PDA

View Full Version : Cold Blooded Justice IC

Moranica
2011-10-15, 03:59 PM
A searing flash of pain bounces through you head as you slowly awaken. Around you the ground seems burned. You clothes are in threads and the rest of your belongings are missing.

And then you remembered.... You were just living your life as it was when suddenly, the world exploded in a fountain of colors and sensations. It quickly turned black as your brain must have shut down to protect itself.

Taking a couple of deep breaths makes the pain dull a bit. Laying on the ground around you are several others, none of them familiar. Then, you hear a scream, a shout of anger as a bewildered man comes charging out of the bushes, swinging a sword above his head....

Battle thread (http://www.giantitp.com/forums/showthread.php?p=12033899#post12033899)

Smokin Red
2011-10-15, 04:14 PM
Findle (http://www.myth-weavers.com/sheetview.php?sheetid=330809)

Holding his head Findle looks around.
What...? Where...? Who...?

Continued in the 'Battle Thread' if I understood it right :smallsmile:

Moranica
2011-10-15, 04:24 PM
Indeed, IC is for roleplay, battlethread is for rolls/actions/rp during combat.

stack
2011-10-15, 07:11 PM
(Just posting to keep track of the thread.)

DarkArcanist
2011-10-16, 02:15 PM
Quil slowly raises himself up, and tries to orient himself.
What happened? I was sleeping, and-
Oh, there's a fight going on. Wonderful.

goser234
2011-10-17, 02:38 PM
Irund raises himself up off the ground and looks around.
"What th-!?"
He quickly jumps to his feet and runs to join in the fray.

Moranica
2011-10-24, 09:41 AM
The barbarian is dead. He has crudely fashioned leather armor, a longsword which is of good quality, but poorly kept and a sack on his back. In the sack you find 10 pieces (that would translate to 10 gp) worth of dried meat, nuts and roots (preservable food), some strings used for trapping, a flask of water and some flint.

The clearing you are in is over 500 feet in diameter and surrounded on all sides by thick decideous forest. The only landmarks would be the blackened patches were you appeared, close to the side of the clearing.

600 xp each!

Smokin Red
2011-10-24, 09:44 AM
"Thank you gracious lady." Findle is obviously relieved, that the attacker has been brought down.
Then he realizes the situation he is in and tries to merge with the roots around him.
He looks at the others suspiciously. Is there anybody hurt? Yes, the little one. *sigh*
He approaches the small dragonlike creature (Valignat) and asks: "You're hurt, should I tend to your wounds?"If he agrees I convert Cause fear to Cure minor wounds: [roll0]

stack
2011-10-24, 11:26 AM
Joss surveys the scene through his visor. Kobolds, lizard folk,...even the one that looks almost human has scales. Hmm, They stood against our attacker, perhaps we can work together.

He looks about, trying to recall what happened. At least the witch hunters aren't on my trail anymore...though looking about perhaps that was preferable.

He raises a hand in greeting. "Well met, I am Joss Sheppard. Thank you all for defeating our assailant. Do any of you know what has happened here? I remember little between traveling peacefully and awakening here."

When it comes time to divide up the loot, Joss can use the armor but not the sword. If someone else wants it though he can make do without using binds.

DarkArcanist
2011-10-24, 12:18 PM
Quil centers his breathing after the battle. That was handled professionally. I wonder who they are...

He grins at Joss. "Well met indeed. My name is Quil Achor, certified Warmage." His grin disappears. "I was just having a bit of a nap a few seconds ago. Or at least, that's what I remember."
Quil doesn't need any of the loot. Divide away.

goser234
2011-10-24, 05:05 PM
Irfund studies the group.
Good, most of us are scaly.
"I am Irfund, mighty hunter of the beasts. It is good to have your company."
Well, most of you anyway.
Irfund really isn't in need of anything. Quick question on food. Are we having a group stash or dividing it up amongst the party?

Smokin Red
2011-10-25, 09:19 AM
While (probably) healing the wounded, Findle listens to the, surprisingly, polite conversation.
At least they seem not to be such a bad bunch.
"I am called Findle Rustscale, and I am a consecrated servant of our gracious lady Chaunthea. I was studying the sacred garden of our convent, when suddenly something exploded and I appeared here, where ever here is."Findle can't really use anything of the stuff.
I vot for a group stash of food and ressources.
{table=head]Ressoures|in stock|needed

Food|10gp|1,75gp/day(?)

wood|0gp|

material(a)|0gp|

material(b)|0gp|

[/table]

stack
2011-10-25, 09:37 AM
If no one else wants them, Joss will take the gear. Seems like we are short on MW proficiency. He can wear the armor when not bound to Savnok, which he will only use when a serious fight is immanent.

