PDA

View Full Version : Kingdoms - A browserbased strategy RPG

Driderman
2011-10-16, 07:04 AM
So, I happened upon this interesting game called Kingdoms. The basic premise is that you start with a 5-man party of level 1 characters in a random town in a big world where you kill rats in sewers until you feel strong enough to go adventure and quest in the wilds.

Standard fare, so far but now it gets interesting: As you rise in level you gain access to other options like hiring other characters to establish garrisons in the wilds, doing quests for items, raiding towns, plundering towns, owning buildings, switching kingdom loyalties or declaring yourself freemen, getting your partymembers appointed mayor of a town or even king!
The game is a hobby project but even though its, according to the developer, far from done it feels both polished and professionally done even though it still has some rough corners and somewhat limited documentation on some aspects of the game.

Do yourself a favour and check out this game, take note that the game is somewhat slowpaced though. Also, please use my referral link as then I'll get some sort of obscure reward which I have no idea what consists of :smallbiggrin:

My referral link: http://kingdoms-game.com/player/[email protected]

Driderman
2011-10-18, 04:52 AM
So, I've gotten a slew of referred people playing this game and the thread has gotten 87 views as of writing, did anyone from here actually join in?

Me and some people from Bay12 are planning to establish our own kingdom, I'd assume that if any of the Gitp people are playing they might be interested in joining a newly established power as opposed to those old, crumbling kingdoms currently in existence.

If anyone's interested in knowing more, just post here or hit me up on the Kingdoms chat, I'm Sartain in Kingdoms.

Maelstrom
2011-10-18, 12:27 PM
Signed up to at least see what it's about, but the verification email is taking *forever*...

Driderman
2011-10-18, 02:22 PM
Signed up to at least see what it's about, but the verification email is taking *forever*...

Strange, it arrived instantly when I signed up.

Maelstrom
2011-10-18, 03:03 PM
Checked gmail's Spam box...it was there....so played a bit. We'll see how it goes

Dublock
2011-10-18, 03:31 PM
I am interested, I am not going to promise I'll play forever but I will play for the next few days (Kinda, I am busy Thursday) and see.

I let the game generate a party and added the name of the party to be Five Fearsome Friends for fame. No, I didn't spend a lot of time thinking of it :P

Maxios
2011-10-18, 04:23 PM
So, I've gotten a slew of referred people playing this game and the thread has gotten 87 views as of writing, did anyone from here actually join in?

Me and some people from Bay12 are planning to establish our own kingdom, I'd assume that if any of the Gitp people are playing they might be interested in joining a newly established power as opposed to those old, crumbling kingdoms currently in existence.

If anyone's interested in knowing more, just post here or hit me up on the Kingdoms chat, I'm Sartain in Kingdoms.

I joined.

This game's pretty awesome so far. My group's called The Silver Order and consists of a Priest, two Warriors, and one Archer. So far, I've used 915 turns.

^: I just saw your party

Dublock
2011-10-19, 04:55 PM
Pretty cool game so far. *wishes for more spells, but what else is new :P*

All of my toons are level 2 and making a living of killing things...for the most part lol.

Driderman
2011-10-19, 05:00 PM
Pretty cool game so far. *wishes for more spells, but what else is new :P*

All of my toons are level 2 and making a living of killing things...for the most part lol.

Once you hit level 2 or 3 and have kitted out your characters decently you should probably start looking for dungeons

Leecros
2011-10-21, 12:51 PM
You know what? Why not? I'll try it. I saw this thread when twas first posted and just kind of shrugged it off, but it stayed in the back of my mind, so now i have little to do so why not?

Look out for The Bronze Clasps!

Thank you dwarf fortress for your group name generator :smalltongue:

Starwulf
2011-10-21, 11:41 PM
I have signed up :) The Star Devourers: Starwulf(mage), Shadowwulf(Priest), Darkwulf(Archer), Nightwulf(Warrior), Lightwulf(Priest).

What's this about joining a new kingdom or something?

Edit: Is there any point in searching rooms in the sewers? I ask because I keep going to squares that look like they have pictures of bodies in them, but I have yet to find anything searching in them ^^

Also, I'm going to have to do some reading, cuz I can't get my priests or mage to cast any spells, whatsoever.

Double Edit: I need better equipment. Is there really a point in upgrading your equipment, or should you just try to find a different town with better equipment for sale? I have 1200 Gold sitting on me, and all my guys are fully equipped. If I could buy health potions or something I'd be happy.

Do I really have to wait until tomorrow for NEW spells? can't I just camp or something?(note: that's not actually working, sadly). Man, there are some NASTY creature groups outside the gate. Fought 2 dark elves, 2 zombies, and 3 Wisps. Kicked their ass even though when I engaged it said the battle was going to be "even". Already almost level 3 for my warrior(about 200 exp to go). The rest are about 300 out. Took me a bit to realize I needed my warrior at the top of the list so he'd bear the brunt of most of the damage. Also, I figured out how to cast spells ^^

Leecros
2011-10-22, 07:06 AM
Edit: Is there any point in searching rooms in the sewers? I ask because I keep going to squares that look like they have pictures of bodies in them, but I have yet to find anything searching in them ^^

I believe the bodies are just aesthetic. Searching the rooms does discover secret doors sometimes. I don't know if it does anything else.

Also, I'm going to have to do some reading, cuz I can't get my priests or mage to cast any spells, whatsoever.

when combat starts you see the line of enemies on the left side of the screen and your party's face on the right side of the screen. Under your characters' portrait you'll see 3 buttons. Normally the first one is highlighted and the other one(two for casters) will be grayed out. Casters have a cast button there which you can select to cast their spells.

Double Edit: I need better equipment. Is there really a point in upgrading your equipment, or should you just try to find a different town with better equipment for sale? I have 1200 Gold sitting on me, and all my guys are fully equipped. If I could buy health potions or something I'd be happy.

From what i've read and understand, upgrading your equipment is very important later on after you have good equipment...i could be wrong though

Do I really have to wait until tomorrow for NEW spells? can't I just camp or something?(note: that's not actually working, sadly). Man, there are some NASTY creature groups outside the gate. Fought 2 dark elves, 2 zombies, and 3 Wisps. Kicked their ass even though when I engaged it said the battle was going to be "even". Already almost level 3 for my warrior(about 200 exp to go). The rest are about 300 out. Took me a bit to realize I needed my warrior at the top of the list so he'd bear the brunt of most of the damage. Also, I figured out how to cast spells ^^

Well, gee...i haven't even made it to level 2 yet.:smallyuk:

Then again i spent most of my point allotment on wandering a small town's sewer system trying to attack rats that weren't there the first day(it's a long, boring story)

Dublock
2011-10-22, 07:19 AM
some of my toons are level 3 :p

But I have been buying mostly armor cause even though my mage and priest are behind my warriors and an archer, they get hit a lot -.-. So I been buying armor for them for the most part.

