PDA

View Full Version : Stay away from iPhone Final Fantasy Tactics

Alias
2011-10-16, 06:57 PM
Square recently ported Final Fantasy Tactics: The War of the Lions to iPhone. Do NOT buy it - it is a bug ridden unplayable mess. In 1 week I have encountered the following bugs.

Powering down the phone for any reason locks up the game until reinstalled.
During cutscenes it is possible for the game to freeze up and not respond to any screen touches. Exiting the game is of no use, cause when you reopen it then it returns to it's frozen state.
Using the mute switch in play permanently kills the music until the game is re installed.

Since it takes about 100 hours to play through this monster of an RPG (one of the best ever done) having permanent crashes floating about that can totally kill your progress is utterly unacceptable.

tyckspoon
2011-10-16, 08:41 PM
Aaand Square continues their fine tradition of --ing up major portions of their games. Go Square.

Volug
2011-10-17, 12:09 AM
Does this mean they are back to Square 1...?

psilontech
2011-10-17, 12:30 AM
Ba dum *Tss*

Ogremindes
2011-10-17, 12:55 AM
Square recently ported Final Fantasy Tactics: The War of the Lions to iPhone. Do NOT buy it - it is a bug ridden unplayable mess. In 1 week I have encountered the following bugs.

Powering down the phone for any reason locks up the game until reinstalled.
During cutscenes it is possible for the game to freeze up and not respond to any screen touches. Exiting the game is of no use, cause when you reopen it then it returns to it's frozen state.
Using the mute switch in play permanently kills the music until the game is re installed.

Since it takes about 100 hours to play through this monster of an RPG (one of the best ever done) having permanent crashes floating about that can totally kill your progress is utterly unacceptable.

Really? Seems unlikely that any of those would persist past quitting the app. (Double-press the home button to bring up the list of open apps, tap and hold on one to bring up the icons to quit, in case you don't know what I mean).

Alias
2011-10-17, 07:44 AM
??

I've only owned the phone itself for a week so we'll see... I'll reinstall the game and see. I'll feel foolish if it does work.