PDA

View Full Version : Evil cleric summoner/necromancer help

King-Strawberry
2011-10-12, 05:43 PM
So I'm making a character for a PbP I recently requested, and I want to make an evil cleric focussing on summoning without harming rebuke undead progression, any way to do this? or Would I have to choose between a summoner and a necro?

Urpriest
2011-10-12, 08:58 PM
You can get some mileage out of Summon Undead at the lower levels, in particular with Master of Shrouds, which advances Rebuking. To really get mileage out of summoning you'd want Malconvoker, which doesn't advance Rebuking, but you can do decently without it if you focus on thinking tactically.

Flickerdart
2011-10-12, 09:08 PM
Clerics are great summoners at early levels because they have something everyone else lacks, which is easy CL boosters. Divine Spellpower, any alignment domain, the CChamp holy symbols, Summoner domain, the various ways to boost elemental spell CLs for when you're summoning elemental creatures...as early as 1st level, you can easily have a caster level of 4 or 5, meaning that whatever you choose to summon is going to stick around for the entirety of a fight. This becomes less of an advantage as levels progress, but having longer-lasting higher-CL minions is never a bad thing.