Seeing the others are not interested in the fallen man's gear, Joss picks up his sword, placing it on his belt, then strips the man's armor. "I would not normally resort to looting the dead, however it seems that we may be in desperate straights. I am loathe to abandon anything that may prove useful until we know more about what has happened."

He stoops again to take a large stick, arming himself in a manner more suited to his skills, if not his appearance.

"If you are all of good will, I will lend you my aid. I ask only that you do not trouble me or make inquiry to the source of my power. I consort with no evil, so please grant we this forbearance."

"It seems that we should perhaps attempt to determine the nature of our surroundings, try to find any settlement?"

Smokin Red
2011-10-25, 09:47 AM
Findle turns to the human "I surely am of good will, although I don't understand why I should think, without even knowing you, that you are consorting with evil forces." He seems a bit irritated. "I think finding a settlement is reasonable. Perhaps we should stick together until then?"

DarkArcanist
2011-10-25, 10:50 AM
Quil picks up a long branch, and twirls it around in his hands. He nods to Findle. "Good to meet you." He then addresses the group as a whole. "Of course, I'll help with any efforts to survive. But wouldn't it be best to first set up a shelter? We don't know how far away any settlements will be."
Picking up a quarterstaff.

goser234
2011-10-25, 06:36 PM
Irfund reaches down and grabs a shorter stick(club).
"A shelter sounds like a good idea. A base of operations would be beneficial in the future."
Irfund walks over towards the corpse and pulls out the trapping wire. He then begins to search around.

rolling to find shelter material.
spot[roll0]
search[roll1]
survival if needed [roll2]
knowledge(nature) if needed [roll3]

Smokin Red
2011-10-25, 11:52 PM
"Nothing against having a shelter, but if there is a settlement nearby, it won't be necessary."
Seeing as everybody is about to arm themselves, Findle picks up a makeshift-club too.
He then turns to Irfund, pointing at the trapping wires: "Excuse me big one, but do you know how to handle those? Because I do."
I'm aware, that there probably is nothing nearby, but Findle isn't.
@goser: I didn't check everyones sheet, but with my racial bonus I have +4 on craft(trapmaking) - perhaps I should do it, although Findle won't push the matter.

stack
2011-10-26, 07:15 AM
Joss taps his staff on the ground. "If others wish to make shelter, that is not unwise. Perhaps we can divide our efforts. This clearing is as good a spot as any to meet at. Some go, together for safety, while others stay and try to find or build shelter here?"

survival to not get lost and to mark any likely food in passing [roll0]

DarkArcanist
2011-10-26, 12:30 PM
Quil sits down on the ground. "That seems as good an idea as any. Honestly, I never picked up any survival skills, so I'll go with whichever group wants me. I won't be much use- unless someone needs an explosion. That I can help with." He lies down, waiting for any decisions.

goser234
2011-10-26, 02:24 PM
"not really, no. But wire could always be used for something, right. Go ahead and take 'em."
He turns to the rest of the group.
"Splitting up doesn't sound like the safest idea, but i gess scouting around would be good. I'll stay here and start on a shelter"
@smokin red i don't need them but i figured if no one else took them, i'd try at it

Smokin Red
2011-10-26, 02:57 PM
Findle seems torn between the two possibilities.
"I am not good with survival either and splitting up could prove really dangerous. If some of you would scout the closer surroundings, the rest could start building a shelter. Just in case we are away from civilization."
He than starts looking for some usable wood.profession(miner/wood...):[roll0] (hope that's right took away my kobold miner bonus)
survival (in case the roll above doesn't work):[roll1]
@goser: it's okay, Findle just don't thought he would deserve any of the loot :smallwink:

DarkArcanist
2011-10-26, 03:08 PM
Quil stands up and brushes himself off. "I'm voting for Findle's plan; this place could be dangerous, and we need a shelter. I'll stay here, help with the building." He starts to help Findle with his task.
[roll0] Survival or Profession: Woodcutter, same mod for both.

stack
2011-10-26, 03:20 PM
"If we are resolved to stay here, I will abide. I will be better able to scout the area tomorrow regardless." Joss turns his hand to helping the others find a suitable place to construct a shelter.

I'll just use the roll above, if that's okay.

ybot
2011-10-27, 06:45 PM
sorry it took my so long. I forgot to subscribe to this thread. :smalleek:

Thank you for the Healing. Hopfuly we wont have to deal with another fight any time soon. This should keep you all safe from the heat and cold. cast a spell on all of them.

he will cast Endure Elements on them every morning from now on

If you can gather materials I can create tools or armor. Until we have material I will try to scavenge for food. I support staying here for now, but we should scout the area before making any long term decisions.

survival to find food [roll0]

