PDA

View Full Version : Rage-inducing broadband

The Succubus
2011-10-13, 05:25 AM
Howdy,

I really just need somewhere to vent. I'm with Virgin Broadband in the UK and my internet connection has been intermittant for the past 8 months, ever since I got the damn thing. Everytime I ring up the unhelpline, I get fobbed off with the same garbage "Have you tried turning it off and on?", "Have you tried replacing the ADSL fliter?", "Have you tried replacing the cable?", "Have you tried replacing your house and £1700 laptop?" :smallfurious:

They seem to resolutely refuse to send an engineer out and are convinced the problem lies with me. When I enquired about cancelling the service because of the problems, I was told that I would have to pay the rest of my outstanding contract along with a cancellation fee. :smallfurious:

So yeah, I mad.

dehro
2011-10-13, 06:03 AM
whenever that happens to me, be it for phone, internet or other such amenities, after the 3rd phonecall I require the drone on the phone to identify himself so I can lodge a complaint.. to which he usually puts me through to a supervisor. these seem to have a bit more leeway and a bit more experience at solving the problems I may have occurred in. they also have the authority to send out a technician or otherwise create..expenses.. for the company to solve the matter. The old "if you don't help me within the terms of the agreement YOU guaranteed when you made me sign the contract, I'll sue you for breach of said contract and failing to provide the guaranteed service and/or assistance" usually works.. they don't necessarily believe me or believe that such a thing would actually work in my favour, but they also know that bad publicity is not something their company relishes.. and that would be what it translates into if it ever did go to court... so they tend to try a little harder.

the important thing is to stay cool and matter of fact..so that they don't get you on tape screaming like a Wookie, when you speak all that nonsense...

Sipex
2011-10-13, 10:51 AM
Get a copy of your contract, read it over and listen to dehro.

Then don't get off the phone until a technician is arranged to come to your home.