PDA

View Full Version : The Sun Never Sets on the Evil Empire IC Thread

tigerusthegreat
2011-10-18, 11:36 AM
From all corners of the continent of Seria, you've been drawn to TonsJamie. Whether its for power, money, or just to see what these strangers from another land are all about, you are here. An opportunity has arisen. From people you trust, or at least somewhat reliable sources, word has reached you of a way to make a lot of money, and possible find a source of power that you can use to your advantage. The benefactor has asked only for you to meet him near the docks after the first bell of the morning.

The bell tolls, and you, and four other strangers, have gathered. Their appearances range widely, but they have clearly gathered the same summons. Before the sound of the bell fades, a figure steps out of the shadow. He wears a long cloak with the hood pulled up so you cannot see his face. His voice is a hiss, with an accent that is not known to you.

"It is good that you have come. I have work for you, and if you live, a chance to earn further treasures than I offer you now. Aboard the vessels here are chests of coin and goods of a far off land, ready to be traded with your people. The Captain of the Watch, the Mayor, and the head Tax Assessor have made this difficult. I wish for them to be removed as obstacles by any means you see fit. If you can convince them to lessen the difficulties, good...if you wish to kill or drive them from the city, that would not displease me. Do this, and you will be well rewarded."

Killswitch
2011-10-18, 02:37 PM
"If I understand you correctly, this job will make these items to be easier to trade with the people? I have no care for what item is on that ship that you seek nor for whomever it is, I just care if you keep your word that I will be paid for this job. Do you have any valuable intel on these men?"

tigerusthegreat
2011-10-18, 04:07 PM
"They are your people, not mine, so I leave it to you to find them and deal with them. Most likely they feel safe in their city, you could use that to your advantage. I will pay you well, as should anyone find out about our dealing, it would be bad for our business."

Hbgplayer
2011-10-18, 04:12 PM
"I'll consider it, as soon as ye tell me how much ye'll be payin' me. I won't do it, however, before I've got some information on these folks; I'm not about ta repeat a past mistake by bein' too rash." Blarn responds, talking in an accented, graveled voice while stroking his jaw-line down to his chin with one hand, stroking the ears of Mutt with the left.

Killswitch
2011-10-18, 05:01 PM
"Okay fair enough, how shall we contact you after the job is completed? I'm going to jump conclusions and assume you want us to work as a team on this job."

tigerusthegreat
2011-10-18, 06:39 PM
"I will pay each of you two thousand gold pieces once the task is done to my satisfaction, and not a copper before then. Whether you work as a team or not is not my concern, but it would certainly preclude you from getting in each other's way." He digs around in his pocket for something, and presents five ceramic tiles about two inches wide and an inch long that are very thin. "These are magic imbued tiles. They will allow you to send me a short message of twenty five words when broken. Use them to notify me of your success, and I will arrange another meeting." He offers you each a tile.

King-Strawberry
2011-10-18, 07:55 PM
Nathan surely looks out of place in this sinister group, with his platinum hair, golden eyes, and gleaming white fullplate. He takes the offered token. "2000 gp to snuff a couple people? Gladly."

Hbgplayer
2011-10-18, 10:34 PM
That is a considerable amount more than I expected ye to tell me. That shall be enough for me. I'm not about to speak for every one though, only for me. And like I said, I'm not takin' any action until I get some information about those that ye want, "taken care of" Blarn said with finger quotes.

Killswitch
2011-10-19, 12:33 AM
"Ok, I will contact you once the job is completed. I'm going to the pub if anyone care to join me your more than welcome. I believe that would be one of our best places to talk and start collecting intel"

Silver Night
2011-10-19, 01:05 AM
Two thousand will be good. Always need funding.

The pub, yes. Best work together. Better chance for each of us to collect. I am Nail, by the by.

mrcarter11
2011-10-19, 06:02 AM
Lakar looks at this people with his head at a noticeable angle.

