PDA

View Full Version : Optimizing natural ability score damage healing rate

Gorgondantess
2011-10-18, 10:08 PM
The title says it all: I want to twink out my natural healing rate for ability score damage as much as possible. I'm looking for, primarily, that which can be achieved with items, feats, races with no more than +1 LA, or at most 1-3 levels worth of dipping. Assume full UMD ability, if necessary.
Natural healing rate only. I don't care about the restoration spell, and anyone who tells me to bind Naberius will be shot.:smalltongue:

And since I am positive this is going to crop up: this is for the purposes of a very specific homebrew project, to whom natural ability score recovery rate is crucial, and I want to see just how far it can be broken. I'm not actually going to use these tricks, but rather am testing the viability of a rather unique mechanic, if I do say so myself.

A future much obliged to you all, optimizers of the playground.:smallsmile:

hex0
2011-10-18, 10:13 PM
Faster healing feat (CW)

Gorgondantess
2011-10-18, 10:28 PM
I'm more looking for any ways to really optimize the crap out of it- Fast healing is all well and good, but I'm looking for a little more.:smallamused:

herrhauptmann
2011-10-18, 11:19 PM
Genesis: create a demiplane with faster flow of time relative to the prime material. Teleport there in the evening after taking your ability score damage, then come back after 10 minutes.
Well 10 minutes for the party. A week for you.

deuxhero
2011-10-18, 11:25 PM
Bind Naberius while using magic items that protect against missiles!

In seriousness, Mind Over Body (http://www.d20srd.org/srd/psionic/psionicFeats.htm#mindOverBody) boosts your rate. Just be warned that being taken into negative CON, by RAW, prevents healing.

Elfinor
2011-10-19, 01:06 AM
Bind Naberius while using magic items that protect against missiles!

In seriousness, Mind Over Body (http://www.d20srd.org/srd/psionic/psionicFeats.htm#mindOverBody) boosts your rate. Just be warned that being taken into negative CON, by RAW, prevents healing.Damn. Ninja'd.

It doesn't prevent healing if taken into negative CON though.
You heal a number of ability points per day equal to 1 + your Constitution bonus. Emphasis added. A bonus is either positive or non-existent.

Zaq
2011-10-19, 01:55 AM
Gotcha covered. (http://www.giantitp.com/forums/showthread.php?t=189716&highlight=microguide)

Gotterdammerung
2011-10-19, 02:15 AM
Faster healing feat will give you an increased recovery rate based on a chart in Complete warrior.

Healthful rest is a low lvl spell (1st i think) that lasts a good while (24 hours i think). It doubles natural healing rate.

not sure how the 2 would combine together.

Darrin
2011-10-19, 09:04 AM
Some items that might help:

Periapt of Wound Closure (15000 GP, DMG) doubles your natural healing.

Heward's Fortifying Bedroll (3000 GP, Complete Mage) gives you the equivalent of 8 hours of natural healing for only 1 hour of rest.

hushblade
2011-10-19, 09:06 AM
I think that genesis was errata'd so that time must pass as it does on the prime material plane. I could be mistaken.

Edit: You can’t manipulate the time trait on your demiplane; its time trait is as the Material Plane.
From the psionic version. Presumably applies to the spell since it makes no mention of whether the time trait is within your control of not.