I did find a cool battleaxe that has feather enchantment along with critical increase. Still trying to work myself up to a dungeon still.

Mefika
2011-10-22, 09:30 AM
I've been playing it a little bit myself the past few days, have advanced a few of my toons up to level 6 already but only actually been in one dungeon so far. Started out near the top-centre of the map with a party of two Warriors, two Archers and one Priest.

So far I'd actually recommend completing various town quests to bonus exp and gold for things you'd be doing anyway, if a shop is selling any jewels made sure you buy one of each for your inventory as for one of the town quests all you have to do is sell the specified jewel and rake in some bonuses! Oh and Warriors work well with two-handed weapons, the one I kitted out like that has the biggest exp total of all my toons and puts out the most hurt on monsters.

Driderman
2011-10-22, 10:00 AM
I have signed up :) The Star Devourers: Starwulf(mage), Shadowwulf(Priest), Darkwulf(Archer), Nightwulf(Warrior), Lightwulf(Priest).

What's this about joining a new kingdom or something?

Yes, you only get spells once every 24 real life hours so you'll have to make the most of them.
Concerning armour and weapon upgrades, I'm saving my gold until I get a hold of some indestructible stuff, which is very important as durability goes down quite quickly once you move up a couple of levels.

Leecros
2011-10-22, 11:39 AM
I've been leaving mine up lately and using my turns every few hours when i think about it...i'm not a huge fan of that turn system, but i understand why the dev(s) put it in. It's just that...it makes me feel like it's one of those Facebook games where you can only do so much before you have to wait for energy power time turns stuff...

Starwulf
2011-10-22, 02:25 PM
Well, I managed to get all but one character up to level 3 last night, and my warrior is almost level 4 now(over halfway). Course, I keep picking fights with nasty stuff, so I haven't gotten to buy much new stuff, keep spending it on resurrection and healing, but eventually I'll level to the point where that doesn't happen and then I"ll get to keep all the nice money :)

Edit: Well, everyone's level 4, and my dwarf is just about level 5 now. Got a nice build-up of gold now, just waiting till I find a couple of nice weapons or armor to spend it on.

Driderman
2011-10-22, 05:50 PM
I've been talking a bit with the developer the last couple of days and what we're playing right now is actually a pretty bare-bones version of the final product he's envisioning.
It all sounds pretty awesome, the things he has planned :D

Starwulf
2011-10-22, 11:23 PM
I've been talking a bit with the developer the last couple of days and what we're playing right now is actually a pretty bare-bones version of the final product he's envisioning.
It all sounds pretty awesome, the things he has planned :D

Well, considering how much fun I'm already having, if this is only bare-bones, I can't wait to see the improvements made.

So, Final stats after my first 24 hours of play: Warrior is level 6, Archer is level 5(close to 6), and Both Priests + mage are level 4(One is close to 5, the others are nowhere near). I was pretty happy, I managed to ding 4 on my mage with 8 minutes to go before the new day, so I got to get more spell points and make one final adjustment to what I wanted my spells to be for the day. I"ll be making sure I keep them in reserve today, for something a bit more tougher then the creatures I find wandering the wilderness.

Fri
2011-10-23, 06:53 AM
I'm just testing it now. Interesting. How do you cast spell?

edit: nevermind, found it.

Driderman
2011-10-23, 09:54 AM
Well, considering how much fun I'm already having, if this is only bare-bones, I can't wait to see the improvements made.

So, Final stats after my first 24 hours of play: Warrior is level 6, Archer is level 5(close to 6), and Both Priests + mage are level 4(One is close to 5, the others are nowhere near). I was pretty happy, I managed to ding 4 on my mage with 8 minutes to go before the new day, so I got to get more spell points and make one final adjustment to what I wanted my spells to be for the day. I"ll be making sure I keep them in reserve today, for something a bit more tougher then the creatures I find wandering the wilderness.

Once you get up around party level 10-12, you're going to have to fight rather tactically if you want to win, so keep that mage nice and cozy. Personally I'm considering investing in a second one. On that note, remember that you can have up to 8 characters in a party.

Starwulf
2011-10-23, 11:08 PM
Well, most of my guys are level 6 now, somehow my mage is still 4(albeit, he's only 35 exp away from 5), and my dwarf is 1100ish away from level 8. I just found a grouping of towns though in the farther upper left corner, and man do they have some awesome gear for sale. Full Suits of armor, tons of enchanted weapons, good blacksmiths....I'm going to be farming up here for a while until all of my guys are fully kitted out and I've done all the quests I can. Already spent all my cash, haven't even finished armoring up my guys yet. They got nicer helmets too! Woot. lol. Also, note of wisdom: Splint mail is lighter, and gives more defense then scale mail. pretty obvious due to the price difference, but I actually figured It would weight more as well, but it doesn't, it's like 12lbs lighter, which is great for my mage.

Driderman
2011-10-24, 02:04 PM
Turtling up your mage in full plate, steel cap and dual-wielding shields while defensive fighting is a great way to keep him safe while levelling him, although of course he gets less XP since he's not killing anything himself.

Starwulf
2011-10-24, 05:09 PM
Hmm, I've already come to the point where tactics are needed now. I investigated a level 2 dungeon, there were all sorts of nasties in there, but I managed to win every battle without a loss due to careful spell use. I found a treasure room! what the hell are potions of strength and agility used for? they sell for 880 gold a piece. Also, what is the whole movement factor? I haven't seen that or the potions covered in the help section. I found an armor in the dungeon that gives +4 to movement factor. About to buy a helm that gives +1 turns per day or something, but that really doesn't sound to terribly useful if it's +1 per day, as compared to +1 per hour.

All my guys are level 6 now(I've noticed there is a very small gap in exp needed between 5 and 6, as compared to literally any other level(2600 to 3,000), My fighter is about 200 away from 8.

Leecros
2011-10-24, 06:58 PM
what the hell are potions of strength and agility used for?

I believe they raise their respective stats by one, but what i don't know is whether it's permanent or not. I used an Intelligence one on my one mage, but i forgot to check his int beforehand so i don't know if it's permanent or not. :smallredface:

As for my party, i've found several sets of full plate and am running around a level 1 dungeon all willy nilly. Assuredly with such a false sense of security...this will not end well.

Starwulf
2011-10-24, 07:33 PM
I believe they raise their respective stats by one, but what i don't know is whether it's permanent or not. I used an Intelligence one on my one mage, but i forgot to check his int beforehand so i don't know if it's permanent or not. :smallredface:

As for my party, i've found several sets of full plate and am running around a level 1 dungeon all willy nilly. Assuredly with such a false sense of security...this will not end well.

Hehe, always a good possibility of that. My first battle in the Level 2 dungeon was apparently against a group of enemies that had killed the last party that faced them. It was supposed to be 10 enemies, but instead was only 6, and the 6 were all at varying degrees of health(all of them at half or less), yet I still got 125-200 exp per person, and 250 gold for the battle ^^

Here's a question for ya: How do you USE those potions? I've tried right click, no command other then to split, drop, or give to someone else. I've tried clicking and dragging it onto my characters portrait, and the respective stat, nothing happened. Kinda lost on how to use the damnable things.

