PDA

View Full Version : linear guild dead/ thog alive

pseudodragon
2011-10-14, 04:46 PM
my theory as of strip#808 is: either the linear guild is being killed, and wrapped up, or thog is alive, because they said, he has to die on-screen too die. so this is my theory.

Howler Dagger
2011-10-14, 04:50 PM
my theory as of strip#808 is: either the linear guild is being killed, and wrapped up, or thog is alive, because they said, he has to die on-screen too die. so this is my theory.
you are right about the LG but we still dont know how the LG vs. Elan+Durkon+(maybe?)Haley will go. Second part is wrong beccause he died(if he died at all) on screen, when the roof collapsed, which took up 4/5 of a page.

Mutant Sheep
2011-10-14, 04:55 PM

Flaw in the "being killed" part -Durkon was leveled drained and lost "some of his best combat spells" and Elan lost an unknown amount of levels (probably more thn 3, which puts him at pre-Darth V levels), and they're facing a poorly optimized rogue/fighter/sorcerer who is a good couple levels above them with his equally high level succubus rogue girlfriend. Roy and Belkar are on other side of the palace /gladiatorial arena /far away from the palace, and unless Tarquin decides to teleport them all to the palace for post-match extravagance, Elan and Durkon are relying on Malack to pop in and save the day by possessing a nearby guy by being a low CON cleric with a spell list only moderately suited to combat. (he did have Blade Barrier prepared when Elan was captured, but didn't seem to have many other non-healing spells. Guess he could save Haley, or Durkon could do it. With the casting time though, Nale and Sabine could have killed one or both of them)

Dr.Epic
2011-10-14, 06:01 PM
Man, I really hope Thog isn't dead. He's awesome! Though, given the fight and he's coming out of rage, he may be well below 0 HP. :smallfrown:

ThePhantasm
2011-10-14, 06:19 PM
These "is Thog alive" threads just keep popping up, don't they?

Metahuman1
2011-10-14, 07:20 PM
Yes, yes they do. Personally, I'd rather he dropped dead unless were gonna get surprised and his Int and Wis are gonna be significantly raised, permanently so, thus causing him to reassess his life and priority's and stop being Evil.

Zmflavius
2011-10-14, 07:44 PM

Interesting thing is, I think OP created most of them.

Unisus
2011-10-15, 11:12 AM
...thus causing him to reassess his life and priority's and stop being Evil.

While Thog does mostly evil things, it's mostly, because Nale wants him to. I always had the impression, Thog simply does not think about was he does. Especially the time he was with Elan, i had a feeling, under the right influence Thog could be a really nice person - just give him some puppies to care for *smile*

Per definition we can not know if Thog is dead, as we never saw Xes as his eyes - and we all know that that's the only sign that counts (that's why it's so easy to fake death). But i don't think abput it that much, for if Thog is still alive, we will know it at exact the time the Giant wants us to know, and there's no sense in speculating (other than making post after post, maybe to get a higher status in the forum...)

Dr.Epic
2011-10-15, 12:04 PM

Yeah, it's like someone is raising them. Like from the dead!:smallwink:

I apologize for that joke.

Though, if O-Chul can survive a castle explosion and a massive fall, than I guess the barbarian could survive that rubble.

Leecros
2011-10-15, 12:23 PM

If we're not careful, Thog will be crushed by all of them...

That would never happen...right?

Ashadar
2011-10-15, 01:50 PM
Tarquin's been wanting him dead for quite a while now.. Knowing his personality he's not going to settle for the "He's probably dead, so we'll stop looking for him" cliche. He's going to want confirmation of his death, and have his men kill him if he's still alive. I really don't see how he can still live after this unless he gets incredibly lucky, kinda like Xykon and Redcloak did when the castle exploded..

As for the rest of the Linear Guild, I don't really see why they should be dragged down with Thog if he dies. After all they're the IFCC's main pawns, so they'll want to keep them alive.

Kareasint
2011-10-15, 02:23 PM
Tarquin's been wanting him dead for quite a while now.. Knowing his personality he's not going to settle for the "He's probably dead, so we'll stop looking for him" cliche. He's going to want confirmation of his death, and have his men kill him if he's still alive. I really don't see how he can still live after this unless he gets incredibly lucky, kinda like Xykon and Redcloak did when the castle exploded..

As for the rest of the Linear Guild, I don't really see why they should be dragged down with Thog if he dies. After all they're the IFCC's main pawns, so they'll want to keep them alive.

Given how much Tarquin has already been shown to have a personality that lives by cliche, he already has someone clearing the pile to find the body and maybe finish the job if needed.