PDA

View Full Version : Paladin/Soulknife/Ordained Champion/War Mind

Icestorm245
2011-10-17, 07:52 PM
While I really like the idea of this build, something has been bothering me about the paladin's spellcasting. Is paladin 4 enough to qualify for Ordained Champion's preresiquite of being able to cast magic weapon? Or do I need to take 6 levels in order to have a spell slot available?

This build isn't for anything in particular... I may make him down the road and use him in a later campaign. The idea is paladin 4 for turn/rebuke (and possible access to magic weapon), Ordained Champion 2 for smite, soulknife 1 for mind blade and wild talent, and finally war mind 10 for powers and BaB. Possibly go more into soulknife after maxing out war mind.

ShneekeyTheLost
2011-10-17, 08:31 PM
While I really like the idea of this build, something has been bothering me about the paladin's spellcasting. Is paladin 4 enough to qualify for Ordained Champion's preresiquite of being able to cast magic weapon? Or do I need to take 6 levels in order to have a spell slot available?

This build isn't for anything in particular... I may make him down the road and use him in a later campaign. The idea is paladin 4 for turn/rebuke (and possible access to magic weapon), Ordained Champion 2 for smite, soulknife 1 for mind blade and wild talent, and finally war mind 10 for powers and BaB. Possibly go more into soulknife after maxing out war mind.

... Why?

No wait... I invoke xkcd (http://xkcd.com/763/). While the details may be different, I have a sinking feeling the result may be analogous to within six decimal places.

HunterOfJello
2011-10-17, 08:41 PM
As long as you have 12 wisdom, then you have a bonus spell slot for 1st level spells and can therefore cast Magic Weapon.

You could get Magic Weapon casting, Turn Undead, and Weapon Focus for Heironeous' favored weapon, but I will not attempt to push that on you for obvious reasons.