"We're gonna go talk about killing the mayor of a city, in a pub? How bout we attempt to find something a little more private. Killing people is something I'm fine with. However be caught planning to kill someone for talking about in public is something I'm not fine with. Dear god, what have I stumbled into now.

Killswitch
2011-10-19, 09:21 AM
"I never said we'd kill them, it would be to our benefit if we keep them alive. The guards won't be on high alert for us and we may need their position of power later, if they bend to our will once it may be possible to do it again. Cutting them down isn't the prime objective, when negotiations have irrecoverable gone south that is when we'd end it. That does not take much planning in its own right. Let's face it, the cargo were after is supposedly aboard that ship, where is one the first place a sailor is going to go after a long voyage, most likely pulling exhaustive guard duty watches? Besides so long as your choice of words goes well they will be too inebriated to care nor remember what were talking about. When it comes down planning exact details, after gathering intel, I agree a public place as such is not desirable. I'm Xandel, pleasure to be working with all of you on this job."

mrcarter11
2011-10-19, 11:10 AM
"I never said we'd kill them, it would be to our benefit if we keep them alive. The guards won't be on high alert for us and we may need their position of power later, if they bend to our will once it may be possible to do it again. Cutting them down isn't the prime objective, when negotiations have irrecoverable gone south that is when we'd end it. That does not take much planning in its own right. Let's face it, the cargo were after is supposedly aboard that ship, where is one the first place a sailor is going to go after a long voyage, most likely pulling exhaustive guard duty watches? Besides so long as your choice of words goes well they will be too inebriated to care nor remember what were talking about. When it comes down planning exact details, after gathering intel, I agree a public place as such is not desirable. I'm Xandel, pleasure to be working with all of you on this job."

"I'm not the brightest, but he just said, that all he wants us to do is to kill three people. There isn't any cargo for us. We kill three people who are making unloading cargo in the city an issue and then he pays us. Currently we are killers for hire.

Hbgplayer
2011-10-19, 05:08 PM
"I've got to agree with ye, we been hired to kill the three officials, but the proper term is Bounty Hunter. It sounds more respectable. An' I agree that meeting in the tavern isn't such a good Idea; I'm currently renting a flat at an Inn on the other side of the city. It is more than big enough fer the five o' us. If thats OK with the rest o' ye. Now, I got other business to attend to this fine morning, so I can't dilly-dally all day." Blarn says as he crosses his arms across his chest and knots his eyebrows slightly.

mrcarter11
2011-10-19, 05:12 PM
Lakar shakes his head back and forth weighing things in his mind.

"Sounds better than the alternative.. Lead the way. "

Hbgplayer
2011-10-19, 05:23 PM
"Ye'll have to give me at least two hours before we meet there; like I said, I have other business to attend to first. It's the Ocean Tide's inn on the other side of the city. If the rest o' ye agree, be there in two hours."

Silver Night
2011-10-19, 09:55 PM
"Ocean's tide, sure." Nail frowns briefly, "Think before we decide on our exact methods of clearing things up, we should find out a bit more about the, ahem, objectives we will be attending to. Killing may bring too much attention, and some of us like to keep a low profile."

King-Strawberry
2011-10-19, 09:57 PM
"I wish I had some suitable minions for a task like this, although they may attract too much attention in the city..."

Silver Night
2011-10-19, 10:08 PM
Oh, a little makeup, the right outfit, they fit right in. In-ish.

King-Strawberry
2011-10-19, 10:16 PM
"Hmm I just got an idea, if one of the targets is heavily guarded we could draw a couple guards away by making a 'disturbance' nearby with them."

tigerusthegreat
2011-10-19, 10:19 PM
The man seems to have slipped away during your talking.

Silver Night
2011-10-19, 10:50 PM
Perhaps we can head to the inn and continue the discussion. One would hope they have private dining rooms.

Killswitch
2011-10-19, 11:27 PM
Rubs eyes "Oy vey, he said by removing the difficulty they are placing on the trade of the cargo, or run them from the city or kill them. I'm not against taking their life, but if the former can be more prosperous then I'd prefer it. If its majority rule we just put them to slaughter so be it. Off to the Inn"

Hbgplayer
2011-10-20, 10:52 AM
Blarn starts to back down the alley that he was standing in front of, trying to slip away without anyone noticing him leaving.