Smokin Red
2011-10-28, 03:49 AM
Findle nods to the scaly halfling: "Don't thank me, thank Chauntea. If you are looking for food, could you look for tracks as well? Perhaps we could set a sling or two, and get us some more foot tomorrow, just in case."
Acting accordingly, he starts creating slings, after completing the shelter.
Okay, survival roll for building a shelter above (=15), now to create a trap from the wires: craft(trapmaking): [roll0]-2 actually... :smallannoyed:

goser234
2011-10-28, 02:57 PM
"Great. I'll help on the shelter"
Spot1d20+1
Survival 1d20

goser234
2011-10-28, 02:59 PM
rerolling
spot [roll0]
survival [roll1]

Moranica
2011-10-30, 04:55 PM
Joss taps his staff on the ground. "If others wish to make shelter, that is not unwise. Perhaps we can divide our efforts. This clearing is as good a spot as any to meet at. Some go, together for safety, while others stay and try to find or build shelter here?"

survival to not get lost and to mark any likely food in passing [roll0]

You find out which way is north.

Gathering food while traveling is another roll, and will halve travelling speed.

Moranica
2011-10-30, 05:17 PM
The group works hard after the sudden happenings. Making the best of the situation they start by building a shelter, while two of the group take care of the food required. They find the place is abundant with small wildlife and the come back with a couple of fat fowls and some berries. Findle places some snares, but finds the strings a bit troublesome.

When evening falls a nice shelter has been created. A small pine tree has had it's branches removed and stacked against it. On top of this, some evergreen branches, grass and moss have been placed so that water will run off, rather then through. It fits the whole group easily.

stack
2011-10-30, 09:49 PM
Joss surveys the shelter and food as the sun sets. "I call this a good start, for having been thrust together suddenly, with no supplies. Am I to assume from our earlier fight with the late barbarian that our companion will be capable of lighting our fire? I suppose it may not be prudent to advertise our location, given that the first other person we met tried to kill us. On the other hand, it may lead potential allies to us and keep dangerous beasts away. What say you all?"

ybot
2011-10-30, 10:00 PM
I could light a fire but it is not necessary for warmth. The spell I cast on you will keep you from getting cold. he pauses to think and then says. On the other hand if anything comes at night it would be useful to be able to see them. I don't know about any of you, but I cannot see in the dark.

Smokin Red
2011-10-31, 04:10 AM
Findle, inspecting the leather armor, turns to the human: "I'm fine in the dark, but fire could keep animals away. And I need some time at dawn to pray to Chaunthea, so she will grant me a part of her power. I have the feeling we could need it."
Turning back to the armor, he asks "Do you think we could craft some water skins from this? Or does anybody thinks the armor is more important?"

stack
2011-10-31, 07:00 AM
"I can not see in the dark either. As for the armor, I would take it. Tomorrow, if I am to be of use, I will not have the armor you see now."

When it is time to sleep, he will bow his head and dismiss his armor.

The armor lasts as long as the bind, 24 hrs, and it's better to take the penalty for dismissing it that to take a penalty for fatigue tomorrow.

Smokin Red
2011-10-31, 07:20 AM
"Then we should find a way to store water. I can create some, but it will simply seep away. Does anybody have any ideas?"

stack
2011-10-31, 07:43 AM
Joss stares at the ground in thought, shoulders hunched. "That...remains and issue. We have the dead man's water skin, though that will not suffice for all of us. It would be wise, if there are no settlements nearby, to locate a water source regardless. Even if you can conjure water, others may not. Did anyone see a log that could be hollowed out? Or any large stone formations that would hold water long enough to be of use?"

Smokin Red
2011-10-31, 08:02 AM
"Well, for the moment it must suffice, at least Valignat and me don't need as much water as you big guys" Findle says with a shy smile. :smallredface: Forgot about the waterskin of the barbarian. Is it full?

DarkArcanist
2011-10-31, 12:01 PM
Quil is stretched out on the ground, looking at the stars. "Water could be a problem. Or our current lack of said substance, anyways. I'm useless at making things, mostly, but I can do some alchemy. I know how to make a waterskin that fills itself constantly. If we can find some herbs, I might be able to make one or two."
A Weeping Flask (complete mage) would be pretty useful.

Moranica
2011-10-31, 05:02 PM
The barbarians waterskin is full.

