View Full Version : Help with a vague concept

Ishcumbeebeeda
2011-10-14, 09:10 AM
Okay, so I have a very vague character concept and to get it rolling I was hoping I could poll the Playground's collective knowledge to answer a (hopefully) quick question. Is there any existing way to gain an at-will Meld into Stone (or something similar) effect? A class, PrC, magic item, etc. Preferably before epic levels. Thanks for any help.

Vladislav
2011-10-14, 09:16 AM
According to the DMG custom magic item creation guidelines, an at-will Meld Into Stone item would cost 30,000 gp. Not sure if this is the answer you were looking for.

Greyfell
2011-10-14, 10:04 AM
hmmm, it's not at will, but starting at level 5 the Stone Lord Prc from complete warrior gains uses of Meld into stone... as well as big chunk of other stone/rock related powers and abilities.

Ishcumbeebeeda
2011-10-14, 10:06 AM
According to the DMG custom magic item creation guidelines, an at-will Meld Into Stone item would cost 30,000 gp. Not sure if this is the answer you were looking for.

That would certainly do in a pinch but I was hoping for something a little more intrinsic and well, less costly. But something is certainly better than nothing.

hmmm, it's not at will, but starting at level 5 the Stone Lord Prc from complete warrior gains uses of Meld into stone... as well as big chunk of other stone/rock related powers and abilities.

Interesting. I'll take a look, thanks. I was also gonna check out the Stonedeath Assassin. I vaguely remember something about a goblinoid assassin that can meld into stone, but it's not coming to the fore... Maybe I could use Stoneblessed to manage picking up both. Not to mention a pretty interesting backstory.

Lapak
2011-10-14, 10:26 AM
If you want to mine it for ideas, Old Lob Many-Eyes (http://www.giantitp.com/forums/showpost.php?p=8441606&postcount=106) from one of the Iron Chef threads used Meld Into Stone as a key feature. It has it 10/day, not at will, but that's frequent enough for most purposes.

Qwertystop
2011-10-14, 10:40 AM
Yeah, go for a uses/day item with plenty of uses.

Greyfell
2011-10-14, 10:51 AM
Stone death assassin from races of stone is exactly what you were thinking of. It also gets a meld into stone ability and that one starts right away at level one... but you have to be a goblinoid.

edit (after reading qwertystop): well as a third level spell, you could wand or eternal wand (iirc) meld into stone as well. A lot of DM's loath the custom item rules...

Ishcumbeebeeda
2011-10-14, 10:53 AM
Thanks guys, this has all helped me flesh the concept out a bit more in my head. (Oh, and I think I've found what I was looking for with the Earth Dreamer PrC's Earth Glide ability from Races of Stone.) Any other cool earth/stone related feats, spells, classes, PrC, etc, etc, would be welcome.:smallsmile: