PDA

View Full Version : Work Week: Avatar Theme Week Nov 28 - Dec 4th

The Succubus
2011-10-18, 11:18 AM
Yes folks, this is a shiny new thread born from Avatar Theme Week Central (http://www.giantitp.com/forums/showthread.php?t=214071).

Please feel free to post your requests for avatars, discuss ideas.

Delayed for a week as a number of folks weren't ready.

LaZodiac
2011-10-18, 12:01 PM
First of all, I am a stupid can you tell me what those dates actually are?

Additionaly, I'm...basically completely stumped on what to do, if anything xP

ORione
2011-10-18, 03:17 PM
First of all, I am a stupid can you tell me what those dates actually are?

According to the thread name, November 21st to November 27th.

Assuming your question means, "what dates will this be?" If your question is something more philosophical, I can't help you there.

Fredaintdead
2011-10-18, 03:23 PM
Might as well prepare now then:

Calling any and all avatarists! Fred is offering cake and/or dozens of hugs to the person who can turn his original avatar into a teacher sitting behind a desk. Preferably less scowly.

http://img301.imageshack.us/img301/6679/golddwarfro8.png

Many pleases and thank yous. :smallsmile:

Mando Knight
2011-10-18, 03:23 PM

AKA Thanksgiving week in the ol' US of A.

I am also unsure of what to do for the week, if anything.

LaZodiac
2011-10-18, 04:10 PM

At the time, it was just the month in number format.

The Succubus
2011-10-18, 04:56 PM
Altered the title.

Ravens_cry
2011-10-18, 05:07 PM
So, we post our avatar doing our chosen profession? Or am I not thinking about this right?

Rawhide
2011-10-18, 05:09 PM
So, we post our avatar doing our chosen profession? Or am I not thinking about this right?

Pretty much.

It can be a job you've done, a job you are doing, or a job you hope to be doing.

The Succubus
2011-10-18, 05:09 PM
Well, if it's the job we're currently doing, I am royally stuffed for this week. X_x

What on earth does a Succubus Audiologist look like?

Pretty much.

It can be a job you've done, a job you are doing, or a job you hope to be doing.

I want to this legendary avatar you promised us. :smallwink:

Emperor Ing
2011-10-18, 05:14 PM
Huh, this actually might be kinda fun. I got a stupid idea already.

Rawhide
2011-10-18, 05:15 PM
I want to this legendary avatar you promised us. :smallwink:

I place small buoys in the ocean for people with rafts and light personal vessels to use as an anchorage. Kidding! ;)

Ravens_cry
2011-10-18, 05:20 PM
Pretty much.

I can do that. It's not a realistic dream, but it's a dream nonetheless.

flabort
2011-10-18, 06:18 PM
A job I've done would put me humorous deep in dish suds.
A job I'm doing would put a pencil in my hand.
A job I wish to be doing would leave me grasping a rocket firecracker Fireworks Rocket.
Or it would put me typing on a keyboard, wii controlers scattered about me, a fancy holographic monitor with lines of code floating by....

I wonder if Smuchmuch is still active? I haven't seen him or any new works for a while.

Rawhide
2011-10-18, 06:33 PM
While I suspect that some people will take the opportunity to be really out there with impossible jobs, I sincerely hope that most people will take it seriously and, if they choose a job they would like rather than one they have or had, choose jobs that they are actually trying to get and have a reasonable chance of obtaining. I personally think the week and avatars would be much better if this is the case.

Haruki-kun
2011-10-18, 06:42 PM
A job you hope to be doing.....?

http://i288.photobucket.com/albums/ll190/Haruki-san/DirRuki2.png

http://i288.photobucket.com/albums/ll190/Haruki-san/HaruPotter.png

http://i288.photobucket.com/albums/ll190/Haruki-san/HarukiElric.png

http://i288.photobucket.com/albums/ll190/Haruki-san/NinjaHaruki.png

Any of those count? Or should I get started on a Pokemon Trainer Avatar?

Lord Raziere
2011-10-18, 07:33 PM
Well, a job I hope to be doing is "Novelist"…..

so how much a change would that be? just….me typing on a computer or something?

like what I'm doing right now?

Howler Dagger
2011-10-18, 07:36 PM
could someone make my current Typhon avatar into one playing the cello?

Lemonus
2011-10-18, 07:38 PM
Would someone mind making a Banjulhu sitting at a school desk, doing
school-y things?

Heliomance
2011-10-18, 07:45 PM
Could I get a version of Naomi there in a male-styled business suit? A hat of some sort is mandatory :P

Thanks!

llamamushroom
2011-10-18, 08:30 PM
If anyone's willing, I'd like an avatar of a male Kindy teacher (in primary-coloured shirt, obviously :smalltongue:) being dogpiled by small children, while waving a white flag of surrender.

Thanks!

Dusk Eclipse
2011-10-18, 09:57 PM
.... any suggestions on how to turn Zabuza into a mechanical engineer? I really don't see how....

Mutant Sheep
2011-10-18, 10:04 PM
Uhh.. can I be dressed as a turkey? Sheep-turkey? I always wanted to be one of those guys in the holiday costumes who stand around...:smallredface:

Savannah
2011-10-18, 10:09 PM
Hmm....I have a distinct difference between avatar-Savannah and me-Savannah (even if I did lend avatar-Savannah my dog for the time being :smalltongue:), and we both do very different things. That presents quite a problem...

AsteriskAmp
2011-10-18, 10:36 PM
Could I get a version of Naomi there in a male-styled business suit? A hat of some sort is mandatory :P

Thanks!