Move Silently (Blarn) [roll0]
Move Silently (Mutt) [roll1] :smallsigh:
Hide: [roll2]

Killswitch
2011-10-20, 01:04 PM
[roll0]
[roll1]
"Heh" begins walking towards the inn.

tigerusthegreat
2011-10-24, 09:17 AM
After a couple hours, you all meet together in a private room at the Ocean's Tide, an inn. With the door locked it will be hard for anyone to overhear you. The innkeeper has sent in a large quantity of ale, as well as a good selection of food.

(If anyone had anything that needed done before that let me know and we can concurrent it real fast).

Silver Night
2011-10-24, 09:24 PM
"So, I hope everyone is comfortable with what we'll be doing?" Nail sips a drink, "I would suggest handling one client at a time. Does anyone have any thoughts on how exactly we should go about neutralizing them? I expect some reconnaissance is in order."

Hbgplayer
2011-10-24, 11:32 PM
"I am comfortable with it enough, seein' as I've been doin' the last five years. And yer right, we'll, or I will in the least, be doin' reconnaissance on the condemned. I screwed up a few years ago by trustin' too much what an employer told me, and it nearly killed me." Blarn replied between sips of a hard whiskey. "As for takin' care o' them, I have a number of human slayin' arrows that few I have seen ever survive. An' if we decide, for some reason, not to kill one, or all, o' them, I have sleep arrows, which work like a charm so long as they ain't elf or undead."

Killswitch
2011-10-25, 01:47 PM
"Due to each title these men hold, I think it may be our best bet to hit the mayor either first or last depending on how the recon goes. If we need to take him down, I believe his death will cause the most disturbance in the city. I second Nail, on dealing with them one at a time, we may be able to handle them all at the same time but if sh*t hits the fan we may all need to be there. Any ideas for the recon?"

Hbgplayer
2011-10-26, 11:50 PM
"The death of the mayor may cause the largest disturbance throughout the city, but the death of the Captain of the Guard will cause the largest backlash throughout the Guard; and he's the least likely to be scared off, seein' as how he controls Guard. Therefore, I suggest that we...take care of... him last, because the Guard will pursue the killers relentlessly.
"I will case him fer a while, to see where it will be easiest to make it happen. We need to be a hundert percent sure of what everone is protected by; not only fer knowing how to take 'em out easiest, but also to know who may be the easiest to pay off." Blarn responds, thumb planted next to his chin, index finger rubbing the stubble on his jaw-line adjacent to it.

Silver Night
2011-10-27, 02:39 PM
"So, the head Tax Assessor first, then? He is the least likely to be missed, after all, if a permanent solution is required. So, we would just need to find out where he lives and where he works. Or more likely where he works and follow him back from there to where he lives."

Hbgplayer
2011-10-29, 06:50 PM
"We may not want to kill the Tax Assesor, or even make him disappear. If we somehow find something to blackmail him with, imagine the kickbacks that we could get from him!"

Killswitch
2011-10-30, 12:09 PM
"I agree with the half-blood, using the Taxman may be to our best interest. Hopefully we can catch the Mayor and the Captain in a meeting for an ambush, if not it'll allow us to take them out shortly after each other. Saving us a great deal of trouble the guards would give us. "

Hbgplayer
2011-10-30, 12:38 PM
Blarn shuts his eyes and clenches his fists as his face quickly turns bright red. He takes several deep, slow breaths, then he speaks through clenched teeth. "I suggest, that if ye value all o' ye limbs, ye never, EVER!, CALL ME A HALF-BLOOD AGAIN!"

Killswitch
2011-10-30, 10:55 PM
Casually takes a drink from his cup."Cool your jets, no need to be so rash with your frustration especially with what's at stake with this job."

