PDA

View Full Version : A Quick AoO Question:

TheRinni
2011-10-19, 12:30 AM
When you make an Attack of Opportunity, do you make the attack using your highest BaB?

And, if you have Combat Reflexes, do you make your all your Attacks of Opportunity that round at your highest BaB?

Biffoniacus_Furiou
2011-10-19, 12:41 AM
Yes and yes. Note that any bonuses or penalties that apply to all of your attacks for the round (TWF, Power Attack, charging, etc.) apply to AoOs you make until your next turn.

TheRinni
2011-10-19, 12:50 AM
Alright, my quick question is about to get a little bit more complicated. Combat Reflexes gives you more AoO per round, but not per opportunity, correct?

Since that's the case, I just don't understand how this Jack B Quick build works:

1. TWF, Dodge, WF (Longsword)
2. Combat Expertise
3. Improved Trip
4. WF (Handaxe)
6. Improved TWF, High Sword Low Axe
8. Combat Reflexes
9. Karmic Strike

The basic notion of the character is simple: for every strike of the opponent's, he will get repeated strikes in return. Early in his life, he's a fairly straightforward two-weapon fighter. Once he hits level 9, though, he begins to shift to his trademark fighting style--his opponent hits him, he strikes back with sword and dagger, trips, and hits again with the sword.
http://community.wizards.com/go/thread/view/75882/19869062/6_hits_to_1:_Jack_B._Quick

How does this character gain 4 attacks with Karmic Strike after being hit once? It only gives you one AoO.

EDIT:
Oh, I think I see what the issue is. This build takes Double up at level 10. That means he can attack with both the sword and dagger at first, but how does he follow up with the trip immediately afterwards? Is it a free action?

tyckspoon
2011-10-19, 01:28 AM
High Sword, Low Axe gives you a free trip attempt when you hit with both sword and axe.