I'll try to have this done as soon as possible.

Ceric
2011-10-18, 11:11 PM
.... any suggestions on how to turn Zabuza into a mechanical engineer? I really don't see how....

*mechanical engineer high-five!*

...Yeah, I don't know what to do either >.>

llamamushroom
2011-10-18, 11:40 PM

Give him a spanner, a quizzical eyebrow and a speech bubble saying "Dude, where's my CAD?".

Lady Moreta
2011-10-18, 11:42 PM
I don't normally do this, but the temptation is far too great to resist.

I am actually trained as an archaeologist... can I pretty please have an archaeologist avatar? :smallsmile:

Savannah
2011-10-18, 11:52 PM
I am actually trained as an archaeologist... can I pretty please have an archaeologist avatar? :smallsmile:

What do you want said archaeologist to look like?

Recherché
2011-10-19, 12:23 AM
On one hand, wearing my V cosplay to my job at Starbucks would both be amusing and result in some very fun pictures. On the other hand doing so might mean that I'd soon be out of a job. What to do?

The Succubus
2011-10-19, 04:24 AM
On one hand, wearing my V cosplay to my job at Starbucks would both be amusing and result in some very fun pictures. On the other hand doing so might mean that I'd soon be out of a job. What to do?

Summon Coffee VII. Maximised. (http://www.giantitp.com/comics/oots0317.html)

This is just screaming to have a colossal wrench across your back in place of the sword but I'm not sure how to do the outfit though.

Dusk Eclipse
2011-10-19, 08:10 AM

Technically I am still a student... I just started college this semester :smallredface:; but *Mechanical Engineer high five*:smallbiggrin:

Give him a spanner, a quizzical eyebrow and a speech bubble saying "Dude, where's my CAD?".

I like that :smallbiggrin:

Summon Coffee VII. Maximised. (http://www.giantitp.com/comics/oots0317.html)

This is just screaming to have a colossal wrench across your back in place of the sword but I'm not sure how to do the outfit though.

And combining it with this... yep I've got an idea for an avatar!!!.

A bit off-topic, why are the theme weeks so... far away? I mean normally the theme week thread would be up around one or two weeks before the theme week; but it seems since the Eldritch Abomination week there have put the thread up about a month in advance.

Am I right or for some reason my perception of time is screwy? (I blame the Eldritch Abominations....)

The Succubus
2011-10-19, 08:19 AM
Technically I am still a student... I just started college this semester :smallredface:; but *Mechanical Engineer high five*:smallbiggrin:

I like that :smallbiggrin:

And combining it with this... yep I've got an idea for an avatar!!!.

A bit off-topic, why are the theme weeks so... far away? I mean normally the theme week thread would be up around one or two weeks before the theme week; but it seems since the Eldritch Abomination week there have put the thread up about a month in advance.

Am I right or for some reason my perception of time is screwy? (I blame the Eldritch Abominations....)

Avatarial magic doesn't happen overnight. Well, sometimes it does, but we like more time to prepare. :smallcool:

Ashen Lilies
2011-10-19, 08:24 AM
Plus, I imagine room will want to be left for our sem-traditional 'Halloween Week'... should we have a thread for that? There seems to have been no discussion of it, so far...

Eldan
2011-10-19, 08:29 AM
I wouldn't even really have to change, but...

Could someone change mine to a stereotypical Victorian explorer? You know, like this (http://upload.wikimedia.org/wikipedia/commons/8/8d/Henry_Morton_Stanley%2C_1872.jpg). Pith Helmet, leather boots, khaki clothes...

Not sure what he should be holding in his hands, though. A tropical snake, maybe?

Edit: Got it. A butterfly net. That's even close to my last research project.

Scarlet Knight
2011-10-19, 09:11 AM
I place small buoys in the ocean for people with rafts and light personal vessels to use as an anchorage. Kidding! ;)
You what! Oh, I see you spelled that with a “u”…

Uhh.. can I be dressed as a turkey? Sheep-turkey? I always wanted to be one of those guys in the holiday costumes who stand around...:smallredface:
I’ve heard of a wolf in sheep’s clothing, but a sheep in turkey’s clothing? Perhaps carrying a sign saying " You'll gobble up our holiday savings!"

polity4life
2011-10-19, 09:17 AM
This looks fun. I would be grateful to anyone who can take this old man avatar and modify him a bit.

I'm looking for him in office attire, either sitting or standing, holding his glasses in one hand and rubbing his eyes/face palming himself with the other.

What do I have to do for compensation?

Teddy
2011-10-19, 09:18 AM
Hmm, how to make a Master of Computers Teddy avatar? I mean, my only partially supressed megalomania urges me to dominate salvate the world through my soon-to-be magyyck computer skillz. There would probably be more computer screens than my screen could handle. :smallwink:

Ask the boss? I mean, it doesn't sound especially harmful to me (although I'm just a random guy on the Internet), and those pictures would be worth their weight in gold (which isn't that much, but still).

The Succubus
2011-10-19, 09:20 AM
This looks fun. I would be grateful to anyone who can take this old man avatar and modify him a bit.

I'm looking for him in office attire, either sitting or standing, holding his glasses in one hand and rubbing his eyes/face palming himself with the other.

What do I have to do for compensation?

We accept Paypal and immortal souls.

Scarlet Knight
2011-10-19, 09:59 AM

Is the US, companies often allow workers to wear costumes for Halloween. Is that possible for you?