Tempted to not even use them anyways, wouldn't mind selling em both, and using that gold to buy my 6th party member, a level 5 Mage I just found for sale.

Leecros
2011-10-24, 08:11 PM
Here's a question for ya: How do you USE those potions? I've tried right click, no command other then to split, drop, or give to someone else. I've tried clicking and dragging it onto my characters portrait, and the respective stat, nothing happened. Kinda lost on how to use the damnable things.

IIRC it's a command that appears under the character's portrait on the righthand side outside of battle. The location where you give the attack/defend/spell commands during battle. Similar to the 'heal' spell i believe.

I really do wish that the help menu was more detailed. It would make it easier on newer players. Plus i don't have that great of a memory anyway.

Starwulf
2011-10-24, 08:34 PM
IIRC it's a command that appears under the character's portrait on the righthand side outside of battle. The location where you give the attack/defend/spell commands during battle. Similar to the 'heal' spell i believe.

I really do wish that the help menu was more detailed. It would make it easier on newer players. Plus i don't have that great of a memory anyway.

Thank you much ^^ I'll let you know if those potion effects are permanent or not soon enough(figure They can't possibly last more then an hour, so I'll check at 10:30 and see if I still have 31 STR on my Dwarf.

On another note, I just bought my 6th member, a level 5 mage that's less then 60 exp away from level 6 :). Figured that was a pretty good buy, though his equipment sucks.

edit: Verdicts in, and yes, the potions are permanent stat boosts, or at least they last longer then an hour(Popped it a bit before 9:30, it's 11:12 now).

Leecros
2011-10-24, 10:34 PM
Hmm... What is it about shortbows that make them so much more expensive than slings?

This is purely academic since i have a longbow, but a sling has a weight of 4, an attack factor of 6 and a damage of 4 and it uses Sling Stones which weigh .2 . It's also a one-handed weapon so it can be used with a shield.

A shortbow has a weight of 12, an attack factor of 3, and a damage of 4 and it uses arrows which weigh .1 . It is a two-handed weapon, so no shield.

Shortbows cost 50 or 60 GP
Slings cost like...6

It just didn't seem to be worth the cost. Yes arrows weigh less, but i wouldn't think that alone would be worth almost 10 times as much.

Of course it's a moot point since I already have thousands of gold pieces and it doesn't really take anyone over level 1 to get enough for it, but it just seems like an oversight.

Another possibility is that i'm missing something.

Starwulf
2011-10-24, 10:48 PM
Hmm... What is it about shortbows that make them so much more expensive than slings?

This is purely academic since i have a longbow, but a sling has a weight of 4, an attack factor of 6 and a damage of 4 and it uses Sling Stones which weigh .2 . It's also a one-handed weapon so it can be used with a shield.

A shortbow has a weight of 12, an attack factor of 3, and a damage of 4 and it uses arrows which weigh .1 . It is a two-handed weapon, so no shield.

Shortbows cost 50 or 60 GP
Slings cost like...6

It just didn't seem to be worth the cost. Yes arrows weigh less, but i wouldn't think that alone would be worth almost 10 times as much.

Of course it's a moot point since I already have thousands of gold pieces and it doesn't really take anyone over level 1 to get enough for it, but it just seems like an oversight.

Another possibility is that i'm missing something.

Here is my purely hypothetical guess: Since there are two rows you can put your characters in(front and back), a Sling is a Front row weapon only, meaning you can't do as much damage from the back-row with it? Whereas a bow would obviously have a greater range(especially over a sling), and allows you to keep your archer safe in the back-row while still dealing full damage. That, and the ammo consideration. I buy 200 arrows at a time, that's 20lbs. If I bought 200 stones, that's 40lb. It adds up in the higher #s.

Driderman
2011-10-25, 12:28 AM
Thank you much ^^ I'll let you know if those potion effects are permanent or not soon enough(figure They can't possibly last more then an hour, so I'll check at 10:30 and see if I still have 31 STR on my Dwarf.

On another note, I just bought my 6th member, a level 5 mage that's less then 60 exp away from level 6 :). Figured that was a pretty good buy, though his equipment sucks.

edit: Verdicts in, and yes, the potions are permanent stat boosts, or at least they last longer then an hour(Popped it a bit before 9:30, it's 11:12 now).

Potions are permanent, yes

Level8Mudcrab
2011-10-25, 04:46 AM
Started playing this earlier, it's pretty interesting. My party name is Knights of Equestria, in case anyone sees me.

So far I'm down two party members, three to go :smallbiggrin:

Driderman
2011-10-25, 01:46 PM
Started playing this earlier, it's pretty interesting. My party name is Knights of Equestria, in case anyone sees me.

So far I'm down two party members, three to go :smallbiggrin:

Try not to get your guys killed too much, they lose XP when resurrected and it gets progressively more expensive to resurrect them as they rise in level.

Leecros
2011-10-26, 08:14 PM
I haven't had any of my adventurers die since they hit level 3...I imagine that will probably change once i do something idiotic or something.:smalltongue:

Knight9910
2011-10-26, 09:40 PM
I decided to play the game a little. It's not bad, though I don't think it seems like something I want to spend a lot of time on either.

Is it just me or do mages seem to be ridiculously underpowered in this game? Only getting new spells every 24 real world hours means that unless you only play for about a half an hour a day they'll spend 90% of their time without magic anyway.

I dunno about you, but my mage seems to spend most of his time in the dirt. I think a priest is worthwhile, but mages just seems worthless to me.

Starbuck_II
2011-10-26, 11:40 PM
I decided to play the game a little. It's not bad, though I don't think it seems like something I want to spend a lot of time on either.

Is it just me or do mages seem to be ridiculously underpowered in this game? Only getting new spells every 24 real world hours means that unless you only play for about a half an hour a day they'll spend 90% of their time without magic anyway.

I dunno about you, but my mage seems to spend most of his time in the dirt. I think a priest is worthwhile, but mages just seems worthless to me.

Make sure Mage is wielding a shield (go dagger or Sling) and in back.
Weaken helps lower damage from heavy hitting enemies, that blaster spell (cost 1) deals decent damage, etc.
My Priest was first to die. They ganked him, but I raised him.

I bought a second Priest when I got the money after finishing sewers (got a magic Halbred and splint mail).

Driderman
2011-10-27, 02:25 AM

The first 5 levels or so mages are pretty underpowered so you might as just put him in platemail, on defensive mode, dual-wielding the largest shields he can carry and hope he doesn't get smacked. After level 5 or so you start to have a decent arsenal of spells at your disposal + a potion of clarity will restore somewhere around 50 points worth of spells.

