PDA

View Full Version : Wizards, Sorcerers, Clerics, and Druids

Little Brother
2011-10-16, 04:20 PM
For reference, at high level, if you're smart, really cannot run out of spells. At the VERY least, a high-level one has WEEKS of spells a day.

Just for those Wizard/Sorcerer/Cleric/Druid V. X scenarios. It is one of the reasons they are SO GOOD, and one of the things that give Sorcerers a leg up on Psions.

If anyone disagrees with me, I am open to discussion.

RelentlessImp
2011-10-16, 04:22 PM
{{Scrubbed}}

Dictum Mortuum
2011-10-16, 04:25 PM
Hahaha Relentless :p

@OP: you really need to elaborate and be more specific. I don't actually disagree, but your post is like bait for someone to step up and say "NO!"

Siosilvar
2011-10-16, 04:28 PM
For reference, at high level, if you're smart, really cannot run out of spells. At the VERY least, a high-level one has WEEKS of spells a day.

Just for those Wizard/Sorcerer/Cleric/Druid V. X scenarios. It is one of the reasons they are SO GOOD, and one of the things that give Sorcerers a leg up on Psions.

Yes. And?

RelentlessImp
2011-10-16, 04:28 PM
@OP: you really need to elaborate and be more specific. I don't actually disagree, but your post is like bait for someone to step up and say "NO!"

It's just trollbaiting. And it's been done way too many times to even be amusing anymore.

Morph Bark
2011-10-16, 04:36 PM
Made my Will save. <3 the responses so far, it's like people look at the apocalypse, shrug, and go on with their lives

ranagrande
2011-10-16, 05:09 PM
At high level, Commoners never run out of spells either.

RelentlessImp
2011-10-16, 05:28 PM
At high level, Commoners never run out of quarterstaves either.

Fixed that for you.

AmberVael
2011-10-16, 08:06 PM
At high level, Commoners never run out of spells either.

Whoa. I never thought about it like that. In fact, commoners never run out of spells at all! Man, that must mean they're like super powerful- oh wait, Warlocks. Never mind.

Little Brother
2011-10-16, 08:37 PM
{{scrubbed}}

Jopustopin
2011-10-16, 08:39 PM
The OP clearly states that this post was FOR REFERENCE. So everyone apologize and only uses this thread for when you need it.

faceroll
2011-10-16, 08:53 PM
cool story bro

Wyntonian
2011-10-16, 08:56 PM
Protip: What you stated "for reference" is a bit of knowledge that's well understood on these boards. People tend to assume you know that already, and are just trying to get a rise out of someone. And yes, you're right. As Relentless said, we've seen this thread many, many times.

bloodtide
2011-10-16, 08:58 PM

If anyone disagrees with me, I am open to discussion.

I disagree.

Even a smart spellcaster can run out of spells fast in a high adventure, high magic ''meatgrinder'' campaign (like mine).

This is a common problem in my groups of spellcasters running out of spells, and not even by going nova.

Of course, characters in my game have to be awake and active for 12-16 game hours a day. I don't do 15 minute days or any of that.

Little Brother
2011-10-16, 09:26 PM
Have you seen me on youtube? (http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=x9gN2hdybFY)
No, I had not. Thanks for sharing.

I disagree.

Even a smart spellcaster can run out of spells fast in a high adventure, high magic ''meatgrinder'' campaign (like mine).

This is a common problem in my groups of spellcasters running out of spells, and not even by going nova.

Of course, characters in my game have to be awake and active for 12-16 game hours a day. I don't do 15 minute days or any of that.Okay, let's say I'm a Batman Wizard, okay? So, most encounters end with a few spells. However, if I needed a whole bunch of spells to throw at something, I shapechange into an Ethergaunt. Okay, I now have a new full list. I throw everything at it. Oh, I'm out? Okay, turn into a solar, rinse, repeat. I have an entire day's spell set in a spell, I can change the form at will, including to other lists, and then back to a new list, and I have this up for 10 minutes/level, so around 3 hours. Okay, you have a 15-16 hour adventuring day? I shouldn't need to touch my regular spells, especially since I can't see why I couldn't use my shapechange to shapechange. I'm a Druid? Same thing, except I can also burn my wildshapes to have 17th level wizard casting. I think you get my point.

Protip: What you stated "for reference" is a bit of knowledge that's well understood on these boards. People tend to assume you know that already, and are just trying to get a rise out of someone. And yes, you're right. As Relentless said, we've seen this thread many, many times.I apologize, then, I have not seen any particular thread like this before. Also, judging from the monk/wizard threads, it doesn't seem to be common knowledge.

Roland St. Jude
2011-10-16, 10:39 PM
Sheriff of Moddingham: Locked for review.