PDA

View Full Version : Jackie Chan Adventures 3.5

Mummy king
2011-10-19, 08:35 AM
So my friends and I have all moved off to separate universities, and we were discussing me running a one shot game at Christmas. (My friend is running a Christmas-themed Cthulhu game and it was suggested I run 3.5). I jokingly suggested that maybe Santa has been kidnapped and an elaborate rescue mission should be mounted- and it was pointed out that this is almost exactly the plot of the Jackie Chan Adventures Christmas Special. What we've traditionally done for one-shot games is that the DM will stat up characters and assign them to the players for the session, so this got me thinking; how would I create expys for the Jackie Chan characters? (These do not have to be optimised. Far from optimised would, in fact, be preferable as if this is the way the game goes, it will be heavily comedic.)

Ideas so far: (probably be mid-level)
Jackie: Monk, ranks in knowledge (history) to reflect his archaeological background
Uncle: Multiclass monk/wizard maybe? Ranks in knowledge skills - history, arcana, the planes
Tohru: I have no idea...
Jade: A child...
Viper: Rogue
El Toro: Fighter/Reaping Mauler
Captain Black: Don't know.

Those will be the characters available to the players, there will be 4-5 players so not all those characters will be played. Villains will be Daolon Wong (evil wizard), Finn, Ratso, Chow (thugs of some sort with some template to reflect their dark chi magic) and Hak Foo (martial artist with the same template), and some abominable snowmen (adapt either sand golems [from sandstorm] or entombed [from frostburn]).
These ideas are off the top of my head, any help you can give will be appreciated =P

Tokuhara
2011-10-19, 08:40 AM
So my friends and I have all moved off to separate universities, and we were discussing me running a one shot game at Christmas. (My friend is running a Christmas-themed Cthulhu game and it was suggested I run 3.5). I jokingly suggested that maybe Santa has been kidnapped and an elaborate rescue mission should be mounted- and it was pointed out that this is almost exactly the plot of the Jackie Chan Adventures Christmas Special. What we've traditionally done for one-shot games is that the DM will stat up characters and assign them to the players for the session, so this got me thinking; how would I create expys for the Jackie Chan characters? (These do not have to be optimised. Far from optimised would, in fact, be preferable as if this is the way the game goes, it will be heavily comedic.)

Ideas so far: (probably be mid-level)
Jackie: Monk, ranks in knowledge (history) to reflect his archaeological background
Uncle: Multiclass monk/wizard maybe? Ranks in knowledge skills - history, arcana, the planes
Tohru: I have no idea...
Jade: A child...
Viper: Rogue
El Toro: Fighter/Reaping Mauler
Captain Black: Don't know.

Those will be the characters available to the players, there will be 4-5 players so not all those characters will be played. Villains will be Daolon Wong (evil wizard), Finn, Ratso, Chow (thugs of some sort with some template to reflect their dark chi magic) and Hak Foo (martial artist with the same template), and some abominable snowmen (adapt either sand golems [from sandstorm] or entombed [from frostburn]).
These ideas are off the top of my head, any help you can give will be appreciated =P

My Take:

Jackie: Swordsage with Knowledge

And your Abominable Snowmen? Yeti from Frostburn

llamamushroom
2011-10-19, 08:41 AM
I'd like to say that I love you for this! Man, that show was awesome.

Anyway, I'd say that Tohru would be any massive tank class, though my knowledge of melee is unfortunately lacking...

As for the dark chi minions, warlocks go down well for that sort of thing. Unfortunately, it's been ages since I last watched it, so I can't give anything specific.

Finally, you must have those zodiac talismans from season one (and whenever they resurrected that plotline). They're a little over-powered, but I think that just adds to their charms.

Mummy king
2011-10-19, 08:47 AM
Finally, you must have those zodiac talismans from season one (and whenever they resurrected that plotline). They're a little over-powered, but I think that just adds to their charms.

I like. I think these will be the only magic items available, and I'll let each character pick a couple, and let 'em squabble over who gets what =P

Regarding yeti as abominable snowman; in the show, Daolon Wong brought some actual snowmen to life with dark magic, so I'd like to give them some freaky snow-related abilities, e.g. the sand golem's suffocation ability, or the entombed's freeze. Or maybe they could split like oozes? I'm gonna have to watch the episode again =P