Personally, I have a full 8-man team consisting of 2 of each class and although my mages usually don't do a lot, I turn to them to tide me over when facing tough opponents. They're great for damage output and battlefield control.

Starwulf
2011-10-27, 05:08 AM
The first 5 levels or so mages are pretty underpowered so you might as just put him in platemail, on defensive mode, dual-wielding the largest shields he can carry and hope he doesn't get smacked. After level 5 or so you start to have a decent arsenal of spells at your disposal + a potion of clarity will restore somewhere around 50 points worth of spells.

Personally, I have a full 8-man team consisting of 2 of each class and although my mages usually don't do a lot, I turn to them to tide me over when facing tough opponents. They're great for damage output and battlefield control.

So that's what a potion of clarity does. What about a potion of diffusion? I"ve been finding a TON of potions lately. I raided a level 2 dungeon and found it's treasure room(like 8-10 chests) and like every 3rd one had a potion in it. Almost up to 10k gold, I'm saving for a level 10+ character.

Leecros
2011-10-27, 10:53 AM
I haven't had any of my adventurers die since they hit level 3...I imagine that will probably change once i do something idiotic or something.:smalltongue:

Man, i cannot put my foot in my mouth fast enough...I went in a dungeon today for a quest and explored it for about an hour, afterwhich all of my peoples were out of spells and stuffszors. On my way out i got attacked by a bunch of nasties and both of my mages asploded. The rest of my party got out though and since i received a surprising amount of loot...along with the quest item. In all after resurrections i probably had a positive trip, it was a bit more costly than i would like, but factoring in loot and exp definitely positive.

Still, remind me never to say something so stupid again or it'll probably be more than my mages dying next time.:smalltongue:

Knight9910
2011-10-27, 11:20 AM
Hehehe. Well, you did say it would change once you did something stupid. Does tempting the fates count? :smalltongue:

Maelstrom
2011-10-27, 12:57 PM
I think I am heading back to lvl 1 dungeons. I've done about a dozen lvl 2 ones in the past 3 days and have gotten absolute squat from the numerous chests...I was having better drops from the derned sewers!

Sarone
2011-10-27, 01:35 PM
This is interesting. What are the classes? Sounds like it the typical Fighter, rogue, cleric, and Mage setup. Are there more classes? Different variants of each class?

Driderman
2011-10-27, 01:58 PM
This is interesting. What are the classes? Sounds like it the typical Fighter, rogue, cleric, and Mage setup. Are there more classes? Different variants of each class?

Classes are Fighter, Mage, Archer and Priest. I suppose additional classes may be planned for future releases but I wouldn't know for sure. You can just ask the developer though, he's on the in-game chat pretty often.

In other news, today I founded the primarily dwarven kingdom of Mountainhome while another person founded the dwarven kingdom of Edosul Nilun (The Amazing Pants of Wearing for those who need a translation ) so if anyone wants to join an up and coming kingdom those two are good bets :)

Sarone
2011-10-27, 02:03 PM
Classes are Fighter, Mage, Archer and Priest. I suppose additional classes may be planned for future releases but I wouldn't know for sure. You can just ask the developer though, he's on the in-game chat pretty often.

In other news, today I founded the primarily dwarven kingdom of Mountainhome while another person founded the dwarven kingdom of Edosul Nilun (The Amazing Pants of Wearing for those who need a translation ) so if anyone wants to join an up and coming kingdom those two are good bets :)

That is pretty good. As far as races it's only Humans, Dwarves, and Elves so far, right?

Is there any mercenary nations yet?

Starwulf
2011-10-27, 05:44 PM
I made a serious error in judgement today. I decided to try my first town raid, on a 15 prosperity town. Sadly, the 3 veteran townsguard were still to much for me. I killed one, and the Mayor, then got captured trying to flee. It's ok though, because I went back in and killed the other two just because, but I didn't get to put myself up as candidate for mayor :-(. Cost me a TON of gold though, since I lost 4 of my guys, including my level 10 Dwarf, resurrecting them and then fully healing was like 4500 or so gold. I think I need another 2 levels on all of my guys before I can effectively raid a town, and even then, if higher prosperity towns have higher amounts of Townsguards, I'll still get wasted.

Btw, not sure if anyone saw my earlier question, but what is a potion of diffusion for?

Knight9910
2011-10-27, 08:33 PM
Saw the question, Star, just don't know the answer. ^^;; I actually did a google search to try and find out and...it just took me right back to this thread. So yeah.

@Sarone: Yes, elves, dwarves, and humans are all for now. Maybe someday in the future there'll be more. As for "mercenary nations" you can found your own kingdom as long as you're party level 16 and have at least...I think it was 8 towns to your name. So yes?

Driderman
2011-10-27, 11:57 PM
Potions of diffusion removes status effects like cursed and such

Starwulf
2011-10-28, 12:14 AM
Potions of diffusion removes status effects like cursed and such

Oh, sweet, free money for me then. I don't fight enough things that can do that to me right now(mainly because I can't find any level 2 dungeons. I got tired of hanging around the same town for so long and took off, and no town I've come across since has a level 1 or level 2 dungeon near it. Stupid sages....)

Driderman
2011-10-28, 12:17 AM
Oh, sweet, free money for me then. I don't fight enough things that can do that to me right now(mainly because I can't find any level 2 dungeons. I got tired of hanging around the same town for so long and took off, and no town I've come across since has a level 1 or level 2 dungeon near it. Stupid sages....)

Try any of these locations:
Level 1:
11, 17; 48, 25

Level 2:
55, 29

Knight9910
2011-10-28, 12:26 AM
Ah, thanks. I was having trouble finding dungeons too.

Level8Mudcrab
2011-10-28, 12:46 AM
So what area is everyone else around? I started around the 90ish area, and haven't strayed too far out of that region.

Starwulf
2011-10-28, 12:46 AM
Try any of these locations:
Level 1:
11, 17; 48, 25

Level 2:
55, 29

hehe, that's kinda funny, the 11:17 one is one I just left behind, I had to go there to recover some artifact or another for a level 6 quest. Patiently waiting until my party is level 10 so I can start taking on the more serious quests ^^

There is another Dungeon around 22:33 or something like that. It's near a triad of villages all connected by a road. Guardianell, and two others(it's down and to the left of Guardianell). I know because It's the level 2 dungeon I visited a few times, and even erected a garrison right next to.

Oh btw, I'm not to terribly far away from your Kingdom Drider ^^ Saw it's streak of blue near where I'm at.

Knight9910
2011-10-28, 12:48 AM
I'm in the middle of the Kingdom of Staberinde, top center.

Leecros
2011-10-28, 05:49 AM
I sometimes wonder about the game's purported difficulty levels. They don't really seem to mean quite a lot. I took a level 1 quest to find an artifact in a level 1 dungeon and ran into 5 hellhounds and 5 hypnotic slimes. Now i lived, and most of my peoples' still have some of their spellzies left, but there's no way that was a "Level 1 encounter" for lack of a better term...hell it was probably closer to a level 4 or 5 encounter.

