PDA

View Full Version : Devil May Cry HD Collection Announced

Zevox
2011-10-17, 10:55 PM
As the title says (http://www.capcom-unity.com/snow_infernus/blog/2011/10/17/announcing_devil_may_cry_hd_collection). Devil May Cry 1, 2, and 3 (Dante's Awakening version) are all included, at the price of $40. It releases in early 2012, for both the 360 and PS3, and will include some unspecified bonus content.

Surprisingly, even though I only just played the games recently, I find myself tempted to get this. The visuals on Devil May Cry were never their strong suit even for their time, so, unusually for me, even the visual update appeals to me. If any of that bonus content involves fixing the first game's camera, improving Vergil mode in DMC3 so that it has an actual story (or at least has Vergil fight Dante instead of a red version of himself for the appropriate boss battles), or improving DMC2 basically at all, this'd be pretty much a must-have for me. Plus, honestly, with Devil May Cry 3 being probably my favorite action game ever, any sort of improved version of that is going to appeal to me.

So, anybody else interested in this?

Zevox

Deth Muncher
2011-10-18, 02:11 AM
As the title says (http://www.capcom-unity.com/snow_infernus/blog/2011/10/17/announcing_devil_may_cry_hd_collection). Devil May Cry 1, 2, and 3 (Dante's Awakening version) are all included, at the price of $40. It releases in early 2012, for both the 360 and PS3, and will include some unspecified bonus content.

Surprisingly, even though I only just played the games recently, I find myself tempted to get this. The visuals on Devil May Cry were never their strong suit even for their time, so, unusually for me, even the visual update appeals to me. If any of that bonus content involves fixing the first game's camera, improving Vergil mode in DMC3 so that it has an actual story (or at least has Vergil fight Dante instead of a red version of himself for the appropriate boss battles), or improving DMC2 basically at all, this'd be pretty much a must-have for me. Plus, honestly, with Devil May Cry 3 being probably my favorite action game ever, any sort of improved version of that is going to appeal to me.

So, anybody else interested in this?

Zevox

Oh hell yes. I've never had a Playstation, so this and the Metal Gear HD remix is music to my ears.

Zevox
2011-10-18, 09:01 AM
Oh hell yes. I've never had a Playstation, so this and the Metal Gear HD remix is music to my ears.
Just a tip on that: you may want to skip Devil May Cry 2. The story is completely incoherent, and the gameplay, while still fun to a degree, is a definite downgrade from the other two. Also, it's much easier than the others, and the high difficulty is one of the hallmarks of the series otherwise.

Story-wise it's pretty much irrelevant too. DMC3 is a prequel to the first one, and DMC4 takes place in between 1 and 2, so 2 is the last chronologically and as such has no effect on the other games of the series whatsoever. Which is good, because as I said, it doesn't make any sense.

Zevox

Comet
2011-10-18, 09:02 AM
Replaying DMC3 does sound like a lot of fun. And this'll give me a good excuse to get into the first (and maybe even the second) game, too, which I've never done properly before.

thegurullamen
2011-10-18, 08:49 PM
Having bought a brand new PS2 last year and a catalog of games that would make most gamers go "Huh. I already own most of those.", I am immune to this new wave of re-releases.

However, this was a good idea on the DMC license holder's part. If I didn't already own DMC3, I'd be heavily tempted here. I wonder what other games from yesteryear will make an HD comeback.