PDA

View Full Version : Two Weapon Fighting...again...

marcielle
2011-10-17, 02:47 PM
Just saw a thread about Uncanny Blow weapon stunt of the Exotic Weapon Master from Complete Warrior. One interpretation of the admitedly ambiguous wording is that you get 2:1 Power Attack bonus for both weapons. Another weapon stunt reduces TWF penalty to -1 for both primary and off-hand. Now, I'm thinking that a TWF ranger that takes that PrC for 2 levels at level 7 and 8 can dual wield 1 handed exotic weapons and PA for 2:1 returns at a penalty of -1 for both hands instead of the expected -4. Now, I realize this is still way behind Shocktrooper, but with no AC penalty this might actually be an acceptable fighting style. Assuming I can get my DM to accept that interpretation of Uncanny Blow, would a Human ranger with a flaw( I have a nice DM:smallsmile:) be able to work based on this rough plan?

Suggestions welcome.

Biffoniacus_Furiou
2011-10-17, 02:55 PM
You mean this stunt that reduces TWF penalties to -1?

Twin Exotic Weapon Fighting: When wielding the same light exotic weapon in each hand...

marcielle
2011-10-17, 02:59 PM
Aww... gotta spring for feycraft.:smallyuk:
Will still be worth it to dual wield katanas and actually kill something.

Biffoniacus_Furiou
2011-10-17, 03:05 PM
Feycraft only counts it as light for Weapon Finesse, "but not for any other purpose."

If it's light it can't benefit from Uncanny Blow, and if it's not light it can't benefit from Twin Exotic Weapon Fighting. Looks like you'll just have to spring for Oversized TWF.

Keld Denar
2011-10-17, 03:23 PM
Dragonsplits? Its a pair of one-handed exotics that count as light WRT TWFing. Since they are actually 1handed, you can PA with them (and PA 2:1 with Uncanny Blow), but they count as light WRT the TWFing feat, so Exotic TWFing should apply.

They are in the MMIV, IIRC.

marcielle
2011-10-17, 04:30 PM
Thank you, friendly neighbourhood eldritch abomination from beyond time and space!
Now, would I be wrong in thinking a dragon split looks like half of this (http://images.wikia.com/leagueoflegends/images/a/a1/Renekton.jpg) weapon?

hex0
2011-10-17, 06:39 PM
Whip out the Keen Kukris.

Gavinfoxx
2011-10-17, 07:26 PM
Gotta love the Dual +1 Keen Kukris!

marcielle
2011-10-18, 02:21 AM
I really dont get the whole kukri thing, sure they crit a quarter of the time(actually less due to confirmation) but even on a crit it averages about the same as a d8 damage die. You'd need other on crit effects to make that really worthwhile.

I'm thinking Darkwood. It very specifically lacks the clause that says weapons made out of it don't decrease a weight category like Mithril. Now, just gotta find a wooden weapon.

Anyone know how to make a weapon decrease a weight category? I'd still like the Katanas to work.

p.s. found Dragonsplits, they only do d6:smallfrown:

Gwendol
2011-10-18, 02:40 AM
d6 or d8, not much of a difference anyway. The real damage comes from applying the extra PA damage (provided both weapons hit).

Feytalist
2011-10-18, 04:28 AM
Gotta love the Dual +1 Keen Kukris!

You really want +1 keen aptitude kukris. You then want to get the Lightning Mace feat and all its prerequisites. And for extra fun, throw in the Blood in the Water stance.

Just watch out for death urge. Heh.

Socratov
2011-10-18, 04:33 AM
You really want +1 keen aptitude kukris. You then want to get the Lightning Mace feat and all its prerequisites. And for extra fun, throw in the Blood in the Water stance.

Just watch out for death urge. Heh.

blood in the water, best used with ghostsword (or ghostblade, or anything) you can get there with initiator level 1 and then the critfest begins with 2 chances instead of 1 to get a crit off..

happy times :)