Edit: I believe i'm down somewhere near that tendril offshoot of the Kingdom of Time there in the bottom right portion of the map...or at least i recall passing that recently. I started pretty much at the bottom center of the map.

Knight9910
2011-10-28, 05:57 AM
I think "level 1 dungeon" means "lowest level of dungeon" and not "you can do this dungeon at level 1."

Leecros
2011-10-28, 06:08 AM
I think "level 1 dungeon" means "lowest level of dungeon" and not "you can do this dungeon at level 1."

Fair enough, but i don't think that's stated anywhere.

Knight9910
2011-10-28, 06:18 AM
There's a lot about that game that isn't stated anywhere.

Leecros
2011-10-28, 07:29 AM
True, and it really should be. There's going to be a lot of low-level people who die from that misconception and i'm sure that not all of them will want to play afterwards.

Driderman
2011-10-28, 08:53 AM
True, and it really should be. There's going to be a lot of low-level people who die from that misconception and i'm sure that not all of them will want to play afterwards.

The lack of documentation is a feature, not an oversigt, so far as I understand from the creator. He's taken a big leaf of inspiration from the old school RPGs where you had to learn the hard way :)

Also, if any of you boys are the new kids in Mountainhome feel free to hop on the in-game chat and say hi, I'm on there as Sartain very often and I like to be able to tell who my cohorts are :)

littlebottom
2011-10-28, 10:35 AM
Hmm looks interesting, i will proberbly take a look at it in the coming weeks when i get some time:smallwink:

Starbuck_II
2011-10-28, 10:39 AM
Are potions of Strength or Agility, temp boosts or permanent?

BTW, my group is the Dwarven Beards (we did have an elf but he has a fake beard to fit in).

Knight9910
2011-10-28, 10:47 AM
Apparently they are, Starbuck.

polity4life
2011-10-28, 10:57 AM
I'm in.

Keep a sharp eye out for The Angry Mob. We're an ornery bunch.

HerbieRAI
2011-10-28, 11:44 AM
Curse you guys for finding games I enjoy playing. Just started, my group name is Cult of Harran

ps. I'm not a fan of the sling. Any suggestions on finding a better ranged weapon?

polity4life
2011-10-28, 11:47 AM
Buy a bow from one of your local stores.

Starbuck_II
2011-10-28, 11:47 AM
Curse you guys for finding games I enjoy playing. Just started, my group name is Cult of Harran

ps. I'm not a fan of the sling. Any suggestions on finding a better ranged weapon?

Why don't you like the sling? It has served my elf archer in the backrow well.

Leecros
2011-10-28, 11:58 AM
The lack of documentation is a feature, not an oversigt, so far as I understand from the creator. He's taken a big leaf of inspiration from the old school RPGs where you had to learn the hard way :)

I still think it could be elaborated on...even if it's just little more. I mean the Dungeons help topic has three or four lines that basically say "There are dungeons in the world".

I don't think a game could become immensely popular if they don't spell out the help menu. That's just the kind of world we live in today, many people like having everything presented to them and even if it was a little more help i would feel a little more secure about the future of the game, but i'm not going to tell him how to make his game. I mean...it's his, i'm just a bystander. Also i don't really mind it.

That said...I play Dwarf Fortress, you know, the game where you have to scale the learning curve with climbing gear while fighting off a horde of dragons while Goblins shoot at you from below with arrows and hot lava pours down from the top. So, it doesn't really bother me much.:smalltongue:

Starbuck_II
2011-10-28, 01:18 PM
BTW, is it a glitch that a +2 Con Quartstaff adds +14 Con?
Because my Cleric had 16 Con, equips staff and now has 30. I bought the staff from a store in Valiantsand.
I unequipped it and he now has 28 Con...
It seems to have a permanent boosting ability even when unequipped? :smallconfused:

I'm not sure what all that Con even does (. He only has 17 hp at level 3 (and terrible damage because it is a staff). But it is indestructible and adds 3 turn/day.

Edit: Everyone else only gets +2 Con (+0 when uequuiped), only my Priest gets +14 (+12 when unequipped).
I sold it since it worked its magic only once.

Knight9910
2011-10-28, 01:21 PM
That definitely sounds like a weird glitch to me.

Starwulf
2011-10-28, 06:35 PM
Woot! I just found like..the Dungeon to end all dungeons. It was for a quest for some random town I came across. I entered it, and it was HUGE(only a level 1 dungeon too!), two floors, and PACKED TO THE BRIM with monsters. ALL of my guys gained a level, and I had to leave because I ran out of room for stuff, I'm headed back right now, because I found a treasure room that I didn't get to loot. I already made 12k gold AFTER repairs to all my broken weaponry on the first trip. My lowest guy is about to level again, and with all my gold, as soon as I come across another town that has higher levels to recruit, I'm going to recruit a level 12 or so character to my group to give me 7 people. My only issue with it all, is that most of the monsters in that level 1 Dungeon kept fleeing from me, so It's obvious I need to head on to level 2 Dungeons exclusively now. I hope they start adding harder monsters though, because it doesn't seem like the level 2 dungeons have much stronger monsters really.(some, but not a lot)

Knight9910
2011-10-28, 10:31 PM
It's odd. Judging from the fact that we're on day 1112...if the game started at day 1, then it's been around for over 3 years...and it's still this unfinished? As near as I can tell most of the high level enemies don't even have pictures, they just appear as a grey face with a red X on its forehead.

Starbuck_II
2011-10-29, 12:00 AM
Yeah, I noticed that. Basically, it helps newbies to know to avoid those guys at least.

So things I've noticed:
Str improves Melee damage (sling damage, slightly not a lot), melee hit, carrying capacity, bashing doors
Agility helps everyones defense, ranged hit, picking locks, traps
Con: hp/level, movement speed (lowest party member is used)
Int: spell points? Opening doors
Divinity? Searching, spell points?

Unclear about if casting stat does improve spell points.
But my 28 Con Priest does show hp improvement when differences in Con.
I have 14 hp for 16 Con Priest, and 17 hp for the 28 Con at level 3. So does Con affect hp only when level?

Slings are better than other ranged if boosting str, but if dumping strength like most Archers, slings are worse.

Starwulf
2011-10-29, 02:42 AM
Yeah, I noticed that. Basically, it helps newbies to know to avoid those guys at least.

So things I've noticed:
Str improves Melee damage (sling damage, slightly not a lot), melee hit, carrying capacity, bashing doors
Agility helps everyones defense, ranged hit, picking locks, traps
Con: hp/level, movement speed (lowest party member is used)
Int: spell points? Opening doors
Divinity? Searching, spell points?

Unclear about if casting stat does improve spell points.
But my 28 Con Priest does show hp improvement when differences in Con.
I have 14 hp for 16 Con Priest, and 17 hp for the 28 Con at level 3. So does Con affect hp only when level?

