PDA

View Full Version : Using Bluff and Disguise in combat (PF)

Mockingbird
2011-10-19, 06:32 PM
I'm playing a Warshaper Changeling in a pathfinder game. I have high strength, constitution and charisma. My highest skills are bluff and disguise, at +25 each. Any way to incorporate these into combat?

deuxhero
2011-10-19, 06:39 PM
Bluff can feint.

As for disguise, make yourself look like the squishy wizard (if you are a tank)

Gotterdammerung
2011-10-19, 06:50 PM
If you have a way to momentarily block line of sight, you can impersonate your enemies allies. Ex. Drop a fog cloud on top of the enemy rogue and then change into her form and then run out of the cloud and roleplay the rest of the switch out.

You can psuedo-tank with it if you take the form of a high agro ally and attempt to confuse the enemy as to which one is the real threat.

If you have intel on your enemies, then take the form of their loved ones for added horror.

Take the form of an enemy and grapple them to confuse their allies.

Take the form of their leader and command them. Example, the city guard has surrounded the party and plans to arrest them. You change into the king and explain that you were magically altered to look like a peasant, so as to keep a low profile. Then assure them that there is no foul play here, sware them to secrecy, and command them to go about their business and let you go.

Mockingbird
2011-10-19, 07:41 PM
Bluff can feint.

As for disguise, make yourself look like the squishy wizard (if you are a tank)

Kind of hard to look like the squishy wizard when the squishy wizard in our party IS the tank. :P

Diefje
2011-10-19, 07:48 PM
Feign death, it's so much more believable when there's parts missing

Mockingbird
2011-10-19, 07:56 PM
Feign death, it's so much more believable when there's parts missing

Good idea, but the DM seems to give everyone a +25 to sense motive at 5th level.. I don't see what benefit this could get me other than maybe a surprise round when everyone else is dead.. I'll try it sometime though.