Killswitch
2011-11-01, 04:25 PM
After Recon: "Sounds like the Mayor will be the easiest to deal with since he's anti-social and his guards aren't fond of the job. I'm pretty sure we can get the Captain into a bar-fight or just fight of some sort. We can possibly trick the Tax Assessor, if we can get access to the trade reports we may get some leverage over him or use his mistress since he seems quite fond of her"

Hbgplayer
2011-11-02, 09:05 PM
"And for tha' reason, I think it's gonna be easier ta take o' the Captain. I don' fancy attackin' the Mayor while he be at city hall, with the Guard Barracks right down the hall if any thin' goes wrong, ye know what I mean? I'm sure tha' we can take him out at some sort'a public function, maybe the funeral for the captain maybe? I know I said that he would be best ta take out last, but now that I seen how he is in public, it shouldn't be too hard to take out. I do agree with ye however, that the bar-fight scenario would be the best way ta do it. It's nice and anonymous, and it don' look nearly as suspicious as a slaying arrow stick'n out o' his back, ye know what I mean?" Blarn replies with a smirk.

Silver Night
2011-11-02, 11:04 PM
It would need to be very anonymous indeed. Perhaps we should make sure that those of us who are there look like other people entirely?

Hbgplayer
2011-11-02, 11:41 PM
"I don' plan to look the same. I won't even be the same race."

Killswitch
2011-11-05, 10:20 PM
"Heh, ok whatever, lets go for the Captain then."Gets up and leaves the building.

Silver Night
2011-11-05, 10:57 PM
Nail follows, "We should find him, and then work out how best to do it."

tigerusthegreat
2011-11-05, 10:58 PM
It is not hard to find the Captain, he is in a bar across town, drinking and joking with three other guards.

Killswitch
2011-11-06, 10:30 AM
Takes up nearest seating arrangement to the Captain, while attempting to be as discrete as possible

Hbgplayer
2011-11-06, 11:26 AM
Blarn, disguised as a blonde-haired human, orders an ale in a drawl, and sits down at an empty table near the door, keeping the captain in his peripheral vision.

I figured the disguise check should be a DM thing, so my modifier is +8.

Killswitch
2011-11-07, 03:47 PM
Goes and talks to the bartender on the side, away from the Captain's view. "Here ",puts a small bag of 150 gold in his hand, "Keep those men's drinks as potent and full as possible, do not make my presence known to anyone and there will be more where that came from" Nodding to the Captain and his men. Returns to my seat with a stein of mead.

tigerusthegreat
2011-11-07, 04:45 PM
The barkeep takes the money, and after about thirty minutes of drinking, the Captain's group is getting rowdier. It is not long before one says something insulting to the other, and two of the underlings are throwing fists. The table is overturned, and the Captain gets in between then, receiving a fist in the eye for his efforts. All around cheers and bets can be heard being placed, while the barkeep wonders what the damage to his property will be.

Hbgplayer
2011-11-07, 04:52 PM
Blarn stands up, and starts moving towards the group, drawing his dagger, and sliding it up his sleeve, trying to keep people from noticing what he was doing. He comes to a stop about ten feet behind the captain, and casually looks over the crowd, looking for any of his team.

Slight of Hand: [roll0]
Spot: [roll1]

Silver Night
2011-11-07, 10:59 PM
Nails, having used Disguise Self to appear as a tan, slightly shorter man, also sidles closer to the Captain.

tigerusthegreat
2011-11-07, 11:21 PM
The captain does not seem to be aware of you. He seems to be contemplating breaking up the fight or placing a bet on it.

Killswitch
2011-11-08, 01:09 AM
Moves closer to the brawl, standing adjacent to the Captain casually drinking my mead. "30 gold pieces on the smaller one" leans a bit to the Captain to make sure he can hear me and points to the soldier.

tigerusthegreat
2011-11-08, 08:32 AM
"I'll take that action." The Captain says. "Brutus, that's the bigger one to you, can mop the floor with any of my guys, sober or drunk."

mrcarter11
2011-11-08, 06:47 PM
Lakar decide it would be a potent time to enter the bar. Mostly there in case of something going wrong, or if a larger fight breaks out. Lakar takes his seat near the back and waits to see how the evening will unfold.