Slings are better than other ranged if boosting str, but if dumping strength like most Archers, slings are worse.

I"m pretty sure the higher your CON, the higher the HP you gain at level up time(still might be based on a random roll however, just it ups the parameters(or increases the max number, I'm not sure). Other then that, you're guesses seem pretty spot on with my own experience.

So, Drider: Mountainhome! Only for Dwarf/Dwarf Only parties? Or just one with a Dwarfy spirit? Also, I've noticed you guys have a VERY vocal detractor in sys32 on the forums. Seems to decry you all as being the destruction of the game, which is kind of ignorant and idiotic if you ask me.

Are you the main leader of Mountainhome? One of the leaders?

Also, what's this about a Level 3 dungeon? I think it was the mountainhome thread on the forums where someone mentions one being in your alls territory(but I might be mixing it up with another one of the kingdom announcement threads). What crawls inside those? How deep do they go, how large do they get?

Leecros
2011-10-29, 07:05 PM
Also, I've noticed you guys have a VERY vocal detractor in sys32 on the forums. Seems to decry you all as being the destruction of the game, which is kind of ignorant and idiotic if you ask me.

~After reading sys32's posts on that forum~

I will never understand why people get so worked up over a game. It's one of the major reasons why i usually avoid multiplayer games. With the exception of LoL for awhile and even then, i can't barely play that game anymore unless it's with friends because of all of the people who take that game too seriously. Fortunately, Kingdoms doesn't have an in-game chat function and the web chat for the game is easily enough avoided if there's someone in there of the troll-y disposition.

Good news everyone...or at least, for me.
I checked the game stats today and found out that the average character level is 6. That means that all of my characters are above average.:smallbiggrin:

I also hold as of this post:

the 146th rank in xp/turn
the 81st rank in xp/char
the 94th rank in Total xp
and
the 63rd rank in Turns Used

Maxios
2011-10-29, 07:17 PM
~After reading sys32's posts on that forum~

I will never understand why people get so worked up over a game. It's one of the major reasons why i usually avoid multiplayer games. With the exception of LoL for awhile and even then, i can't barely play that game anymore unless it's with friends because of all of the people who take that game too seriously. Fortunately, Kingdoms doesn't have an in-game chat function and the web chat for the game is easily enough avoided if there's someone in there of the troll-y disposition.

I don't understand. Is Sys32 decrying the people from the GiTP forums, or decrying the people who play the game?

(I haven't seen the posts)

Leecros
2011-10-29, 07:59 PM
I don't understand. Is Sys32 decrying the people from the GiTP forums, or decrying the people who play the game?

(I haven't seen the posts)

It appears to be decrying people in the kingdom of Mountainhome. I'm not entirely certain why though. It could be that he just hates Dwarf Fortress(and subsequent references) so much that he believes that it ruins everything it touches. I've run into these people before and there isn't really any way to deal with it. It could also be the fact Dwarf Fortress/ Bay 12 messages aren't that rare to see in towns and he's sick with it. I guess i could see how someone could imagine Dwarf Fortress 'taking over', but no, it doesn't really have anything to do with the people from GiTP as far as i can tell.

Maxios
2011-10-29, 08:00 PM
It appears to be decrying people in the kingdom of Mountainhome. I'm not entirely certain why though. It could be that he just hates Dwarf Fortress(and subsequent references) so much that he believes that it ruins everything it touches. I've run into these people before and there isn't really any way to deal with it. It could also be the fact Dwarf Fortress/ Bay 12 messages aren't that rare to see in towns and he's sick with it. I guess i could see who someone could imagine Dwarf Fortress 'taking over', but no, it doesn't really have anything to do with the people from GiTP as far as i can tell.

Ah. And Mountainhome is home to some GITPers, right?

Leecros
2011-10-29, 08:05 PM

Indeed, that's why it appeared here.

I'm just an innocent bystander though.:smalltongue:

Starbuck_II
2011-10-29, 08:57 PM
Are you the main leader of Mountainhome? One of the leaders?

What is this Mountainhome? Is that important place in the game?

Level8Mudcrab
2011-10-29, 09:43 PM

It sure is.

What is this Mountainhome? Is that important place in the game?

It's one of the ingame factions, recently created and home to a bunch of Dwarf Fortress fans.

Starbuck_II
2011-10-30, 01:18 AM
Another bug, I think.
My Priest equipped from a shop a indestructible Flail, it should add +4 Str, but instead it added 20 Str (then the +4 while equipped).
My Priest has 50 Str when unequipped now. Not that I mind.
I just kind of wish I had given it to one of my Warriors.

I'm having weird luck with indestructible stat boosting items. :smallcool:

Leecros
2011-10-30, 10:11 AM
So i went dungeon diving today and hit quite a bit of loots. Most of it is junk, a bunch of crossbow bolts and some arrows, low level armor, and a couple of Bronze Head Caps, a Featherweight enchanted crossbow, and some other clutter weapons. I did, however find 8 potions.

1x Healing potion
1x Potion of Clarity
1x Potion of Diffusion
1x Potion of Intelligence
1x Potion of constitution
2x Potion of divinity
1x Potion of Agility

So i consider the dive a success. All of my party members leveled up and my fighter almost leveled again. This was only on one floor, I explored the first and second floors yesterday and (the second particularly) almost as much loots.

I'll probably head back in tomorrow to finish mapping the third floor. It's only a level 1 dungeon, but it's three floors with plenty of chests on the second and third floors.

It's kind of a nuisance how slow my casters are leveling though...They're almost fully two levels behind my fighter.

Starbuck_II
2011-10-30, 11:16 AM
So i went dungeon diving today and hit quite a bit of loots. Most of it is junk, a bunch of crossbow bolts and some arrows, low level armor, and a couple of Bronze Head Caps, a Featherweight enchanted crossbow, and some other clutter weapons. I did, however find 8 potions.

It's kind of a nuisance how slow my casters are leveling though...They're almost fully two levels behind my fighter.

Awesome, I think the Priests level slower since they have lower attack factor (back penalty adding in). My Priests level slower than my Mages for some reason though.

Driderman
2011-10-30, 02:57 PM
Mountainhome is one of two Dwarf Fortress inspired kingdoms, the other one being Edosul Nilun in the south part of the world.

I don't really know whats up with that sys32 guy, seems like he just doesn't like an influx of new players.

Starwulf
2011-10-30, 09:06 PM
Hmm, did you miss my question Drider? Was wondering if you have to be an all dwarf party to join Mountainhome? I only have one dwarf(albeit he is the leader of my party, a level 11 Warrior). I'm in Staberinde right now, but that's only because where I default started at.

Leecros
2011-10-30, 09:26 PM
Awesome, I think the Priests level slower since they have lower attack factor (back penalty adding in). My Priests level slower than my Mages for some reason though.

My priest is almost as high of a level as my warrior, but i have built him in kind of a tanky-priest fasion. Most of my level up points go into Divinity, but i also occasionally put 3 points in to Strength and/or Con.

