PDA

View Full Version : (PF) Reload Crossbow While Moving?

Duncan_Ruadrik
2011-10-14, 07:47 PM
I was thinking of a plan to make a good one shot one kill type character, and I realized that a light crossbow takes a move action to reload, and a level 8 Rogue scout archetype can deal Sneak Attack damage after a move action of at least 10 ft...

So can you reload a crossbow while moving?

IF you have any suggestions for such a character, feel free to offer advice!

Waker
2011-10-14, 08:58 PM
Rapid Reload reduces the time to reload a light crossbow to a free action.

Duncan_Ruadrik
2011-10-14, 09:53 PM
Rapid Reload reduces the time to reload a light crossbow to a free action.

I am aware... but I was wondering if I could be cheap and get out of a feat. :smallwink:

besides, if I were moving then shooting to get SA every round, AND can reload on the move, rapid reload is basically a waste, unless im forced to stand still and full attack.

Waker
2011-10-14, 11:03 PM
I'm not aware of a way to ignore the move action requirement to reload a crossbow aside from the feat. You could accomplish it if you were using a dagger, since you can draw a weapon as part of a move action, which you could then immediately throw. That would also be applicable to any other throwing weapon.

agentnone
2011-10-14, 11:48 PM
If you use your Move Action to reload the crossbow, then you would have to use your Standard Action to actually move the required distance to get a sneak attack. There is not a way around this unless, like the others said, you either take Rapid Reload to reload the Light XBow as a Free Action or use thrown weapons like daggers or javelins instead of the Light XBow.