PDA

View Full Version : Dragonbone Bone Bow?

Daftendirekt
2011-10-14, 01:50 PM
Pretty simple question. Can Bone Bows (frostburn) be turned into Dragonbone Bows (Draconomicon)? The item's description just mentions shortbows and longbows and how they turn into composites. If Bone Bows can be Dragonbone Bone Bows, do they also become composite?

Zaq
2011-10-14, 02:03 PM
RAW, if Draconomicon just say "shortbows and longbows" and not "any bow," it doesn't work. (I don't have my book open at the moment, so I don't have the exact wording in front of me.) That said, it's a completely reasonable extrapolation, and I'd certainly allow it.

Daftendirekt
2011-10-14, 02:13 PM
"A bow carved from a single bone of a dragon displays superior tensile strength. Such a bow is considered composite (short or long) with a strength rating set by the crafter. In addition, the bow's range increment is 20 feet longer than normal for the bow's type (90 feet for a composite shortbow or 130 feet for a composite longbow)."

It never explicitly says "You can only do this with longbows and shortbows". They are simply the only examples given.

EDIT: I mean, Bone Bows are already composite anyway. All dragonbone does is add 20 feet to the range increment. AND Bone Bows are treated as Longbows for feat purposes. So one could make the argument that by RAW it works just fine.

GoatBoy
2011-10-14, 05:35 PM
It's a Bone, Bone, Bone, Bone, Bone, Bone Bow!