ShortOne
2011-10-19, 11:26 AM
Would it be possible to get a red apple holding a camera?

Recherché
2011-10-19, 07:50 PM
Is the US, companies often allow workers to wear costumes for Halloween. Is that possible for you?
My immediate boss probably wouldn't have a problem with it, but the next level up are known pains in the unmentionables and joy killers, who have already published a list of criteria for costumes to be worn to work. Near the top of the list is "no wigs" and "no prosthetics."
So V is kinda out.
Which just makes me want to do it more.

Ravens_cry
2011-10-20, 03:33 AM
My immediate boss probably wouldn't have a problem with it, but the next level up are known pains in the unmentionables and joy killers, who have already published a list of criteria for costumes to be worn to work. Near the top of the list is "no wigs" and "no prosthetics."
So V is kinda out.
Which just makes me want to do it more.
I don't suppose a dye job is an option?

Recherché
2011-10-20, 10:07 AM
I don't suppose a dye job is an option?

A: I don't really want to have short purple hair. I need my long black hair for Death of the Endless and a few other characters
B: Even if I tried to dye and cut it, I doubt my hair would end up looking right. Its just too curly/frizzy and dark to really take to that hairstyle.

flabort
2011-10-20, 11:57 AM
Someone could just draw V in a starbucks uniform, but that wouldn't be quite right, would it?
I guess the point is that your Avie is a photo, not a drawing.

Ceric
2011-10-20, 12:20 PM
You could take a picture with your V costume and Starbucks uniform outside any ol' Starbucks and pretend that's your workplace? Not nearly as awesome, but it also shouldn't get you fired.

Even better! *mechanical engineering student high-five*

Rawhide
2011-10-20, 02:42 PM
Ceric has the right kind of idea. Dressed up and not at work or dressed up outside of work/alternate store.

There's another option I've thought of, have you considered asking one of your bosses or alternate store bosses to allow you to dress up and come into the store on your own time when the store is not too busy purely for the photoshoot?

Mindfreak
2011-10-20, 05:49 PM
Heck yeah! Work Week was chosen!
Anyways, I've had mine done since Saturday.
http://i1181.photobucket.com/albums/x440/Mindfreak853/WorkWeek2.png
I really wish my job was to be a wrestler. Especially a part of WWE.
I also had my nude week one done since Saturday but that's another story.
And I made it myself!:smallbiggrin:

Dusk Eclipse
2011-10-21, 12:09 PM
I have two ideas for my avatar and I can't really decide, so I would like to hear some suggestions/opinions.

1) It is Zabuza with reaching for a Giant wrench in his back with one hand and a screwdriver in the other

2) Zabuza looking confused at some blueprints with some random machine parts scattered through the floor, with the giant wrench in his back.

So what do you think?

Ajadea
2011-10-21, 04:23 PM
Computer science has some of the most colorful language of any field. In what other field can you walk into a sterile room, carefully controlled at 68°F, and find viruses, Trojan horses, worms, bugs, bombs, crashes, flames, twisted sex changers, and fatal errors?

I skipped the crash because it would take forever to make, and the twisted sex changer because I have no clue what that could look like.

http://i54.tinypic.com/2mwfpk0.png

Large Version:
http://i52.tinypic.com/bi74g4.png

Calanon
2011-10-21, 05:14 PM
Need too ask Mattos for a Necropolitian in a subway uniform :smalltongue:
However that does remind me of that time I asked my boss "If i was a zombie would you let me work here?" He replied "Does that mean i get to pay you less?" and he's been my best friend ever since :smallbiggrin:

Lateral
2011-10-21, 10:33 PM
Awright, so the next theme week is the 21st? Cool.

...Now, the real question is, do I request Lateral as a biochemist or Ahab as a biochemist? Hmmm... choices...

Mercenary Pen
2011-10-23, 08:06 AM
Awright, so the next theme week is the 21st? Cool.

...Now, the real question is, do I request Lateral as a biochemist or Ahab as a biochemist? Hmmm... choices...

Why not Ahab as Lateral as a Biochemist, or Lateral as Ahab as a Biochemist...

Serpentine
2011-10-23, 08:43 AM
So, I guess... Sexy Librarian* Serpentine?

*Technically library assistant, but whatever.

Ashen Lilies
2011-10-23, 10:10 AM
Granny glasses and an iron tight bun that will somehow always look perfect when let down, without any kinks or knots? :smalltongue:

Morty
2011-10-23, 01:00 PM
Hm... would it be gauche to request an avatar in the style of Soviet propaganda posters? Seems kinda appropriate for a Work Week. :smalltongue:

Rawhide
2011-10-23, 06:08 PM
Hm... would it be gauche to request an avatar in the style of Soviet propaganda posters? Seems kinda appropriate for a Work Week. :smalltongue:

Probably, considering it would be political.

deuxhero
2011-10-23, 11:50 PM
Well, I suppose I could always go back to Raidou, or prehaps my STALKER avatar.

Recherché
2011-10-24, 01:13 AM
Okay, so plan take pics after Starbucks closes has failed. On to plan: request a non-stickfigure Barista Vaarsuvius avatar.

Teddy
2011-10-24, 07:01 AM
Probably, considering it would be political.

Unless there actually comes a political message with it, I'd argue that it's hardly political enough to be a problem. Given, you most likely have a better grasp on the nuances of the rules than I have, but I'd argue that a propaganda picture without the written message is just an idolised deptiction of whatever is on the picture (assuming that it's a glorification of yourself and not a mocking of your oponents), and I just love the esthetics of the good old propaganda posters, even in those cases where I don't agree with the message.