King-Strawberry
2011-11-08, 08:16 PM
Nathan enters the bar as if drawn in by the noise of the spectacle. He leans against the doorframe and enjoys the fight.

Edit: Name fix

tigerusthegreat
2011-11-08, 08:29 PM
The fight gets pretty fierce, but doesn't seem to be ending anytime soon. Both men are trained fighters, and are skilled at dodging and weaving. One or the other will land a heavy blow, but neither man falls, despite bruises and one having a bloody nose.

The large one seems to be winning the fight, however. The Captain seems fully enthralled in the fight, agreeing to bets from several other spectators.

King-Strawberry
2011-11-08, 08:48 PM
Forgot to do this in my last post :smalleek: looking around to see if there are any other entrances to the building, as well as for the stairwell leading upstairs to the rooms.
Spot [roll0]

tigerusthegreat
2011-11-08, 09:10 PM
King-Strawberry
There is a staircase leading up, presumably to the rooms above, and a back exit behind the bar and through the kitchen.

Killswitch
2011-11-10, 12:40 AM
Goes for my kukri to stab the captain during the commotion of the fight.

Slight of hand[roll0]
attacks the captain with kukri(hopefully in a vital area)[roll1]

Silver Night
2011-11-10, 01:54 AM
Nail casts a spell on the captain, trying his best to make sure it isn't too obvious - hopefully not too hard with the rest of the bar focused on the fight.

Hold Person would be the spell. DC 16

Hbgplayer
2011-11-10, 12:00 PM
Blarn reached behind his head, as if to scratch the back of his neck, and let the dagger hidden in his sleave fall into his hand, and was about to murmer an incantation when he saw someone attack the captain. He turned the dagger so that the blade rested against his fore-arm while holding the end of the pommell, and brought his arm down to his side.
Sleight of Hand: [roll0]

tigerusthegreat
2011-11-10, 08:13 PM
The captain is stabbed, and held by the spell. He makes no sound, and nobody seems to notice. He doesn't seem incapacitated by the wound, nor does he seem able to overcome the holding spell.

Silver Night
2011-11-11, 02:01 AM
Nail wanders over and nonchalantly touches the captain's back.

Convert Animate Dead into a spontaneous Inflict Serious Wounds.

Damage: [roll0]

tigerusthegreat
2011-11-13, 04:50 PM
After stabbing, and being inflicted by wounds, the Captain is still standing, and still retrained by the spell.

Silver Night
2011-11-13, 10:03 PM
Nails pats the Captain on the back as if caught up in the excitement of the fight.

And Desecrate changed to Inflict Moderate Wounds

Damage: [roll0]

tigerusthegreat
2011-11-13, 10:05 PM
The Captain remains standing, but his body is lifeless. The Hold Person spell will expire soon, and that is all that keeps him up. The fight is getting very intense.

Silver Night
2011-11-13, 10:21 PM
Nails walks away, purposefully but not running. He makes his way to the door.

By my count, they've got a couple rounds till the spell ends - which is still only about 12 to 18 seconds.

Killswitch
2011-11-13, 10:46 PM
stabs the Captain once more, after sheathing my kukri, heads to the bartender and gives him 100gp. Heads towards the exit, attempting to avoid being noticed

attack:[roll0]
dmg:[roll1]
slight of hand:[roll2]

mrcarter11
2011-11-14, 12:57 AM
Lakar stands around doing little, drinking his own drink. Once it seems everything has calmed down, he'll make his own attempt at leaving.

tigerusthegreat
2011-11-14, 11:03 AM
The payoffs to the bartender and the general confusion of the Captain seemingly dropping dead of strange injuries without anyone around him have prevented the group's actions from being spotted. The roars of confusion and outrage can be heard from inside the bar, and before the end of the day, there are reward posters up for information leading to an arrest of those involved in the murder of the Captain. Rumor has it that two days from now, there will be a public funeral service, and until then a new Captain will not be appointed.

