PDA

View Full Version : Side Adventures for The Aftermath [IC]

PollyOliver
2011-10-19, 03:15 PM
This is a thread for resolving side adventures and nighttime wanderings in parallel with the actual IC, to keep that thread moving.

Kremti
2011-10-19, 03:18 PM
He is briefly mesmerized by the spinning coin, but then looks up and
narrows his eyes.

"That's a lotta money to be wavin' around in a place
like this. How do I know you're someone to be
trusted?"

'Prickle' lowers his voice, "Well, I don't trust you
either. But this is a simple business transaction. I need some
goods. Not just any goods, but a good quality goods. I have the
cash. I'm even showing you the cash right here. You provide the
goods, and I pay you in cash immediately. I trust you to provide a
quality goods, and if earn my trust, you'll have a repeat
customer.", he starts spinning second platinum coin on the
bar.

-K

PollyOliver
2011-10-19, 04:56 PM
He stares at the coin, biting his lip. Finally, he nods.

"What kind of goods are you looking for?"

Kremti
2011-10-19, 06:37 PM
"Right now, I am looking for some specialized utensils and to cook up some...dangerous stuff. Noxious stuff, if you know what I mean.", 'Prickle' whispers low, without looking at the bartender's eyes.

-K

PollyOliver
2011-10-20, 12:25 AM
"Well, might be I understand just that sort of thing. Depending on what kind of payment is involved." He doesn't seem to notice that you won't meet his gaze--probably because his eyes are still locked on the money.

Kremti
2011-10-20, 08:44 AM
'Prickle' pulls out his purse, "I have more of those coins you are so fascinated by. A few of those will make it worth your while, huh." He jiggles the purse slightly, not making sounds, but enough to show the weight of the purse. He puts the purse back in, and then taps and stops one of the spinning coins with the palm of his hand. "You may examine this, if you like."
So, what's the general understanding of "Dragonstamped" coins? Riken asked if it's OK to be paid in Dragonstamped coins, and I assumed there's some implication of using them...if you need Knowledge: Local or something, Kietainn gets 15 on that after taking 10...
-K

PollyOliver
2011-10-21, 01:32 PM
He takes the coin, weighs it in his palm, and then turns it over a few times.

"They'll do," he says finally. He sets the coin back down on the bar and fishes a key out of his pocket and lays it on the bar next to the coin. "Business what it is, it'll be six of those, and it'll be ready in half a toll or so. It'll be the last room at the end of the hall upstairs."

They're hard money, so they spend fine in most places, but some people find them distasteful because they were the old empire's currency--whether it be out of dislike of anything related to the dragons or a sense of patriotism. They're also a little conspicuous, now being rarer than modern currency. The weights of new currency are also very slightly different, though no one seems to have a good explanation for why it was done that way, so they can't simply be re-stamped, and some sellers round slightly up when accepting them, frequently more than they really need to. Most people just take them at face value, though, because the difference is quite small.

Kremti
2011-10-21, 06:03 PM
'Prickle' stacks the coins neatly, adding extra 4 on top of two that's already on the bar, making it 6-high stack. He then picks up the key next to it, and palms it into his hand. He looks into his tankard, wait momentarily and decides against chugging this murky brown liquid.

The disguised Gnome surveys the bar. Makes a mental note of the customers who are here, and looks around to see if anyone is paying particular attention to him.

Then slowly, he makes it upstairs. Quietly, not making sudden move, at a steady pace. He heads to the room at the end. He looks back to see if anyone is around and after making sure he's not followed, and no one is around, he opens the door using the key given, and steps inside.

-K