I would be sad if I learned that the whole art form is banned (but I'd accept it nevertheless)...

Serpentine
2011-10-24, 07:08 AM
Yeah, I'd find it very unfortunate if just an art style was banned...

Rawhide
2011-10-24, 07:25 AM
A picture depicting (or parodying) Soviet propaganda? Yeah, there is absolutely no way of getting out the political nature of that one.

Serpentine
2011-10-24, 07:29 AM
No, he said
Hm... would it be gauche to request an avatar in the style of Soviet propaganda posters? Seems kinda appropriate for a Work Week. :smalltongue:(emphasis mine)
So you are proposing to ban an entire genre of art? :smallconfused: Pretty sure you'll have to go wrest at least one person of their Iron Avatarist prize, then.

The Succubus
2011-10-24, 07:45 AM
A picture depicting (or parodying) Soviet propaganda? Yeah, there is absolutely no way of getting out the political nature of that one.

The defence cites precident here (http://www.cafepress.co.uk/orderofthestick/6255377).

Rawhide
2011-10-24, 07:55 AM
No, he said(emphasis mine)
So you are proposing to ban an entire genre of art? :smallconfused: Pretty sure you'll have to go wrest at least one person of their Iron Avatarist prize, then.

His exact words are unimportant, context is everything. He's asking for a Soviet propaganda style poster for work week because he feels it would be "relevant". Can you please report the Iron Avatarist picture so that it can be reviewed.

The defence cites precident here (http://www.cafepress.co.uk/orderofthestick/6255377).

The webcomics (and related merchandise) have no relation to the forum rules.

Serpentine
2011-10-24, 08:12 AM
I'm sure you'll find something in the Hall of Fame (http://www.giantitp.com/forums/showthread.php?t=37653). While you're at it, don't forget to scrub the various Cistine Chapel and Last Supper entries - mostly in Fine Arts, but also elsewhere - what with all the religious iconography and that, and all angel and devil-themed avatars for the same reason. And most of BRC's perfectly harmless avatars too, of course.

I'm sure it's obvious, but officially registering my extreme distaste at this proposed policy, and hope that you'll at least discuss it with the other moderators before attempting to enforce it.

Rawhide
2011-10-24, 09:08 AM
I'm sure you'll find something in the Hall of Fame (http://www.giantitp.com/forums/showthread.php?t=37653). While you're at it, don't forget to scrub the various Cistine Chapel and Last Supper entries - mostly in Fine Arts, but also elsewhere - what with all the religious iconography and that, and all angel and devil-themed avatars for the same reason. And most of BRC's perfectly harmless avatars too, of course.

I'm sure it's obvious, but officially registering my extreme distaste at this proposed policy, and hope that you'll at least discuss it with the other moderators before attempting to enforce it.

It is not a proposed policy, it is an existing policy. Any form of real world political discussion or material, including avatars, is expressly prohibited on the forums. People have received warnings and infractions for it. BRC's former username was even changed (in part) because of it.

Can you please report specific instances you feel may violate the rules. Please use the report function and clearly indicate which exact instance you are reporting and how we can find it. We will review the reports and make further decisions on specific instances.

Serpentine
2011-10-24, 09:16 AM
An art style or reference to a famous artwork is not a discussion.
No, because I don't think any of them violate the rules, and I certainly can't be bothered trawling through pages of image-heavy threads on my dodgy internet for reasons I strongly disagree with.

Scarlet Knight
2011-10-24, 09:43 AM
I sympathize with the mods, but you've hit on a problem facing many history teachers: How do you teach 20th century Russia without communism? Asian art without Buddism? Or Renaisance Europe without covering the Catholic Church of the day? There is at least one avatar with a crusader cross on it. Is it religious or historical? It is a puzzlement.

Rawhide
2011-10-24, 10:27 AM
This is not the place to discuss this, any further communication about this in this thread will be deleted and may result in a warning or infraction. If you wish to discuss the matter further, please send me a PM.

Morty's request for an avatar in the Soviet propaganda style for work week because it would be "appropriate" is specifically disallowed, as would any similar requests.

An art style is not in and of itself inherently political. However, the Soviet propaganda style is so closely linked with political propaganda and/or political commentary that extreme precaution to ensure that you will not be breaking the rules must be taken before using that style on this site. If you are in doubt on a specific piece, check with a moderator before posting.

Likewise, a picture of a chapel is not inherently religious on its own, but a depiction of a chapel may be religious depending on the depiction. A depiction of the last supper, however, will quite probably be religious in nature.

We are not omnipresent, we do not see everything that happens on these forums, we require you to bring it to our attention so that we can make a ruling on it.

Rich Burlew has stated, in his posts and by way of the rules, that he does not want any religious or political discussion (or other commentary) on these forums, even when they intersect with activities relevent to these forums, including gaming. They are, and have been, prohibited since before I started to use these forums.

-The Hairy Modfather

Morty
2011-10-24, 10:41 AM
Well, I guess I'll think of something else, then. My avatar as a miner, probably.

Heliomance
2011-10-24, 10:46 AM
Logically, the sensible thing to do would be to make up an avatar in the style, and show it to Rawhide before you start using it, so he can vet it and make sure it's inoffensive.

Lemonus
2011-10-24, 07:13 PM
Would someone mind making a Banjulhu sitting at a school desk, doing
school-y things?

Reposting my request.