Smokin Red
2011-10-31, 05:12 PM
"So, everybody should drink, then I can refill it. Perhaps there is hollow, where we can contain the rest, at least for a short while."
Findle is looking for a suitable hollow. Survival: [roll0]

goser234
2011-10-31, 06:07 PM
"Yes, everyone must drink"
He'll take the waterskin and drink a little, then pass it to the next person.
'Whether we light a fire or not, someone should stay on whatch. I will take the first shift of the night."
Activates Draconic Aura: Senses(+1 to spot, listen and initiative) eveyone within 30 ft also gains these benifits.

stack
2011-10-31, 09:16 PM
Joss takes his swig, careful to not drink more than his share. "I will help look. Afterword, I will take second watch, unless someone with better eyes would prefer the dark." He gets ready to head off in search of a suitable water repository.

aid another survival [roll0]

DarkArcanist
2011-10-31, 09:46 PM
Quil sits up to take a mouthful of water. "As most of you know, I'm sure, I'm an arcanist, so I can't take watch. Sorry, but if you want me to be useful I have to sleep." He might have a tiny smirk on his face. If you look closely enough.

ybot
2011-10-31, 10:37 PM
I can take third watch if needed. Sounds like everyone wants fires. He will light three fires around the group and then lie down in the center. Wake me if you need me to take watch

Moranica
2011-11-02, 05:07 PM
You find a nice hollowed out stone nearby. It's very big (too big to lift most likely), but already contains some water.

Smokin Red
2011-11-02, 05:16 PM
Findle casts 'Create water' over the hollowed stone.
"That should take care of that." He drinks some of it, and then turns to the rest of the group. "I would take the last shift, if somebody would be willing to relieve me at dawn."
If nobody is against it, he'll do exactly that, keep watch until dawn, preferably hidden from the light of the fires, and then pray for new spells.
In case you handle the whole night, while I am sleepin (in real-life):
Spot: [roll0]
Listen: [roll1]

Hide: [roll2]

{table=head]Ressources|in stock|needed

Food|10gp|1,75gp/day(?)

wood|0gp|

material(a)|0gp|

material(b)|0gp|

[/table]
Question: When should we mark the used food off?
Do we need to eat today, or did we materialize well-fed?

goser234
2011-11-03, 02:30 PM
Irfund's roll for watching
spot [roll0]
listen [roll1]

goser234
2011-11-03, 02:31 PM
Irfund's roll for watching
spot [roll0]
listen [roll1] v see below v

goser234
2011-11-03, 02:35 PM
:smallsigh: last try
spot[roll0]
listen [roll1] never mind the first is working now

stack
2011-11-03, 03:13 PM
rolls for watching
listen [roll0]
spot [roll1]

Joss drinks from the conjured water, sating the thirst inadequately addressed by the pull from the water skin. He bids the others good night, dismissing his armor with great reluctance, sleeping soundly until his watch, knowing well that in one must sleep when possible, even more so in strange and dangerous situations.

He passes his watch in quiet contemplation, though he must struggle to keep his imagination from conjuring the worst possible explanations for his present predicament, long accustomed to having little ever go his way. He also contemplates his companions, though he knows little of them yet. He is more interested in their deeds than their scales.

Normally I would put the musings in thoughts, but I wanted to represent hours of vague and idle thoughts (plus this was easier to write).

ybot
2011-11-03, 06:12 PM
When Joss wakes him, Valignat will take watch.

spot [roll0]
listen [roll1]
That should be the rest of the night

goser234
2011-11-03, 09:09 PM
I'm assuming the shelter is smaller than thirty feet across. if it is then don't forget the bonus from Irfund's Draconic Aura.:smallsmile:

Moranica
2011-11-04, 05:02 PM
It's a quiet night. Apart from an owl trying to find a partner, nothing worth noting happens.

The sunset it bright, and it promises to be a day with good weather (sun and some clouds).

ybot
2011-11-05, 10:31 AM
valignat will continue to gather food.

survival [roll0]

stack
2011-11-05, 11:02 AM
Joss rises with the sun, stretching to get out the kinks from sleeping on the bare earth. He dons the leather armor, adjusting it as well as possible, then takes up his staff. "Excuse me, I shall return in a few minutes, better prepared for the day."

He heads a short distance into the woods, then kneels down and starts drawing in the dirt, using his fingers and staff. Anyone watching would see him speaking to a phantom bird, bargaining and dealing.

Away from book, so I won't describe the whole ritual. Binding Malphas, [roll0] vs DC 15

Malphas - Bird’s Eye Viewing, Invisibility, Poison Use, Sudden Strike 1d6(sneak attack)

influence: While influenced by Malphas, you fall inlove too easily. A kind word or a friendly gesture can causeyou to devote yourself entirely to another person. Should that person reject your affection, your broken heart mends
the moment another attractive person shows you some kindness. In addition, if you have access to poison, Malphas requires that you employ it against your foes at every opportunity- shouldn't be an issue, no human-ish females present.

