PDA

View Full Version : Warforged Druid?..

Dalek-K
2011-10-13, 06:10 PM
Is this even possible? I was reading a thread about using an all Warforged Party and someone mentioned Warforged Druid ...

But if the body is it's armor... and the armor is metal... Doesn't that break the no metal armor clause?

Saviour
2011-10-13, 06:16 PM
{Scrubbed}

Big Fau
2011-10-13, 06:23 PM
{Scrub the original, scrub the quote}

It also isn't needed, since the Composite Armor doesn't count as actual armor and doesn't interfere with Druidic spellcasting (according to the Sage).

Dalek-K
2011-10-13, 06:28 PM
The Sage?

If it isn't needed then why make a feat that specifically states with it you can use Druid abilities?

shadow_archmagi
2011-10-13, 06:36 PM
The Sage?

If it isn't needed then why make a feat that specifically states with it you can use Druid abilities?

There are two Body feats that allow warforged to improve their natural armor, and then the Ironwood Body feat allows them to improve it while being Druid-Approved.

sreservoir
2011-10-13, 06:39 PM
because the other suck feats, iirc, say you can't.

Urpriest
2011-10-13, 06:58 PM
because the other suck feats, iirc, say you can't.

This (without the suck). Adamantine and Mithril Body explicitly break your Druid vows. Ironwood Body is for improving your armor while still keeping your vows.

Saviour
2011-10-13, 07:05 PM
Adamantine and Mithril Body explicitly break your Druid vows. Ironwood Body is for improving your armor while still keeping your vows.

Really? So... Warforged Druids don't lose a feat in addition to the Wisdom penalty? That would make them more viable.

Does stunning immunity etc remain whilst wildshaped?

Urpriest
2011-10-13, 07:11 PM
Really? So... Warforged Druids don't lose a feat in addition to the Wisdom penalty? That would make them more viable.

Does stunning immunity etc remain whilst wildshaped?

Everything type-based does, which I think includes that stuff, since Wildshape doesn't change your type or subtype.

Cog
2011-10-13, 07:30 PM
Keep in mind, one advantage of warforged wildshapers is that, if they have one of the armor feats, they still have that feat when 'shaped and so keep the benefits of it. Somewhat less useful for a Druid, but good for Shapechangers or Wildshape Rangers.

Fouredged Sword
2011-10-13, 07:36 PM
There is even a druid flavored Warforged PRC, landforged Walker.

tyckspoon
2011-10-13, 07:37 PM

Although it's a better class for Clerics.

Telonius
2011-10-13, 09:34 PM
For flavor, I'd see this as the 'forged being intrigued by the natural world, since there's a fair amount of people who believe he's not actually part of it (being a construct). Kind of a journey back to the elements that compose him. If I were playing the character, it would be a huge deal the first time he turned into an Earth Elemental - basically returning to his body's "primal state" before the forge.

Of course you can also go the comedic route, and pick Urban Druid. Transform and roll out! :smallbiggrin:

gorfnab
2011-10-13, 09:40 PM
Salad Bar Monk
Warforged Monk 2/ Druid 3/ Landforged Walker 5/ Sacred Fist 10

If you go with "text trumps table" this gets you 9th level spells and some interesting combat options.

ThiefInTheNight
2011-10-13, 09:56 PM
I ran a ridiculously awesome Warforged Totemist once. He was so cool that the DM brought him back in a later campaign (that was a fun moment).

Coidzor
2011-10-13, 11:54 PM
Everything type-based does, which I think includes that stuff, since Wildshape doesn't change your type or subtype.

Dinobots, transform and roll out!

BlackestOfMages
2011-10-14, 12:39 AM

exactly, why do you think people make warforged druids :smallbiggrin:

on an unrealed note, their more fun in epic, what with dragon/collosal wildshape letting you be megatron...

Vizzerdrix
2011-10-14, 01:10 AM
Hmm... I kind of want to build Soundwave now. (And his little bird/cat persons too)

Also, I wonder if the Urban Druid variant could be used to get a vehicle shape? Maybe something from A&E? :smallamused:

Leon
2011-10-14, 02:25 AM

Well that's about what i was going to post

The Succubus
2011-10-14, 05:27 AM

Great minds think alike Coidzor! =D

Oh, oh, wait, I've got another one - He posted here because he's looking for help to make an Optimized Prime? :smallbiggrin:

GodGoblin
2011-10-14, 06:26 AM
Also, I wonder if the Urban Druid variant could be used to get a vehicle shape? Maybe something from A&E? :smallamused:

Urban druid can turn into contructs like building or Wagons, so its probably as close as you would get.

panaikhan
2011-10-14, 07:52 AM
I soooooo want to do a warforged druid now.
Probably one with VoP, just for the lulz.

BlackestOfMages
2011-10-14, 07:57 AM
and grafts, for self-mounted heavy crossbow weapon mounts...

question: can an urban druid turn into a seige engine? because that could be rather usefull option for a team of adventurer...

or have lots of ranks in knowledge (architecture and engineering) and thus reasonabbly be able to transform into a self-propelled vehicle...

Ravens_cry
2011-10-14, 08:30 AM

I was thinking . . .

Maximals . . .
MAXIMISE!