Mutant Sheep
2011-10-24, 07:49 PM
I'd actually really like a sheep-in-a-turkey costume...:smallredface: So if anyone wants to try it...:smallwink: DO IT GUYS!:D

Halae
2011-10-25, 06:37 AM
Oh hey, theme weeks.

I'd like to get in on this as well. Is it possible to get an avatar of my character doing blacksmith work? The third one is of him before he got his wings, but that's no longer accurate. His sword is also now red along the blade, if you want to include that.

http://i21.photobucket.com/albums/b283/pyranack/Harnel5120.png
http://i21.photobucket.com/albums/b283/pyranack/Harnel4.png
http://i21.photobucket.com/albums/b283/pyranack/Halfdragon2-1.png
http://i21.photobucket.com/albums/b283/pyranack/harnel2.png

AsteriskAmp
2011-10-25, 09:50 PM
So I'm going down my list of avataring priorities in order of time of request.

http://i1230.photobucket.com/albums/ee492/araveugnitsuga1/Ribonis_Avatars/RibonisWorkWeek.png

Schoolgirl Ribonis, considering I'm not legally able to work, my job is pretty much being a student and avatarist.

Dusk Eclipse
2011-10-25, 10:17 PM
I have two ideas for my avatar and I can't really decide, so I would like to hear some suggestions/opinions.

1) It is Zabuza with reaching for a Giant wrench in his back with one hand and a screwdriver in the other

2) Zabuza looking confused at some blueprints with some random machine parts scattered through the floor, with the giant wrench in his back.

So what do you think?

Still looking for opinions guys >_>

The Succubus
2011-10-26, 05:06 AM
Reposting my request.

If you can get Strawberries to send me the .svg file, I'll do a school-based Banjhulhu for you.

Fredaintdead
2011-10-26, 06:33 AM
Might as well prepare now then:

Calling any and all avatarists! Fred is offering cake and/or dozens of hugs to the person who can turn his original avatar into a teacher sitting behind a desk. Preferably less scowly.

http://img301.imageshack.us/img301/6679/golddwarfro8.png

Many pleases and thank yous. :smallsmile:

Figured I'd repost my request.

Again: Many pleases and thank yous.

A Rainy Knight
2011-10-26, 05:52 PM
Figured I'd repost my request.

Again: Many pleases and thank yous.

I'll consider doing it once I figure out how to make my own school-related avatar work out the way I want. Do you have a particular subject in mind for said teacher?

Ceric
2011-10-26, 05:58 PM
Okay, I think I know how I want to turn my avatar into a mechanical engineer.

My current avatar holding a large, unfurled blueprint in both hands and smiling as the designs are leaping out of the paper. Y'know, classic fantasy-story-objects-emerging-from-open-book (http://fc03.deviantart.net/fs15/f/2007/086/2/4/story_book_by_givre.jpg) kinda thing. But in this case, the objects are gears, pulleys, screws, and various (http://dunningrb.files.wordpress.com/2007/10/300px-free_bodysvg.png) other (http://web.ics.purdue.edu/~krousgri/me270/wp-content/uploads/2009/09/problem06_020.jpg) engineery (http://s3.amazonaws.com/answer-board-image/20071082029206332747216062250001643.jpg) things (http://s3.amazonaws.com/answer-board-image/20089151220536335707805336012505574.jpg) if you are feeling particularly inspired. Basically, any of the bits and pieces off of this chart (http://upload.wikimedia.org/wikipedia/commons/a/ab/Table_of_Mechanicks%2C_Cyclopaedia%2C_Volume_2.png ) would be fine.

I would lastly like the staff to remain somewhere in the picture. I don't care how. But if it's too difficult to implement then that's fine too :smallsmile:

...I would love that as an avatar, but I'm guessing it won't fit. In which case, can I get it as a sig banner? I'll probably continue using the banner after the week's over :smallredface:

KenderWizard
2011-10-26, 06:11 PM
I don't usually do these because I don't have time to make new avatars all the time and I feel kinda bad asking other people to do them for me, but since the week in question includes my birthday and I'd absolutely love to show off my geology cred, could someone please do a geologist kender wizard?

I'm thinking tough-looking boots, toolbelt with hammer and coloured pencils or else holding a hammer, maybe holding a rock? If someone's really interested in doing it, they could change the wizard robe into a hiking-style raincoat, or put her with a microscope. Or wherever the muse takes you, along geological lines, with her colour scheme. :smallsmile:

Dusk Eclipse
2011-10-26, 10:39 PM
I might as well make it official, would anyone be willing to "engineer-ise" Zabuza?

Something like Zabuza looking confused at some blueprints with some random machine parts scattered through the floor, with the giant wrench in his back.

Please:smallbiggrin:

Lord Raziere
2011-10-27, 01:44 AM
This is my avatar for work week (I want to be novelist someday, the green book represents that and the whole appearance is pretty much my appearance in real life.):

http://i276.photobucket.com/albums/kk25/Trizap/WriterRaziere.png

Scarlet Knight
2011-11-15, 09:41 AM
I think I'll put up my avatar a little early. I hate to use it for only a week and it might encourage others to join.

Fredaintdead
2011-11-15, 11:35 AM
I'll consider doing it once I figure out how to make my own school-related avatar work out the way I want. Do you have a particular subject in mind for said teacher?

Sorry Rainy, didn't notice the reply. Urm, history would be preferred, but mathematics and science are fine too. :smallsmile:

Heliomance
2011-11-15, 11:39 AM
Heh, forgot about this. How are you doing with suited Naomi, August?

