PDA

View Full Version : Fantastic sceneries of Eberron (from a ship's voyage)

Kol Korran
2011-10-14, 02:20 PM
tthis thread isn't about mechanics, all about flavour. the party will take a voyage on some ship that can reach ANYWHEERE on Eberron. (the Crimson ship if you know, not important) but it travels through other locations as well. i want these to be impressivem, unique, awe inspiring. so what ideas do you have? (note: the players barely know Eberron so they won't get unclear messages)

some ideas so far:

- In Daanvi, in a huge cavern that is the hiome of a huge formian community, their structures all over the place.

- In the waters of the mournland, near the city of sails, seeing the ship sail off empty and return, their sails and oars moving on their own.

- In Khyber, on a patch of magma (ahip is imprevious), with huge, huge khyber Crystals over the ceiling.

- In the shadow marches, tranversing old twisted groves, with a bunch of dolgaunt and dolgrims watching and skampering in the bushes.

- the shores of Argonessen, with about 10-20 dragons flying in the distance, singing a dragon's song.

- near the rimfall, where icebergs clash, and two rhemoraz fight bitterly

any other ideas?

thanks in advance,
Kol.

(search word: Tomer)

Prime32
2011-10-15, 08:10 PM
Needs more cyclopean ruins.

The Reverend
2011-10-17, 05:47 AM
Landscape blasted by magic lies underneath you, its fallout still present in the very earth beneath you and the sky around you: destroyed hamlets live out ther last days as phantasms, it snows on a green medow, fish burrow in the earth with their big floppy ears and buck teeth waving, a cloud approaches and it begins to rain buckets...literally wooden buckets roll for reflex.

Kol Korran
2011-10-17, 05:58 AM
Landscape blasted by magic lies underneath you, its fallout still present in the very earth beneath you and the sky around you: destroyed hamlets live out ther last days as phantasms, it snows on a green medow, fish burrow in the earth with their big floppy ears and buck teeth waving, a cloud approaches and it begins to rain buckets...literally wooden buckets roll for reflex.

aaahhhh... the Mournland! :smallbiggrin:

supermonkeyjoe
2011-10-17, 06:09 AM
I always thought that the image of the truly massive carved dwarf head from the Eberron Campaign Setting book was pretty epic in scale:

http://www.wizards.com/dnd/images/eb_gallery/82122.jpg

LansXero
2011-10-17, 04:53 PM
Whatever came to be of Arcanix would make for a sight as well, specially in contrast with what it mustve looked like.

Maybe find the Ashbound doing their ecoterrorism in Eldeen? Something like massive plant thingies crushing the swarm-bugs and posessed? As in: Even if no one will save it, the world will try to save itself.

Sarlona! Show the people's state of the Illuminated or other psionicky wonders.

Kol Korran
2011-10-17, 05:09 PM
Originally by supermonkeyjoe
I always thought that the image of the truly massive carved dwarf head from the Eberron Campaign Setting book was pretty epic in scale:

aaaand... i'll be taking that! thanks!

(for those who haven't read my log- the following concerns some facts from it. LansXero reads it)

Whatever came to be of Arcanix would make for a sight as well, specially in contrast with what it must've looked like.

that. is. one. excellent. idea! would help show what Auressia has accomplished! thanks!

Maybe find the Ashbound doing their ecoterrorism in Eldeen? Something like massive plant thingies crushing the swarm-bugs and posessed? As in: Even if no one will save it, the world will try to save itself.

The bugs aren't going there. there are other plans.

Sarlona! Show the people's state of the Illuminated or other psionicky wonders.

aaaannd i'll be taking that as well! another great idea! thanks LansXero! :smallsmile: