PDA

View Full Version : 500 server error

gooddragon1
2011-10-14, 08:49 PM
I posted in a thread recently and while my post got through even with the error the thread was not moved to the top of the forum. The error is called a 500 server error. This is perhaps the third or fourth time I have encountered this error. I would appreciate if it could be remedied so that this problem does not occur again.

Mutant Sheep
2011-10-14, 09:14 PM
It will be. I believe that funds are needed however. Thus, the recent ads. The server errors and stuff aren't that annoying though. The post is still posted, it just takes the server a few seconds to work so you can check the thread. Only really gets annoying when the server doesn't work for a few minutes and you're posting in a very active thread.
I think its great the Playground is getting server errors sometimes. Shows we are just. that. awesome.

Douglas
2011-10-14, 09:28 PM
Yeah, this is exactly the sort of problem that the news post from a month ago was talking about as being due to server capacity problems. It should get fixed if and when the forums get a server upgrade, which will happen if and when Rich Burlew decides the revenue from the new ads is reliably high enough to pay for that upgrade.

Titanium Fox
2011-10-14, 11:04 PM
It's discussed on the most recent news post.

MoonCat
2011-10-15, 12:09 AM
Amusingly, on my main computer giantitp server failures are in my most visited list. Which they're trying to reduce by getting a better server which would be pad for by the ads that have showed up. It'll be like this no matter what. What everyone else said basically, but with a personal amusing anecdote included. For free!

gooddragon1
2011-10-15, 02:39 AM
Well, my post went through and you guys have answered my question so unless there's use in discussing the problem... meh... GUARDS!.

Zeb The Troll
2011-10-17, 12:46 AM
Troll Patrol: Yes, we are aware of the issue. As others have stated, however, this is due to capacity issues that are currently beyond our control. The ads are one step that has been taken to try to remedy this, as noted in the most recent News (http://www.giantitp.com/index.html#0LIl9fbvGxw4SwR2bA5) post.