Halae
2011-11-15, 08:50 PM
So, yeah, would I be able to get that version of my avi doing blacksmithing?

AsteriskAmp
2011-11-15, 09:40 PM
Heh, forgot about this. How are you doing with suited Naomi, August?

Ready soon, university entrance exam messed my schedules, so I had a bit of a setback.

Creed
2011-11-15, 09:48 PM
My work avatar would be a homeless person my current avatar is a navy blue button up shirt. Which is kindof boring. I'd have to go back to one of my previous jobs to get something humorous. (Examples: Comic book guy from the Simpsons version of my avatar, my avatar in a McDonald's uniform, etcetera. Dark times in Creed's life, folks.)

The Succubus
2011-11-16, 05:54 AM
Ummm, I actually forgot about this. My current avatar may explain the cause...

(Edited to show what the avatar was):

http://img805.imageshack.us/img805/5016/huscarlbus.png

>.>

<.<

Scarlet Knight
2011-11-16, 10:05 PM
You're BLONDE!?

The Succubus
2011-11-17, 05:23 AM
/facepalm

All the women I see in Skyrim are either blonde or brunettes. Hardly see anyone with black hair.

I'll do my Work's avatar on the weekend. Given that there's no way I could convey my actual job via a succubus without breaking my brain, I'll go with something in the same sort of field.

Pika...
2011-11-17, 10:09 AM
What exactly are the avatars supposed to be doing?

Scarlet Knight
2011-11-17, 10:36 AM
What exactly are the avatars supposed to be doing?

" Your avatar is shown in your current job, your favorite job you've had, or a job you hope to have."

...or , in my case, a job that went well with my avatar. :smallwink:

The Succubus
2011-11-17, 10:37 AM
My work's one isn't up yet Pika (*cough*oractuallydoneyet*cough*) but the theme is your normal avatar doing your job or a job you'd like to do. My one will be The Succubus in a nurse's uniform, for example.

The Succubus
2011-11-17, 06:48 PM
Thar we go - one medical themed Succubus up for Work Week. No, I don't know what she's planning to do with that giant syringe either...:smalleek:

Pika...
2011-11-17, 08:43 PM
Hmm...

I have no idea what to make my Pikachu. :/

Scarlet Knight
2011-11-17, 08:56 PM
An electrician?

Pika...
2011-11-17, 10:16 PM
An electrician?

Hehe...hehe...:smallbiggrin:

Anyone up for the task?

Rawhide
2011-11-19, 05:41 AM
So, we might need to delay the week. It seems that my avatar will not be completed in time.

Hmm...

I have no idea what to make my Pikachu. :/

It should be a job you are doing, a job you have done, or a job you are working towards doing.

RabbitHoleLost
2011-11-19, 10:12 AM
http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v296/Hito-chan/GitP/RHL2.png
Bam. Fanfiction-Pharmacy Tech Rabbit by Trog.
Premade and awesome.

TheCountAlucard
2011-11-19, 10:25 AM
If anyone wants to make an IT Geek Alucard, I'd be happy to use it, but otherwise, I think I'll sit this one out. :smalltongue:

TinyMushroom
2011-11-19, 01:54 PM
"Welcome to the playground. May I take your order?"

TheCountAlucard
2011-11-19, 02:10 PM
"Welcome to the playground. May I take your order?"D'awww... :smallredface:

Asta Kask
2011-11-19, 02:20 PM

What's a nice girl like you doing in a place like this?

Halae
2011-11-19, 07:56 PM

>.>

That looks suspiciously like me.

Speaking of which, I /am/ still waiting on that blacksmith avatar. Is anybody willing to take it up? Or do I have to start asking people personally? >.>

Ashen Lilies
2011-11-20, 02:51 AM
Piracy counts as an occupation, right?

Scarlet Knight
2011-11-20, 09:52 AM
Works for Jimmy Buffett :smallcool:

The Succubus
2011-11-20, 03:14 PM
So, we might need to delay the week. It seems that my avatar will not be completed in time.

Rawhide, could you edit the thread title to say it's been delayed a week please? It'll give me time to do avatars for a couple of people.

KenderWizard
2011-11-20, 03:35 PM
I would still love a KenderWizardGeologist, if someone could do it for me? Please? :smallsmile:

Heliomance
2011-11-20, 04:41 PM
Wait - so this was announced a month ago, and it needs to be delayed? O_o

Lord Raziere
2011-11-20, 05:18 PM
No, I've been waiting long enough, the week starts tomorrow.

and what is a couple? I've done avatars in one day, how many is this "couple" that could take a week?

Rawhide
2011-11-20, 08:00 PM
I certainly wouldn't do it solely for the sake of my avatar, though it would be a huge disappointment (especially as I promoted the idea after it was suggested), but there are at least two avatarists I know of that have a huge backlog and haven't finished many avatars for various people.

How does everyone else feel about moving it back a week? For and against.

TheCountAlucard
2011-11-20, 09:58 PM
Haven't got one myself, so I'm fine with pushing it back a bit.

Halae
2011-11-20, 11:25 PM
Well, I still don't even have a response to my request, so I'm definitely for waiting another week.

Savannah
2011-11-21, 01:11 AM
A job I've done would put me humorous deep in dish suds.

http://img849.imageshack.us/img849/695/wwflabort.png

Demilich + soapsuds = hilarious

The Succubus
2011-11-21, 05:50 AM
The other option, of course, is to extend it by a week - i.e. 21st Nov to 2nd Dec?

