PDA

View Full Version : Healing undead as a wizard?

gooddragon1
2011-10-18, 04:28 PM
Is there any way to heal undead as a wizard? Preferably low level? Wishful thinking: in core.

Retech
2011-10-18, 04:29 PM
Black sand?

RaggedAngel
2011-10-18, 04:30 PM
Is there any way to heal undead as a wizard? Preferably low level? Wishful thinking: in core.

Enervation can give them temporary hit points, but it doesn't actually heal them. Other than that I don't see anything, sorry.

NNescio
2011-10-18, 04:35 PM
Take the Lord of the Uttercold feat (Complete Arcane). It also requires Energy Substitution (cold) as a prereq. Now throw around AoE cold spells nilly willy to heal your undead. I recommend Walls of Cold Fire and then having your zombies enact Thriller while dancing through them.

That's the hallmark of the Uttercold Assault Necromancer build.

gooddragon1
2011-10-18, 04:36 PM
Black sand?

Very nice, I will look into this more.

Take the Lord of the Uttercold feat (Complete Arcane). Now throw around AoE cold spells nilly willy to heal your undead.

Looks good too..

NNescio
2011-10-18, 04:40 PM
Also, if Tomb and Blood (3.0) material is kosher, then there's Negative Energy Ray, a first-level spell. Plus a few other negative energy spells, but they aren't as useful.

Tr011
2011-10-18, 04:57 PM
Make them constructs and use Repair-spells. (but I'm afraid it will be hard to make an undead construct)

Andion Isurand
2011-10-18, 05:11 PM
This spell also appears in Dungeon Magazine 109.

http://www.obsidianportal.com/campaign/shackledcityzero/wikis/icefane-corpse

chain it, then hit your undead and enemies with cold spells
__________________________________________________ _

Icefane Corpse
Necromancy [Cold]
Level: Sor/Wiz 3
Components: V, S, M
Casting Time: 1 standard action
Range: Close (25 ft. + 5 ft./2 levels)
Targets: One undead creature
Duration: 1 round/level
Saving Throw: Fortitude negates (harmless)
Spell Resistance: Yes (harmless)

You infuse the affected undead with a powerful burst of necromantic cold. Affected undead gain the following benefits:

One of the undead creature’s natural attacks becomes infused with supernatural cold, and inflicts 1d6 additional points of cold damage on a hit.

Fire resistance 10.

Any time the undead suffers cold damage, it is instead healed for an amount of hit points equal to the damage it would have suffered. Any resistance to cold that the undead creature might have does not reduce the amount of healing that it receives when exposed to cold damage.

Material Component A wight’s thumbnail.