I think that characters gain more xp if they actually kill a creature. Since most priests and mages have support attacks than offensive attacks, they tend to kill less stuff on average than a warrior who (mostly) just attacks each turn. The only exception right now is my priest who is almost as high of a level as my warrior, yes i'm building him tanky priest and he's my second highest melee damager, but i do use him with a lot of utility, admittedly mostly heal, blades, and haste. Less haste now since i found a longsword that can cast haste 10 times/day.

That's just my theory, i could be wrong about it.

Driderman
2011-10-31, 05:59 AM
Hmm, did you miss my question Drider? Was wondering if you have to be an all dwarf party to join Mountainhome? I only have one dwarf(albeit he is the leader of my party, a level 11 Warrior). I'm in Staberinde right now, but that's only because where I default started at.

Sorry, still massively hungover from my bachelor party. I started with a single-dwarf party too so I don't really mind although I'd certainly prefer if you try and stick with some dwarvish flavour. You can always try and stick with dwarves when hiring new heroes later on, that's what I did

littlebottom
2011-10-31, 07:06 PM
so i decided i would sign up just now, i clicked the link and they arent taking new players?:smallconfused:

what?... i proberbly should of signed up when i first saw this thread, but i knew if i did i wouldnt get the work i needed done, done. so i left it, and now i come back i cant even sign up anyway? im very disapointed:smallsigh:

polity4life
2011-10-31, 10:53 PM
Maybe you guys can help me out here. How can you play this game if you have a caster? They're nothing but a gold sink. They die if they're breathed upon and 400g is taken out every fourth turn.

I'm contemplating just selling my jack ass cleric and mage and grinding out the funds, slowly in the sewers likely, to buy two archers.

Hot_Dog
2011-10-31, 11:10 PM
Maybe you guys can help me out here. How can you play this game if you have a caster? They're nothing but a gold sink. They die if they're breathed upon and 400g is taken out every fourth turn.

I'm contemplating just selling my jack ass cleric and mage and grinding out the funds, slowly in the sewers likely, to buy two archers.

I created a party with only 1 priest and 0 mages in the beginning. Then, I recruited a few mages later on. Mages start off horribly weak and become absurdly powerful at high levels. They start being useful around LV8.

Starwulf
2011-10-31, 11:34 PM
Sorry, still massively hungover from my bachelor party. I started with a single-dwarf party too so I don't really mind although I'd certainly prefer if you try and stick with some dwarvish flavour. You can always try and stick with dwarves when hiring new heroes later on, that's what I did

Cool. Would you guys be willing to accept me? I need to finish up a quest that Strogg gave me to claim 25 squares of land, but once I'm done that, I'll switch loyalty to Mountainhome. My party is level 2 level 10's, 1 level 9, 2 level 11's, and 1 level 12. The Star Devourers is my party name.

I actually didn't have any problem leveling my mage early on. I had more trouble level 4-6 since that was the point in time where the outside enemies weren't to challenging anymore and I started to foray into Dungeons. I just grinded all my guys to level 2 in the Sewers, then I grinded out level 3 without ever leaving more then 3 squares in any direction away from my starting town. After that I I just went town hopping and I grinded out every single quest they had that I could reasonably do. The EXP given(Plus the gold) from those quests + the enemies I had to kill to do those quests, got me to 4, and partway to 5. It was then I started going into dungeons. When that failed, I just found more towns, and forced myself to grind to level 6. Then I found a level 1 Dungeon and cleared it out repeatedly. The enemies start to respawn after a short period of time, so I just kept doing laps around the dungeon until I was 8. Then I actually found a beautiful 2 level Dungeon(2 levels, but it itself was a Level 1 Dungeon) and I cleared it out top to bottom 2 days in a row, took me to level 10. Now I'm headed to a higher up level 2 Dungeon for a quest, and I"ll probably grind out there for a few days until all my guys are 12-13, then I"m going to find a level 3 Dungeon(already have the coordinates for one actually), where I"ll stay till i'm 16 all-around.

Knight9910
2011-11-01, 03:58 AM
Here's from a guy who just realized his level 6 mage with 10 CON has 6 max HP... :p

Yeah, I think priests are okay, but mages are freaking worthless.

Leecros
2011-11-01, 11:36 PM
Here's from a guy who just realized his level 6 mage with 10 CON has 6 max HP... :p

Yeah, I think priests are okay, but mages are freaking worthless.

Mages cause nasty explosions later on. My level 7 mage with the flame spell caused 25+ damage. Of course i believe flame is the strongest spell they can prepare, but i have managed to get off 10-15 damage with an Energy beam spell. On top of that, Entangle is useful if there's a powerful enemy tangled up with your tasty, tasty exp. However, they are quite squishy. I do admit that it would be quite nice if putting them in the back row actually did something. It doesn't seem like the enemies are any less likely to attack back there rendering a line of warriors pretty much useless. In fact, i've noticed a tendency for enemies to attack them more.

I actually like my priest, but i gave him strength and divinity and some con so he's sort of a tanky-hit hard-healy guy. He doesn't do quite as much damage as my warriors, but he is definitely more than okay. Blades+Haste make my warriors hit harder and i burn through quite a few healing spells throughout the day.

blueblade
2011-11-02, 12:42 AM
Just started, and very glad I restarted from the auto-generated party and created one with a 2nd archer instead of a mage. So much more effective so far. No complaints with the priest though, except the slower levelling. I notice in fights where a spell gets used, he does get significantly more exp, need to remember to use them and not hold back too much!

Question: What is the relationship between con and party movement factor? Is it an average of the party movement factor, or the worst, or what? And what does movement factor do, does it reduce the penalties for difficult terrain?

Starwulf
2011-11-02, 01:27 AM
So uhh, wow, if I leave Staberinde, I take away the majority of their strength apparently. The only other clan is one that is, I'm pretty sure, also leaving them for you guys(clan Aurea). They have an avg level of 10 with 10 members. I have average level of 10 with 6, but I'm about to hire a level 16 Dwarf, so my AVG level will go up along with my total # of members. I'm actually going to feel pretty bad doing so, but...ehh. I'd rather be in a clan with fellow GITP forumites :)

edit: I'm an idiot ^^. I put down I was average level 6 with 10 people, when its the other way around. AVG level 10 with 6 people.

Driderman
2011-11-02, 12:13 PM
Just started, and very glad I restarted from the auto-generated party and created one with a 2nd archer instead of a mage. So much more effective so far. No complaints with the priest though, except the slower levelling. I notice in fights where a spell gets used, he does get significantly more exp, need to remember to use them and not hold back too much!

Question: What is the relationship between con and party movement factor? Is it an average of the party movement factor, or the worst, or what? And what does movement factor do, does it reduce the penalties for difficult terrain?

I think movement factor is an average of your party members combined scores, not sure precisely how constitution affects it other that more con = more movement factor and yes, higher movement factor reduces movement costs per tile. In the wilderness.