He returns to camp, a raven perched on his shoulder. His face is different, a ready leer in his eye. When he speaks, his teeth are black. "Now, shall we have a look around?"

stack
2011-11-05, 11:11 AM
The raven takes off, spiraling into the air in ever widening circles. Joss sits on the turf, eyes closed, a look of concentration on his face.

spot, using the raven's skill, [roll0]

looking for water, civilization, etc, making wider circles until something useful is spotted (range unlimited)

Smokin Red
2011-11-05, 11:55 AM
Findle gets up at dawn spend a time in meditative prayer.
Then he starts looking for wood and stones he could use to make tools

Profession (woodcutter): [roll0]

Food|8,25gp|1,75gp/day(?)

wood|0gp|

material(a)|0gp|

material(b)|0gp|

Other stuff|a flask (full?), flint
[/table]

I didn't keep track of the stuff I considered taken (trap-material, armor and sword)
I think somebody already searched for food, but I couldn't find any post where it was mentioned how much. (I think 3,5 gp worth)

Again: Question: When should we mark the used food off?
Do we need to eat today the day we appeared, or did we materialize well-fed?

DarkArcanist
2011-11-05, 12:40 PM
Quil stays in bed for about half an hour after he wakes up, then groans and gets up. He spends about an hour in the forest, going through militaristic spellcasting forms. He then starts to look for herbs or crystals, any magical materials to do alchemy with.
[roll0] search
If any is found, [roll1] gatherer profession

goser234
2011-11-06, 11:30 AM
Irfund wakes up and sits for a while watching the sunrise. Then brings himself to his feet and sets off into the woods with his club to go hunting

survival to find and animal [roll0]

Moranica
2011-11-07, 05:27 PM
As the sun slowly let's go of the horizon, the group goes back to work again.

Valignat sets out on a trip to get some food for the day. He stumbles upon a beehive (which he harvests using a smoky stick and protective wrappings) and a lot of nuts and berries. Enough to give 5 persons a nice meal.

Joss has his raven do some scouting. The high flying raven gives a wonderful point of view. For at least a day away, there is nothing but forest. In the distance to the north a river runs from east to west, about 2 days away from your current location. In the west, the forest seems to become less green, with some fog and dead trees signaling an unhealthy forest.

Findle cuts down a good sturdy tree nearby, though it happens to be half rotten, when fully brought down. Still, some (1 gp worth) of the wood is still usefull.

Quil, spends a long day, walking around looking for herbs which have useful properties concerning magics. Late in the afternoon he finally happens upon a patch of strangely coloured lilies. He collects them and returns to camp with them (1.2 gp worth).

Irfund heads of into the forest as well, looking to hunt some animals. He finds nothing but a rabbit with a broken paw, which makes it an easy target for his new club. (food for 1)

200 xp each

You arrived well fed, so mark off food at the end of each day (also considering survival successes. Eg, this time, no additional food was needed)

Smokin Red
2011-11-07, 06:27 PM
Findle seems pretty pleased with his small pieces of wood.
At least it was rotten inside. Wouldn't want to annoy Chauntea by cutting down important trees.
He is then using his claws to carve a relief of a rose with ears of wheat in it.

Craft (toolmaking): [roll0] (holy symbol)

Food|10gp|6gp/day(?)

wood|1gp|

material(alchemy)|1,2gp|

material(b)|0gp|

[/table]

I don't keep track of the stuff I consider taken (trap-material, armor and sword)
Please tell me if I forget something

Smokin Red
2011-11-07, 06:34 PM
Sorry messed up the roll
craft (toolmaking): [roll0] (improvised tools? if so -2)
Well, should be enough :smallwink:

stack
2011-11-07, 08:45 PM
After spending the day sitting still, Joss stands, unsteady on legs long numb. After restoring blood flow and wincing at the passing pins and needles, he relates his findings to the others as they return from their tasks.

"A river is good. Rivers mean fresh water, life. Fish to eat, may even find others. Gives us a good reference for exploration, too. Say we gather what we can for another day or two, then relocate? The dead forest to the west is interesting, but given the lack of civilization, we should see to our needs before investigating. What say you all?" They are good men. All have put in their work so far. Better scales on the skin than knives in the back. I've known many that would be less trustworthy.

goser234
2011-11-07, 09:43 PM
Irfund strolls into camp right as Joss finishes talking.
"That sounds like an OK idea. Fresh water would be good. I'm with him, I say we go to the river after this...Oh, i also found a rabbit.Does anyone have something to gut it with? I'd rather not have to use my claws."

Smokin Red
2011-11-08, 02:57 AM
Findle looks up from his carving, "I agree with Joss. A river means life and probably civilization."
Then speaking to Irfund, while turning to his carving again, "Couldn't you use the sword?"

