PDA

View Full Version : Aerial Charges

TurtleKing
2011-10-15, 09:58 AM
So I am building a Raptoran Fighter//Marhsal pseudo gestalt for a martial campaign. Can't have pretty much any magic due to an event that made it corrupting so don't suggest anything magical in any way. I took the Dungeon Crasher ACF so wondering what the math is for bull rushing is. Well I'll just use a quote to fill in the rest.

Edit: Something I forgot to add is taking the Dungeon Crasher ACF so can bull rush. Well for most they can only bull rush in two dimensions. My character having the ability to move in three dimensions can do a diving charge. So can I do a diving charge to bull rush them to the ground triggering Dungeon Crasher's bull rush effect? So if I use a Lance being able to deal double damage on a charge regardless of having a mount? If so combined with the Raptoran's dealing double damage on a diving charge with a piercing weapon plus the bull rushing into the ground getting the dungeon crasher's bull rush damage. What would the math look like?

So we have:
Attack:
Full BAB+Str Mod=+8
Lance will be at least Masterwork so +1
Improved Bull Rush +4
Charging so +2 on attack and bull rush
Marshal's Art of War +2 on a bull rush and
Motivate Attack +1 on melee attack rolls
Damage:
Lance for 1d8
Str mod +3
Raptoran double damage on diving charge
Dungeon Crasher 4d6+2xStr mod bludgeoning damage when bull rushing into a solid object or wall like maybe a floor in my case

So what is my math?

Grod_The_Giant
2011-10-15, 12:32 PM
Not too familiar with the Raptoran or the fighter ACF, but a lance only does double damage when used from the back of a charging mount (http://www.d20srd.org/srd/equipment/weapons.htm#lance). I imagine the bull-rush-into-the-ground bit would work, though.

Kaje
2011-10-15, 12:33 PM
Look into the feat Battle Jump.

TurtleKing
2011-10-15, 12:46 PM
What source is "UE". I looked at WOTC's list of feats and found the feat, but when I searched their list didn't see the source. The part about the lance is more of asking the DM if it can be used or not for even more fun. If not can still find other weapons to use.

Kaje
2011-10-15, 12:49 PM
Unapproachable East.