PDA

View Full Version : Poison on Natural Attacks

Mockingbird
2011-10-18, 01:39 PM
Can you apply poison to natural attacks? I know there's a feat where you can't accidentally poison yourself when putting poison on a weapon, and natural attacks are light weapons. With natural attacks that are always on you, probably not, but what about temporary natural attacks? Sorcerer (with certain bloodlines), druid during wildshape, and warshaper whenever he wants to have a natural weapon all grow them at certain times.

Yora
2011-10-18, 01:43 PM
I don't see any reason why not.

If it is a contact poison, it might be impossible to apply it without poisoning yourself, but with an injury poison there shouldn't be any chance at all.

MesiDoomstalker
2011-10-18, 02:42 PM
I don't see any reason why not.

If it is a contact poison, it might be impossible to apply it without poisoning yourself, but with an injury poison there shouldn't be any chance at all.

Without the Poison Use ability, there is always a 5% chance of accidentally poisoning yourself. Of course applying contatct directly to your natural attacks doesn't need explanation.

NeoSeraphi
2011-10-18, 02:48 PM
If you are good-aligned, you can take the Touch of Golden Ice feat from Book of Exalted Deeds, and all evil creatures (including undead, devils and demons, who are all immune to poison) will need to make a DC 13 Fortitude save every time you hit them or they will take 1dX Dex damage (Can't remember if it's d4 or d6)

I'm pretty sure there's even a clause about Ravages that say they ignore an undead's immunity to ability score damage. The DC for the save is admittedly low and it doesn't scale, but a 5 percent chance on every attack is still well worth a feat in my opinion, especially for Dexterity damage.

Edit: By the way, this ravage is automatic, no need to buy more poison, no need to apply it, no actions or AoOs necessary and no risk of poisoning yourself.

Mockingbird
2011-10-18, 02:57 PM
If you are good-aligned, you can take the Touch of Golden Ice feat from Book of Exalted Deeds, and all evil creatures (including undead, devils and demons, who are all immune to poison) will need to make a DC 13 Fortitude save every time you hit them or they will take 1dX Dex damage (Can't remember if it's d4 or d6)

I'm pretty sure there's even a clause about Ravages that say they ignore an undead's immunity to ability score damage. The DC for the save is admittedly low and it doesn't scale, but a 5 percent chance on every attack is still well worth a feat in my opinion, especially for Dexterity damage.

Edit: By the way, this ravage is automatic, no need to buy more poison, no need to apply it, no actions or AoOs necessary and no risk of poisoning yourself.

I am a Hexblade, and becoming good-aligned would remove my class abilities. ):

NeoSeraphi
2011-10-18, 03:10 PM
I am a Hexblade, and becoming good-aligned would remove my class abilities. ):

Wow, a Hexblade with natural attacks? That's probably honestly the very last class I would have guessed. Sorry that I couldn't help you.

Keld Denar
2011-10-18, 03:31 PM
I'd say about 80% of natural weapons come from races, feats, and items, none of which are class dependant. A couple of dragony PrCs give you claws and bites, and a couple of odd sources like the Hunger domain, and of course the Totemist (with the right Totem bind), but other than that, feats like Deepspawn, classes like Darfallen and Kobold, and items like Beast Claws and that one dragon mask in the MIC are the primary source of natural weapons. Thus, you could apply them to any class, Hexblade included.