Hmm, this carving comes along pretty good.
Findle has calmed down from the shock of the other day.
Well, what do I know? Five people from vastly different backgrounds, hence different locations, wake up nude in the middle of nowhere. Oh, after a flash of light, nonetheless. Have I heard something like this before...?
Lore: [roll0] (Anything I know, in history or myth, that parallels our situation)
I don't think so, but I had to use my class feature at least once now, because I forgot it at the beginning :smallwink:

DarkArcanist
2011-11-08, 11:44 AM
Quil has been examining the herbs that he found, smelling them, feeling them.
"I'm in solidarity. A freshwater river would be an excellent base of operations. We should probably coordinate our efforts until relocation."

goser234
2011-11-08, 03:26 PM
"Ah. Thank you.May I please borrow that."He says, motioning at the sword

stack
2011-11-08, 03:37 PM
Joss hands the sword over, hilt first. "I again suggest we gather enough food that we can make the journey and set up shelter without having to split our attention to stay fed. We will want to take time to scout the most favorable site. There is no sign of any civilization for several days worth of travel, so we should build expecting to be there for awhile."

One day at a time. Stay fed, keep sheltered. Hopefully we can build on that, but first things first.

ybot
2011-11-08, 07:27 PM
The river will be very useful for both water and transportation. I would suggest we leave as soon as possible but go slowly so that we can work as we travel.

stack
2011-11-11, 03:41 PM
Sensing the general assent to his plan, Joss readies to turn in for the night, eating as small a dinner as he feels he can get by on to conserve their supplies. He takes his watch without complaint, the raven quietly circling the camp.

(Assuming nothing happens over night)

In the morning, he again excuses himself to the woods to perform his ritual.

he will again bind Malphas [roll0] vs DC 15

Returning, he addresses the group. "If we are to begin traveling today, let us waste no time." He helps gathering their meager supplies and leads the way North, using his avian companion to keep an eye out ahead of them.

I think we were done, so lets keep moving. We need to be better about declaring our actions finished for the day so the thread doesn't linger.

Smokin Red
2011-11-12, 05:35 AM
Findle continues carving. After a frugal meal, for which he will again conjure water, he is going to sleep and, if necessary, also takes his watch.
At dawn he prays to his goddess to grant him her support.

Then he agrees with the human, "Yes, let's take what we can use, and be on our way. No need to stay longer than necessary."
Okay, let's make some rolls for the travel.
Survival: [roll0] (looking for food on the way, or, if we don't get going, around the camp, if I finished carving)
Spot: [roll1] (keeping my eyes open for danger or remarkable thingys :smallsmile: ...)
Listen: [roll2] (...also keeping my ears open.)
Knowledge (nature) (untrained) [roll3] (What do I know about the climatic region - flora and fauna)

In case of danger:
Hide: [roll4]

EDIT: Wow that are some BAD rolls :smallannoyed:

As I live, obviously in a different timezone, I try to cover as much situations as possible, so that I don't keep this from going on.
If I shouldn't please say so. :smalltongue:

Moranica
2011-11-14, 05:19 PM
Findle works on his holy symbol, and while inexperienced, he does a good job and finishes it in one third of the time, normally required and uses up 3 sp worth of materials. (20*DC15 = 300cp is 3 times the needed 1 gp)

On the lore check. You are sure no records of such a happening exist. Sure, it has happened to some hero's, but that might be due to drinking and thievery. Five at once, and so far from your original place, never before.

The rest day is filled with brainstorming and forming a plan of action. Night comes quick, and passes just as fast. A watery sun breaks through this morning and it promises to be good weather with blue skies.

Smokin Red
2011-11-14, 05:33 PM
(Hopefully) actual 'ressources table':
Did nobody search for food?

Food|4gp|6gp/day
wood|0,7gp|

material(alchemy)|1,2gp|

material(b)|0gp|

[/table]

I don't keep track of the stuff I consider taken (trap-material, armor and sword)
Please tell me if I forget something

goser234
2011-11-14, 06:57 PM
don't forget the 0.5 rabbit skin on the resource list

stack
2011-11-14, 07:12 PM
spot, using the raven's mod, [roll0]
listen [roll1]

I already posted his morning above. Let's march!

Moranica
2011-11-15, 04:58 PM
Direction? Even if random, roll 1d4. :smallbiggrin:

Smokin Red
2011-11-15, 05:02 PM
to the river :smallbiggrin:
Survival: [roll0] if necessary for orientation

AAAAH! The dice roller hates me - I just know it :smallmad:

stack
2011-11-15, 08:24 PM
We had decided on North, to the river.

ybot
2011-11-15, 11:55 PM
Valignat will look for food as they travel to the river.

survival [roll0]

goser234
2011-11-16, 03:24 PM
Irfund will stray slightly away from the group, but still within sight and earshot, looking for animals or useful items.
survival [roll0]
knowledge(nature)if needed [roll1]
search if needed [roll2]

Moranica
2011-11-17, 04:39 PM
The group sets off, the thick forest and lush undergrowth provide troublesome walking conditions to all. Thankfully, the local wildlife uses a lot of trails and using these, walking single file, the group makes good progress. Irfund and Valignat look for food, while walking. And while this does slow down the group, they find a nice small tortoise and a fig tree, providing sufficient foods for everyone.

