have the equipment to shut up the other end.

Correction: You hope they don't have the equipment to plug up the other end. I can see that one as going horribly, horribly wrong.

Malfunctioned
2011-10-31, 10:33 PM
Omni-directional eyes? Two at the front and two in the back giving full 360 degree vision.

And stealing something from Traveller but static electricity being amplified massively through a cyber-hand to allow it to cleanly rip off chunks of armour whenever it lands on an opponent. This could also be used to scale metal buildings, Spider-Man style.

A cyber-tongue with a hidden, prehensile retractable blade inside for restrained/sneak attacks.

A large portion of the torso being fitted with 'weapon trappers'. If any of that section gets pierced by a weapon the trappers will seize it and either keep hold or destroy the weapon.

The uppermost segment of the index finger being replaced with a memory alloy that only melts in a direct electric current. A small current is run through the alloy to soften it. It can then be placed into any lock or keyhole and within a few seconds will harden into an exact replica of the key needed to open the lock. A second, stronger current run through the metal causes it to return to the previous fingertip.

Those are all I can think of right now....