PDA

View Full Version : ToB Questions [D&D 3.5]

Meriss
2011-10-19, 10:17 AM
SO I finally (!) got my grubby little mitts on the Book of Nine Rings. (I'm a cheapskate, what can I say)

Were there any specifacally racial classes detailed in the book? Like stuff designed almost exclusivly for Dwarves or elves?

Sucrose
2011-10-19, 10:25 AM
Presuming that you mean Book of Nine Swords, there are two prestige classes with racial prerequisites: the Eternal Blade, and the Deepstone Sentinel, focusing on extensions of the Diamond Mind and Stone Dragon schools, respectively.

Meriss
2011-10-19, 10:59 AM
Presuming that you mean Book of Nine Swords, there are two prestige classes with racial prerequisites: the Eternal Blade, and the Deepstone Sentinel, focusing on extensions of the Diamond Mind and Stone Dragon schools, respectively.

Indeed I did mean Book of Nine Swords. (SIGH)

Gracias!

Dusk Eclipse
2011-10-19, 12:03 PM
Eternal blade is one of the most awesome and powerful Prg. classes in the book, that (and Valenar elves) are the only reason I would play an Elf

Deepstone sentinel is a bit weaker as it focuses in what the general consensus is one if not the, weakest disciplines of the book so you may want to take that into account if you are planning to make a build using it.

Also ToB is awesome! I am pretty sure you won't regret that purchase.

Keld Denar
2011-10-20, 05:21 PM
Feel free to ask any other questions you have here. Bo9S is one of the favorite books around here, and there are many experts. Including myself (I think...)

hehehehehe

Thrice Dead Cat
2011-10-20, 06:54 PM
A few things: the errata is mostly worthless, due to WotC screwing up and then just not caring about it.

Iron Heart Surge's rules text could accurately be replaced with BY CROM! because as is, it's a mess.

Daftendirekt
2011-10-20, 06:57 PM
I'm confused about why you're asking what's in the book if you just got the book.

Go read.

/thread

Zaq
2011-10-20, 07:06 PM
It's possible that he just ordered it and is waiting for it to be delivered. I wouldn't have phrased it exactly like that, but it's not out of the question.

Also, it can be a lot to take in. Just because we have it mostly memorized doesn't mean everyone does.

Big Fau
2011-10-20, 07:19 PM
A few things: the errata is mostly worthless, due to WotC screwing up and then just not caring about it.

Thankfully, this has been fixed by the BG community.

MesiDoomstalker
2011-10-20, 07:32 PM

They do good work.

I have my question of my own: If I take Master of the Nines with a Crusader/Warblade base, do I add the manuevers I learn or the extra manuevers readied through Mot9 to both classes or only one? And if I don't add to both, can I split it up? What if the maneuvers I learn aren't from the schools for either class, say Setting Sun?

Big Fau
2011-10-20, 07:37 PM
They do good work.

I have my question of my own: If I take Master of the Nines with a Crusader/Warblade base, do I add the manuevers I learn or the extra manuevers readied through Mot9 to both classes or only one? And if I don't add to both, can I split it up? What if the maneuvers I learn aren't from the schools for either class, say Setting Sun?

Just one, and no. This is spelled out in the PrC section itself.

If the maneuvers aren't from your normal schools, you select one of your classes to gain those maneuvers. In effect, PrCs are like taking Martial Study a lot without it counting against your feats (minus maneuvers readied).

sreservoir
2011-10-20, 08:07 PM

the errata is actually quite valuable, and includes necessary clarifications and revisions.

just not for the right book.

Redshirt Army
2011-10-20, 09:43 PM

Link? I haven't heard about this.

sreservoir
2011-10-20, 09:48 PM
the somewhat-neglected, now-revived unofficial errata project. (http://brilliantgameologists.com/boards/index.php?board=158.0)

Dusk Eclipse
2011-10-20, 09:49 PM
Link? I haven't heard about this.

Tome of Battle Unofficial Errata (http://brilliantgameologists.com/boards/index.php?topic=11890.0)

Edit: I am supposed to be the Ninja Swordsage...

ClothedInVelvet
2011-10-21, 09:38 AM
the somewhat-neglected, now-revived unofficial errata project. (http://brilliantgameologists.com/boards/index.php?board=158.0)

That is literally beautiful. Has anyone put it into a PDF so I can add it to my errata collection? That is one thing that should not be lost.

However, I will be sad to no longer be able to use Iron Heart Surge to remedy the fact that I'm angry. Sad day.

Chronos
2011-10-21, 02:38 PM
Literally as written, IHS can't shake off paralysis or domination, but can extinguish the Sun, if you're a race with light sensitivity.

Big Fau
2011-10-21, 03:36 PM
Literally as written, IHS can't shake off paralysis or domination, but can extinguish the Sun, if you're a race with light sensitivity.

They errata'ed it so it just shuts off your racial weakness until the end of your turn.

Godskook
2011-10-21, 04:57 PM

Actually, by RAW, it only affects effects that have a duration measured in rounds. This is the same annoying technicality that would prevent you from choosing metabreath feats as, say a half-dragon, behir or frost worm.

Dusk Eclipse
2011-10-21, 05:09 PM
Actually, by RAW, it only affects effects that have a duration measured in rounds. This is the same annoying technicality that would prevent you from choosing metabreath feats as, say a half-dragon, behir or frost worm.

Off-topic: there is a feat in RotD that converts half dragons breath weapon into once every 1d4 rounds, allowing for metabreaths >_> <_<