Dusk is about to settle in, and the forest has gone quiet. Small clouds have formed over the day and rain will be here within days.

Smokin Red
2011-11-17, 04:55 PM
Looking at the sky warily, Findle turns to the others.
"How long do you think will it take us to reach the river? It looks like rain, and we are not really dressed for bad weather.
If we could reach the river by walking longer, I would propose we take the risk of being exhausted, and perhaps gaining some time to build a new shelter."
Survival: [roll0] (to predict how long we will have until it rains)
Yes, finally, a roll I can use! :smallbiggrin:

goser234
2011-11-17, 06:16 PM
"Yes we should move quickly. It would not be good to be out in the open when bad weather comes."

stack
2011-11-17, 08:37 PM
Joss

"It was a two-day march, as well as I could see from the air. Let me take a moment to judge our progress." The Raven wheels back to him before climbing, weaving between branches, seeking open sky.

Try to see where we are relative to the clearing, river, and any landmarks from the previous scouting.

DarkArcanist
2011-11-18, 11:59 AM
Quil sighs. "If everyone thinks that is the best course of action, I'll not oppose it. I'd like to rest, though. It's been a long day..." He yawns widely, as if to make a point.

ybot
2011-11-18, 07:01 PM
The weather will barely effect us. I can cast my spell to keep us all comfortable in heat or cold. Right now I would say rest is more important than shelter.

he is still casting endure elements on everyone in the mornings

stack
2011-11-18, 10:44 PM
"Agreed. I as certain we will not make it the whole way, but I want to know how far we have come. If we are not half-way, then I say we press on to as to make the journey in two days."

Smokin Red
2011-11-19, 10:29 AM
Findle
"Good, if you think so. I will follow you, I am not really experienced in getting alone in the wilderness"

stack
2011-11-21, 04:57 PM
Joss

"The food gathering has slowed us considerably. At our current pace it is three days to the river. We could go faster, but we would not be able to gather food. Given our stocks, I say we camp tonight and keep our current pace."

Smokin Red
2011-11-21, 05:42 PM
"Food is more important, I agree." Findle says, then, pointing to the sky, he adds "But it will start raining soon, and if I am not mistaken, there will be a storm in the next two days." He turns to Valignat "Even if you can protect us from the cold, traveling will be tough. Perhaps we should look for shelter and wait this out."

He then starts looking for suitable places, which could provide shelter with small or no effort
Survival: [roll0]

goser234
2011-11-22, 03:53 PM
"Waiting it out may be the best course of action. I did not realize we were so far away."
He then immediatly starts working on a shelter

survival [roll0]
search [roll1]

Moranica
2011-11-24, 05:16 PM
Two quick shelters are created out of some branches and grass. While they are very basic, and not so strong, they will provide cover from most of the rain and wind. It is night when they are finished.

goser234
2011-11-24, 10:49 PM
"I will again take first watch.Tell me if you wish to take a shift."
Irfund walks towards the doorway of one of the shelters and sits down off to the side.
activates Aura of Senses(+1 to spot, listen, and initiative to all within 30 ft, even when he's sleeping)

ybot
2011-11-25, 12:01 AM
I can take second watch. He will light a fire in the middle of the shelter with his fire breath and lay down next to it. Wake me when you get tired.

Smokin Red
2011-11-25, 04:53 AM
Findle will take a watch if needed.
"If we need water now, I can create some. But I would need some time in the morning to prepare the spell again. If we stay here during the day, I could sleep then."
Casting 'Create Water' if necessary.
I'm not sure if we will stay here for a day - depends on the weather I think - but if we will, I could take watch in the night, pray for spells in the morning and sleep then.
In case of taking watch:
Spot: [roll0]
Listen: [roll1]
(both including the +1 bonus from Irfunds aura)

Hide: [roll2] (hiding near the shelters during the watch, so I can see potential enemies, before they can see me)

stack
2011-11-27, 09:10 PM
Joss

"I will take the fourth then. If they weather holds, do we continue on? Walking in the rain may be unpleasant, but I am eager to make our destination. As for water, I fear we have that in abundance." He gives a half smile while water drips onto his head from a gap in the shelter.

Moranica
2011-11-30, 04:47 PM
The night passes quickly, and morning comes. Clouds are slowly packing overhead.

stack
2011-11-30, 05:02 PM
Binding check, sticking with Malphas (I'll get to use others when we to something other than walk/explore)

binding check [roll0] vs DC 15 Huzzah, a good bind! Not that it matters much anyway.

Joss leaves again at first light to go into the woods, addressing the others when he returns. "We have many miles to go. I saw we press on, regardless of weather." The now familiar raven perches on his shoulder, shaking of raindrops as they enter the make-shift shelter.