As for the mage, they're a pain to level but you'll be glad you did when they start reaching their true potential. I find that putting my mages in plate armour, dual-wielding shields and fighting on the defensive unless I need them to fire off their spells is a great way to work them :)

Hot_Dog
2011-11-02, 07:51 PM
Movement factor is the average of individual members. Potential movement factor (the value in brackets) is CON/5 rounded up. Your unused encumbrance affects your actual movement factor. Encumbrance is (CON + STR) x 10.

Mages cause nasty explosions later on. My level 7 mage with the flame spell caused 25+ damage. Of course i believe flame is the strongest spell they can prepare, but i have managed to get off 10-15 damage with an Energy beam spell. On top of that, Entangle is useful if there's a powerful enemy tangled up with your tasty, tasty exp. However, they are quite squishy. I do admit that it would be quite nice if putting them in the back row actually did something. It doesn't seem like the enemies are any less likely to attack back there rendering a line of warriors pretty much useless. In fact, i've noticed a tendency for enemies to attack them more.

Apparently, putting characters in the back row gives them an invisible DEF bonus.

Starwulf
2011-11-02, 09:56 PM
So, I got my first taste of a level 3 Dungeon, and all I can say is, dayumn. I fought on battle in there, against 5 Fire Elementals and 5 Stone Elementals. I won, but I lost two of my guys, but man, the EXP....350-550 per person, and likle 600 gold or so for the one damn battle. I'm going to go back in there once I have a new days worth of spells, I was already out of all my offensive spells, and half of my haste and blades, so it made things a bit harder then it normally would have been. I look forward to leveling again.

Btw, is it just me, or did they raise the EXP caps, and did it based on Mages, Archers, Priests, and warriors? I ask because all of my guys have differing levels of EXP needed to go to the next level, despite being the same level. It just happened a few days ago, so my guess is un-announced update.(I say unannounced, because I didn't see anything on the forums about it).

Anyways, I finished my Claim Land quest, who should I message about actually joining Mountainhome? I recruited my 7th character, a level 16 Dwarf Warrior, my 2nd of both.

Leecros
2011-11-03, 08:43 AM
We should begin a compendium of Dungeons(and their level) in the first post of this topic so newer peoples' know where to look.

Just a thought. It's all in friendly fun.:smallwink:

Edit: So i've finally entered the kingdom of Mountainhome. I don't know how long i'll stay though. I'm not a member of any faction, i enjoy my independence for now.

Hot_Dog
2011-11-03, 09:16 AM
Mountainhome just lost about half of their towns (including their capital)... to a single dude. :smalleek:

We should begin a compendium of Dungeons(and their level) in the first post of this topic so newer peoples' know where to look.

Just a thought. It's all in friendly fun.:smallwink:

Edit: So i've finally entered the kingdom of Mountainhome. I don't know how long i'll stay though. I'm not a member of any faction, i enjoy my independence for now.

Dungeons are temporary.

Driderman
2011-11-03, 10:37 AM
Mountainhome just lost about half of their towns (including their capital)... to a single dude. :smalleek:

Dungeons are temporary.

He's not even powerful, the game mechanics are simply so skewed in favour of active parties that you can't defend towns in any meaningful way, so far as I can tell at least. Mountainhome is undaunted though, we don't need any cities, we'll just become raiders instead :)

polity4life
2011-11-03, 10:46 AM
The Angry Mob is at the beck and call of the Playground. Just point and we'll (attempt to) destroy.

And yes, a listing of dungeons for newbies would be pretty awesome.

Driderman
2011-11-03, 11:58 AM
The Angry Mob is at the beck and call of the Playground. Just point and we'll (attempt to) destroy.

And yes, a listing of dungeons for newbies would be pretty awesome.

These are the current dungeons I know about.

Level 1:
11, 17; 35, 10; 48, 25

Level 2:
28, 44; 44, 42; 55, 29

Also, the way to quick riches is actually raiding towns. For fighting seasoned guards you'll need to be around level 12-15 and for veterans at least 16-18 with some tactical mage backup.
Of course, you might be lucky and be able to avoid the veterans completely, just remember the real thing you want to do when raiding a town is to empty the treasure room and then put some level 1 patsy in the mayors chair, empty the coffers and then forget all about it :)

Leecros
2011-11-03, 02:12 PM
Dungeons are temporary.

Ah, that's news to me. Then again i haven't really hung around one area to know that, so yeah...Nevermind.

Starwulf
2011-11-03, 02:30 PM
Level 3: 12:23

blueblade
2011-11-03, 10:08 PM
Hi, planning to join mountainhome as soon as I get paid for my last job for the kingdom of time. Average lvl 6 party, but rising rapidly (although we took a hit from an orb defending monster group that damn near wiped us out!)

I think what would be useful for lower levels at least would be to use this thread to update on good blacksmith locations? Seems like blacksmiths better than 'poor' don't hang around in any one town very long..

UPDATE: As of 4th Nov: Valiantsand (54,22) has a good blacksmith. How long will he be there? who knows... now if only I had more gold...

Driderman
2011-11-04, 10:25 AM
Hi, planning to join mountainhome as soon as I get paid for my last job for the kingdom of time. Average lvl 6 party, but rising rapidly (although we took a hit from an orb defending monster group that damn near wiped us out!)

I think what would be useful for lower levels at least would be to use this thread to update on good blacksmith locations? Seems like blacksmiths better than 'poor' don't hang around in any one town very long..

UPDATE: As of 4th Nov: Valiantsand (54,22) has a good blacksmith. How long will he be there? who knows... now if only I had more gold...

Hot damn, I heading to Valiantsand! I've never seen anything better than "decent" so far.

Driderman
2011-11-04, 03:33 PM
Hot damn, I heading to Valiantsand! I've never seen anything better than "decent" so far.

Edit: And so the blacksmith in Valiantsand was commissioned to improve the arms and armour of the warriors of the Crimson Sickle party who then promptly used said arms and armour to raid and pillage the town for around 12000 gold worth of coins and sellable loot.

Being a raider is good :D

If anyone is interested, I put up some Full Plate armours for sale at the trade hall at Lichcity (21,25)

Driderman
2011-12-04, 08:49 AM
Bumping this to let people know there just was a large update, adding a skill system and several new options in town management.

Also, if any GITP'ers are playing still and need a kingdom to call their own Mountainhome is still very much active (and probably the most active kingdom in the game, I suspect) and we'd love to have more loyal subjects ;)

If any GITP'ers are members of Mountainhome and not playing anymore, I'd appreciate it if they could log on and renounce their loyalty to the kingdom or delete the account, it only takes 2 minutes and it would make it a lot easier for me to keep tabs on which of my vassals are active and which ones aren't.

Starwulf
2011-12-04, 04:28 PM
I'm still around ^^ Haven't gotten to see the new update, been having trouble logging on lately ><