I promise I will do someone's Work Week avatar when I get in this evening and not sit there playing Skyrim. >.>

Asta Kask
2011-11-21, 06:15 AM
Is that a syringe in your pocket or are you just happy to see me?

Scarlet Knight
2011-11-21, 07:24 AM
I vote for delaying it;if it increases participation.

I'll just leave mine up an extra week and hope others join in.

Rawhide
2011-11-21, 09:56 AM
With that, I've decided to delay it to officially be on Nov 28 - Dec 4th. That doesn't stop people from celebrating it before the official dates, of course.

Pika...
2011-11-21, 10:42 AM
It should be a job you are doing, a job you have done, or a job you are working towards doing.

I see. So maybe the following?:

http://i47.photobucket.com/albums/f173/celestialkin/TeacherPikachu.png

Best I could find for a teacher pikachu. :/

The Succubus
2011-11-21, 10:49 AM
Teacha-chu! :smalltongue:

Pika...
2011-11-21, 11:43 AM
Teacha-chu! :smalltongue:

LoL...

Here: http://fc01.deviantart.net/fs71/f/2010/311/8/3/cookie_smilie_by_dragonarts-d32e9ub.gif

The Succubus
2011-11-21, 05:08 PM
And here's everyone's favourite bloodsucker, demonstrating the finer points of IT repair:

http://img7.imageshack.us/img7/859/italucard.png

TheCountAlucard
2011-11-21, 05:17 PM
And here's everyone's favourite bloodsucker, demonstrating the finer points of IT repair:

http://img7.imageshack.us/img7/859/italucard.pngOkay, I lol'ed. :smalltongue:

However, you do know these are goggles, right? :smallconfused:

Heliomance
2011-11-21, 08:59 PM
Is it an ironic statement that the picture's broken?

Lord Raziere
2011-11-21, 09:16 PM
putting on my writer avatar early.

The Succubus
2011-11-22, 04:36 AM
Is it an ironic statement that the picture's broken?

The one I put up needed more work doing to it. Hoping to have a more polished version by this evening.

Halae
2011-11-22, 07:30 AM
I continue to pepper this thread with posts of my lack of a work-week avatar.

If the blacksmith one is too hard to think of something for, writer or lawyer work well enough as well.

The Succubus
2011-11-22, 07:54 AM
Once I've finished the Count's one, I'll see what I can do Harnel.

Halae
2011-11-22, 07:59 AM
I'd appreciate it, thank you :smallbiggrin:

The Succubus
2011-11-23, 06:09 PM
And our resident wizard learns why geology is a risky business in D&D:

http://img266.imageshack.us/img266/4026/kendergeolrg.png

Now available in avatar-size!

http://img20.imageshack.us/img20/9429/kendergeo.png

KenderWizard
2011-11-24, 03:18 AM
Eeeeee!! I love it!! :smallbiggrin: How adorable is that?!

Thank you! You're great! :smallsmile:

Rawhide
2011-11-27, 08:05 AM
Still hoping I'll be able to actually participate...

Fredaintdead
2011-11-27, 08:44 AM
Still hoping I'll be able to actually participate...

Same here... *twiddles thumbs*

Heliomance
2011-11-27, 08:56 AM
Thirded. *makes puppy dog eyes at August*

A Rainy Knight
2011-11-27, 09:12 AM
Same here... *twiddles thumbs*

Whew, I'm not late yet! I was certain that I had just let your request wander off to die somewhere after I got busy, but we can still save this one. :smalltongue:
http://i220.photobucket.com/albums/dd267/A_Rainy_Knight/g9339.png

Fredaintdead
2011-11-27, 09:58 AM
Whew, I'm not late yet! I was certain that I had just let your request wander off to die somewhere after I got busy, but we can still save this one. :smalltongue:
http://i220.photobucket.com/albums/dd267/A_Rainy_Knight/g9339.png

Bloody hell you have damn good timing. :smallbiggrin:
It's fantastic man. Absolutely brilliant. Thanks a million.

The Succubus
2011-11-27, 11:01 AM
Pfff - pipped to the post by Rain! :smalltongue:

http://img210.imageshack.us/img210/9133/freducation.png

Fredaintdead
2011-11-27, 12:00 PM
Pfff - pipped to the post by Rain! :smalltongue:

http://img210.imageshack.us/img210/9133/freducation.png

Guh... not sure... which one to use... crippling indecision... may use both.

That's awesome too. :smallsmile:

Mercenary Pen
2011-11-27, 03:18 PM
Guh... not sure... which one to use... crippling indecision... may use both.

That's awesome too. :smallsmile:

You know what it is missing on that blackboard:

AD 1970- Angry vikings discover spam.

(also should technically be AD 787 rather than 787 AD)

AsteriskAmp
2011-11-27, 07:27 PM
Thirded. *makes puppy dog eyes at August*

http://i1230.photobucket.com/albums/ee492/araveugnitsuga1/OoTS_Avatars/Heliomancework.png

http://i1230.photobucket.com/albums/ee492/araveugnitsuga1/OoTS_Avatars/Heliomancework.png

The Succubus
2011-11-27, 07:30 PM

Is it me or is that avatar unbearably cute & hawt?

Heliomance
2011-11-27, 08:27 PM
Woo, thanks!

Lateral
2011-11-27, 10:05 PM
I'll repost my request for Lateral as a biochemist, with just a hint of MAD SCIENCE. (That's what I've settled on.) If anyone has time to do this, thanks.

