PDA

View Full Version : Improvised Shield

Quick Tone
2011-10-13, 09:00 PM
Hey guys,

Me and my group are getting ready to start a new campaign that includes Pathfinder and 3.5 splat. There is absolutely no magic in this campaign. I had this idea to make a character who only uses improvised weapons and was wondering if there were any rules that you guys know about involving Improvised shields.

Lateral
2011-10-13, 09:17 PM
The only rule I can think of is that a Drunken Master gets the ability "Improved Improvised Weapons," which, among other uses, allows you to upend tables and stuff to use as improvised tower shields.

Diefje
2011-10-13, 10:14 PM
For small or large shields, it is pretty securely strapped to your arm, and that's hard to duplicate with a random item you pick up. I'd probably use two-weapon defense rules. I don't think it says it needs to be a manufactured weapon, as long as it's not a natural weapon/unarmed, so improvised should be fine, especially on a char that specializes in it. Maybe a little easier rather than trying to emulate shields with improvised items.

Quick Tone
2011-10-13, 11:14 PM
Yah, I thought of the drunken master Tower Shield thing. The Two weapon defense is a good idea, just fight with two chair legs instead of one! Thanks for the ideas.