Killswitch
2011-11-14, 12:04 PM
Back at the inn, cleaning my knifes.
"Well, that went smoother than I expected, beautiful kill Nail. I thought we were going to have a lot more blood flying. With the Captain down do you guys want to go after the Mayor or Tax assessor next? The Mayor will most likely be at the Capt's funeral, its risky but we could get him there. We'll have the crowd and the open air to our favor. If we're lucky the Tax assessor may be there as well."

Hbgplayer
2011-11-14, 12:42 PM
"That it was, boys. I didn' recognise ye until ye stabbed the captain, and I would'a missed it had I not been watchin' him pretty intently. That was some pretty sneaky knife work there, and it worked out much better than wha' I was plannin on doin. I was just gona slit his throat from behind and run fer it.
"I say we take the Mayor out at the funeral. I could set meself on top o' a buildin and take him out with me bow. Like I said before, I have a couple o' arrows that kill whenever they hit someone, so long they be a human. That seems much safer than planin' on no one noticin' us stabbin' him." Blarn responds, chair leaned back and scratching Mutt, who he left behind for the episode (no need in getting recognised because of the dog, right?), between the ears.

King-Strawberry
2011-11-14, 12:45 PM
"If the tax assessor doesn't attend the funeral that might be a good time to deal with him, I'd imagine most of the guards would be in attendance."

Killswitch
2011-11-14, 12:55 PM
"Thanks, yea I don't see us going up to him and stabbing him unless someone can switch places with the new Capt', assuming the promotion is at the same time given by the Mayor. I'll set a hide on a different building and mind if I get one of those arrows? I'll reimburse you for it. I think we may have a better chance of living and getting the shot off if there are two shooters. Anyone happen to know the spell true strike?"

Silver Night
2011-11-14, 02:58 PM
Perhaps we should try leaning on the tax assessor, instead of killing him. He should be the easiest to get to without witnesses. The Mayor, on the other hand...

Well, some recon is in order, but he may end up being a useful target for those arrows. Though I suspect that if we miss, having him holed up and afraid for his life for a week or two might be almost as good as getting him entirely out of the way.

mrcarter11
2011-11-15, 11:57 AM
Lakar speaks once everyone has settled in.

"I would think that attacking the mayor is something best done in his own home. Some of us could perhaps sneak inside and assault him there. If we kill him, then leaning on the tax man with the knowledge of who we've already murdered, well that should convince him quite well.

Hbgplayer
2011-11-15, 04:16 PM
"That be true, but if somethin goes wrong, it will be much easier to get away if we try to take him down durin the funeral than if one or more o' us gets caught inside o' city hall." Blarn replies, sitting forward a little. "Besides, think o' how more powerful it would be if we were to kill him in public. That would say that we are not afraid ta act in public, which he should keep in mind should he ever think o' rattin' out."

Killswitch
2011-11-18, 01:26 AM
"Ok, gents I have some good news and bad news. The Tax man will be attending the funeral, the bad news it doesn't look like we'll be able to negotiate with him, unless we deal with that at a different time. He'll be in the officials box with the mayor during the funeral. It seats up to twenty, and will most likely have eight guards around it. The only construct issue is the pillars, otherwise we're golden, it looks like we'll have to use a bit of both tactics. Blarn and I can take the roof tops to get an angle, and the rest of the team can go in covertly as possible, maybe dressed as guards or officials. One options I think we may all agree upon is you guys go in try to capture them during the chaos, while Blarn and I deal with the guards from the rooftop. If sh*t starts to hit the fan, we kill them. What do ya say?"

Silver Night
2011-11-18, 02:07 AM
"I think it would be easier not to deal with them when they are surrounded by guards and members of the public at the funeral. Surely there is a bit less security at other times - at their homes, or on their morning trips to work."

Killswitch
2011-11-18, 02:20 AM
"Very true and a lot safer, that idea is for the funeral scenario. I definitely agree with that, I mean they have to meet up with a guard at one point" :smallwink:"Hmm....Do ya think we could cover this up, by making it look like the guard is rebelling?"