Rawhide
2011-11-27, 11:05 PM
My vacation is over, it's back to work I go.

Lateral
2011-11-27, 11:17 PM
You work with supercomputers? I knew you were awesome, Rawhide, but...

Rawhide
2011-11-27, 11:20 PM
You work with supercomputers? I knew you were awesome, Rawhide, but...

It's a server room full of server racks full of servers. Each rack houses multiple independent servers. Well, some are clustered rather than totally independent, but you get the idea.

Mystic Muse
2011-11-27, 11:55 PM
How is working with Servers, out of curiosity?

I'm the pony-shaped Queen of the Zerg Swarms. Does that count as a job?

Rawhide
2011-11-28, 12:48 AM
How is working with Servers, out of curiosity?
Surprisingly satisfying.

I'm the pony-shaped Queen of the Zerg Swarms. Does that count as a job?

:tongue:

I'm sure you can get an actual work avatar. :smalltongue::smalltongue::smalltongue:

Mystic Muse
2011-11-28, 12:51 AM
Surprisingly satisfying.
I'll take that as a "Good" :smalltongue:

:tongue:

I'm sure you can get an actual work avatar. :smalltongue::smalltongue::smalltongue:

Yeah, I can. I could probably draw it myself in fact. Might even try to later.

The Succubus
2011-11-28, 05:19 AM
So when we get a 503 error, it's actually due to your wayward pet chewing on an ethernet cable? :smallwink:

Halae
2011-11-28, 12:37 PM
And from the Darling succubus, I suddenly find myself with a job! hurrah!

Rawhide
2011-11-29, 06:37 AM
So, workers represent!

Post if you've got a work week avatar up and what the job is.

For me, it's a Network/Security Engineer working in a server room. Actual job I've had. Currently, I'm doing pretty much the same thing, but for multiple businesses as a consultant. The server work is mostly done remotely, so I'm very rarely physically in a server room.

The Succubus
2011-11-29, 06:46 AM
My job is an audiologist but I had no idea what a succubus audiologist would look like, let alone how to avatarise one. So I went for something with a medical theme instead and came up with a "naughty nurse" style succubus with a huge syringe. Part of the inspiration was the Nyx from the Castlevania series, which looks pretty similar.

Serpentine
2011-11-29, 07:53 AM
Sexy Librarian (Assistant), of course.

So uh... Did I tell someone I was gonna make them an avatar for this? <.<

The Succubus
2011-11-29, 07:56 AM
Sexy Librarian (Assistant), of course.

So uh... Did I tell someone I was gonna make them an avatar for this? <.<

You always have to go the extra mile, don't you Serp. You've even got a banner displaying in the advertising section for work week. :smalltongue:

Serpentine
2011-11-29, 08:09 AM
Yes, clearly that was planned that way.
<.<
>.>
BUY MY STUFF! [/supersubliminal advertising]

TheCountAlucard
2011-11-29, 10:35 AM
Alucard here, with a The Succubus-made IT avatar. :smallcool:

How else do you expect a pistol-wielding super-vampire to fix a computer? :smalltongue:

Also, Serpy Librarian is best librarian. :smallamused:

Halae
2011-11-29, 08:42 PM
I'm not quite a blacksmith just yet. But my uncle is though, and want to apprentice myself to him If I can get that going, then perhaps you'll see my pieces online in the future :smallsmile:

Scarlet Knight
2011-11-29, 10:12 PM
Sign man for a road construction crew. Never worked as one but was too perfect for my avatar.

Savannah
2011-11-29, 11:02 PM
Full-time grad student :smallwink:

Rawhide
2011-12-02, 06:51 AM
Full-time grad student :smallwink:

Hey now, that's cheating! :smallwink:

What qualification are you getting and what job do you hope to get?

GrlumpTheElder
2011-12-02, 07:08 AM
Whoops, only just noticed this week...

Go Go Grlump Office Worker

Savannah
2011-12-02, 11:15 AM
Hey now, that's cheating! :smallwink:

Which part, the reusing one of my normal avatars or the claiming grad student as a job?

What qualification are you getting and what job do you hope to get?

Masters in Behavior Analysis. Dog behaviorist. Very, very qualified dog behaviorist :smalltongue:

The Succubus
2011-12-02, 11:23 AM
Which part, the reusing one of my normal avatars or the claiming grad student as a job?

Yes.

Masters in Behavior Analysis. Dog behaviorist. Very, very qualified dog behaviorist :smalltongue:

Perhaps your lazy, lazy avatar being waited on by a dog carrying tea and biscuits/ :smallwink:

Savannah
2011-12-02, 05:22 PM
Perhaps your lazy, lazy avatar being waited on by a dog carrying tea and biscuits/ :smallwink:

Would this one be less cheating? :smalltongue:
http://img231.imageshack.us/img231/85/lilye.png

The Succubus
2011-12-02, 06:52 PM
Would this one be less cheating? :smalltongue:
http://img231.imageshack.us/img231/85/lilye.png

Hmmm, I'll let that one pass on the grounds that's adorable. <3

Mando Knight
2011-12-02, 11:25 PM
One of my university's Psych profs raises and trains dogs. Even uses them for in class demonstrations every once in a while...

...Also, Master Dragon Trainer is totally a job.

llamamushroom
2011-12-03, 02:05 AM
Teacher of English to small children here, because my job description doesn't technically say "human playground equipment". Excellent avatar by Ceika!

Lord Raziere
2011-12-05, 01:13 AM
Last Day. Switching out to my Sidereal Chosen of Secrets avatar.