Smokin Red
2011-11-30, 05:16 PM
"I heard something sounding like wolves this night.", Findle adds, watching the forest uncomfortably, "Perhaps it is really better to press on."

ybot
2011-12-04, 10:34 AM
Yes. I will continue to look for food as we walk. The weather may slow us down but it will not harm us.

survival [roll0]

goser234
2011-12-04, 09:27 PM
"Very well. Onward then."
Irfund will also look for food or usefull items
survival [roll0]

Smokin Red
2011-12-05, 03:28 AM
Findle
"Let's keep cautious, there maybe other things in this forest."
Scanning the environment for potential threats:
Listen: [roll0]
Spot: [roll1]

Looking for food and/or useful items:
Survival: [roll2]

stack
2011-12-05, 08:21 AM
As they set out again, the bird takes wing, making a quick loop around the party, then flying ahead, occasionally circling back to make a wide loop around the walkers.

listen [roll1]

Moranica
2011-12-11, 05:58 PM
The day passes quickly, but the group makes good progress. While the forest doesn't change much, the sky does. Thick clouds pack overhead during the day and towards the end a small drissle starts as dusk comes.

stack
2011-12-11, 10:07 PM
Joss rests against the trunk of a tree. "Two more days, at our pace. I think we ought rest for the night, no gain in pressing on in the dark and rain." And another day without sign of any others. Not encouraging. At lest we haven't been attacked again. Still, the river is our best hope, for now.

"I will take first watch. Let's hope we have moved beyond the range of those wolves we heard."

Joss aids the others in setting-up basic shelters, an activity becoming quite familiar.

In the morning, he repeats another familiar ritual.he will again bind Malphas [roll0] vs DC 15

ybot
2011-12-11, 10:54 PM
I can take second watch. The river will not help us until the rain stops but we may as well travel now with free water falling from the sky. Hopefully it will be enough to keep the animals in their caves.

Valignat will help set up the shelter and try to light a fire inside.

survival [roll0]

Smokin Red
2011-12-12, 04:06 AM
Findle stays with the group and mostly silent.
He aids the others building the shelter and offers himself again for taking a watch.
The storm will come soon, best to stay near the big trees.
Survival: [roll0]

goser234
2011-12-13, 07:34 PM
After a long day the groups stops and Irfund leans on a tree.
"Two days still. The river is farther than I thought."
Irfund will help build the shelter where he can.
He will also activate the perception aura (+1 to spot,listen, and init to all within 30 ft. even while he is sleeping)
survival [roll0]

Moranica
2011-12-20, 05:12 PM
It doesn't take long for the shelters to go up. It is findle who find a nice spot, below a big old oak. Suddenly, a flash of lightning and a thunderous roar split the skies, and as you dive for the cover of the shelter, the heavens open up. Curtains of water are blown to bits by the wind, but you are well protected by the big oak.

Several more lightning strikes occur over the following hour, some far away, but others close by. The wind and rain torment the forest, sending wet leaves flying.

Then it happens. Lightning finds the big oak and flash and thunder come at you simultaniously. (DC 12 fort save or deafened for 2 rnds) Right after one of the big branches comes down, crashing on your shelter. A branch come through the roof, but misses everyone. The shelter holds and prevents you from getting crushed by the branch.

Battlethread (http://www.giantitp.com/forums/showthread.php?p=12407975#post12407975)

Smokin Red
2012-01-13, 04:57 PM
Still shaking after the encounter, Findle addresses his comrades, "Is anybody else hurt badly?"

He looks around nervously, ready to hide at the merest hint of danger.

stack
2012-01-13, 11:00 PM
Joss slowly lowers his makeshift club. "I am well enough. What was that? I have never seen its like. We must be on our guard doubly so now, where there is one there will be more. I will sweep the area quickly."

The now familiar raven appears out of the trees, swooping low through the group before banking away.

listen [roll1]

goser234
2012-01-13, 11:13 PM
"I am fine. Thank you for asking." Irfund looks around making sure everything is clear."I will take watch."
activates perception aura (+1 to spot,listen, init)
spot:[roll0]
1d20listen: [roll1]

Smokin Red
2012-01-14, 04:48 AM
Findle stays close to Joss.
"I would rather not stay here, could we move on?"

I'm not sure if I still get new spells, if so, I'd like to know who hasn't got full hp's and how many you'd need to be fully healed, just to make sure to use my spells...

stack
2012-01-14, 10:41 AM
"We should wait out the storm. We need rest, especially after a fight. Still, overlapping watches may be wise." Joss sits heavily on the wet ground, eyes closed to focus on the raven's senses.

7 of 10 HP. Do our level 2 HP just 'pop', or do we need to recover them naturally?

Moranica
2012-02-01, 10:13 AM
It's a rough night, but eventually the storm passes and a watery sun chases away the night. It is obvious to the group that this will only be temporary though. Grey clouds crowd the horizon in the direction the wind comes from.