PDA

View Full Version : Backstory help for my warrant.

Zombieboots
2011-10-18, 12:37 PM
Hey there Play Grounders, been a while since I posted here, and was wondering if I could get some inspiration for my character background as I am at somewhat of a writing block.

So I’ve joined a 15th level campaign in which I have already begun playing an Half-Orc Inquisitor. The party is a very heavily militaristically orientated, but that’s not important. What is important is that even though we are playing a Pathfinder game, we are playing in the Planescape setting.

My “introduction” was that the party was weeding out this abandon complex/mansion in the Outlands near Rigus (7th ring) and found this super-security-locked down coffin, in which I was inside in status. A warrant for my arrest was inside and it apparently had a laundry list of reasons for my imprisonment, decreed by one of the super authorities of one of the Planes of Law. The apparent feel after a few knowledge checks was that my imprisonment was important but got somehow lost through the cracks of bureaucracy. So thus far I am a forgotten entity amongst the planes.
The DM revealed I could take the heretic Arch-type if I wished (I did). I am also a Sin-Eater, and have ranks and spells for torture. This was not meant to be an Evil alignment thing, more along the lines of “willing to do whatever for the greater good.” Hoping to land more in an extremist for Law on the alignment wheel.

So my DM has asked me to make up a backstory for this character.
All of what I have written above seems very grim and dark but the play style of this group is normally subtle satire, often trying to keep straight faces when we tell our jokes.

So I’d prefer a backstory that is similar in form. A very seriously spoken story that has dire consequences but when you break it down leaves you going “…Wait-a-moment… What was that last part!?”
So again, I’m mostly looking for inspiration, but if you’d like to writing out a whole story I’m not opposed to that. I’ll probably be modifying any ideas posted any way.

Please & Thank you all in advance!

Hyudra
2011-10-18, 01:30 PM
Tall order.

I'm not sure which direction you're aiming to go in. You say he was imprisoned by a decree from an authority of the plane of law, but he's an extremist for law?

hewhosaysfish
2011-10-19, 06:38 AM
Tall order.

I'm not sure which direction you're aiming to go in. You say he was imprisoned by a decree from an authority of the plane of law, but he's an extremist for law?

Maybe he imprisoned himself for failing to fill in his imprisonment papers properly...