PDA

View Full Version : 3.5 shadowdancer

Meianleader
2011-10-19, 06:04 AM
simply, from what I have now, what's the best way to continue making a shadow dancer (specifically, 7 other lvls of classes & other feats to take)?

current party is a favored soul, monk (both down 800xp), fighter & me, lv3
the world is open to any kind of encounter with no real theme

atm, I'm a half vampire (from libris mortis, but without children of the night, natural armor, or DR & more penalties for not drinking blood, & w/o LA) elf with 3 levels of rogue
stats: str 16, dex 19, con 11, int 17, wis 12, cha 16
feats: TWF, dodge
I'm definately going to go full shadow dancer, solely for flavor

other than that, what's the best way to go about making this character the best it can be, preferably in a way that plays off of deceptive means or outright damage

what i've thought of so far is take the next 4 lvls as monk, getting improved grapple for drinking blood & combat reflexes to save a feat, also with all the other nice monk abilities
then getting feats like combat expertise & deft strike, then spring attack & not too sure where to go from there

feats are gained every odd level
chaos monk gives +BAB rather than AC at higher lvls & has rping req i'd fill by drinking blood
no psionics
otherwise, 3.5 rules

Flickerdart
2011-10-19, 08:46 AM
Grapple is usually a bad idea, since most monsters are bigger and bitier than you are. Your low BAB will also be a problem.

Shadowdancer's final 9 levels are nothing short of depressing. Your Shadow is far too weak to be useful, you already have Evasion, Shadow Jump is a standard action so you can't move and attack...if you really want Improved Evasion and Slippery Mind, just keep taking Rogue levels until you can snag them as special abilities.

If you want a shadow-themed class, there are so many better options. Swordsage gives you access to Shadow Hand maneuvers (which include more sneak attack and better shadow-teleporting), Crinti Shadow Marauder and Teflammar Shadowlord let you attack after a teleport, and also grant Shadow Jump. Even plain old Assassin gives you a continued Sneak Attack progression plus some incredible spells out of the Spell Compendium.