PDA

View Full Version : Doomsday?

silver spectre
2011-10-14, 10:18 AM
Is there an existing way to make a Doomsday (from DC comics) type character, where the BBEG resurrects and becomes immune to the thing that kills him?

Ravens_cry
2011-10-14, 10:23 AM
The closest I can think of off the top of my head is a Lich, specifically a Wizard Lich.
They won't automatically become immune to what killed them, but a Wizard Lich with Intelligence in the high 20's or low 30's will probably be able to think of some way of countering tactics used against them.

silver spectre
2011-10-14, 10:42 AM
The closest I can think of off the top of my head is a Lich, specifically a Wizard Lich.
They won't automatically become immune to what killed them, but a Wizard Lich with Intelligence in the high 20's or low 30's will probably be able to think of some way of countering tactics used against them.

I thought about that but most of the group will be undead.
One of the party members is a wizard lich, one will be a vampire barbarian, One an Elan psion/psionic pale master, and one is still undecided.
They will start off at the 21-24 ECL range.

I was thinking of having something farely innocuous and low level to oppose them. Something that they will just slaughter without effort, but that keeps coming back increasingly tougher (like doomsday did) without just adding levels and hit dice to it.

von Tortrix
2011-10-14, 10:55 AM
There was that Cat Lord fella in the Epic Level Handbook who has a ring (ring of the Cat Lord i belive) that auto-resurects him 9 times. Maybe your BBEG could acquire a similar item?

Big Fau
2011-10-14, 11:12 AM
There's a "template" in Heroes of Horror that does what you want.

silver spectre
2011-10-14, 11:24 AM
There's a "template" in Heroes of Horror that does what you want.

Where in the book? Im apparently missing it completely.

Big Fau
2011-10-14, 12:27 PM
Where in the book? Im apparently missing it completely.

Soul-Locked Creature, page 47. It wasn't exactly given a proper stat-up because the Devs didn't want players to get ahold of it in a campaign where the DM wasn't going to use it.

Zonugal
2011-10-14, 01:07 PM
A ghost's manifestation could handle the whole 'coming back again' thing but then you are back to dealing with undead.

This is pretty hard for lower level. Psionics has higher level stuff that could do it but it is, as mentioned, higher level.

Ravens_cry
2011-10-14, 02:00 PM
A ghost's manifestation could handle the whole 'coming back again' thing but then you are back to dealing with undead.

This is pretty hard for lower level. Psionics has higher level stuff that could do it but it is, as mentioned, higher level.
Trot it out anyway, the characters are apparently starting in the "21-24 ECL" (!) range.

silver spectre
2011-10-18, 11:58 AM
Trot it out anyway, the characters are apparently starting in the "21-24 ECL" (!) range.

Nah. I don't want him to be undead.

The soul locked thing isn't quite what I was after, but it will help. I'll just have to wing a few things more than I had intended.

One soul locked awakened dog undead hating cleric coming up.