Killswitch
2011-11-20, 01:39 AM
Walks back with pint of mead and sits..."So then how to you propose we get this done in a timely manor then?"

Silver Night
2011-11-20, 01:49 AM
Perhaps some of the more stealthy among us could check on the mayors place of residence and route to his office. Even I could probably manage the second. Then we hit him whichever place seems safest.

Hbgplayer
2011-11-20, 02:09 AM
I may be misrememberin' but I thought it was said that the mayor lives at city hall, with a coupla guards outside his door an more at the barraks down the hall. That's why I say take him out at the funeral, in public. More people will see it, aye, but if somethin' were to go wrong, then it wouuld be more likely to escape."

You will find said information in the OoC thread, I believe.

Silver Night
2011-11-20, 02:50 AM
Maybe on the way to the funeral, then. When security is more distracted? Or do you think the funeral would be best?

Oops, missed the bit about where he lived.

Killswitch
2011-11-20, 03:36 PM
"Yea trust me, I'm not trying going for the big show on this, but it proves a point and has a higher chance of the team surviving. Rather than trying to take two individually each with their own heavily guarded men, we get them with a limited number of guards, same location, a massive crowd and buildings to disappear in & shoot from. I believe we should rely on both situations Nail, have our top disguise artists and/or hiders stalk each of these men to the funeral, a two-on-one stalk. If the opportunity arises strike them covertly down do so, else we all attack the two at once during the funeral and vanish before anyone has time to gather their senses. I personally do not wish to attack these men individually, since we've already killed someone of power, once we kill, the other will raise their guard in paranoia making our job trickier."

Killswitch
2011-11-23, 11:02 AM
Finishes off the pint."If you guys are okay with that plan I'm going to go clean up and get my gear & spells in order. I really don't care who takes what spot, so long as your skill set holds up or find an innovative way to pull it off. Otherwise anyone got a more effective plan?"

Killswitch
2011-12-01, 01:04 AM
"Okay, I don't care who follows whom to attempt to kill, if you do so just be as discrete as possible as not to screw over the other kill attempt. I'm going to my hide." Leaves heads to a hide on top of one of the buildings with the best vantage point of the officials box. I use the spell "Pass without trace" on self.

Silver Night
2011-12-01, 02:10 PM
Nail uses disguise self again (for a different disguise) and follows the tax assessor, not trying to hide, but just to blend in with the rest of the traffic.

Bluff to blend in with the rest of the street: [roll0]

Spot: [roll1] to find a good opportunity to take down the tax assessor.

tigerusthegreat
2011-12-02, 10:18 PM
The Assessor seems to catch on to you following him. He ducks down an alley faster than you can follow, and disappears from view.

Killswitch
2011-12-09, 01:46 AM
So whenever I get a clear shot on the tax man or the mayor, which ever one settles down first

attack long bow [roll0]
dmg [roll1]

tigerusthegreat
2011-12-10, 02:01 PM
You loose sight of the tax assessor altogether. You aren't sure where he went, but it's clear he is on to you, and will probably be more cautious in the future.

Silver Night
2011-12-20, 02:13 AM
Nail heads to the funeral, and tries to find the others.

tigerusthegreat
2011-12-27, 11:31 PM
While the "booth" the mayor will be in is open, and great for shooting into, there are guards posted on most of the rooftops around the area. You haven't been able to find an unguarded one with a decent shot.

There are several with decent shots, but they all have at least two guards on them. A fight on the rooftops would likely attract attention.

Hbgplayer
2012-01-04, 11:54 PM
Blarn mutters a curse when he sees the guards on the roof-tops but begins looking for a window with a decent shot that is one or two floors below the roof of the building that he is in.

tigerusthegreat
2012-01-07, 06:15 PM
Examining the area, there are several buildings that could offer a clear shot to the booth. However, they are all occupied by people at the moment, watching the funeral from afar.